Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U15 USMNT Camp Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U15 USMNT Camp

+6
Number13
finish1
hanallalone
soccerdadrandy
Soccer27
tpitty
10 posters

Go down

U15 USMNT Camp Empty U15 USMNT Camp

Post by tpitty 11/8/2016, 9:26 am

Congrats to the local boys and Texas boys that got the call up! Represent!

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-boys/thirty-six-players-called-to-u-s-u-15-boys-national-team-camp-2/

Link to SoccerWire

tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

U15 USMNT Camp Empty Re: U15 USMNT Camp

Post by dfwsoccerdad 11/8/2016, 9:37 am

1 of the names on there shocks me (yet doesn't shock me)

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 11/8/2016, 10:58 am

dfwsoccerdad wrote:1 of the names on there shocks me (yet doesn't shock me)

?? Which of the two ?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/8/2016, 11:07 am

Interesting who they did/didn't pick from FCD. It underscores how subjective it all is. I do hear good things about the player they did pick.

3 players from Lonestar is a strong showing from them. I read something about Lonestar beefing up their coaching (I think that was at U16 and U18). Seems like they are on an upswing.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 11/8/2016, 11:10 am

The Gaines kid from Lonestar is the truth. I believe, his brother is McKinzie whom recently signed with Wolfsburg.

I could argue that a few FCD players should supplant some of the other Texas boys, but maybe the scouts were looking for something specific.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/8/2016, 11:33 am

No doubt that FCD has many good players that could have been on the list. It is very tough to narrow down the players in a country this big to just 36 at this age. Some players have hit puberty and are 6 foot, 160 lbs and others are still 5 foot 95 lbs. A lot will change in the next couple of years and it ought to get clearer who the standouts are. But there are many factors at play including what competition there is in certain positions, style of play the coach is looking for, etc.

Good to see Texas got a decent representation instead of being overlooked as happened many times in the past.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/8/2016, 12:21 pm

the more interesting thing to witness is if and how many of these boys end up being involved in us national team at u23 or beyond. history doesn't bode well for that scenario
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/8/2016, 1:38 pm

True, but kudos to the boys selected because it is not easy to be top of the tree at any age.....
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/8/2016, 5:02 pm

davito wrote:True, but kudos to the boys selected because it is not easy to be top of the tree at any age.....

please pass my pruning analogy along to the US scouting staff. while shaping the fruit tree early is advised. equally important to stimulate growth is Pruning. you can't identify and "lock away" talent in bradenton fl for 2 years and go win the u17 world cup lol

http://www.starkbros.com/growing-guide/article/successful-tree-pruning
• Survival

First, a tree needs pruning to help it survive after planting. In digging, a bare-root trees’ roots have been disturbed. The trees have lost many of their tiny feeder roots, which are needed to absorb moisture and nutrients, but the top is still its full size! This imbalance can cause tree growth to be weak and slow.

• Stimulation

In addition, cutting the tree back stimulates stronger, more vigorous, growth from the remaining buds. After a single growing season, a pruned tree will be bigger than a matching unpruned tree.

• Shaping

The natural shape of a fruit tree is not always the best for maximum fruit production. It’s best to start the shaping process as early as possible, particularly to balance the top portion with the root system.

soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/8/2016, 5:30 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:you can't identify and "lock away" talent in bradenton fl for 2 years and go win the u17 world cup lol

Excellent tree analogy SDR Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

There is a tendency for national associations to follow this lock away approach. In England it was Lilleshall and now St Georges Park. In France, Clairefontaine. They get some successes but plenty more talent bubbles up elsewhere over time. A really good system needs to foster talent from clubs all over the country.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dfwsoccerdad 11/8/2016, 11:49 pm

Soccer27 wrote:

?? Which of the two ?

I cannot put the kid's name out there but we have played him numerous times over the years and he really doesn't impress me.

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 11/9/2016, 7:29 am

Haven't seen him play since the DC, so MAYBE he is not the player we remember??? My first thought was HUH, but then I realized that this is an age where 6 months can produce growth/ maturation that is hard to comprehend... Either way, CONGRATS to those called up!!!
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/9/2016, 8:22 am

tpitty wrote:The Gaines kid from Lonestar is the truth. I believe, his brother is McKinzie .

Never was a fan of McKinzie. He was big, fast and strong, but didn't know how to play soccer. He does have explosive speed and can be deadly at distance. That style of play works as long as your the fastest guy on the pitch. Maybe the Germans can teach him the game. Or maybe he'll be another American bust with a mediocre career overseas.

I haven't seen his younger brother play, but will have to go on your word that he is the truth.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/9/2016, 8:38 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:the more interesting thing to witness is if and how many of these boys end up being involved in us national team at u23 or beyond. history doesn't bode well for that scenario

Well, in fairness, the US national team consists of folks from a very wide age range (18-mid30s). So when they pick 35 kids at one age, the odds of any one of these kids being involved in 7-10 years with the senior national team is very very low. Even if they are identifying the right kids. You factor in physical changes from 8-9th grade until early 20s, and subjectivity, and if they get one of 35 they are probably beating the curve.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 11/9/2016, 9:19 am

finish1 wrote:
tpitty wrote:The Gaines kid from Lonestar is the truth. I believe, his brother is McKinzie .

Never was a fan of McKinzie. He was big, fast and strong, but didn't know how to play soccer. He does have explosive speed and can be deadly at distance. That style of play works as long as your the fastest guy on the pitch. Maybe the Germans can teach him the game. Or maybe he'll be another American bust with a mediocre career overseas.

I haven't seen his younger brother play, but will have to go on your word that he is the truth.

Saw this comment the other day about Mckinzie: "Gaines having a huge impact in his first games here in Germany, definitely one of the best players in this year's league. Already 5 goals in only 7 games and several assists. Really outstanding player."

Hopefully that holds up for him.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 11/9/2016, 9:21 am

hanallalone wrote: I realized that this is an age where 6 months can produce growth/ maturation that is hard to comprehend

If you see the Lonestars team play you will see growth and maturation that is hard to comprehend. Those young men are big!
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/9/2016, 12:25 pm

tpitty wrote:
finish1 wrote:

Saw this comment the other day about Mckinzie: "Gaines having a huge impact in his first games here in Germany, definitely one of the best players in this year's league. Already 5 goals in only 7 games and several assists. Really outstanding player."

Wow, it almost sounds like he's ready for the first team! I have a pretty good track record and may be wrong on this one, but he's a lot like Brek Shea in terms of power, speed and distance. I was lambasted for calling Brek out and was reminded of my miscalculation when he was subsequently called up to the USMNT. I'll stand by my observation.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 11/9/2016, 12:29 pm

finish1 wrote:
tpitty wrote:
finish1 wrote:

Wow, it almost sounds like he's ready for the first team! I have a pretty good track record and may be wrong on this one, but he's a lot like Brek Shea in terms of power, speed and distance. I was lambasted for calling Brek out and was reminded of my miscalculation when he was subsequently called up to the USMNT.  I'll stand by my observation.

Definitely not knocking your observation, you have a higher chance of being right about a player not making it than being wrong. Just pointing out what is happening. Since you mentioned the first team, he actually got another first team call up today.

https://twitter.com/VfLWolfsburg_EN/status/796359921122021376

Cool stuff.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/9/2016, 3:54 pm

Yes, and lots of people were pointing out what was happening with Brek at the time.

I'm not playing the odds, because, naturally, they are heavy in favor of not making it. My opinion is based on specifics, not odds.

If the mechanics aren't there, pure size and speed can only get you so far.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer14fanatic 12/17/2016, 11:04 pm

I'm interested in how you get called up for the team? Do you have a play pre academy or academy or odp to get exposure and get your names called up or something like that?

Soccer14fanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer14fanatic 12/17/2016, 11:09 pm

can someone please explain and help me understand

Soccer14fanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff 12/18/2016, 11:49 am

dfwsoccerdad wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:

?? Which of the two ?

I cannot put the kid's name out there but we have played him numerous times over the years and he really doesn't impress me.

Sad

Sho'Nuff
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dfwsoccerdad 12/19/2016, 11:59 pm

i think that kids are selected from DA showcases and the DA league games (possibly with a little politicking from coaches and/or clubs)

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 12/20/2016, 11:57 am

History shows that nearly all players selected are from DA teams except the occasional player at PSG, Ajax etc.

There are local "Training Centers" held around the country throughout the year. Dallas area has several a year. The majority of kids invited to those Training Centers come from the DA but not all. The Training Centers are a way to get a closer look at a wider pool (about 30 players per location and multiple locations so hundreds nationwide) of potential players for the eventual national team pool (about 35 players).

I am not exactly sure how invitation works but it is basically based on scouting during games and coach recommendations.

There is more info about the training centers at the following link.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/training-centers
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum