Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Boys ECNL vs DA Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Boys ECNL vs DA

+5
earbucket
Number13
Uncleof05AP
Sprint
Amkkba
9 posters

Go down

Boys ECNL vs DA Empty Boys ECNL vs DA

Post by Amkkba 5/11/2017, 12:49 pm

What are thoughts/opinions on the new boys ECNL versus the Development Academy? Good or bad?

Amkkba
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Boys ECNL vs DA Empty Re: Boys ECNL vs DA

Post by Sprint 5/11/2017, 12:54 pm

Amkkba wrote:What are thoughts/opinions on the new boys ECNL versus the Development Academy? Good or bad?

Boys ECNL has its work cut out for it on the boys side.  The DA is already established as the place for the top players ( yes, some of them are still in CL and other places because they don't want to make the DA commitment, but DA is the best league available).

I doubt ECNL will challenge DA for top players and will probably be a step below DA and maybe even under CLD1.  Will have to wait and see how many good players leave CL, dont' go to DA but instead go to ECNL.  With the national teams focusing mainly on DA in terms of scouting and the colleges doing the same, not sure of the motivation to play ECNL over CL.  CLD1 kids in premiere league, national league etc get attention from college coaches and play in some high profile events.  

Time will tell, but I doubt ECNL will have much, if any, effect on DA and potentially minimal effect on CL.

So far, I have not heard if Solar, DT and FCD will even have ECNL teams and if they don't the status of league will be lower.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 5/11/2017, 1:20 pm

I was talking to some Liverpool coaches, and they all believe ECNL will blow away DA.  In contrast, I was talking to some FCD, Texans, and Solar coaches, and they all believe DA will blow away ECNL.  I thought the differing perspectives was interesting.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 5/11/2017, 1:44 pm

People selling stuff tend to not be the most objective sources for information on the quality of what they are selling.

DA is hooked to the MLS.   And to the USSF.   Its hard to compete with that.   Who knows, it used to be ODP and whatever.   Things change.  I would guess in the future the big recruiting and big youth development avenues will align with whatever MLS academies decide to do.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 5/11/2017, 2:37 pm

I have some questions on boys ECNL.

What is the cost to play boys ECNL at Liverpool? How many games are played in a season? When does the season begin and finish? Will there only be one local team? If so, that seems like a lot of travel. Are the free showcases going to be integrated with Disney and Las Vegas? Or in the spirit of direct competition will they hold them during the same that the DA does and make the college coaches decide where to go?

Depending on the answers will determine how successful boys ECNL will be in this area.

If I understand correctly, ECNL will be in direct competition with US Youth Soccer's regional and national leagues too.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 5/11/2017, 6:13 pm

Funny how LP coaches say that ECNL will blow DA out of the water. LP has a hard time to even come up with a competitive D1 team. If ECNL was such a big deal then FCD/DT/Solar would had accepted the invite

FCD/DT/Solar all opt out to sit out this year. If they had accepted the invite it would had helped jump start the boys ECNL to the top. On paper it is just pretty much equivalent to DA. There are showcases and college scouts. What are the ultimate goal for each of these clubs? My guess would be to get as many kids into college Or Pro. It would had been a great option for kids who are better than D1 and want to play HS soccer. Now kids have to choose DA and No HS soccer or play D1 and HS soccer.
The wonderful world of NT soccer

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pwip 5/12/2017, 4:27 am

More talent in DA.

I just don't like the no HS soccer policy. The DA narrative is pro & youth national team path through ussda. You have max 46 FT rostered limit for U18 & U16 (maybe more). 3 NTX DA teams. Maybe 1% get pro contracts annually (FCD). Maybe 20+ kids get YNT callups. 15 to 18%. Those players, you can see it right away. The rest are D1/D2 scholarships level at best.

You may give up some eyeballs from college coaches in ECNL. If the scenario is you are good enough for a no club fee slot but a borderline D1 guy. I think we would choose the freedom of playing for his community & HS.

pwip
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 5/12/2017, 8:15 am

Lets start by stating that the purpose of DA and ECNL is to provide a developmental avenue for Pro and College prospects.

To me the argument isn't ECNL vs DA, its ECNL vs D1. IF there is a genuine need for current HS/D1 players to get more recruitment opportunities, then ECNL will potentially fill a market need. Honest question for those with HS age BB. What percentage of BBs playing D1/HS are legitimate college prospects but don't get the necessary exposure to get recruited by college programs under the existing structure? If there is a legitimate need, then ECNL has a chance of succeeding long term in NTX.

If there isn't a huge need, I think ECNL in NTX has a short shelf life if more area clubs don't join. Unless ECNL changes their criteria for membership, they are doomed if the big clubs don't join. In a related question...which clubs other than LP would be a viable candidate to join ECNL? Other than maybe Rush, I can't think of one. Please help me here...

Assuming ECNL provides that happy medium between DA and D1, with more opportunity and flexibility, I'm not sure I see value before U14/U15. Until HS is a consideration, its just an opportunity to spend more money with little return. I'd just as soon have BB play D1 and attend a travel tourney or 2 per year until college recruitment is an active consideration.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 5/12/2017, 9:29 am

I think this question will impact the viability of ECNL greatly too.  Will Liverpool ECNL boys have to foot the tab for coaching fees and D1, plus ECNL fees, plus league travel, plus showcase and national tournament travel and fees?  I could easily see that approaching $8k per year.  If not more.

If that's the case, a top D1 team that plays in a few showcase tourneys would seem to provide more bang for the buck.

Still, a DA-light approach (ECNL) might make sense for some kids.  If they can afford it.  

earbucket wrote:I have some questions on boys ECNL.

What is the cost to play boys ECNL at Liverpool?  How many games are played in a season?  When does the season begin and finish?  Will there only be one local team?  If so, that seems like a lot of travel.  Are the free showcases going to be integrated with Disney and Las Vegas?  Or in the spirit of direct competition will they hold them during the same that the DA does and make the college coaches decide where to go?

Depending on the answers will determine how successful boys ECNL will be in this area.  

If I understand correctly, ECNL will be in direct competition with US Youth Soccer's regional and national leagues too.  

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down