Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

No head ball rule for 07  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

No head ball rule for 07

+2
DR07B
soccer69
6 posters

Go down

No head ball rule for 07  Empty No head ball rule for 07

Post by soccer69 7/16/2017, 8:58 am

Has anyone heard if this rule is changing for this year that would allow 07s to now head. King tutt has allowed it and I must say the play has improved boys and girls who can do it are doing it well those that don't still don't and choose to use other options. It's been refreshing to watch no more high kicks forwards pushing the ball down field and running on to it vs high kicking at it. Defenders able to clear thru ball out of danger instead of ducking and running back to clear. The first several games it took a bit for the instinct to come back in situations that happened quickly and instincts kicked in. Planned head balls seemed easier to accomplish as they had time to plan for the header. Any information as to if 07s will be able to head for up coming season would be greatly appreciated.

soccer69
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

No head ball rule for 07  Empty Re: No head ball rule for 07

Post by DR07B 7/16/2017, 9:30 am

Will not be able to do headers for another year per US Soccer U11 and younger

King Tut allows it for this tourney.

Totally agree with the improved play by allowing them!

DR07B
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer69 7/16/2017, 11:03 am

Guess I was hoping that US Soccer would adjust after seeing this rule in place for awhile to allow headers once you turn U11 as it's considered COMPETATIVE. Kinda hard to be competative without headers.

soccer69
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mstov 7/17/2017, 11:17 pm

I saw a lot of incorrect heading like closing their eyes and heading off the top of their heads. Hope they re-incorporate heading so they will learn to head correctly.

mstov
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer69 7/18/2017, 8:43 am

Some of the head balls in games are muscle memory situations that happen so fast that you don't have time to think about it they just do it because that's what they have trained their body to do. Their instinct have to get back to making headers part of their muscle memory I think that will illiminate the closing of the eyes or talking of the tops of the heads on some of the stuff we saw this weekend. I'm surprised no one filed a law suit clamming that the new head ball rule has made it more dangerous for our kids. One high kick concussion to a kids head and you might see that.

soccer69
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mexico 7/18/2017, 9:06 am

I think the rule is needed. These boys clearly don't know the proper way to head the ball. Additionally they do not have the neck strength to do it properly and their brains are young and susceptible to trauma. Simply thinking this changes the game seems shortsighted to me. The rule is there to protect your child. Seems sad to me that you would care more about the game than your child's long term health. And let me be clear- I don't think this is about concussions. It is about CTE- caused by repeated head trauma often not severe enough to cause a concussion.

We simply need more science and studies done. US soccer is being conservative here and to me that seems the proper course.
Ron Mexico
Ron Mexico
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/18/2017, 9:43 am

US Soccer doesn't give a damn. They were just trying to protect themselves. Maybe helmets should be next. This hasn't been a problem with concussions/CTE in the "rest of the world" (read: Whole world) and their youth has been playing soccer for a lot longer than ours....(maybe our suburban kids are just softer?)lets compare the number of ex-professional soccer players with problems vs Football....give me a break. This is all about US Soccer protecting their ass against lawsuit happy US suburban parents.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 7/18/2017, 11:07 am

https://qz.com/910901/is-soccer-about-to-go-the-way-of-american-football-scientists-found-cte-and-alzheimers-in-soccer-pros-brains/

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/18/2017, 11:52 am

In that case, then we need to ban headers all together....This BS rule that 10 yr olds cant do it, but 12 yr olds can, is even more absurd.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 7/18/2017, 12:37 pm

For the record, I do not disagree with your sentiment as to why the USSF implemented the heading rules. Most likely, it was not merely for altruistic reasons, but even so, I cannot blame the USSF for covering its arse for the reasons you stated.

As to the reasoning in allowing it at twelve-years old but not ten-years old, mostly, as Michael Vick pointed out (a/k/a Ron Mexico) it is based on the neck strength and the development of the brain. This is especially true as to girls. If you Google "girls soccer heading," you will see that it really is a problem. In reality, based on data, the age probably should be moved to fourteen.

Now, despite the foregoing, I am not sure the rule is making the game safer. I am guessing that the USSF did not anticipate that high kicks would be supplemented for headers, which can be considerably more dangerous. I am shocked that I do not hear more stories of kids being severally injured because of a high kick on a corner kick.

Moreover, it appears that most referees do not fully know the rules. It is crazy when a player is rocketed with a ball in the head from two feet or while in a wall and the referee then rewards an indirect kick. An indirect kick should only be rewarded if the player deliberately heads the ball.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down