Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

QT Schedules Brackets Released Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

QT Schedules Brackets Released

+14
JogaBonitoTX
Seinfeld4
cruiser
DragonStryker
Ron Mexico
allen04
Uncleof05AP
just-a-dad
LLHowie
Socceropath
baller07
TayJ6
1soccermom247
FCD07 Mom
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

QT Schedules Brackets Released Empty QT Schedules Brackets Released

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/23/2017, 6:43 pm

https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=58704&Gender=Boys&Age=11

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

QT Schedules Brackets Released Empty Re: QT Schedules Brackets Released

Post by 1soccermom247 7/23/2017, 6:53 pm

Don't understand the brackets....we play 3 different teams that are not in our bracket?! confused
1soccermom247
1soccermom247
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/23/2017, 6:58 pm

Yes. Common Opponents for all 3 teams in your bracket.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soccermom247 7/23/2017, 7:18 pm

So why are they not just in our bracket? Why put 2 totally different teams
1soccermom247
1soccermom247
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 7/23/2017, 7:24 pm

This way the three teams are competing to earn points against the same 3 opponents. It is very fair.
Tie breaker is goals so keep scoring if your up, and goals could be huge in a loss!

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 7/23/2017, 7:35 pm

NOT A GOOD FORMAT. Easier option: play two teams in your group then one cross game. But Anyways.

This is how Classic League seeded the top 20 teams:
1 - FCD Academy
2 - Dallas Texans Dallas
3 - Dallas Texans Red
4 - Solar Mckinney
5 - Dallas Rush
6 - Allegiance
7 - Elite United
8 - Liverpool Owen
9 - Solar Kennington
10 - Rebels
11 - Solar Volkan
12 - Legends
13 - FC Dallas Youth
14 - Ayses
15 - ETX Wildcatters
16 - NTX Shirley
17 - FC Dallas Youth Blue
18 - Solar Martinez
19 - Rayos
20 - Garland Tigres

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/23/2017, 7:50 pm

not many surprises on the Top 20.
FCFast and potential FC DI Starts could have gotten a #1 seed in front of FC Leon.

But besides that, they basically followed YSR to a T.

The real tournament here is with seeds #15 to #20....any of those teams plus the #2s seeded teams in those brackets can make it in...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 7/24/2017, 9:04 am

Things that make you go hmmm?

1. Crossover format means that at least 10 #1 seeds will lose at least 1 game.

2. If a #1 seed fails to hold serve vs. a #2 or #3 seed, it puts the opposite #1 seed in a position of having to advance on goal differential. High potential for 2 3-0 teams in 1 bracket with only 1 advancing.

3. Why on earth are they not playing any games Friday night? With 8 fields, they could get in 16 to 24 games easy and reduce the number of multiple games played Saturday/Sunday.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/24/2017, 9:11 am

TayJ6 wrote:This way the three teams are competing to earn points against the same 3 opponents. It is very fair.
Tie breaker is goals so keep scoring if your up, and goals could be huge in a loss!

actually, it is not very fair. Here are the problems with this. 1-it punishes defensive teams. If you are a team that never loses cause you don't get scored on very often, but aren't a powerhouse goal scoring team, you win most games 1 or 2 to 0, you are at a disadvantage. A team whom you can beat head to head 9 out of 10 times will likely go ahead of you simply because they can score goals, not because they are better. 2- you can go through QT 3-0 and still not finish 1st. 3- it encourages coaches to not play the bench. Every goal and every point counts more than it normally would. So, why would a coach put in his weaker defenders even in a game they are winning 8-0? He can't afford to risk giving up a goal and losing the 1 point for the shut out. He also won't want to play the offensive players on the bench because he needs to score as many goals as possible to ensure they make it through. This is just a really bad format.

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 7/24/2017, 9:27 am

On the flip side of a team going 3-0 and not finishing first, you could have a team go 0-3 and still win first in their group and make D1.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 7/24/2017, 9:35 am

Fuzz- I think you are overanalyzing this. the top teams are probably going to route everyone else. Almost feel like this weekend will be a waste of time as you already know which teams will probably be in D1. As Socceroo stated, some between 15-20 can have a slip up (105 degree heat may affect some with worse conditioning), but you can pretty much pick who will make D1. real tournament is second weekend.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 7/24/2017, 10:15 am

Fuzz - it is fair because every team plays the exact same strength of schedule. When a bracket plays within itself, the 1 seed has a much easier strength of schedule because they don't have to play themselves. Every seed going down within a group plays a tougher strength of schedule because they don't play themselves.
In this format it is exactly the same for every team. All you have to do is go out and perform.
...Yes, if 2 teams go 3-0 and one has a better goal differential or scores more goals, then they deserve to move on. Also, the stronger defensive team may gain that extra shutout point that proves critical in the group points.

I'm not saying it's my favorite method, but it is ultimately fair. Especially in the bottom 10 groups, it might be all about how well you play the 1 seed from the crossover group. Goal differential can be crucial here! Also, when playing a weaker opponent, you can't let off. 3-0 might not be good enough if there is a tie. You might need 6-0 or more. Also 9-2 might be critical as compared to 7-0. Got to score goals.

There are still some good matchups.
Group J vs Group K puts Volkan vs Rebels as the 1 seeds. This could be an interesting game with consequences in both groups. These teams have never met.
Group I vs Group L has Kennington vs Legends, another 1v1 that could spell trouble.
Liverpool in Group H has been struggling to score and goals will be critical. They might have trouble in a system where they can't just beat the 2 seed to advance, they have to out score them.

I think the top bracket 1 seeds will walk through, but the middle brackets will have to work, and the bottom brackets are up for grabs. 1 bad beat can spell disaster.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/24/2017, 10:23 am

just-a-dad wrote:Fuzz- I think you are overanalyzing this.   the top teams are probably going to route everyone else.  Almost feel like this weekend will be a waste of time as you already know which teams will probably be in D1.   As Socceroo stated, some between 15-20 can have a slip up (105 degree heat may affect some with worse conditioning), but you can pretty much pick who will make D1. real tournament is second weekend.  

Maybe I am, maybe not.  Here's a scenario for you.  #1 seeded team goes 3-0. scores of    15-2, 25-1, 56-1.    They have 9ts, 9pts, 9pts for a total of 27 pts.  Another team in their group goes 3-0. scores of 3-0, 3-2, 3-2.   10 pts, 9pts, 9pts.  Total of 28 pts.     See what I'm saying.  #1 team "killed" everyone, but didn't make D1.  Silly system.  Means  coaches aren't going to play the bench.  Can't afford to risk it.  Just silly.   And to be fair, this scenario is more possible in the higher seeds because the other teams in the group also benefit from playing the weaker groups.  For example.  FCD Academy plays the weakest  group.  But so do the other 2 teams in their bracket.  Those other 2 teams actually benefit from being grouped with FCD.  Maybe I'm over analyzing, maybe not, but just seems silly to have no head to head.

Last edited by Fuzz on 7/24/2017, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/24/2017, 10:29 am

TayJ6 wrote:Fuzz - it is fair because every team plays the exact same strength of schedule. When a bracket plays within itself, the 1 seed has a much easier strength of schedule because they don't have to play themselves. Every seed going down within a group plays a tougher strength of schedule because they don't play themselves.  
In this format it is exactly the same for every team. All you have to do is go out and perform.
...Yes, if 2 teams go 3-0 and one has a better goal differential or scores  more goals, then they deserve to move on.  Also, the stronger defensive team may gain that extra shutout point that proves critical in the group points.

I'm not saying it's my favorite method, but it is ultimately fair. Especially in the bottom 10 groups, it might be all about how well you play the 1 seed from the crossover group. Goal differential can be crucial here! Also, when playing a weaker opponent, you can't let off. 3-0 might not be good enough if there is a tie. You might need 6-0 or more.  Also 9-2 might be critical as compared to 7-0.  Got to score goals.

There are still some good matchups.
Group J vs Group K puts Volkan vs Rebels as the 1 seeds. This could be an interesting game with consequences in both groups. These teams have never met.
Group I vs Group L has Kennington vs Legends, another 1v1 that could spell trouble.
Liverpool in Group H has been struggling to score and goals will be critical. They might have trouble in a system where they can't just beat the 2 seed to advance, they have to out score them.

I think the top bracket 1 seeds will walk through, but the middle brackets will have to work, and the bottom brackets are up for grabs.  1 bad beat can spell disaster.

It'll never be fair if it is based on a style of play. Since there is no head to head it is overly weighted on goal scoring, which comes down to a style of play. An Italy style team runs a risk of being left out simply because they value defense over offense. That's my point. If a better team is left out because of "style points", that is an unfair system. The only way to solve that is head to head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 7/24/2017, 10:38 am

Okay, worse case scenario is your team does not finish first in its bracket; thus, your team does not make D1 and has to play the following week for a D2 position.    Is this really the end of the world?    Will your child's playing career be over?  

I am not trying to be a jerk here.  Trust me, as others stated, it will work out.   The top ten teams will make it to D1.   This is really about teams 10-20 or 15-20.  This is the best system to make sure the best of those teams make it.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 7/24/2017, 10:39 am

I agree that it is better to play against each other than play common opponents, but I think there is just too many teams. the most ive heard of since my kids starting playing club. some teams have never played top level competition and are hoping to sneak by into classic. think the whole system is flawed. they probably need to make it a year long process where only teams playing in certain divisions (i.e. platinum and gold) can make tournament.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 7/24/2017, 10:57 am

3- it encourages coaches to not play the bench. wrote:

Qualifying tournaments by definition do this and to a degree Classic League as well.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 7/24/2017, 11:17 am

I totally agree too many teams have entered. QT should be capped at 50 but then again that goes against the whole spirit of the competition. I don't have an answer on this one...

That being said, the total number of accepted teams should go back to 30. The additional 10 teams is purely a money grab by Classic and only serves to water down the product on the field.

I would speculate that reducing the accepted teams back to 30 would organically scale back the number of teams trying to qualify.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 7/24/2017, 11:39 am

I don't think that the tactics of a defensive team put them at much of a disadvantage in this format. The tie breaker is goal differential. You can affect this from both sides of the equation. Exploit the weaker competition and hold the hard line against the stronger competition.
Otherwise, play D2 and earn your way to D1 with wins. If you are hoping for D2, then spend a year in PPL learning how to score goals from your defensive position and try again next year.

Fuzz - your scenario is highly unlikely, but they know the way it is being scored, so if that happens then they earned it. Plus, the "other" 2 teams in group A are seeded 20 spots lower than 2 of the teams in Group T so they are really not benefiting at all by being in the group other than getting to play the 60 seed. In the 20 group format, A is 1,40,41 and T is 20,21,60. "Highly unlikely" is an understatement on my part, but I get your point. At least this way they have a chance. If group A played straight up it would be far less fair.

Just play the games the best you can and see what happens.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mexico 7/24/2017, 11:55 am

You guys need to step back and take a breath. Perhaps 2-3teams in too 20 won't qualify. And they will deserve it by losing a game they should have won. It's put up or shut up. If your boys show up flat then they get what they earn on the pitch that simple. Remember though this league is about 40 teams. I said it before and reiterate it here- the better competition is the second weekend.

The extra teams (large group) has zero effect on top 20- unless you are a pretender. It's a fair system. This crying about it favoring offense teams is lame. Go win games. Your not in a bracket with another top team. One good- one middle - one bad. If ur a good team and a middle teamout qualifies guess what- you ain't that good.
Ron Mexico
Ron Mexico
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/24/2017, 12:03 pm

A team qualifying over another in the same bracket without even the opportunity to play head to head is kind of comical.

Volkan beats Rebels, Liverpool Carragher need only beat Texans South and AAOS Acosta and outpoint the Rebels to advance. Rebels beat Volkan, Texans South need only beat Liverpool Carragher and FCD Black and outpoint Volkan to advance. One of those could very easily happen.

Both are comical outcomes because Volkan/Rebels beat those teams 10 out of 10 times.

Several other examples similar to this exist. Lower seeds should be jumping for joy at this set-up.

Inherently unfair to ignore head to head games.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 7/24/2017, 12:11 pm

Ron Mexico wrote: Your not in a bracket with another top team. One good- one middle - one bad. If ur a good team and a middle teamout qualifies guess what- you ain't that good.

Agree with you. But on the higher seeds (17.18, 19, 20), the middle teams are not bad...they are 21,22, 23,24...It is pretty even.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 7/24/2017, 12:24 pm

best lesson of all of this is that life is not fair. teaches kids to understand that you are given a set of rules or cards and you must play them. if you don't win now, fight harder to win next time. parents need to not switch teams or quit because their kids didn't make league they wanted

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 7/24/2017, 12:31 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
Volkan beats Rebels, Liverpool Carragher need only beat Texans South and AAOS Acosta and outpoint the Rebels to advance. Rebels beat Volkan, Texans South need only beat Liverpool Carragher and FCD Black and outpoint Volkan to advance. One of those could very easily happen.

Both are comical outcomes because Volkan/Rebels beat those teams 10 out of 10 times.

A lot of this scenario all happens on Sunday to close out the group. It may be a moot point by then, or a huge set of simultaneous games for these teams.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser 7/24/2017, 12:33 pm

Agree with Stryker and Roo...lots of scenarios where the advantage of earning a high seed has been largely neutralized - certainly as you move out of top 1-5 seeds. Seems like setup has been overly complicated with the crossover approach and avoiding head to head matchups. In terms of fair - if you're competing with x other teams for a single spot - seems like the fairest way is to simply play those teams.

could have been solved by simply playing your own bracket - and/or even playing an extra game (or two) if necessary.

cruiser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next