Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Labor Day Tournaments Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Labor Day Tournaments

+26
melabrew
07D1player
BigDaddy5
CSTinDFW
dcsol10
JogaBonitoTX
No_Surprise_Here
thebirdstheword
Solar5555
takinumbers
Solar 07B
DTSOUTHB
Bears
Socceropath
bueler13
DragonStryker
07 boys soccer
That Guy
Soccerboymom
fcwhatever
davito
just-a-dad
baller07
FCD07 Mom
Dallassoccerdad
soccerfan0522
30 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Labor Day Tournaments Empty Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Guest 8/17/2017, 4:20 pm

Looks like we have a decent split between the two tournaments.  Just listing the teams I think will play Gold division.

Plano:

AYSES Gold
DT Dallas
FCD ETX
FCD Youth
Liverpool Owen
NTX Celtic
Solar Volkan
TSC

Not sure on the Houston or other Oklahoma teams

U90c:

Rush
DT South
Fever
Solar Kennington
FCD Academy

It will be interesting when both these schedules come out.   I'm picking FCD Academy to win U90c.    Not sure on the Plano one.  I guess rankings would go with DT Dallas, but those out of area teams could be a big wildcard.  Will be fun to watch though. On a side note, we could have ourselves another LP vs FCD Youth match up. This could get very interesting depending on what happens next weekend.

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Tournaments Empty Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Guest 8/17/2017, 7:58 pm

Looks like Allegiance was just added to U90c.

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/18/2017, 1:18 pm

Solar McKinney added to U90c as well. Shaping up nicely. Likely gold division (seeded in order)

FCD Academy
Solar McKinney
FC Wichita
Rush
Allegiance
Solar Kennington
Fever
DT South

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan0522 8/28/2017, 8:49 pm

Looks like Rebels and Ayses has joined as well so if I'm looking at this correctly it looks like half of Division 1 is in this tournament. Anyone know when schedules come out?

soccerfan0522
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan0522 8/28/2017, 8:54 pm

Actually Ayses shoes to be an 08 team so only Rebels were added to list.

soccerfan0522
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 8/28/2017, 8:56 pm

U90c ended up with better draw:

https://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=58724

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan0522 8/28/2017, 9:03 pm

Guess Rebels ended up backing out and it looks like Texans South are in the Silver Division. Looks like a few good games this weekend though so looking forward to it.

soccerfan0522
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 8/28/2017, 9:48 pm

07 boys soccer wrote:U90c ended up with better draw:

https://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=58724

It looks pretty even to me

3 of the top 5 in region 3, according to YSR, are doing Plano and only 1 of the top 5 FC Dallas Academy are doing the u90.

Include the top 10 and it evens out with 3 for each tourney with addition of Rush technically in D2, and Solars top team Mckinney who doesn't seem to be playing at the top of their game recently.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 8/28/2017, 10:07 pm

I was just going by YSR rankings and looking at top 15, u90c:
#1,4,5,9,10,11 and #1 team out of Kansas

Plano:
#2,3,7,8,13

Pretty even, u90 c has 3 of top 5 vs. 2 for PLD and 5 of top 10 vs. 4 for PLD.  My point was not to diss any of the PLD teams, just surprised PLD has fallen off so much, PLD used to own Labor Day in north Texas and U90c seems to have done a great job carving a piece of a weekend that used to be a monopoly.  Great teams in both tourneys.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 8/28/2017, 10:19 pm

I didn't take it as a diss to those teams in plano in fact I was honestly hoping the completion in the u90 would be better and not so split between the 2. I don't care about wins for my kid, I care about him getting better by playing against better. I was just thinking it was more even than your comment gave it. I think you are overlooking those TSC teams from Oklahoma, one of who can hang with FC Dallas which is why I clarified region 3 not north Texas.

Either way lets hope Harvey doesn't ruin the weekend

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/28/2017, 11:28 pm

The TOP Oklahoma team that won the Beat the Heat Gold Division tournament last weekend could not beat Solar's 3rd or 4th team in Solar Martinez. They tied 3 x 3. I was told by a Martinez parent that Solar dominated and OK Energy tied in the last few minutes...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 8/29/2017, 8:36 am

Not sure where you got OK Energy from as I was speaking of the TSC hurricanes which YSR has currently ranked #2 behind FC Dallas in our region and 1 in OK and 15 in the nation.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/29/2017, 9:50 am

I see.....Are you sure it is the D team TSC team? There are several of them. 2 of them were in the tournament (Silver and Bronze divisions) they have different letters assigned to them...M, R, D, etc....The TSC Gold team was in the Silver division in the Beat the Heat tournament....

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=59954&ApplicationID=4198101

GotSoccer has them ranked #15 national. But yes, if it is the D team, that is a good team. They destroyed Allegiance a few months ago...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/29/2017, 9:54 am

TSC  D and R are both in Plano Gold.  There is a TSC 08 team in u90C.

TSC D did well in Supercopa, only losing to eventual champion 2-3.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=665751&History=yes&compact=

Last edited by RecMom on 8/29/2017, 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 8/29/2017, 9:57 am

The D and the R teams are in Plano according to the bracket.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=59863&GroupID=634527&Gender=Boys&Age=11

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/29/2017, 10:02 am

The D team is the real deal....the others ones arent even close...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 8/30/2017, 11:29 am

LABOR DAY SHOW PREDICTIONS

U90C -
Great Competition, tough groups, exciting games.

Group A                          
Allegiance                        
FCD Academy                  
OKC Energy                      
Solar McKinney  

Group B
Dallas Rush
ETX Wildcatters
FC Wichita
Solar Kennington

Two teams advance from each group.

GROUP A
1 - FCD Academy - wins every game by a blow out.

2 - Mckinney/Allegiance?? Winner of their match up gets 2nd place.
Mckinney won their first match up, Allegiance won the second. Who wins the 3rd?? Both teams not looking very sharp.

GROUP B
1 - Dallas Rush - Wins the Group

2 - Kennington/FC Whichita???? - Winner of their match up gets 2nd place. Kennington 2-1.

FCD vs Rush in the final. FC Dallas wins 3-0

Plano Labor Day Schedule???? TSC D Carreno Wins it all.

Last edited by baller07 on 8/30/2017, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/30/2017, 11:57 am

I'm a little surprised by the two D1 teams in U90C that are playing in the Silver division. Aren't they basically admitting they don't belong in D1 by doing this?

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 8/30/2017, 12:33 pm

RecMom wrote:I'm a little surprised by the two D1 teams in U90C that are playing in the Silver division.  Aren't they basically admitting they don't belong in D1 by doing this?  

The coaches made a smart and honest decision!

Fever United - Good team, but would like lose every game badly against the opponents in the gold division.

Texans South - Would get blown out.

Elite United - Not sure why they're playing in the 06 silver division. Although they've been very inconsistent lately.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/30/2017, 12:45 pm

I wouldn't say it is smart. If that's the case, then under the same rationale they shouldn't have tried to qualify for D1. Fever should win the Silver easily. Sandbagging. If they are afraid of losing a lowly tournament and getting blown out then they shouldn't be playing D1. Fever only lost to the #3 ranked team 2-1 and 3-1 the last two times they played. I wouldn't call that getting blown out. Elite playing up makes sense, get a challenge. Who cares if you get blown out, play the teams you are going to play all year long and work on getting better against those teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/30/2017, 12:55 pm

Labor Day predictions:
U90C
Bracket A advancing - FCD Academy, Solar McKinney
Bracket B advancing - Rush, Solar Kennington

Finals - Rush, FCD Academy
Winner - FCD Academy

***Rush will be playing with a lot to prove which they will ride to Finals but I don't think its enough to overcome FCD in the end.

Plano
Bracket A: TXN Dallas, LP Owen, Celtic, TSC Hurricane (b squad)
Bracket B:  TXN Red, FCD Youth, Solar Volkan
Bracket C:  TSC Hurricane, Ayses, FCD ETX

8 of 10 advance - all but FCD Youth and TSC Hurricane-B

Semi's - TXN Dallas, Ayses, TXN Red, TSC
Finals-TXN Dallas, TSC
Winner- TSC in pk's

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/30/2017, 1:14 pm

RecMom wrote:I wouldn't say it is smart.  If that's the case, then under the same rationale they shouldn't have tried to qualify for D1.  Fever should win the Silver easily.  Sandbagging.  If they are afraid of losing a lowly tournament and getting blown out then they shouldn't be playing D1.  Fever only lost to the #3 ranked team 2-1 and 3-1 the last two times they played.  I wouldn't call that getting blown out.  Elite playing up makes sense, get a challenge.  Who cares if you get blown out, play the teams you are going to play all year long and work on getting better against those teams.

60 Teams tried to qualify for D1, it doesn't mean they all believe themselves to be Gold level.  Fever is an interesting case I grant you, they typically played Gold in tourneys over the past year but I don't remember them having much success.  They will be favored to win in only 4-5 Classic games this year, may be a calculated decision by the coach to give the kids some confidence.  DT South on the other hand isn't a Gold team...no offense.  They've never played Gold in League or Tourney since before AP split.  Qualifying D1 was as much a function of flawed QT seeding/setup as their play on the field.  Not to take anything away from them.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/30/2017, 1:26 pm

doesn't matter. Then you shouldn't have tried to make D1. I get you had to attempt D1 in order to get a shot at D2, but you can easily NOT qualify for D1 if that is your concern. Plus, DT South only lost to Rebel 2-3. I just don't see how playing the lower level helps you develop into the team you are wanting to be. I would rather my son's team loses 5-0 in gold than win 2-0 in silver. Confidence is a farce in this situation. Kids know who they are playing and what level. They may feel good about themselves for winning a Silver tournament, but then next Classic league game is one week after that. Do you really think they are going to take that confidence with them knowing they are no longer playing silver. I just don't understand it. I wouldn't want my son playing for a coach like that. You get better by playing better competition, not by playing lower competition. DTS may not deserve to be D1, but they will be better off at the end of the year for it. Remember, its not about winning, its about player development.

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/30/2017, 2:19 pm

I've gone on record saying I'd rather be at the top of D2 than the bottom of D1. Its a pretty miserable year to win 1-2 games. Hard to convince a 9-10yr old that his development is worth the misery. The number of teams that survive relegation intact is little to none. Your argument sounds good on paper but its not at all realistic (just like communism). 90% of the game is above their shoulders. My son has been on a team that went through a downward spiral. Each week they worked hard in practice but performed worse and worse in the games. They found a way to lose games vs far inferior competition. It felt like the twilight zone watching from the sidelines. It was all in their heads and took months to recover from. They literally had to start over, hit the reset button and go back to basics.

I honestly have no idea what either coaches' agendas are regarding this tourney, but I'm open to the idea that they think its the best thing for their respective teams.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 8/30/2017, 3:10 pm

Development=practice and Game=what you learned in practice and using it. If you are not learning anything in practice then it will not develop into game play which means you' e paying your coach for nothing.  Your team develops better by playing a comparable team. A 2-0 is comparable teams playing each other and it is normally tight game that who knows what happened within the game, but the stress from a tight game is better.  My son's team (Dallas Rush) will hold possession and out shoot most teams we play but will lose 2-0 or 3-2 because sometimes that is how soccer goes. Doesn't mean we are a bad team or shouldn't be in classic league 1 it just means it happened.  So in relation to playing gold or silver, success is sometimes better if it is close games then blow outs.  Getting blown out does not develop your team, more likely it will hurt them because mentally they begin to develop a losers mentality.  With that being said if you are blowing teams out in silver then yes that ='s no development because there is not a challenge.  Challenge to improve but you have to succeed sometimes within the challenge.  Fever has two teams and they could be combining them because people out of town, hurt , etc...  Development=practice Game=Fun (should always be fun, blow outs are not fun)

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next