Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Ruh Roh Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Ruh Roh

+6
04Soccerdad
nearpost95
DblDown
goscore!
MurderWasTheCase
dfwsoccerdad
10 posters

Go down

Ruh Roh Empty Ruh Roh

Post by dfwsoccerdad 4/8/2018, 1:56 pm

removed

Last edited by dfwsoccerdad on 4/11/2018, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some are upset)

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Ruh Roh Empty Re: Ruh Roh

Post by MurderWasTheCase 4/8/2018, 3:12 pm

Its not a coincidence, especially vs Texans. Google search Hassan and Bradford and view the results for yourself.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 4/8/2018, 3:48 pm

From the angle of the video it's hard to be certain, but it looks like it was a goal to me. The ball bounces back...

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dfwsoccerdad 4/8/2018, 4:41 pm

goscore! wrote:From the angle of the video it's hard to be certain, but it looks like it was a goal to me. The ball bounces back...

nope. the ball hit the bar flush and the first bounce was several yards out in the box. i think that it is a physical impossibility to hit the bar like that have it go all the way across the line and then bounce away from the bar.

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/8/2018, 5:21 pm

The video provided is far from the best evidence to make a goal/no goal call...but I pulled the video and went frame by frame...it definitely didn’t hit the ground several yards in front of the goal. It hits the bottom half of the cross bar and it is either partially over the goal line or completely over the line when it bounces.

I know it’s not what you want to hear.

Again the angle of the video makes it impossible to call a goal (it needs to be higher), but the ball lands behind the front of the goal posts, for sure.

Last edited by DblDown on 4/8/2018, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/8/2018, 5:29 pm

Ruh Roh Ab2ac310

The moment it hits the crossbar...

Ruh Roh 20624310

The moment it touches the ground...

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/8/2018, 6:13 pm

But to answer your question, no. All referee decisions are considered final.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dfwsoccerdad 4/8/2018, 7:31 pm

DblDown wrote:Ruh Roh Ab2ac310

The moment it hits the crossbar...

Ruh Roh 20624310

The moment it touches the ground...

the funny thing is the AR had almost the same view as I did. he was way out of position. the play continued after the ball hit the crossbar with no celebration. the fcd kids went after the ball until the GK secured it. the AR then got the Center Refs attention. on several earlier occasions in the game, the AR got the Center Refs attention and was rebuffed but not on this critical one.

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/9/2018, 8:51 am

if you observe the angle at which the ball rebounds/deflects from under the crossbar, and if you look closely you can see a backspin (look at markings) on the ball. it is plausible that the ball hit the ground behind the goal line and spun out.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad 4/9/2018, 10:06 am

The rule states that the ball must completely cross the line for it to be a goal.  I can't see the line in the video, I have no idea where the AR is positioned in this.  

Two things I do notice in the video.  First is the angle the ball hit the crossbar and second, the backspin on the ball.  It is possible at that angle the ball landed inside the goal and spun out.  Again, I can't see the line so I couldn't tell you for sure.

The AR's signal to the referee in any goal is to simply make eye contact and then run up the line towards the center.  Sometimes, the referee doesn't notice this because most goals are very obvious.  This means the AR will have to get his attention which can be slow.

You also mentioned the AR signaled the ref before in other calls but the referee disregarded the call.  The AR did his job but the referee has to determine if there was an advantage in the foul.  Most times there is not an advantage so the play goes on.  If every violation was called in every game, it would be a painfully slow game!  I've seen those and a game never really gets going.

Keep in mind, the referee will not make a call if he did not clearly see it.  That's why you have parents screaming on the sidelines about fouls the referee didn't call.

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/9/2018, 10:10 am

I agree completely as far as that’s what it looks like.
In that situation, the ref is supposed to defer to the linesman for the call...but if the linesman is out of position it is a really tough call to make with confidence.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 4/9/2018, 11:23 am

When has being out of position ever stopped a linesman from making a call?
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/9/2018, 11:30 am

04Soccerdad wrote:

The AR's signal to the referee in any goal is to simply make eye contact and then run up the line towards the center.  Sometimes, the referee doesn't notice this because most goals are very obvious.  This means the AR will have to get his attention which can be slow.

almost... if the ball crosses the goal line and quickly comes back into play, the AR is to raise his flag, make eye contact with the referee (wait as long it takes), then sprint up the line.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 4/9/2018, 12:02 pm

dfwsoccerdad wrote:AR Juan Hernandez thought that this was the game-winning goal despite the fact that he was about 20 yards off the end line. He called this a goal despite the fact that none of the FCD players even thought it was a goal and the center ref didn't think it was a goal. Is it a coincidence that this usually happens against FCD?

Whenever you play FCD weird stuff like this happens....its a mystery
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 4/9/2018, 12:05 pm

04Soccerdad wrote:The rule states that the ball must completely cross the line for it to be a goal.  I can't see the line in the video, I have no idea where the AR is positioned in this.  

Two things I do notice in the video.  First is the angle the ball hit the crossbar and second, the backspin on the ball.  It is possible at that angle the ball landed inside the goal and spun out.  Again, I can't see the line so I couldn't tell you for sure.

You also mentioned the AR signaled the ref before in other calls but the referee disregarded the call.  The AR did his job but the referee has to determine if there was an advantage in the foul.  Most times there is not an advantage so the play goes on.  If every violation was called in every game, it would be a painfully slow game!  I've seen those and a game never really gets going.  

Keep in mind, the referee will not make a call if he did not clearly see it.  That's why you have parents screaming on the sidelines about fouls the referee didn't call.

These refs are referred to as inept refs which Classic is full of.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/9/2018, 12:06 pm

DblDown wrote:I agree completely as far as that’s what it looks like.
In that situation, the ref is supposed to defer to the linesman for the call...but if the linesman is out of position it is a really tough call to make with confidence.

in the video, it appears that the second to last defender is near the top of the 6 yard box. the AR's position should be level with him. as the shot is taken, the AR is supposed to follow the ball to the goal, but as we all know, a human cannot out sprint a driven ball, especially at fairly close range. this is why some professional leagues have added goal line officials or implemented goal line technology.

ideally, the AR would be looking down the goal line. Depending on the location of the ball, an AR may be able to determine whether a goal was scored even if a couple of steps off the goal line. if the AR cannot determine that the ball was completely over the line, he is to allow play to continue. if the referee awarded the goal, then it was because the AR was satisfied.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 4/10/2018, 8:49 am

nearpost95 wrote:
DblDown wrote:I agree completely as far as that’s what it looks like.

in the video, it appears that the second to last defender is near the top of the 6 yard box.  the AR's position should be level with him.  as the shot is taken, the AR is supposed to follow the ball to the goal, but as we all know, a human  cannot out sprint a driven ball, especially at fairly close range.  this is why some professional leagues have added goal line officials or implemented goal line technology.

ideally, the AR would be looking down the goal line.  Depending on the location of the ball, an AR may be able to determine whether a goal was scored even if a couple of steps off the goal line. if the AR cannot determine that the ball was completely over the line, he is to allow play to continue. if the referee awarded the goal, then it was because the AR was satisfied.

Of course none of this means the AR was correct.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dfwsoccerdad 4/10/2018, 5:32 pm

the gk swears that the first bounce was outside the goal. an fcd kid tried to follow up and he landed on the gk. showing great sportsmanship, he helped up the gk and said "sorry man but that was not a goal". the gk is demanding goal line technology.

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/10/2018, 7:43 pm

It’s a tough situation all around..but if you watch the video, there is no way the gk saw the first bounce...he probably saw the second bounce Smile

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 4/11/2018, 12:03 pm

What I like is the foul in the box that occurs while the keeper is securing the ball.

ProDallas
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice Ball 4/11/2018, 1:51 pm

Looks like this post was removed.

NO GOAL!!!!
Laughing

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/11/2018, 4:32 pm

I hope no one was offended. We gave honest input without jumping on anyone. I have no dog in this fight, but completely understand the frustrations leading up to and including this incident. Personally, my guy says it was probably a goal, but I wasn’t there.

We’ve been on all sides of this call in the past and it’s a tough one to swallow when it doesn’t go your way because you feel the subjectivity in the call or no call.

Most calls are never as obvious as each side thinks.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum