Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions?

4 posters

Go down

4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions? Empty 4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions?

Post by longview 4/14/2018, 7:51 am

Today - Rebels v DT Salazar
Tomorrow - DT Salazar v LP Owen, FCD Academy v Rebels
Next Sat - DT Salazar v FCD Academy

All 3 teams have a path to the title, and it's awesome that it pretty much comes down to head to head (plus a chance for LP to play spoiler).

Who ya got?

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions? Empty Re: 4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions?

Post by TX_Soccer 4/14/2018, 8:36 am

I think it will certainly come down to the Rebels v FCD Academy matchup next week. I don't believe DT Salazar can beat either of those groups, and will likely finish 4/5th place. I believe FCD Academy will win a tight game with Rebels to take the championship.

TX_Soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions? Empty Re: 4 Games left to decide the CL D1 Title - Predictions?

Post by DblDown 4/14/2018, 12:12 pm

They play tomorrow...

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/14/2018, 12:52 pm

Rebels vs FCD, that is.
Next week is DT Salazar vs FCD.

It is a very dynamic ending to the season. Should be exciting to see how it plays out!

It’s pretty crazy that 3 teams control their own destinies. If any of the 3 win out, they take it.

DT Salazar has had the advantage of games in hand for quite a while, but now I think it’s a disadvantage that they have to win 3 tough games to take the lead, the other 2 only have to win 2 games.

If I had to pick, I would go with FCD. The other 2 teams play such a similar style. If FCD can win 1, they probably win both.
But if FCD gives Rebels too much space they will fire at will...crazy things can happen when shots are on frame.

The game next week could be for everything, or for nothing depending on tomorrow’s matchup between FCD and Rebels.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 4/14/2018, 5:16 pm

1 down 3 to go - Rebels hold serve and turn it into a 2 horse race. FCD wins 2 and they take it, otherwise Rebels take it.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 4/14/2018, 9:37 pm

Alternatively, if Rebels win or tie their next game, they take it.   I just found your wording (focusing on how FC Dallas can win it) interesting.   I do not have a dog in the fight, but from the perspecitve of an outsider, it would be quite an accomplishment for the Rebels to win it.   Specifically, you would have an independent team beating what is in essence the DA teams for the big three next year.   In fact, even if they come in second, it would be a great accomplishment.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 4/14/2018, 10:23 pm

Completely agree - easier to type "FCD wins 2 and they take it" than "Rebels win 2 or win 1 and tie 1 and they take it". No bias intended.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 4/15/2018, 9:39 am

I thought the “otherwise Rebels take it.” covered all of the other possible scenarios. It made sense to me.

And what the Rebels have done is already a great accomplishment!

The most interesting thing to me is what is this team going to look like next season...new faces? New uniforms for some or all? Will DA entice some players, or are we looking at DT South DA as a whole?
Very exciting stuff to see what they do.
Nothing wrong with them staying together and coming back to defend their accomplishment next year with no changes at all! They’ve earned themselves some new opportunities, but also earned the right to do whatever they want! Obviously they are doing some good things over there.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TX_Soccer 4/15/2018, 6:29 pm

Wanted to be the first to say CONGRATS to the Rebels on their U11 D1 Classic League Championship.

Against the odds, they pulled off the upset against some great teams. Well deserved title. Job well done to the coaches, parents (who were very classy), and of-course the kids. Kudos.

TX_Soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 4/15/2018, 7:24 pm

You beat me to it TX_Soccer. Congrats to Dallas Rebels for winning the league!

Great match today between DRS and FCD. Both teams hit multiple posts, so plenty of chances to find the winner that didn't come. DRS played a very high-energy press while FCD tried to work the ball, and FCD worked hard to stymie the DRS direct approach. Before anyone thinks I'm criticizing I'm not - it was a very intense match of two different styles, but two effective styles. The DRS goal was from distance, couldn't have been hand placed any better, nothing FCD GK could do. FCD goal was very late, finally getting rewarded for efforts - shot parried by DRS GK and cleaned up by FCD. Refs did a decent job, players decided the game.

So Salazar v Gall for 2nd place next week.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down