Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96' BANTER - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96' BANTER

+17
Maradona
scoregazam
prettymuneca
starbuck
soccerkraut
34blast
hammer's dad
DragonStryker
my2cents
Keeperdad96
off_the_woodwork
Keeper96
soccerdad1
FlatBack4
soccermom040
camjr
CH1
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

96' BANTER - Page 3 Empty Re: 96' BANTER

Post by off_the_woodwork 7/6/2012, 10:39 pm

my2cents wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:Congrats to DTR for clinching the Grand Champion spot today. Very impressive that this virtually new team won it. I think this team will just get stronger next year as boys look for more exposure to college coaches that DT can give them. TFC made a good run and so did DTRS.

So long to Tejanos and Andro Red. I wonder if those teams will stay together or implode. Welcome to D1 Amarillo Lightning and FCD Youth (fka Red West). Great to see that Coach Che's team is getting shot at D1. They have paid their dues many years in D2.

It was a fun season to watch pan out, especially with so many changes in this age group because of DA.

FCD youth blew up the team and released many key contributors to make room for FCD premier players that were cut to allow Dymond to bring back his boys to the new 'premier' team. Probable damage to both squads.

Back from where ?

A few from Dymond's team from 2010-11 were playing up last year on the 95 Premier team, a few had gone to other 96 D1 teams, and several were playing academy. I have heard most of that team is now back, with a few other good pieces added. Yes most of last season's 5th place FCD Premier team was released and many of those ended up on Che's team, and so the domino's fall. I disagree with the "damage to both squads" comment though, as both squads are now more talented then last year. Some hard feelings? Sure, but that's life in D1. I imagine there were some cuts in Solar also with half of Odyssey coming over.

Also heard a few from last season's Premier and FCDY teams went to FCD Central D2 (ex-Comets), which should help them as well. And is it really true that some of the D1 American Eagles have defected to the Tejano's? Would like to hear a little more about that.... Shocked

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/6/2012, 10:51 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:
my2cents wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:Congrats to DTR for clinching the Grand Champion spot today. Very impressive that this virtually new team won it. I think this team will just get stronger next year as boys look for more exposure to college coaches that DT can give them. TFC made a good run and so did DTRS.

So long to Tejanos and Andro Red. I wonder if those teams will stay together or implode. Welcome to D1 Amarillo Lightning and FCD Youth (fka Red West). Great to see that Coach Che's team is getting shot at D1. They have paid their dues many years in D2.

It was a fun season to watch pan out, especially with so many changes in this age group because of DA.

FCD youth blew up the team and released many key contributors to make room for FCD premier players that were cut to allow Dymond to bring back his boys to the new 'premier' team. Probable damage to both squads.

Back from where ?

A few from Dymond's team from 2010-11 were playing up last year on the 95 Premier team, a few had gone to other 96 D1 teams, and several were playing academy. I have heard most of that team is now back, with a few other good pieces added. Yes most of last season's 5th place FCD Premier team was released and many of those ended up on Che's team, and so the domino's fall. I disagree with the "damage to both squads" comment though, as both squads are now more talented then last year. Some hard feelings? Sure, but that's life in D1. I imagine there were some cuts in Solar also with half of Odyssey coming over.

Also heard a few from last season's Premier and FCDY teams went to FCD Central D2 (ex-Comets), which should help them as well. And is it really true that some of the D1 American Eagles have defected to the Tejano's? Would like to hear a little more about that.... Shocked

Solar's squad looks quite strong based on the roster posted on GotSoccer. Only truly strong player missing from their end of season squad looks to have been added to Max's Solar 95b Red squad. I will be surprised if this team isn't contending with FCD Premier (if the rumors of this team being reconstituted and much stronger are true) and DTR for top honors next season. They look very strong on paper. Only question will be one of chemistry. The games against Odyssey last year were fairly ugly with the Odyssey parents yelling some pretty derogatory stuff at the Solar boys (I recall hearing white trash comments from more than a few of them directed at Solars defensive unit). Doubtful any of those parents made the jump to Solar but it's definitely interesting to say the least. I suspect chemistry or lack thereof will determine how successful this team will be.

I too have heard the rumors about the Tejanos and question the logic if they are true. Haven't had a chance to speak with individuals I know on who's kids played on AE last season so don't have any first hand knowledge as yet. But seems insane to step down to D2 onto a team that looks to be advertising that they'll be playing a pretty weak tournament schedule during their u17 year which is a key year for college recruitment. Especially a team that spectacularly imploded last season and is having to completely rebuild their squad Surprising to say the least, no matter how good the coach might be.

Have heard nothing about Odyssey, though some simple internet searches do turn up some interesting connections to another team. I leave that rumor to play out before saying more.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 7/7/2012, 7:55 am

Its interesting to read this thread and how so many say there are soooo many factors in determining whether or not to be on a D1 team. Lots of folks believe the development and much more playing time (add good coaching) are extremely important. Yet there is a question to anyone willingly leaving a D1 team and again this year the D1 rosters are packed with bench sitters. Hhhhmmm. Not going to get into too many specifics (since its not my story to tell) but I can tell you 2 boys from AE went to D2 95 teams, another is not playing at all anymore, and another went to another 96 team in D2. There may have been more I really dont know. The rest may have stayed-I dont know. Also...as far as where Ody boys went...true, some went over to the Solar camp but you might wanna look the Texans way...1, no 2, wait 3....went that way....

Its hard to see into a family/boys plan from the outside and understand what is going on. The list of things impacting ones decision is almost endless. As an example, my BB is in the top 1% of his class (over 500 kids, and no, I have no idea how that happened--note to self--I better talk to the wife about that!). The colleges are calling like crazy. He probably won't play for Arsenal. So the balance of academics, soccer, and oh yea the social life of a teen, is an important part of his long term plans as well as his life right NOW. Take a D1 academic scholarship? Take a D2 combo academic/soccer scholarship? What about all these NAIA schools calling? Maybe a D3 school...they offer academics scholarships but can't offer a soccer one--don't need the soccer one with a big academic one...So many options, combinations.

Here is hoping each one of you find what fits for you and much success and enjoyment.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/7/2012, 9:00 am

DragonStryker wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:
my2cents wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:

Back from where ?

Solar's squad looks quite strong based on the roster posted on GotSoccer. Only truly strong player missing from their end of season squad looks to have been added to Max's Solar 95b Red squad. I will be surprised if this team isn't contending with FCD Premier (if the rumors of this team being reconstituted and much stronger are true) and DTR for top honors next season. They look very strong on paper. Only question will be one of chemistry. The games against Odyssey last year were fairly ugly with the Odyssey parents yelling some pretty derogatory stuff at the Solar boys (I recall hearing white trash comments from more than a few of them directed at Solars defensive unit). Doubtful any of those parents made the jump to Solar but it's definitely interesting to say the least. I suspect chemistry or lack thereof will determine how successful this team will be.

I too have heard the rumors about the Tejanos and question the logic if they are true. Haven't had a chance to speak with individuals I know on who's kids played on AE last season so don't have any first hand knowledge as yet. But seems insane to step down to D2 onto a team that looks to be advertising that they'll be playing a pretty weak tournament schedule during their u17 year which is a key year for college recruitment. Especially a team that spectacularly imploded last season and is having to completely rebuild their squad Surprising to say the least, no matter how good the coach might be.

Have heard nothing about Odyssey, though some simple internet searches do turn up some interesting connections to another team. I leave that rumor to play out before saying more.

Odyssey parents calling players white trash ? Wow I know my memory is not as good as it used to be but having been on that sideline for the first game I think I might have remembered it. Shocked What I do remember is the game being completely out of control with Solar's back line continually taking down Odyssey players but not being whistled or carded. The calling of names occured when an ODY player was thrown to the ground with a two hands on the back body slam that snapped his collar bone in two places. It was directed at the moron of a ref who laughed at the screams of the parents for a red card. He then accused the player of a flop. The bone protruding out was obvious from anyone with in 40-50 feet. But yes considering how ugly the game was it is an odd combo at first glance. But the team now is 11 ODY ( so yes some of "those" parents will be there), 2 AE and 5 returning Solar so it is more of ODY II or Ody-lite Smile
I hear ODY is going to be fine with decent turn out for open practices but don't know what DS is talking about ?
FCD should be interesting to see if the players coming back from academy make that big an impact.
DTR has made some really strong additions as well and should be very interesting.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/7/2012, 9:14 am

Max is a solid coach who cares about his boys. You all made a great choice in the move IMHO. My boy would have stayed on the squad and had an invite from Max if he wasn't going to school several hours away for his Jr and Sr years. As I said, it looks to me like Max held into all his starters save one or two that were let go and one that moved to his 95 D1 squad, and added a lot of very strong players. Chemistry will more than likely determine the success of the squad I suspect.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/7/2012, 9:28 am

There has been alot of movement and there will be some very different looks for many teams. Mine did not go with the majority of ODY. He is one of the 3 that are at DTR now.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/7/2012, 10:10 am

Good banter going this Saturday morning. After reading the more recent posts, I have a couple of questions....

1. Why would anyone go to a '95 team this year? Unless I am mistaken, won't that age group have a shortened season? Or, maybe it is a good decision in that your bb will be getting more looks from college scouts a little earlier than the '96 bunch.

2. In re: FCD Prem - keep in mind that the studs from the team two years ago (DC Winner) all went DA. The guys that sprinkled into other D1 teams were not starters on that team and most didn't start on their new teams. That being said, do you really think they are going to swoop in and take the Grand Champion trophy? I do think they will be a contender, and should make the top of D1 very interesting. However, if you are looking for the "all that" team from a couple of years ago, that will not happen. For example, DTR was good this past year and should be strong again this year, but not to the extent they were a few years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by IC75 7/7/2012, 3:03 pm

I agree with dragonstryker with his post about Max. My son came back to soccer to play for Max and the decision has been a great one. Max truly cares for his players...much more than other coaches IMO. He is tough but fair. You can't ask for more than that.

IC75
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 4/28/2013, 12:20 am

[
quote="soccerdad96b"]Good banter going this Saturday morning. After reading the more recent posts, I have a couple of questions....

1. Why would anyone go to a '95 team this year? Unless I am mistaken, won't that age group have a shortened season? Or, maybe it is a good decision in that your bb will be getting more looks from college scouts a little earlier than the '96 bunch.

2. In re: FCD Prem - keep in mind that the studs from the team two years ago (DC Winner) all went DA. The guys that sprinkled into other D1 teams were not starters on that team and most didn't start on their new teams. That being said, do you really think they are going to swoop in and take the Grand Champion trophy? I do think they will be a contender, and should make the top of D1 very interesting. However, if you are looking for the "all that" team from a couple of years ago, that will not happen. For example, DTR was good this past year and should be strong again this year, but not to the extent they were a few years ago.[/quote]

Heh, heh.....funny that everyone thought our DA players were not going to come back.....FCDP is the top team.....we proved that ...... Now doesn't FCD Che seem extremely smart? Our nemesis DTR was still strong!
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3