Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview? - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview?

+22
hammer's dad
Rooney13
krowdkontrol
Rock
TxHunter
soccermom040
off_the_woodwork
omega striker
CH1
FlatBack4
soccerdad1
Number13
my2cents
Maradona
WestSide
scoregazam
Mom96keeper
soccerkraut
Iplaysoccer
DragonStryker
Kaivermor
Solar96
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview? - Page 5 Empty Re: 96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview?

Post by off_the_woodwork 9/3/2012, 6:42 pm

I will reply to my post above about FCD Premier 96 maybe "not being as good as advertised". According to PLD tourny website they just won the U18/19 championship against Solar Chelsea (95 State Cup champs if I'm remembering). So apparently they might be even better than advertised....

Congrats to FCD Premier 96 for the impressive win.

EDIT: Also congrats to TFC 96 for winning PLD U-17 Gold over a game FCDY (Che) team. Finally I heard Texans Red won Austin Labor Day cup (U-17). Should be good times at the top of D1 this year!

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview? - Page 5 Empty Re: 96 CL D1 2012-13 Sneak Preview?

Post by my2cents 9/3/2012, 6:49 pm

Wow that is a quite a comeback considering they finished 3rd out of 4 teams in bracket play. What strange way to schedule. 10 teams in the age group. 8 go through to the semis.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 9/3/2012, 6:56 pm

my2cents wrote:Wow that is a quite a comeback considering they finished 3rd out of 4 teams in bracket play. What strange way to schedule. 10 teams in the age group. 8 go through to the semis.

That would be an 8 team "quarter-final". That's why PLD is popular. You can play a lot of games. It's a great warmer upper for the season. It's not so strange, unless they actually had an 8 team semi-final. That would lead to a 4 team final, which would really get to be confusing.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/3/2012, 7:07 pm

FlatBack4 wrote:
my2cents wrote:Wow that is a quite a comeback considering they finished 3rd out of 4 teams in bracket play. What strange way to schedule. 10 teams in the age group. 8 go through to the semis.

That would be an 8 team "quarter-final". That's why PLD is popular. You can play a lot of games. It's a great warmer upper for the season. It's not so strange, unless they actually had an 8 team semi-final. That would lead to a 4 team final, which would really get to be confusing.

Well thank you for the clarification . I am sure no one would have had any idea of what my incoherent rambling was about. Smile Actually that is what I always hated about the PLD. 6 games in three days equals many injuries. The winners are the team with the deeper bench, least injuries, and fresher legs.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 9/3/2012, 7:21 pm

my2cents wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:

Well thank you for the clarification . I am sure no one would have had any idea of what my incoherent rambling was about. Smile Actually that is what I always hated about the PLD. 6 games in three days equals many injuries. The winners are the team with the deeper bench, least injuries, and fresher legs.

On second thought, you're right. The teams with no bench, a lot of injuries and absolutely no fitness need to win too. Of course, there were a lot of them at PLD too.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/3/2012, 9:17 pm

FlatBack4 wrote:
my2cents wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:

On second thought, you're right. The teams with no bench, a lot of injuries and absolutely no fitness need to win too. Of course, there were a lot of them at PLD too.

Everyone on these boards talks about improving US soccer and tosses around ideas of incorporating different aspects from other countries . Nowhere else do they play six games in three days. No level of fitness is good enough to make it a good idea. 1 game on the third day is pushing it if it is the fifth game. To come back out in 100 degree heat for a 2nd of the day, 6th of the weekend is ridicoulous. Say what you want , I have been there and hated watching the finals. Just wanted to get out without any one getting seriously injured.

The mental toughness to play through exhaustion is a skill that is invaluable and rare. Trying to learn how to do it in a situation that has been framed as a must win situation is a bad idea. It should be taught through training and friendlies.

I thought we were talking about a good warm up to improve team cohesion and tactics. But hey, if you need to win then injuries be damned. It is probably only the unfit thin benches anyway.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 9/3/2012, 10:05 pm

Tich, tich.....I heard a few teams leaving PLD with injuries and now will go back to CL "limping"
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 9/3/2012, 11:20 pm

my2cents wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:

Well...not really because few teams play 6 games, plus the first 4 only have 30 minute halves. Add a water break in the middle of each half and it isn't all that taxing to these boys. Injuries can occur anytime for this age group, including in practice. Not playing isn't the answer.

I do wish they would stick with the mini-games and not go to full length in the semis and finals. Doesn't really make sense to change that for games 5 & 6, especially in the heat.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/7/2012, 9:34 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:I hate to say it but my money is on Red-I think anyone will be lucky to get a goal on them.
FCD will score on everybody this season! Cool
so far so good! Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerdad 4/27/2013, 11:40 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
SoccerDunce wrote:Wha… affraid ..10-0?…..raise the white flags…..is it too early to crown FCDP champions?

Yes, beating a gloried Rec team 10-nil does not a champion make. Beat Solar, DTR, DTWW, or DTRS by a similar margin and you might, might, have room to speculate.

It was pretty well documented that ODY was expected to have a pretty rough year. I would say this game simply solidifies that likelihood versus really saying anything about FCDP.

Interesting that a gloried Rec team, was not relegated. FCDP, was the cream of the crop, in D-1

ntxsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 4/28/2013, 12:03 am

Heh, heh.....FCDP is #1 but DTR, FCD Che & TFC are not below them. These teams could beat each other every other weekend. Congrats to the top 4 NTX teams!
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 5/14/2013, 8:35 am

Iplaysoccer wrote:Disclaimer: I PLAY in Division 1. I know a lot of players and coaches, and these predictions are based solely on my opinion, and rumors I've heard. Also I will not answer any questions about my team, number or address so please refrain from asking.

This is basically my run down of the teams this year:

DTR: What can you say? They're strong, as usual. They're keeping a strong core, and keeping over 10 players from last year. They've brought in strong center mids as well. Seems only subs have left as well. 
Finish: 1st-3rd- They won't drop below 3rd place. This team is strong, kept their leading goal scorer from last year, and have a solid base of players. 

DTRS: This is one prediction based solely off of rumors, players and coaches: They're losing players. Ayers want to leave, and a lot aren't having fun anymore. After the loss to kicks in memorial day, a lot wanted to leave.
Finish: 4th-7th- Mid table, no relegation, no thing over the top though. A solid mid table team. 

DTWW: New coach brought success, but, how long will that last with players who don't like him. He released some weak links on the team, and on paper, this team could win the league. The problem is, the players may try their own thing if the coach isn't respected. Personal experience.
Finish: 4th-7th- Mid table, but a high mid table. This is the team that tore apart Texans Red in state cup after all. 

FCD: Old coach who led the team to Dallas cup victory is back, and he's bringing back 12 of his players from his champion side. He's also picked up a few players from Texans. Expect a completely different team from last year.
Finish: 1st-3rd- This one will be a tough team looking to compete with Texans Red again. The coach wants nationals, and is building a side to try and get there. 

FCDY- The coaching is smart, they're keeping quite a few players, and are picking up a good amount I players from Premier from last year. This team could be a lot better than it looks on paper.
Finish: 4th-7th- This team could surprise a few with the talent it's got on the team. I'm expecting a few angry parents after a tie or loss to what they call a "Division 2 caliber team"

Odyssey: I actually enjoyed watching and playing against this team, and don't have a lot of information from them. But, I have heard a lot of rumors from players, and have already seen proof, of players moving on. "Why stay on a sinking ship" Also rumors of a coach change...?
Finish: 8th-10th- I actually don't predict relegation, but I'm keeping it equal to the rest, putting into the category of top 3, mid table, or relegation battle. 

TFC: This team will do well. Same core group, acquired some nice talent, I'm excited for them. I have friends on that team, and I could see a slight possibility of a title challenge. 
Finish: 1st-3rd- my final pick for the top 3. They can do good things, and that's a game I'm not looking forward too. 

AE: Same boat as last year in my opinion. I'm not expecting anything special, im predicting a strong want for survival though, and sometimes that's enough. Wigan anybody? 
Finish: 8th-10th- This will be a relegation struggle throughout the year, maybe they can pull a wigan, but they're in my prediction to go down.

Solar: Impressive winning the memorial day, I actually got to watch the final. DTRW did put up a fight, but in the end, it was clear who were the better and more fit team. 
Finish: 4th-7th- if they keep they're core group (which I've heard they are) then they should be fine mid table. At the tournament however, there were some question marks at the defense. Could pace beat them? 

Amarillo: this one is hard, but I like to keep in touch with many players from each team. They're not getting anyone new, but some key players did apparently leave. Not much more than that.
Finish: 8th-10th Watching state cup, this team has a possibility to do well, but if teams figure them out early, they won't be able to cope with the speed. Was really shocked at TFC during that game. 

Overall, my prediction is: 
1.) DTR
2.) FCD
3.) TFC
4.) DTWW
5.) Solar
6.) DTRS
7.) FCD Y
8.) Oddy
9.) AE
10.) AL
Doing a little review, I came accross this one. In retrospect, I find the prediction pretty impressive. "Iplaysoccer", what do you see for 96s for next year?
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5