Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

who can compete for 96 top spot ? - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

who can compete for 96 top spot ?

+15
soccerdad1
starbucks
CH1
cowpukesfan
off_the_woodwork
Iplaysoccer
omega striker
hammer's dad
Kaivermor
DragonStryker
Keeperdad96
SoccerDunce
odie1993
my2cents
Goooal!!!
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

who can compete for 96 top spot ? - Page 3 Empty Re: who can compete for 96 top spot ?

Post by omega striker 11/5/2012, 2:24 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:Where the players injured? BTW congrats on your year!
yes sir one with a torn ACL and the other im not too sure:scratch:

Cmon Omega, just about everyone has had to deal with injuries, not just your boys. That's what happens at this age and why you have a a 22 man roster. I think if you were to take a poll on here, plenty of other teams could tell of key injuries to their squads as well, but have not made excuses for it or whined about it.

FCDP has had a great fall. To expect them to go undefeated is not realistic as lots of teams have improved in D1. Be humble and take the compliments to your team that are being handed out. You are still in first place by 5 points.
lol this is why you should read before you post, i never said they would go undefeated i originally said they would score on everybody which they did,the truth here is the missing striker is my cousins son and humble is the only thing i have been,its you and the people like you who wrote them off in the beginning and not have NO CHOICE but swallow a big ol' gulp of 'humble pie" and for the record and please re-read the compliments are only being said now because FCD premier is in 1st place tongue

Last edited by omega striker on 11/5/2012, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

who can compete for 96 top spot ? - Page 3 Empty Re: who can compete for 96 top spot ?

Post by odie1993 11/5/2012, 2:34 pm

Omega, u totally messed up the emoticon Razz

cheers

geek
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/5/2012, 2:35 pm

odie1993 wrote:Omega, u totally messed up the emoticon Razz

cheers

geek
I sure did WTH?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 11/5/2012, 2:45 pm

Oops, Oops…..that didn’t sound right. “Luckily”, Texans hosts DC, therefore DTR gets the 2nd spot. After the qualifying 9 fall games, DTR was not 2nd, but “luckily” Texans hosts DC and DTR gets the spot. After 9 games, FCDP earned their spot.

SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/5/2012, 2:49 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Cmon Omega, just about everyone has had to deal with injuries, not just your boys. That's what happens at this age and why you have a a 22 man roster. I think if you were to take a poll on here, plenty of other teams could tell of key injuries to their squads as well, but have not made excuses for it or whined about it.

FCDP has had a great fall. To expect them to go undefeated is not realistic as lots of teams have improved in D1. Be humble and take the compliments to your team that are being handed out. You are still in first place by 5 points.
lol this is why you should read before you post, i never said they would go undefeated i originally said they would score on everybody which they did,the truth here is the missing striker is my cousins son and humble is the only thing i have been,its you and the people like you who wrote them off in the beginning and not have NO CHOICE but swallow a big ol' gulp of 'humble pie" and for the record and please re-read the compliments are only being said now because FCD premier is in 1st place:tongue:

Actually the point I was trying to make is that you are blaming the losses on the injuries. Most of the top teams have lost impact players to injury this fall, not just FCDP. The funny thing about this game is that the best team doesn't always win. Congrats again to FCDP on an outstanding fall.

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/5/2012, 3:31 pm

SoccerDunce wrote:Oops, Oops…..that didn’t sound right. “Luckily”, Texans hosts DC, therefore DTR gets the 2nd spot. After the qualifying 9 fall games, DTR was not 2nd, but “luckily” Texans hosts DC and DTR gets the spot. After 9 games, FCDP earned their spot.

I don't think anyone said FCDP did not earn theirs. DTR tied and beat FCDY and beat TFC. Are you saying they are not the deserving team to go ? After this weekend I think you have more to worry about then who else got invited to the dance.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 11/5/2012, 4:02 pm

Soccer Dunce....per the guidelines of the Dallas Cup, DTR did earn their spot regardless of their finishing position (3rd by the way).
For those on FCD in the 2nd place position that may seem unfair, but the Dallas Cup rules are clearly stated prior to the Classic League starting.
My sons team was the one bumped two years ago for the same ruling. For the amount of man hours the host club puts in to support the tournament, it probably is a fair reward. Each Texan team must fulfill 100 man hours. (And we all think field marshaling is to many volunteer hours!) All four of the USSF academy teams receive an automatic invitation at the U17 bracket. So in this case this year 2 FCD teams, 2 Texan teams, 1 Solar, and 1 Andromeda team. The exact same rules will apply for next year.
I'm not sure luck has anything to do with it....trust me, it is a lot of hard work to make that tournament successful.
One last item...per the Dallas Cup Rules it appears the FCD Che would be considered Alternate #1 since they have the 2nd place finish in the event someone drops out, Alternate #2 is TFC, #3 Solar Chelsea, #4 DT White West. The alternate pool may also include international teams and USA teams from outside the Dallas Metro area as decided by the Dallas Cup.
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/5/2012, 4:41 pm

soccerdad96b wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdad96b wrote:
omega striker wrote:

lol this is why you should read before you post, i never said they would go undefeated i originally said they would score on everybody which they did,the truth here is the missing striker is my cousins son and humble is the only thing i have been,its you and the people like you who wrote them off in the beginning and not have NO CHOICE but swallow a big ol' gulp of 'humble pie" and for the record and please re-read the compliments are only being said now because FCD premier is in 1st place👅

Actually the point I was trying to make is that you are blaming the losses on the injuries. Most of the top teams have lost impact players to injury this fall, not just FCDP. The funny thing about this game is that the best team doesn't always win. Congrats again to FCDP on an outstanding fall.
no sir to be honest I was really suprised that FCDP was undefeated especially at this level with competition they have so yes its great and im also suprised that there seem to NOT be alot of injuries? the striker is a relative so yes im proud so sue me tongue
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 4/27/2013, 7:27 pm

Hooray, Hooray.....Congrats to FCDP! DTR great season! New Comer of the year FCD Che was the biggest surprise! TFC is always strong! Solar finished strong (thx academy)....DTRS & DTWW did not meet expectations but played tough! ODY you can thank FCD Che later (Jk)....welcome Red West & Solar Red!
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 4/27/2013, 9:24 pm

How did the Comets do today? I understand a third team from D2 might be eligible to move up due to ODY being so pathetic.
Curious?
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDunce 4/27/2013, 11:57 pm

Heh, heh..... CL is not going to change the rules for anyone, ODY did enough to retain DI status. Funny!
SoccerDunce
SoccerDunce
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/28/2013, 8:20 am

ODY finished the spring season 3-1-2 with a 10GF and 9GA. Why the ODY hate. I always see on here whining about how the top teams are recruited and not developed. Here you have a team from a small club go from PPL d2 to top D1. The whole team leaves and the coach brings in pretty much all PPL amd APL players. By the time the end of the year gets here they are beating legit D1 teams (DTRS &TFC ) If that is not development then what is ?
How about a little credit for a job well done by these boys. Most teams would not have survived the fall. Well done ODY. Great finish.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/28/2013, 9:53 am

way to go ODY cheers You can say the coach is an A$%hole and insane but you can't say he can't coach. What he has done is called coaching. Can't say so much for the rest of you guys.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/28/2013, 11:53 am

Goooal!!! wrote:How did the Comets do today? I understand a third team from D2 might be eligible to move up due to ODY being so pathetic.
Curious?
I think you want to pick up a fight here with your comments about Ody being so pathetic. I think that M2C has expressed it well and I have previously stated it in a different forum. This coach will develop the players with a make em or break em style. Those players that can take the heat will develop both technically and tactically. There are several additional coaches with this style of development and success in developing players. Not for every player though. Need to give credit were credit is due.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 4/28/2013, 1:28 pm

Well done Ody!
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 4/28/2013, 10:34 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:
Goooal!!! wrote:How did the Comets do today? I understand a third team from D2 might be eligible to move up due to ODY being so pathetic.
Curious?
I think you want to pick up a fight here with your comments about Ody being so pathetic. I think that M2C has expressed it well and I have previously stated it in a different forum. This coach will develop the players with a make em or break em style. Those players that can take the heat will develop both technically and tactically. There are several additional coaches with this style of development and success in developing players. Not for every player though. Need to give credit were credit is due.

Wow, any mention of ODY brings the same few ODY faithfull out of the woodwork all bowed up. The question was about the D2 Comets (which has now been answered). FCD Comets lose out and it is a Texans stacked D1 for the next go-round.
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/29/2013, 10:40 am

How do they lose out? You are not suggesting that a 8-3-7 or a 7-5-6 D2 record deserves promtion over an 8th place D1 team are you? Any team that is sub .500 in D2 would get killed in D1.

Last edited by my2cents on 4/29/2013, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/29/2013, 11:13 am

[quote="Goooal!!!"]
Real Barcelona wrote:
Curious?

Wow, any mention of ODY brings the same few ODY faithfull out of the woodwork all bowed up.quote]

Nope it has to due with your use of the phrase "due to ODY being so pathetic". It is disrespectful for a team that has fought back to try and stay in D1.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by prettymuneca 4/29/2013, 11:02 pm

my2cents wrote:ODY finished the spring season 3-1-2 with a 10GF and 9GA. Why the ODY hate. I always see on here whining about how the top teams are recruited and not developed. Here you have a team from a small club go from PPL d2 to top D1. The whole team leaves and the coach brings in pretty much all PPL amd APL players. By the time the end of the year gets here they are beating legit D1 teams (DTRS &TFC ) If that is not development then what is ?
How about a little credit for a job well done by these boys. Most teams would not have survived the fall. Well done ODY. Great finish.

Thanks my2cents... We technically ONLY had 2 - D1 players from last year, one being my son and the other his friend he asked to come with him. SO YES! Coach Paddy developed 15 PPL/APL players within months!! A couple of them were boys from my old team at PPL that I new had the ability to become great players at a higher level of play and great coaching. I sit here and laugh about how people bash on Paddy. I think he has a HATE FAN CLUB. This Goooal guy should consider running for CLUB President. LOL Either way, I told the boys to not allow the ignorance and hatred of others discourage them. That our Coach would make them better players. All Paddy has ever done is DEVELOP players. Even before we knew we would be staying D1, my son had already decided to stay with Paddy if they went D2, he stated, "All the years I've been in D1, I've never developed. And here I go with Paddy and in a few months, he makes me realize and see the game in a different light. My only regret is that we didn't find him sooner mom. Can you imagine how much of a better player I would be." I agree! So all I have to say is SHAKE THEM HATERS OFF!!

prettymuneca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 4/30/2013, 8:44 am

Remember, coaching is not only technical and tactical. It's also about leadership, motivational skills, keeping morale high. Something about this guys coaching is not right... lots of families left him last year.

So enough knee jerking about this guy; he didn't reinvent the wheel and he is not as bad as what others say.

Let's stick to the topic at hand.

soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by prettymuneca 4/30/2013, 11:31 am

soccermom040 wrote:Remember, coaching is not only technical and tactical. It's also about leadership, motivational skills, keeping morale high. Something about this guys coaching is not right... lots of families left him last year.

So enough knee jerking about this guy; he didn't reinvent the wheel and he is not as bad as what others say.

Let's stick to the topic at hand.

lol.. Wow, the thing is, we've been around for years and know at least one player and their parents on each team of D1. I always stay in contact with them and chit chat with parents about their coaches etc. SOOOO, If you call being threaten by your COACH to be kicked of the team for anything from losing, not making one practice, asking to guest play a way of keeping high morale, or your COACH sitting on the bench talking on the cell phone because your team is losing motivational, or your coach constantly lying to the kids as leadership. Yet, everyone wants to say something is wrong with Paddy. There's something wrong with EVERY coach! lol I could go on...

With that, Paddy style of coaching is not for the weak mided. If ones son goes on to play college soccer, is he going to quit as soon as that coach corrects him, yells at him, possibly insults him?? Come on, be logical, it only gets worse! Yes, familes left him and some of them have called and/or asked to GUEST PLAY with our team when traveling or have voluntered to do community service with Paddy. Just because you pay a coach to coach your kid doesn't mean you're entitled to tell him how to coach.

With that, enough "knee jerking" as you stated...

prettymuneca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 4/30/2013, 5:19 pm

Logical?
I've seen tons of college ball first hand. The good teams had coaches that didn't need screaming and insults to get the best out of their players.
Again... bottom line is that there are two sides to every story.
Rolling Eyes
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3