Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 9 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Premier Supercopa

+54
Duke1695
nontxorcalteam
Seinfeld4
OK Footballer
chl37
newton heath FC
coachdom
PELE_papacito
Ibystander
davito
moveyourfeet
WBSC DC
Bogus
bunited
EAL League Advisor
finish1
Firewater
Rancho4C
CincoB
So Cal Bicycle
PatsDad
ricky jones
donotquestion
SDadX2
Maradona
plantit
Soccer27
crazyd
ProudSoccerParent
TryingMyBest
ThiefCatcher
yellowboots
GMO
HatTrick10
hghaleb
go99
TheRealSantaClaus
omega striker
AlbionDad
skillzski
U90C
Number13
my2cents
crazeesoccermom
allen04
Nomadsjm
Soccerinsanity
Sprint
odie1993
mtodd
sukiakiman
4theluvofthegame
jessesalas79
mcgill
58 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 9 Empty Re: Dallas Premier Supercopa

Post by Sprint 4/17/2013, 10:30 am

So Cal Bicycle wrote:I heard that they may try to seed the teams when making the brackets. I wonder how they will do that?

With 6 groups if 4, I would try to break them into regions of 6 and rank them and split them up from their.

For example put CA and AZ together and rank them 1-6, put the Texas teams 1-6, the east coast/Midwest 1-6, then the Southwest (OK/Neb/etc) and rank 1-6. Depending in who gets added you could adjust the geographical splits but the idea would be the same.

Then spread them out over the 6. That way you could avoid the Top Texas and California teams facing each other in opening rounds.

Thought I would throw that out to see people's thoughts/ideas.

How would you break out the teams? I am working on my bracket and will try to post later.

Not sure how I would break down the seedings as the thought of trying to do that give me tired head, but I like the idea of teams from Texas not playing each other in earlier rounds the same for teams from California, Arizona etc. The lure of this tournament is getting to play teams from across the Country that we do not see everyday.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 4/17/2013, 10:34 am

So Cal Bicycle wrote:I heard that they may try to seed the teams when making the brackets. I wonder how they will do that?

With 6 groups if 4, I would try to break them into regions of 6 and rank them and split them up from their.

For example put CA and AZ together and rank them 1-6, put the Texas teams 1-6, the east coast/Midwest 1-6, then the Southwest (OK/Neb/etc) and rank 1-6. Depending in who gets added you could adjust the geographical splits but the idea would be the same.

Then spread them out over the 6. That way you could avoid the Top Texas and California teams facing each other in opening rounds.

Thought I would throw that out to see people's thoughts/ideas.

How would you break out the teams? I am working on my bracket and will try to post later.

I believe one of the ideas behind this tournament was getting teams competition from other states/regions and mixing it up a bit. We get stuck in a rut playing the same teams over and over, with no variation in style for the most part. If invites were given on the basis of trying to get the "best" teams from each state represented, then in theory every bracket will have top competition regardless. I personally would like to see each of the 4 teams in every brackets be from different states. They are all excellent.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/17/2013, 10:54 am

I was hoping to get some discussion going. it makes it a little March madness like.

Here is my first guess at it.

The "East Coast" bracket is the hardest to seed as there are no common opponents. The "Southwest" Bracket had some common with the Texas teams and each other. California is the easiest with them having the State Cup. You could move the TXS teams around real time based on 4tlofg's rankings if you want ;-)

Rank Team Team State
EC1 A4BJS Boca Juniors S.C. Boca Raton Juniors Yellow 03/04 Florida
EC2 Fishtown Fishtown Hotspurs Pennsylvania East
EC3 Woodbridge Soccer Club Strikers Woodbridge SC '03B Blue Virginia
EC4 Wichita Rojos SC 04 ADF Wichita Rojos Select Kansas
SW1 TUSC TUSC Blitz Thunder 04 Boys Oklahoma
SW2 Blitz United Soccer Assoc Blitz United 04 Blitz Gold Oklahoma
SW3 NM Rush NM Rush Sharks New Mexico
SW4 South Lakes Soccer Club South Lakes SC Cosmos Academy 04 Boys Blue Oklahoma
SW5 TSC Hurricane TSC Hurricane 04 Boys Crouch Oklahoma
SW5 Omaha FC Omaha FC Academy Gold Nebraska
TX1 Dallas Texans Dallas Texans Pomykal Texas North
TX2 Solar Solar Red Oglesby Texas North
TX3 Odyssey SC Odyssey SC 04 Axon Texas North
TX4 Solar Chelsea Solar Chelsea Farley Texas North
TX5 f c FC Dynano jr Texas South
TX6 Cosmos FC Cosmos FC 04 Texas South
WC1 ALBION SC - WHITE - CROWE ALBION SC - WHITE - CROWE California South
WC2 Nomads Munoz Nomads U9 California South
WC3 UFC B03 Gold California South
WC4 Sereno Soccer Club 04 Boys White Arizona
WC5 TUZOS TUZOS LEON Arizona
WC6 Pateadores Pateadores BU9 MV California South

The bracketing is pretty easy as the seeds need to add up to 14. Sorry for any formatting issues doing this on my phone. Thoughts!

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4 Group 5 Group 6
WC1 WC2 WC3 WC4 WC5 WC6
TX6 TX5 TX4 TX3 TX2 TX1
EC5 EC6 EC1 EC2 EC3 EC4
SW2 SW1 SW6 SW5 SW4 SW3

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/19/2013, 3:01 pm

Lookal like Chicago Magic are back in on the website. I would slot them in about 4th in the EC bracket and slide Witchita down. Depending on how Fishtown does in the Pennsylvania State Cup they could move down also.

The Texas bracket could get moved around depending on the weekend's games. However not much difference in seeding between Solar Ref and DT Polykal. I wonder who the last teams in will be?

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 4/19/2013, 3:47 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:Lookal like Chicago Magic are back in on the website. I would slot them in about 4th in the EC bracket and slide Witchita down. Depending on how Fishtown does in the Pennsylvania State Cup they could move down also.

The Texas bracket could get moved around depending on the weekend's games. However not much difference in seeding between Solar Ref and DT Polykal. I wonder who the last teams in will be?

I like that you are putting something out there and getting people to react >. I think southern california teams will be the teams to beat and be the strongest. Any bracket with one of the four southern california teams will be the toughest. I think NTX will be the second toughest. Florida, Northeast, and midwest are very behind these two areas at this age I am guessing.

I would put them in this order of states or areas

Southern Californa
North Texas
Arizona
Pennsylvania
Florida
Illinois
Virginia
New Mexico
Oklahoma
Kansas
Nebraska
South Texas
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/19/2013, 4:13 pm

I am hoping for the opening rounds they have a good geographic split thus avoiding the California teams playing othe California teams and the Texas teams playing each other. Also, you would not want the Top California teams playing the Top Texas teams in the opening rounds either. By ranking them geographically and then disbursing them to the 6 brackets you get the best of both worlds. Teams from different areas playing each other and a more even distribution of talent. It won't be perfect but you avoid a loaded bracket. Just an idea.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/19/2013, 4:27 pm

On a side note. Our parents can be just as enthusiastic.... Here is the forum for this age group for So Cal.

http://www.socalsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=247

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 4/23/2013, 2:24 pm

SCB

It's fun to read another states forum Suspect

From state cup and the rankings on the site it looks like Albion is the best Southern California team. How do the other teams from southern california in supercup compare to them?

What makes Albion the best team?
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 2:53 pm

I think Albion peaked at the right time. Chivas or Barca are teams that could be considered as good. I think SCB would agree that the Championship game could've gone either way.
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 4/23/2013, 3:00 pm

PatsDad wrote:I think Albion peaked at the right time. Chivas or Barca are teams that could be considered as good. I think SCB would agree that the Championship game could've gone either way.

PD how is your team that is coming to this tournament? SCB has your team as ranked last in your region
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 3:12 pm

My son is on the u10's, but i follow the 9's alot. The Pats Irvine team is better than Mission Viejo but the club is trying to send boys from both teams so I'm not sure how the team will be. The irvine team was in the sweet 16 and lost to chivas 3-2. The 9v9 will change how the Cali teams play.
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbionDad 4/23/2013, 3:21 pm

PatsDad wrote:I think Albion peaked at the right time. Chivas or Barca are teams that could be considered as good. I think SCB would agree that the Championship game could've gone either way.

I'd agree for the most part. The boys peaked at the right time and definitely kept the momentum going throughout the entire State Cup competition. Barca and Chivas are both very good teams and will continue to compete year in and year out, not just in this age bracket but in most.

This year will no doubt bring change to some teams and it will be interesting to see how all of the SoCal teams play at 9 a side at the Dallas tourney. All of the teams coming from SoCal are quality teams and none of them should be underestimated.

AlbionDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 3:25 pm

AlbionDad wrote:

I'd agree for the most part. The boys peaked at the right time and definitely kept the momentum going throughout the entire State Cup competition. Barca and Chivas are both very good teams and will continue to compete year in and year out, not just in this age bracket but in most.

This year will no doubt bring change to some teams and it will be interesting to see how all of the SoCal teams play at 9 a side at the Dallas tourney. All of the teams coming from SoCal are quality teams and none of them should be underestimated.
I can't wait to see Barca with there new players from Chivas and Fcgs with some Chivas boys. To bad about Chivas breaking up but it's nice to have there coach at Pats since he trained my son when he was 5-7.
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 4/23/2013, 3:32 pm

PatsDad wrote:
AlbionDad wrote:

I can't wait to see Barca with there new players from Chivas and Fcgs with some Chivas boys. To bad about Chivas breaking up but it's nice to have there coach at Pats since he trained my son when he was 5-7.

Did the coach from the 3four3 blog move over to Chivas? I think he was the Barcelona coach for the U11s and U12s.

IF so, does he coach a U9 or U10 group now with Chivas? That guy seemed to have a good philosophy in terms of training kids and playing possesion soccer.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/23/2013, 3:34 pm

I have seen all 4 of the CA teams play.

By virtue of by being San Diego league champ and then State Cup champ they are the top team from So Cal and most likely all of California.

Nomads are a very solid team that beat Albion early in the preseason and finished as a State Cup semi-finalist and finished 4th in San Diego. However, 3 of the 4 State Cup semi-finalists were from San Diego so finishing 4th was pretty respectable. They have been adding to their squad recently. There has been some consolidation between the Nomads teams with some players moving over to Nomads Munoz squad. Their style of play involves shots from range and they get a lot of goals from free kicks and corners. They play very physical and have size. Their goalie looks like a 14 year old.

United Gold are probably underrated they got knocked out of State Cup by Albion 2-0 in the round of 32. Had they had a different draw they would have progressed much further. I would put them very similar to Nomads in quality.

Pats MV is a tier below the other 3. They made it to the knockout round but lost in the round of 32. They were in the same group as Albion and lost 6-2 I believe. They have a couple dangerous players but not as strong as the other clubs.

As far as what makes Albion the "best" team, tough to say they aren't very big or fast. However, they are very good at keeping their shape and moving the ball around. Very good discipline. Will be interesting to see them on a big field.

That is the run down of the So Cal team.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/23/2013, 3:37 pm

PatsDad I was wondering if they were going to put together some players from the Pats team. That would definitely make them stronger.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 3:38 pm

Yes he left to Chivas, but will coach the u14 academy team. His u12 team left Barca also. He helped with all those teams but was not the head coach, but was the difference in many games. It will be interesting to see the difference now at Barca/ LAFA
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 3:42 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:PatsDad I was wondering if they were going to put together some players from the Pats team. That would definitely make them stronger.
Don't look at this team as a Pats MV team. Pats wants kids from both teams. Expect the top players from Irvine there. But MV coach will be coaching the 9's with the old Irvine coach helping.
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 4/23/2013, 3:44 pm

PatsDad wrote:Yes he left to Chivas, but will coach the u14 academy team. His u12 team left Barca also. He helped with all those teams but was not the head coach, but was the difference in many games. It will be interesting to see the difference now at Barca/ LAFA

Thanks, he had some video on his blog of his U12 team destroying people at Surf Cup just keeping the ball. From his blog, it looks like the U12 team played the Barcelona U12s from the La Masia in Spain and held their own over in Europe last month.

Hope we don't see Albion early in the tournament.... Very Happy

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/23/2013, 3:47 pm

I was wondering what was going to happen to that Chivas team. A shame they are splitting, hard to believe they couldn't bring on someone to hold down the fort. They play for free and are associated with the MLS team.

The one Chivas defender was with Barca before, I wonder if he went back or stayed.

FCGS had 2 good teams as the black team was as good as the academy team.

Will be interesting to see how they are now.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 3:48 pm

I do agree with SCB out of the teams at u9 coming from Cali, Albion is hands down the top team! Don't be surprised if United has some guests and is a legit contender!!
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 3:49 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:I was wondering what was going to happen to that Chivas team. A shame they are splitting, hard to believe they couldn't bring on someone to hold down the fort. They play for free and are associated with the MLS team.

The one Chivas defender was with Barca before, I wonder if he went back or stayed.

FCGS had 2 good teams as the black team was as good as the academy team.

Will be interesting to see how they are now.
We actually picked up there crafty lefty to play up with our team on the big field. Chivas wasn't free anymore, that's why many left.
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/23/2013, 4:01 pm

Chivas not free?!? That makes more sense about the exodus then.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 4/23/2013, 4:32 pm

Was Barcelona invited to this tournament? If they were why didnt they come?

Do you play 8v8 in your leagues and tournaments? What is the field size? Do your teams have to add guest players for this tournament?
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgill 4/23/2013, 4:46 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:Was Barcelona invited to this tournament? If they were why didnt they come?

Do you play 8v8 in your leagues and tournaments? What is the field size? Do your teams have to add guest players for this tournament?

Of course they don't have to add for this tourney, but you know they can't bring their normal team because they may lose then... Gotta keep the So Cal image in tact Very Happy

mcgill
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad 4/23/2013, 4:52 pm

Our team is using players from within the club only because we have families that financially could not afford the trip. So technically our team won't be as strong as usual at u10.
PatsDad
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next