Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

top 01 teams? - Page 10 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

top 01 teams?

+65
ojo
burnthestar
Sprint
cowpukesfan
Tornado01
soccer77
rustynail11
Amidoinitrite?
futbolista
cholo14
lovescr01
cds3
ddearen
Soccerismylife
getafe01
Sporting01
coachdom
snp
JukeEm
finish1
Offside
hammer
PG-Boy
BAFANA BAFANA
rdg
Soccerdad79
dcrawl
txsoccer11
hunden97
Wildcat44
Durty-Tackle
Axxman
GK2
staywide
steamers12
01sonsoccer
jack0fspeed
trblmkr
SDadX2
merlin
creeper
jstply
chad85
Majortom
FGFF
soccerkix
mplsnsg
NoLo
rantnrave
slampg
cts
anselansel
zemiblast
t5house
futboleros
new_texans
scrdad
SEAOTTER
Galagtic
wolverine
stk1
balin1971
siete7
STXGALAXY
0105BOYS
69 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

top 01 teams? - Page 10 Empty Re: top 01 teams?

Post by mplsnsg 4/14/2011, 10:00 am

ansel, I agree with you. Sorry slam for the slight divergence. Unfortunately, this is not an issue confined only to NTX soccer. It is a problem with our current society and occurs in all facets of a child's life. If the child is reprimanded in school, it is the teachers fault. If the child does not make the top team, the coach is at fault and either the coach can not see the talent or they are swayed by other parents who were able to out-politicize them for the position. It always seems to be someone elses problem these days. Individuals do not take a hard look in the mirror and simply accept the fact that most of the time, not always, their child is not as developed or talented as others, is a behavior problem, or just does not have the intellectual fire power. People need to assume some parental responsibilty. And, I am tired of hearing that "I am the only one concerned for the best interest of my child and therefore..." We all have the best interest of our children. Sometimes we just have to acknowledge that others may know more about a particular thing and let them do their job instead of keeping the blinders on.

As for the individual that continues to make attempts at disparraging JW, I am more inclined to think that he is nothing more than a troll who is attempting to redirect negative focus on an individual that I have trusted my son to. I will say it again. I consider my children my most precious commodity. I do not take leaving them in the hands of others to train with, to teach, and to act as a role model lightly. I have absolutely NO reservation having my son in the care of JW!

Getting back to top teams. The landscape is evolving and changing, even daily. Good luck to everyone. I hope our children have a great time and remain healthy.

mplsnsg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by snp 4/14/2011, 1:24 pm

mplsnsg wrote:ansel, I agree with you. Sorry slam for the slight divergence. Unfortunately, this is not an issue confined only to NTX soccer. It is a problem with our current society and occurs in all facets of a child's life. If the child is reprimanded in school, it is the teachers fault. If the child does not make the top team, the coach is at fault and either the coach can not see the talent or they are swayed by other parents who were able to out-politicize them for the position. It always seems to be someone elses problem these days. Individuals do not take a hard look in the mirror and simply accept the fact that most of the time, not always, their child is not as developed or talented as others, is a behavior problem, or just does not have the intellectual fire power. People need to assume some parental responsibilty. And, I am tired of hearing that "I am the only one concerned for the best interest of my child and therefore..." We all have the best interest of our children. Sometimes we just have to acknowledge that others may know more about a particular thing and let them do their job instead of keeping the blinders on.

As for the individual that continues to make attempts at disparraging JW, I am more inclined to think that he is nothing more than a troll who is attempting to redirect negative focus on an individual that I have trusted my son to. I will say it again. I consider my children my most precious commodity. I do not take leaving them in the hands of others to train with, to teach, and to act as a role model lightly. I have absolutely NO reservation having my son in the care of JW!

Getting back to top teams. The landscape is evolving and changing, even daily. Good luck to everyone. I hope our children have a great time and remain healthy.

Very well stated!

snp
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerismylife 4/15/2011, 8:47 am

This post is coming from boca, I was informed that there was a website where our team was so involved. The reason for this post is to clear up a . couple of things.
This is the first time in this forum, how we got so involved in all this dilema, I'm not quite sure.
1st: Boca has not used over age players at any games. If anyone has doubts of any player being over age, please give me there jersey# and I will feel free to show any information needed to prove my players are not overage.
2nd: Yes, we have been at FC Dallas game in which I dont see a problem in trying to enjoy watching a good game. NO! We are not at the games trying to recruit players, our team has been complete. As far as one of your players training with us at no point did we ever go to your games and recruited him. Last season was our 1st season in SDL in which we were Dallas Tigres Academy at the time. We bumped into this players parent at Wall-Mart after the 1st game at SDL, they saw us with one of our players in which he still had his uniform asked us how did our 1st game go and started a conversation with us asked where we trained and so forth and showed up to our following practice. He supposely wanted extra practice for his child in otherwards he came and practiced with us when he didnt have practice with his coach (Jon). In which now Im seeing its causing a dilema, the last we want is problems from this situation. Which would be the best solution to this particular situation . Ask the parent to STOP assisting to my practices? Or leave it upto the Coach to speak with his player! ANY suggestions would help, the last we want is any issues or problems with other Coaches.

Soccerismylife
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 4/15/2011, 10:43 am

Soccerismylife wrote:
This post is coming from boca, I was informed that there was a website where our team was so involved. The reason for this post is to clear up a . couple of things.
This is the first time in this forum, how we got so involved in all this dilema, I'm not quite sure.
1st: Boca has not used over age players at any games. If anyone has doubts of any player being over age, please give me there jersey# and I will feel free to show any information needed to prove my players are not overage.
2nd: Yes, we have been at FC Dallas game in which I dont see a problem in trying to enjoy watching a good game. NO! We are not at the games trying to recruit players, our team has been complete. As far as one of your players training with us at no point did we ever go to your games and recruited him. Last season was our 1st season in SDL in which we were Dallas Tigres Academy at the time. We bumped into this players parent at Wall-Mart after the 1st game at SDL, they saw us with one of our players in which he still had his uniform asked us how did our 1st game go and started a conversation with us asked where we trained and so forth and showed up to our following practice. He supposely wanted extra practice for his child in otherwards he came and practiced with us when he didnt have practice with his coach (Jon). In which now Im seeing its causing a dilema, the last we want is problems from this situation. Which would be the best solution to this particular situation . Ask the parent to STOP assisting to my practices? Or leave it upto the Coach to speak with his player! ANY suggestions would help, the last we want is any issues or problems with other Coaches.

Soccerismylife:

You don't have to answer to anyone on this forum! There are no contracts in academy soccer. Any academy aged player can play for as many teams and clubs as he wants. I am proud to see an independent soccer club/team doing so well in North Texas. Keep your team/s playing strong and with passion. Keep providing avenues for kids to focus their talents on sports.

Let me reiterate that I don't know Waters and having nothing to say about this coach (good or bad). I try to avoid naming coaches specifically in my discussions.

HOWEVER, what really annoys me is that several folks have come onto this forum defending Waters and expressing disbelief that anyone would say a negative word about him without having direct knowledge or evidence about the allegations against him. BUT, then immediately attacked Boca Juniors and/or OC Wizards for playing dirty and/or having over-aged kids playing on their team/s. WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE AND/OR DIRECT KNOWLEDGE?

Hypocrites.

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Some of the folks that have attacked your soccer club/team probably have limited knowledge about what independent and minority soccer clubs stand for and represent to their communities. To me, clubs and teams like yours represent hope that the small guy can compete against conglomerates; hope that even though a kid can't afford to pay the outrageous soccer club monies, he can find a place where he can learn and play soccer at a very high level; and hope that there are coaches out there willing to coach kids for little or no money because they love the sport!

Academy players all over North Texas right now are evaluating their current situation and making decisions on where they want to play soccer going into competitive. I can tell you that our academy team has entertained several players from other clubs including FC Dallas, Dallas Texans, and Liverpool. Nothing wrong with that!

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH A WATERS KID FROM FC DALLAS PLAYING FOR BOCA. DON'T LET THE "ESTABLISHMENT" TELL YOU OTHERWISE!

Your team may be the best situation for him. Let him practice and let him play until he signs a contract with Boca or FC Dallas.

I live in North Dallas (Richardson/Plano area) and if Boca had a team in North Texas my son would visit and guest play for your team. And if he found your team to be the best situation for him he would stay!

I look forward to when teams like Boca and OC Wizards move into North Dallas!
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

top 01 teams? - Page 10 Empty Enough, now move on....

Post by hunden97 4/15/2011, 11:53 am

This is getting ridiculous and maybe, just maybe, started as a slight misunderstanding. Wolverine, I applaud your anti-establishment stance. As a matter of fact continue your campaign against the injustices of the NTX soccer system! Make Cesar Chavez Proud! Fair enough, Boca Jr's, OC Wizards and whatever OTHER small club that has ever been accused of playing with over-age kids, maybe they WERE just tall for their age!! And maybe they DON'T play dirty, just "physical". So now that all "this" has been cleared up and was just a misunderstanding in the first place, now we can move on, stop disparaging good coaches, teams, clubs BIG AND SMALL and whatever else was possibly disparaged. Let it go! The process of preparing for select is upon us, let us focus on our own situations to make sure our kids handle the transition as seamless as possible. This topic is dead, forgotten, and no longer useful. Good luck to ALL and may all the boys have a safe and fulfilling experience.

***Note: If this post is ignored and the attacks on coaches and teams/clubs continues then it is CLEARLY evident that certain individuals are attempting to bring attention to their programs in a cowardly way by disparaging good people in the hopes that it will cast their programs in a more positive light. Also, since some may be hyper-sensitive to their ethnic situations, I am a minority as well!
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durty-Tackle 4/15/2011, 12:07 pm

Don't mind me....Just watching the show.

top 01 teams? - Page 10 Mj_popcorn
Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 4/15/2011, 12:22 pm

hunden97 wrote:This is getting ridiculous and maybe, just maybe, started as a slight misunderstanding. Wolverine, I applaud your anti-establishment stance. As a matter of fact continue your campaign against the injustices of the NTX soccer system! Make Cesar Chavez Proud! Fair enough, Boca Jr's, OC Wizards and whatever OTHER small club that has ever been accused of playing with over-age kids, maybe they WERE just tall for their age!! And maybe they DON'T play dirty, just "physical". So now that all "this" has been cleared up and was just a misunderstanding in the first place, now we can move on, stop disparaging good coaches, teams, clubs BIG AND SMALL and whatever else was possibly disparaged. Let it go! The process of preparing for select is upon us, let us focus on our own situations to make sure our kids handle the transition as seamless as possible. This topic is dead, forgotten, and no longer useful. Good luck to ALL and may all the boys have a safe and fulfilling experience.

***Note: If this post is ignored and the attacks on coaches and teams/clubs continues then it is CLEARLY evident that certain individuals are attempting to bring attention to their programs in a cowardly way by disparaging good people in the hopes that it will cast their programs in a more positive light. Also, since some may be hyper-sensitive to their ethnic situations, I am a minority as well!

I guess only the chosen few have a right to voice their opinions . . . I'm sorry hunden97 I didn't get the memo on that.

How am I disparaging good coaches and clubs? Re-read ALL my posts. I have never once written a negative word about a specific coach, team or club. I refrain from personally attacking coaches, teams and clubs.

My most recent post is in response to Soccerismylife's post.

What does being a minority have to do with this discussion?

Who is Cesar Chavez?

I'm talking about North Texas soccer. What are you talking about?

I agree, topic is stale and we need to move on to another topic. I stopped responding to this topic until I saw Soccerismylife's most recent post.

I reiterate, Boca has a right to entertain guest players.

I'd appreciate if you stop trying to belittle my responses by insinuating they're not important or mischaracterizing my posts. If you disagree fine - say that. But at least make an effort to show some maturity in your responses.

Thank you.

**** Note to hunden97: no need to respond. If you do respond to this post then this is evidence that I am totally right about EVERYTHING I've posted about this topic!
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mplsnsg 4/15/2011, 4:59 pm

Wolf

While I enjoy reading your posts and tend to agree with your opinions often, I must say that I am not in complete agreement about your note to soccerismylife. I have been adamant, along with slampg and balin (both of whom I do not know) in defense of JW while NOT mentioning anything about overage players. I do not recall these other two posters discussing overage players either. The discussion of overage players seems to have come from a single individual in this particular post, though received ad nauseum attention in other threads. I think the same can be said with regards to the dirty or physical play discusion. Not mentioned in this thread by the above noted supporters of JW. My point only is to not link the majority of posters who defended JW with those that criticised boca or OC. It may have been done by one individual. In fact, I am still somewhat suspicious of the originator of the JW negativity. I must admit that I did not go back and re-read the posts. I have to take exception with labelling the defenders of JW as hypocrites. Again, I noted my only criticism of a coach based on direct observations and do not think that I have criticised a team unless I was directly involved in a situation. I think the same can be said of slam and balin. I think the three of us represent the majority of those that commented in support of JW.

Again, thanks for your insightful comments. I look forward to reading and responding to the years of competition on the pitches....

mplsnsg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerismylife 4/15/2011, 8:36 pm

FROM BOCA: Whoever is putting the NEGATIVE posts about Jon Waters I do not know, I just want to clear out our Name. In other wards we have nothing NEGATIVE to say about JON Waters. Dont know the coach and dont have nothing to say about him.

The only thing I can say is WISH EVERY CLUB/TEAM outthere big/small clubs INDEPENDENT teams the best of LUCK to QT. It will be the best EXPERIENCE ever.

INSTEAD of waisting time talking NEGATIVE about coaches and/or TEAMS/CLUBS, we should be focused on QT as parents as clubs and as Coaches.

I hope that my team BOCA aswell as the coach stays left out if all this dilema, like I said we dont want any issues with other coaches.

BEST OF LUCK EVERY ONE OUTTHERE IN QT!!!!

Soccerismylife
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 4/15/2011, 9:18 pm

I spoke with Coach Waters this afternoon and wanted to convey a couple of final points and then hope that this thread will die out so we can get back to talking soccer.

First - Wolf, I take strong exception to being labeled a hypocrite. I have identified myself and everyone knows who I am. I have been completely consistent in my views and I have NEVER disparaged any coach or team.

To address the less than truthful remarks about Jon Waters:

1. Far from having issue with any of our players guest playing - or leaving to go to other clubs/teams, Jon encourages everyone to experience as many opportunities as are presented a player. If one of our guys is practicing or playing with Boca, Andro, Premier, MU Red Devlis, or anyone else, better for them. Jon supports and encourages it.
2. Winning or losing? Our coach's philosophy is that this age group is about development and cares not one bit about winning or losing. If we get beaten by a big strong physical team, he has always been graceful and congradulatory. The sole exception to this is when a team's overly aggressive play endangers our boys (a broke leg and a concussion this season attest to this valid concern). Playing against bigger and stronger kids? We play up in tournaments and scrimmages all the time and always look for challenges for our guys to learn and grow. All he asks is that you keep it clean.
3. Big club/little club argument... Anyone that knows Jon knows his history with Studio Brazil. A club he started and still runs on the side purely to give youngsters the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Can't afford to pay? Jon's never turned a kid away.
4. He's been playing and coaching in this area for the past 20 years. He knows and is known by a very wide range of players, coaches, parents and kids throughout the Dallas area (north and south). If you don't know him, take the time to introduce yourself next time you see him. You'll be better off for it.

Lastly, if you still have an issue that I haven't addressed, be man - or woman - enough to come talk about it face to face. I'm the bald guy pacing the FCD Waters sideline enjoying watching our boys play.

Now... on to soccer!

Anyone playing futsal this summer? Any good tournaments coming up? Who's going to watch the Dallas Cup this weekend?
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerismylife 4/16/2011, 9:17 am

I did hear about the player's leg being broken by another player and truly understand for parents being concerned or outrage aswell as coaches, and questioning the players age does not offend us or our team. I know that if that would happen to any of my players I would be outraged.

We did hear a lot of Studio Brazil, heard it was the best. Unfortunately we never got the pleasure to see the team play, Im sure we would of enjoyed watching there games as much as we love being out in da soccer fields we enjoy watching the kids play soccer. Even when its not our team playing, we enjoy being in the fields relaxing and just watch a good game.

Sorry, if anyone got the bad impression of us being at the FC Dallas game. We mean no harm, to your team, we do tend to know a lot of players and enjoy watching them play. We can be driving diwn the road, and if we see a kids game going on, we pullover and stay to watch the game, even if we dont know the players or parents in the team. I guess we just support the SPORT overall, we enjoy seeing the kids being and growing up in sports, helps them grow up and stay out of the streets!!! Overall thats why we do what we do and enjoy Coaching and enjoy having our team, because we want to Support, this kids in to playing sports so they can grow up in sports and stay out of trouble.

I also hope that this thread comes to an end!! I went back and read most if were this thread started and truly it made me sick!! How can someone have so much time in there hands to just critisize or try to run over ones reputation. Im glad JON had so many people out there to stand up for him, Just Shows the good work his done!!

Soccerismylife
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 4/16/2011, 4:17 pm

mplsnsg wrote:Wolf

While I enjoy reading your posts and tend to agree with your opinions often, I must say that I am not in complete agreement about your note to soccerismylife. I have been adamant, along with slampg and balin (both of whom I do not know) in defense of JW while NOT mentioning anything about overage players. I do not recall these other two posters discussing overage players either. The discussion of overage players seems to have come from a single individual in this particular post, though received ad nauseum attention in other threads. I think the same can be said with regards to the dirty or physical play discusion. Not mentioned in this thread by the above noted supporters of JW. My point only is to not link the majority of posters who defended JW with those that criticised boca or OC. It may have been done by one individual. In fact, I am still somewhat suspicious of the originator of the JW negativity. I must admit that I did not go back and re-read the posts. I have to take exception with labelling the defenders of JW as hypocrites. Again, I noted my only criticism of a coach based on direct observations and do not think that I have criticised a team unless I was directly involved in a situation. I think the same can be said of slam and balin. I think the three of us represent the majority of those that commented in support of JW.

Again, thanks for your insightful comments. I look forward to reading and responding to the years of competition on the pitches....

mplsnsg:

My apologies . . . got a little carried away. Will do a better due diligence next time.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 4/16/2011, 4:24 pm

slampg wrote:I spoke with Coach Waters this afternoon and wanted to convey a couple of final points and then hope that this thread will die out so we can get back to talking soccer.

First - Wolf, I take strong exception to being labeled a hypocrite. I have identified myself and everyone knows who I am. I have been completely consistent in my views and I have NEVER disparaged any coach or team.

To address the less than truthful remarks about Jon Waters:

1. Far from having issue with any of our players guest playing - or leaving to go to other clubs/teams, Jon encourages everyone to experience as many opportunities as are presented a player. If one of our guys is practicing or playing with Boca, Andro, Premier, MU Red Devlis, or anyone else, better for them. Jon supports and encourages it.
2. Winning or losing? Our coach's philosophy is that this age group is about development and cares not one bit about winning or losing. If we get beaten by a big strong physical team, he has always been graceful and congradulatory. The sole exception to this is when a team's overly aggressive play endangers our boys (a broke leg and a concussion this season attest to this valid concern). Playing against bigger and stronger kids? We play up in tournaments and scrimmages all the time and always look for challenges for our guys to learn and grow. All he asks is that you keep it clean.
3. Big club/little club argument... Anyone that knows Jon knows his history with Studio Brazil. A club he started and still runs on the side purely to give youngsters the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Can't afford to pay? Jon's never turned a kid away.
4. He's been playing and coaching in this area for the past 20 years. He knows and is known by a very wide range of players, coaches, parents and kids throughout the Dallas area (north and south). If you don't know him, take the time to introduce yourself next time you see him. You'll be better off for it.

Lastly, if you still have an issue that I haven't addressed, be man - or woman - enough to come talk about it face to face. I'm the bald guy pacing the FCD Waters sideline enjoying watching our boys play.

Now... on to soccer!

Anyone playing futsal this summer? Any good tournaments coming up? Who's going to watch the Dallas Cup this weekend?

slampg:

My "hypocrite" label was intended for those that frowned upon the Boca poster for his Waters comments w/o direct knowledge and then accused Boca about using overage players. If your prior posts on this do not fall in this category than I apologize.

I will try and conduct a better due diligence in the future.

By the way, this Waters coach sounds like my type of coach. I might bring my U8 boy out for a look see. Does he practice near Richardson/Plano area?
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mplsnsg 4/17/2011, 11:35 am

Wolf

He does train in north dallas. I would recommend his studio brasil soccer camp for your son. Jon, and his camp partner casey, are awsome with the kids. They introduce them to all sorts of soccer-related games. You will not find a more honest and caring coach. And, again, my son does not currently play for him.

mplsnsg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by balin1971 4/17/2011, 7:01 pm

He does train in north dallas. I would recommend his studio brasil soccer camp for your son. Jon, and his camp partner casey, are awsome with the kids. They introduce them to all sorts of soccer-related games. You will not find a more honest and caring coach. And, again, my son does not currently play for him.
This is so true. The soccer camps with Jon are awesome. Players from Wizards, Andro, FCD Premier, Dallas Texans, Crashers, Solar Blue and rec teams have been there.

balin1971
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 4/17/2011, 10:48 pm

balin1971 wrote:

This is so true. The soccer camps with Jon are awesome. Players from Wizards, Andro, FCD Premier, Dallas Texans, Crashers, Solar Blue and rec teams have been there.

I can't find Studio Brasil soccer camp website. Any links or leads? My 01 boy is set but would like to look at camp for my 03 boy.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

top 01 teams? - Page 10 Empty How do you join a team?

Post by ddearen 5/30/2011, 12:34 pm

This probably isn't the rigt place for this question, but I'm new to the forum/site and would appreciate any help. My son wants to play in select, and I am wondering how you join a team. I coach the PSA Gators indoor, and PSA Firebolts outdoor rec teams(we play in the top rec division, and have won 2 consecutive championships, and my son is a starting forward. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

ddearen
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/3/2011, 12:09 am

new_texans wrote:SDL league teams such:

Texans Densk
DT south
Solar Red
Solar Partain
Andro
Wizard

also a couple teams from PAL.

From a year ago ... how things have changed. A lesson for the 02 boys.

Heading into select, what do you think?

Partain has dropped off - or have they, DT South looks vulnerable and the Wizards are no where to be seen.

Texans Densk/Gall is up there, Solar Red is still scary good and Andro (now FCD who-knows-what-color-name Bazan) is still a top team. Based on the latest tourneys and recent tryouts, who else will be fighting for the top? FCD Premier? Sao Paulo (now the Titans)? FWFC White? Who else is going to jump to the top of D1 Select?

It's been way to quiet up here lately ... What do you think?
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 7/5/2011, 4:07 pm

You can throw FC Dallas Premier in that mix too.
This is my guess for the top 4:
1. Solar Red
2. Texans Gall
3. FC Dallas Red (Bazan)
4. FC Dallas Premier
As for slots 5-10, a bit too much movement has occurred to make any kind of guess. Best to wait and see.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 7/5/2011, 4:33 pm

Texans Gall over DTS? What have Texans Gall done to "deserve" that spot? You probably know something I don't....

In my opinion, Solar, FCD premier and FCD red should be top 3, then DTS, FWFC, Titans (SaoPaulo), Texans Gall in the next level; Wizards, FCD Juniors and Figo completing the "true" D1. No particular order in any of the 3 levels....
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovescr01 7/5/2011, 4:44 pm

cds3 wrote:Texans Gall over DTS? What have Texans Gall done to "deserve" that spot? You probably know something I don't....

In my opinion, Solar, FCD premier and FCD red should be top 3, then DTS, FWFC, Titans (SaoPaulo), Texans Gall in the next level; Wizards, FCD Juniors and Figo completing the "true" D1. No particular order in any of the 3 levels....

did you know that DTS lost to solar blue 1-4 and solar blue lost to Gall 0-6 and Gall won the Carey tournament in final over Solar Red?

lovescr01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/5/2011, 4:55 pm

cds3 wrote:Texans Gall over DTS? What have Texans Gall done to "deserve" that spot? You probably know something I don't....

Wizards fell apart towards the end of the season and, unless they restocked with studs, will be a 15 to 20 range team.

FWFC won a tourney with solar red guest players. In the tourney last weekend, they tied FCD Walters second team and got spanked by FCD Premier. My guess... an 11 to 15 level team.

I'd replace those two with Solar Partain and Man U Red Devils.

Otherwise I agree with your list save for putting Gall in the top group.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cholo14 7/5/2011, 5:30 pm

slampg wrote:

Wizards fell apart towards the end of the season and, unless they restocked with studs, will be a 15 to 20 range team.

FWFC won a tourney with solar red guest players. In the tourney last weekend, they tied FCD Walters second team and got spanked by FCD Premier. My guess... an 11 to 15 level team.

I'd replace those two with Solar Partain and Man U Red Devils.

Otherwise I agree with your list save for putting Gall in the top group.

WOW!! Again with the Solar Red players? Really? HAHAHA!! I thought you guys were over that!!.... They tied to FCDJuniors when they were already in semis; how do you know they did not rotate/rest their players?

On the other hand, did you watch the FWFC-FCDPremier game? Spanked?? FWFC winning 1-0 most of 1st half, 1-1 at half and the 3-1 goal towards the end of the game? Be objective on your comments. BTW... I know FCDPremier played a couple of guests that Tournament, too; and one of them was great!.....though, I didn't hear (nor haven't read) any FWFC complaints.
cholo14
cholo14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cholo14 7/5/2011, 5:44 pm

lovescr01 wrote:

did you know that DTS lost to solar blue 1-4 and solar blue lost to Gall 0-6 and Gall won the Carey tournament in final over Solar Red?

That was 2 months ago, and a month later they got shot-out by Solar in the finals of the ASG Adidas.... DTS has been consistent for almost 2 years and should still be a top 5 team. Densk/Gall?... 5-10 in my opinion.
cholo14
cholo14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 7/5/2011, 6:01 pm

lovescr01 wrote:

There you go.... this is something I didn't know. I haven't heard much from Solar (Partain) lately, and believe the Wizards had a decent tourney in mid June... Do you know what's up with these 2 teams?
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovescr01 7/5/2011, 6:59 pm

cholo14 wrote:
lovescr01 wrote:

That was 2 months ago, and a month later they got shot-out by Solar in the finals of the ASG Adidas.... DTS has been consistent for almost 2 years and should still be a top 5 team. Densk/Gall?... 5-10 in my opinion.

there you go. boys at this age have ups and downs. inconstency is expected. I don't take 1-4 loss as "consistent". i admit DTS is a good team. but i am not sure they have been consistent -- they havne't won atourney yet this summer if i remember correctly.

lovescr01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next