Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

top 01 teams? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

top 01 teams?

+65
ojo
burnthestar
Sprint
cowpukesfan
Tornado01
soccer77
rustynail11
Amidoinitrite?
futbolista
cholo14
lovescr01
cds3
ddearen
Soccerismylife
getafe01
Sporting01
coachdom
snp
JukeEm
finish1
Offside
hammer
PG-Boy
BAFANA BAFANA
rdg
Soccerdad79
dcrawl
txsoccer11
hunden97
Wildcat44
Durty-Tackle
Axxman
GK2
staywide
steamers12
01sonsoccer
jack0fspeed
trblmkr
SDadX2
merlin
creeper
jstply
chad85
Majortom
FGFF
soccerkix
mplsnsg
NoLo
rantnrave
slampg
cts
anselansel
zemiblast
t5house
futboleros
new_texans
scrdad
SEAOTTER
Galagtic
wolverine
stk1
balin1971
siete7
STXGALAXY
0105BOYS
69 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

top 01 teams? - Page 2 Empty Re: top 01 teams?

Post by rantnrave 1/25/2011, 11:21 am

slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
Sorry, but I must disagree with your analysis.

So where did I go wrong? What's out of place? Who did I miss on?

Just the order is where I have issues.

What order would you put them in? The only one on the top teams that I might move up is Texans South... They've been in great form lately.

Solar-Red
DTS-(been winning tournaments without a goalie that is full time)/Andromeda, these two Teams are very close
FWFC
FCD-Premier
DT-Densk
OC-Wizards
TFC-Rangell
Solar-Partain

Last edited by rantnrave on 1/25/2011, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add)

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/25/2011, 11:26 am

rantnrave wrote:
slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

What order would you put them in? The only one on the top teams that I might move up is Texans South... They've been in great form lately.

Solar-Red
DTS-(been winning tournaments without a goalie that is full time)/Andromeda, these two Teams are very close
FWFC
FCD-Premier
DT-Densk
OC-Wizards
TFC-Rangell
Solar-Partain

I agree on DTS, they have been looking great. I disagree on FWFC, Wizards and TFC Angell. They're all solid, but are not in the same league as the top teams.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 1/25/2011, 11:46 am

slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

Solar-Red
FWFC
FCD-Premier
DT-Densk
OC-Wizards
TFC-Rangell
Solar-Partain

I agree on DTS, they have been looking great. I disagree on FWFC, Wizards and TFC Angell. They're all solid, but are not in the same league as the top teams.

I edited my initial post and put Wizards and TFC Teams in there. I thought they should be included.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/25/2011, 3:13 pm

rantnrave wrote:
slampg wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

Solar-Red
FWFC
FCD-Premier
DT-Densk
OC-Wizards
TFC-Rangell
Solar-Partain

I edited my initial post and put Wizards and TFC Teams in there. I thought they should be included. [/quote]

None of the teams you added have consistently beaten the top guys which is why I listed them as up and comers - good but not quite proven to be top quality.... yet.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoLo 1/26/2011, 10:15 am

DTS has gained some additional talent this winter that may pull them away from the pack.

NoLo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/26/2011, 10:40 am

NoLo wrote:DTS has gained some additional talent this winter that may pull them away from the pack.

They're a really good team that plays an attractive game... but I wouldn't hold my breath on pulling away from anyone at the top. The other top teams are also generally attracting additional talent as kids (or more likely parents) position for the qualifying tourneys this summer and the clubs finish up their consolidations at the top. Gonna be a fun spring!
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mplsnsg 1/26/2011, 11:03 am

i am with reggie

mplsnsg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkix 1/26/2011, 11:24 am

NoLo wrote:DTS has gained some additional talent this winter that may pull them away from the pack.

I have to agree that DTS has been playing some good ball recently and their recent additions have only made them stronger. All they are in need of is a full time goalie. Their recent wins have been with part time goalies and the DT South 02 goalie. Not bad at all.
soccerkix
soccerkix
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 1/26/2011, 1:54 pm

mplsnsg wrote:i am with reggie

And I want the rest of you cowboys to know something, there's a new sheriff in town. And his name is Reggie Hammond. So y'all be cool. Right on.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 1/26/2011, 6:23 pm

Have seen most but not all of the teams mentioned in this thread play. Judging from what I have seen, I think Solar Red is probably the best right now. Very unselfish play. They move the ball around very well.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 1/26/2011, 10:56 pm

slampg wrote:

They're a really good team that plays an attractive game... but I wouldn't hold my breath on pulling away from anyone at the top. The other top teams are also generally attracting additional talent as kids (or more likely parents) position for the qualifying tourneys this summer and the clubs finish up their consolidations at the top. Gonna be a fun spring!

Totally agree. All top teams are adding depth and/or optimizing their rosters (replacing players).

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stk1 1/27/2011, 10:52 am

I would go:

Andromeda Red
Solar Red
Texans South
FCD Premier
Texans Densk

Solar Partain
Sao Paolo
FWFC
TFC Angell
Andromeda Molomo

OC Wizards
Texans Wolf
Liverpool Pedroso
Liverpool Callaghan
FCD Waters (should get stronger with kids who don't make Premier)

stk1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/31/2011, 3:01 pm

stk1 wrote:I would go:

Andromeda Red
Solar Red
Texans South
FCD Premier
Texans Densk

Solar Partain
Sao Paolo
FWFC
TFC Angell
Andromeda Molomo

OC Wizards
Texans Wolf
Liverpool Pedroso
Liverpool Callaghan

First, Andromeda Red is two teams, both competitive in D1 against the other top teams. The A team is more talented (obviously), but he second side is very strong as well - maybe a half step behind.

Second, I'm not sure if you've actually seen any of these teams play, but your tier two is WAY off. Neither Sao Paolo, FWFC or TFC Angell has been competitive (let alone won) against any of the top teams... not even close. Go up to Got Soccer and take a look. They are consistent losers to the stronger teams and only win some against the weaker half of SDL D1 - which is about the same as the top D2 teams. They should all be grouped with that lower tier you identified (Wizards, Wolf and the Liverpoool teams). Anything else is just wishful thinking.

Also, I didn't mention Molomo as they don't exist anymore... They've been folded into the Andro Red team which should help their second team as a competitive (but not quite top) D1 team.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stk1 1/31/2011, 3:55 pm

slampg wrote:

Andromeda Red
Solar Red
Texans South
FCD Premier
Texans Densk

Solar Partain
Sao Paolo
FWFC
TFC Angell
Andromeda Molomo

OC Wizards
Texans Wolf
Liverpool Pedroso
Liverpool Callaghan

First, Andromeda Red is two teams, both competitive in D1 against the other top teams. The A team is more talented (obviously), but he second side is very strong as well - maybe a half step behind.

Second, I'm not sure if you've actually seen any of these teams play, but your tier two is WAY off. Neither Sao Paolo, FWFC or TFC Angell has been competitive (let alone won) against any of the top teams... not even close. Go up to Got Soccer and take a look. They are consistent losers to the stronger teams and only win some against the weaker half of SDL D1 - which is about the same as the top D2 teams. They should all be grouped with that lower tier you identified (Wizards, Wolf and the Liverpoool teams). Anything else is just wishful thinking.

Also, I didn't mention Molomo as they don't exist anymore... They've been folded into the Andro Red team which should help their second team as a competitive (but not quite top) D1 team.

I've seen them all play plenty, but I'm not sure what your argument is since you named FWFC, TFC Angell and the old Molomo group as the next five 'up and comers' yourself in an earlier post on this thread. I understand the hate on Sao Paolo's sportsmanship, but they have recent losses of 5-3 to FCD Premier, 2-1 to Texans South, and a shootout loss to Solar Partain. Those are competitive results in my book. They may not beat any of the top 6, but none of the next group do, either.

stk1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 1/31/2011, 4:21 pm

stk1 wrote:
slampg wrote:

Andromeda Red
Solar Red
Texans South
FCD Premier
Texans Densk

Solar Partain
Sao Paolo
FWFC
TFC Angell
Andromeda Molomo

OC Wizards
Texans Wolf
Liverpool Pedroso
Liverpool Callaghan

I've seen them all play plenty, but I'm not sure what your argument is since you named FWFC, TFC Angell and the old Molomo group as the next five 'up and comers' yourself in an earlier post on this thread. I understand the hate on Sao Paolo's sportsmanship, but they have recent losses of 5-3 to FCD Premier, 2-1 to Texans South, and a shootout loss to Solar Partain. Those are competitive results in my book. They may not beat any of the top 6, but none of the next group do, either.

First, when I talked up and comers, I didn't seperate a second and third group as I really don't see much seperation between them as your list would indicate. Also, when I mentioned "old Molomo", I was really talking about the second Andromeda team... They are one and the same now.

I am going to eat crow and agree with you on the FWFC team - half a step below top teams, but close. Went back and looked and they came on strong and really played well in the second half of the SDL season last fall (earlier in the season when I watched them play, they really struggled in several areas so kudos to them).

On SPSC, I could care less about the recent posts - although they really were funny. I've seen them play the Wolf team twice, both times to draws. That puts them in that group at best in my book. Too bad they don't play SDL or any top tournaments where they would play real competition.

And lastly, watch out for FC Dallas Waters this spring. They are NOT getting FCD Premier leftovers (Premier poached several Waters players but that has stopped). With the kids they've added recently and the ones coming back, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they aren't breaking into the top team group by end of spring season and definitely by qualifying time.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by balin1971 2/1/2011, 2:44 pm

slampg wrote:
stk1 wrote:
slampg wrote:

Andromeda Red
Solar Red
Texans South
FCD Premier
Texans Densk

Solar Partain
Sao Paolo
FWFC
TFC Angell
Andromeda Molomo

OC Wizards
Texans Wolf
Liverpool Pedroso
Liverpool Callaghan

First, when I talked up and comers, I didn't seperate a second and third group as I really don't see much seperation between them as your list would indicate. Also, when I mentioned "old Molomo", I was really talking about the second Andromeda team... They are one and the same now.

I am going to eat crow and agree with you on the FWFC team - half a step below top teams, but close. Went back and looked and they came on strong and really played well in the second half of the SDL season last fall (earlier in the season when I watched them play, they really struggled in several areas so kudos to them).

On SPSC, I could care less about the recent posts - although they really were funny. I've seen them play the Wolf team twice, both times to draws. That puts them in that group at best in my book. Too bad they don't play SDL or any top tournaments where they would play real competition.

And lastly, watch out for FC Dallas Waters this spring. They are NOT getting FCD Premier leftovers (Premier poached several Waters players but that has stopped). With the kids they've added recently and the ones coming back, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they aren't breaking into the top team group by end of spring season and definitely by qualifying time.
I agreed about FC Dallas Waters. In my opinion this team will be a great surprise for the next season in SDL and CAL probably not a top team but really close. Like you said slampg Waters team is not getting leftovers from premier also Waters team will be a premier team for themselves.

balin1971
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by balin1971 2/1/2011, 2:52 pm

Jon Waters is a coach that work with all kind of kids not only the "best ones". He really helps the kids to development in soccer and he's great teaching skills, he's not a recruiter like Mark Snell, even me would be a "great coach" if I get the best boys from each FC Dallas team. Twisted Evil

balin1971
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chad85 2/1/2011, 4:09 pm

Anybody knows who is coaching the Andromeda team to select? I heard Paolo Richeti was coaching on the weekend, but the website shows Thomas Harju?? Interested in Practice days and times.

chad85
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 2/1/2011, 4:18 pm

Jon Waters is rebuilding. He's picked up some skilled players. He seems to be doing a good job of recruiting this season. Should be interesting...
The Texan Wolf team is probably the strongest D2 team last season. Anyone knows if they are coming over to D1 in spring? And how about Liverpool Callaghan, D1 also? Is Molomo going to have an 01 team with Liverpool. I saw somewhere that Liverpool is trying to start a new 01B team.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 2/1/2011, 4:23 pm

balin1971 wrote:Jon Waters is a coach that work with all kind of kids not only the "best ones". He really helps the kids to development in soccer and he's great teaching skills, he's not a recruiter like Mark Snell, even me would be a "great coach" if I get the best boys from each FC Dallas team. Twisted Evil

This is so true. I don't think you should be labeled as a great coach just because you have the best players. This is true for Snell and also Gall. I have seen what Waters did with Studio Brazil and it must have been good to catch the eye of FC Dallas.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by balin1971 2/1/2011, 7:20 pm

chad85 wrote:Anybody knows who is coaching the Andromeda team to select? I heard Paolo Richeti was coaching on the weekend, but the website shows Thomas Harju?? Interested in Practice days and times.
Thomas is not working anymore with the 01 boys. Jose Maria Bazan will be coaching one team with the players that he is going to choose, this will be the 1st team and Pablo Richeti will be coaching the rest in the 2nd team. Call the manager where you found the Thomas Harju information and he will tell you the practice days and times.

balin1971
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 2/2/2011, 12:50 pm

rantnrave wrote:
I edited my initial post and put Wizards and TFC Teams in there. I thought they should be included.
TFC???? Unless they have picked up additional skilled players, I would not include them as a top team. I think don't think they could beat some of the top D2 teams.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 2/2/2011, 12:53 pm

jstply wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
TFC???? Unless they have picked up additional skilled players, I would not include them as a top team. I think don't think they could beat some of the top D2 teams.

Agree -- I don't think I have ever seen TFC beat what most people agree would be a top team, or really even play one closely. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen or heard about it.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 2/3/2011, 7:51 am

jstply wrote:Jon Waters is rebuilding. He's picked up some skilled players. He seems to be doing a good job of recruiting this season. Should be interesting...
The Texan Wolf team is probably the strongest D2 team last season. Anyone knows if they are coming over to D1 in spring? And how about Liverpool Callaghan, D1 also? Is Molomo going to have an 01 team with Liverpool. I saw somewhere that Liverpool is trying to start a new 01B team.

Rumour is that Wolf will stay in D2. They'll probably stay the class of the division but not quite a division 1 team... my guess is the couple of really strong players will end up moving to the Densk team or leave for greener pastures leaving a slightly less skilled team that still plays with a lot of heart.

If Pablo R takes the Andro Red second team select, watch out - they'll definitely be in the top team discussions going forward (especially with the pick-up of a bunch of the better Molomo boys)! Also, I've seen him in practice and game situations and the boys really seem to respond well to him. Not all player to coach transitions work well, but this one seems to be.

Last edited by slampg on 2/3/2011, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 2/3/2011, 7:54 am

scrdad wrote:
jstply wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

Agree -- I don't think I have ever seen TFC beat what most people agree would be a top team, or really even play one closely. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen or heard about it.

I also agree... They have a couple really 'fun to watch' boys that keep them respectable, but they're missing too many parts to make a strong move up to the top.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by merlin 2/12/2011, 9:41 pm

slampg wrote:With my 01 bb having played on a couple of the top teams and against all the others, I think I've seen most of them play recently. Here's my list going into the spring season...

Solar Red
Andro Bazan
FC Dallas Premier
Texans Densk
Texans South
Solar Partain (falling?)

Up and comers...
Andro Red 2 + old Molomo team (their second team)
TFC Regan
FC Dallas Waters
OC Wizards
FWFC

And going into the qualifying, I'm sure there will be a couple of surprises pop up as well... Should be fun!

funny how like with our 00 team you guys want to consider our 01 team a 2nd tier team...
merlin
merlin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next