Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

top 01 teams? - Page 12 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

top 01 teams?

+65
ojo
burnthestar
Sprint
cowpukesfan
Tornado01
soccer77
rustynail11
Amidoinitrite?
futbolista
cholo14
lovescr01
cds3
ddearen
Soccerismylife
getafe01
Sporting01
coachdom
snp
JukeEm
finish1
Offside
hammer
PG-Boy
BAFANA BAFANA
rdg
Soccerdad79
dcrawl
txsoccer11
hunden97
Wildcat44
Durty-Tackle
Axxman
GK2
staywide
steamers12
01sonsoccer
jack0fspeed
trblmkr
SDadX2
merlin
creeper
jstply
chad85
Majortom
FGFF
soccerkix
mplsnsg
NoLo
rantnrave
slampg
cts
anselansel
zemiblast
t5house
futboleros
new_texans
scrdad
SEAOTTER
Galagtic
wolverine
stk1
balin1971
siete7
STXGALAXY
0105BOYS
69 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

top 01 teams? - Page 12 Empty Re: top 01 teams?

Post by slampg 7/12/2011, 11:04 am

jack0fspeed wrote:OK here's everyone's gotsoccer pages. Hopefully I have the FCD teams straight.

Gold
FC DALLAS 01 BLUE (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=202039&History=yes
FC DALLAS 01B CENTRAL (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=322670&History=yes
FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B PREMIER (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=202967&History=yes
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA LIVERPOOL 01 BOYS CALLAGHAN (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=291338&History=yes
TFC ANGELL 01 (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=250129&History=yes

Silver
COPPELL FC 01 (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=345607&History=yes
DALLAS COSMOS COSMOS 01B BLACK (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=109477&History=yes
FC DALLAS 01B WEST (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=410312&History=yes
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 01B - KEEGAN (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=292953&History=yes
OLYMPIANS 01B (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=424956&History=yes

Bronze
ANDROMEDA 01B VIDELA (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=313613&History=yes
FC DALLAS 01 RED (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=322897&History=yes
FC DALLAS 01 BOYS WHITE (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=169910&History=yes
NTX STRIKERS BLUE-CONTRERAS (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=358757&History=yes
TFC 01 BLUE (TXN) http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=203272&History=yes

Jack ... the problem with the gotsoccer rankings is that half these teams's rosters don't even come close to resembling the teams that played in leagues and tournaments several months ago. But I suppose that's why the Classic folks use King Tut to help them do their ranking.

In any event, good luck to all this weekend!

PS There's a thread specifically about the 01 King Tut teams. Head over there to provide predictions. Predictions page link

slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jack0fspeed 7/12/2011, 11:11 am

slampg wrote:Jack ... the problem with the gotsoccer rankings is that half these teams's rosters don't even come close to resembling the teams that played in leagues and tournaments several months ago. But I suppose that's why the Classic folks use King Tut to help them do their ranking.

PS There's a thread specifically about the 01 King Tut teams. Head over there to provide predictions. Predictions page link

You're right though ... it looks like putting Andro in Bronze might be the most egregious error ... assuming that team hasn't been decimated.

jack0fspeed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/12/2011, 11:15 am

jack0fspeed wrote:
slampg wrote:Jack ... the problem with the gotsoccer rankings is that half these teams's rosters don't even come close to resembling the teams that played in leagues and tournaments several months ago. But I suppose that's why the Classic folks use King Tut to help them do their ranking.

You're right though ... it looks like putting Andro in Bronze might be the most egregious error ... assuming that team hasn't been decimated.

They just took the King Tut schedule page down. I wonder if they're reworking the brackets or just a technical issue.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ojo 8/4/2011, 12:12 pm

DTS will be top team this season!

ojo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoLo 8/4/2011, 3:44 pm

ojo wrote:DTS will be top team this season!
Why do you say that?

NoLo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ojo 8/4/2011, 5:25 pm

[quote="NoLo"][quote="ojo"]DTS will be top team this season![/quote]Why do you say that?[/quote]

Because they know how to work the system.... Last PUMA Cup at the Sundays' games they invited my friend's son to play... Ooops! He is over 12!!

Shame on you DTS... Soccer is such a small world.

ojo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 8/4/2011, 7:40 pm

ojo wrote:
NoLo wrote:
Why do you say that?

Because they know how to work the system.... Last PUMA Cup at the Sundays' games they invited my friend's son to play... Ooops! He is over 12!!

Oh yeah I remember seeing him, nobody could stop him. I think he's the one that scored all the goals. Way to go DTS! It's alright DTS even without this "12" year old you will be one of the top teams this upcoming season.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ojo 8/5/2011, 6:04 am

[quote="creeper"][quote="ojo"][quote="NoLo"][quote="ojo"]DTS will be top team this season![/quote]Why do you say that?[/quote]

Shame on you DTS... Soccer is such a small world. [/quote]

Oh yeah I remember seeing him, nobody could stop him. I think he's the one that scored all the goals. Way to go DTS! It's alright DTS even without this "12" year old you will be one of the top teams this upcoming season. [/quote]

hahaha I thought you asked for facts!

ojo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just4kickz 8/5/2011, 10:27 am

ojo wrote:
NoLo wrote:
Why do you say that?

Ojo, you seem a bit bothered that they asked your friends bb & not yours. It's OK, maybe you will get the invite next tournament.
just4kickz
just4kickz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ojo 8/5/2011, 11:38 am

[quote="just4kickz"][quote="ojo"][quote="NoLo"][quote="ojo"]DTS will be top team this season![/quote]Why do you say that?[/quote]

Shame on you DTS... Soccer is such a small world. [/quote]

Ojo, you seem a bit bothered that they asked your friends bb & not yours. It's OK, maybe you will get the invite next tournament.[/quote]

Hahaha wrong againg, no bb on that bracket (U10 nor U13) why were you asking for facts if you get offended? I am not saying it was the team's fault... go and ask you coach why he invited the bb if he knew he was over the 12.

ojo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 8/5/2011, 1:12 pm

ojo wrote:
just4kickz wrote:
ojo wrote:
NoLo wrote:
Why do you say that?

Ojo, you seem a bit bothered that they asked your friends bb & not yours. It's OK, maybe you will get the invite next tournament.

Hahaha wrong againg, no bb on that bracket (U10 nor U13) why were you asking for facts if you get offended? I am not saying it was the team's fault... go and ask you coach why he invited the bb if he knew he was over the 12.

Ojo,

I am the one who was asking for facts so please give me some detailed ones. We have never used over aged players nor do we need to. We have been doing just fine with the same core group of boys. If you want to insinuate anything else then you need to provide some very detailed specifics. (who, what, when, where, how & WHY). Also, if you are so confident in what you are saying then why did you originally post this nonsense under the screen name "jlviera" and then delete it to repost it under Ojo? Yes, I saw the original before it was deleted. Since you want to post some facts, please post the facts behind this screen name change.

Wildcat44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coaches pet 8/5/2011, 1:19 pm

I am sure OJOke is trying stir things up right b4 the qualifying tournament. Rolling Eyes

coaches pet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 8/5/2011, 1:20 pm

Wildcat44 wrote: Ojo,

I am the one who was asking for facts so please give me some detailed ones. We have never used over aged players nor do we need to. We have been doing just fine with the same core group of boys. If you want to insinuate anything else then you need to provide some very detailed specifics. (who, what, when, where, how & WHY). Also, if you are so confident in what you are saying then why did you originally post this nonsense under the screen name "jlviera" and then delete it to repost it under Ojo? Yes, I saw the original before it was deleted. Since you want to post some facts, please post the facts behind this screen name change.

LOL! Busted. Embarassed

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ojo 8/5/2011, 1:30 pm

[quote="scrdad"][quote="Wildcat44"] Ojo,

I am the one who was asking for facts so please give me some detailed ones. We have never used over aged players nor do we need to. We have been doing just fine with the same core group of boys. If you want to insinuate anything else then you need to provide some very detailed specifics. (who, what, when, where, how & WHY). Also, if you are so confident in what you are saying then why did you originally post this nonsense under the screen name [color=darkred][u][b]"jlviera"[/b][/u][/color] and then delete it to repost it under Ojo? Yes, I saw the original before it was deleted. Since you want to post some facts, please post the facts behind this screen name change.[/quote]

LOL! Busted. :oops: [/quote]

Wildcat44 wrote:
Ojo,

I am the one who was asking for facts so please give me some detailed ones. We have never used over aged players nor do we need to. We have been doing just fine with the same core group of boys. If you want to insinuate anything else then you need to provide some very detailed specifics. (who, what, when, where, how & WHY). Also, if you are so confident in what you are saying then why did you originally post this nonsense under the screen name "scrdad" and then delete it to repost it under Ojo? Yes, I saw the original before it was deleted. Since you want to post some facts, please post the facts behind this screen name change.

YES I SAW THAT TOO!!!

ojo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 8/5/2011, 1:54 pm

ojo wrote:
scrdad wrote:
Wildcat44 wrote: Ojo,

LOL! Busted. Embarassed

Wildcat44 wrote:
Ojo,

I am the one who was asking for facts so please give me some detailed ones. We have never used over aged players nor do we need to. We have been doing just fine with the same core group of boys. If you want to insinuate anything else then you need to provide some very detailed specifics. (who, what, when, where, how & WHY). Also, if you are so confident in what you are saying then why did you originally post this nonsense under the screen name "scrdad" and then delete it to repost it under Ojo? Yes, I saw the original before it was deleted. Since you want to post some facts, please post the facts behind this screen name change.

YES I SAW THAT TOO!!!

Ojo,

Evil or Very Mad The best you can do is change the screen name reference from "jlviera" to "scrdad"? Just pitiful.

Wildcat44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ojo 8/5/2011, 2:49 pm

ok WildCat you got me - sorry it was I joke. I posted when I saw the original one dispear to..

ojo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 8/5/2011, 4:22 pm

ojo wrote:ok WildCat you got me - sorry it was I joke. I posted when I saw the original one dispear to..

You become even more of a joke with every post. You've now been busted for posting-then-deleting-and-reposting-under-a-new-name and intentional misrepresentation. What a valued member of this forum!

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 6/4/2012, 5:35 pm

I was bored so I took a trip down memory lane. Took a long time to re-read the string.

How time flies! Our little 01s aren't so little anymore.

When this string started, some were 9 year olds. Now they are up Pre-Academy.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by krowdkontrol 12/19/2012, 4:25 pm

We should update this thread with the New top teams in 01. Very Happy
krowdkontrol
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 12/19/2012, 9:47 pm

stk1 wrote:I would go:

Andromeda Red
Solar Red
Texans South
FCD Premier
Texans Densk

Solar Partain
Sao Paolo
FWFC
TFC Angell
Andromeda Molomo

"While everything changes, everything remains the same" - Aristotle

I re-read some of the original posts and then some of the posts in the middle. While overall, some of the opinions shuffled the teams a little, for the most part… the same Top 5-8 teams kept being mentioned. At random, I copied the quote from stk1. I could've quoted multiple posters so I'm not picking on any one poster.

So, here we are 2+ years fast forward, the SAME EXACT SUSPECTS lead the pack. The deck is shuffled periodically, but the same teams are CONSISTENT winners. Most of their losses are due to defeats to others in the same bunch. In no specific sequence, these teams kept being referenced over and over.

Solar Red (Oglesby)
Andromeda, then FCD Youth (Bazan) and now FCD Youth (Gentile)
DT Densk, then DT Gall, now DT Thornber
DTS (Adames)
FCD Premier (Snell), now Pino
Sao Paulo, then Titans, now Tx Lightning (Sampaio)
FWFC White (Guendouzi)
Solar Blue (Partain)

The following two current D1 teams weren't even in the "Top 10" picture 2+ years ago:
DT (Craft)
Boca Juniors, now Sporting United (Vega)

What does it all mean? Is it the coaches, managers, parents, or kids that create a consistently winning combination?

So I started thinking, 'why these teams'?;

(1) THE BOYS: You have to gather a solid core group of boys about age 8, maybe 9. Boys that ARRIVE to the team with years of refinement already under their belts. They may be little, but they've had the fortune of having a parent or two to channel their talent. A dad or mom that's spent the formative years between 4 and 8 shuttling their boy to countless indoor, futsal, rec soccer leagues, tournaments, camps, etc. They've invested in their boy, time and money. The effort is dedicated and channeled to the right coaches, camps and teams. It's not an accident these boys "FOUND" Snell, Bazan, Oglesby, Sampaio, Partain, Adames, Densk, and Guendouzi. Parents are not dummies. The best raw talent is delivered to the best coaches. The coaches don't own all the talent, but they've mined a rich vein of talent. The boys are very close after spending years together in all kinds of weather, birthday parties, pool parties, etc.

(2) THE COACH: You next need a coach with an eye for talent. A lot of kids show up to "try-out" or "train" with one of these coaches. Lucky for them, they have a lot of raw material to choose. But it's not as easy as it seems. The coaches have to make frequent hard decisions that break the hearts of little Johnny's and their parents. Thus, many of these coaches have a terrible reputation for being cold and uncaring. Rejected parents leave angry and hurt. I doubt it ever gets easier for the coaches because they receive a constant stream of kids to "trial". It's a double-edge sword. These coaches are clearly in charge of their team, not the parents. Any team that allows the parents to bully the manager or coach will not make it's way to the top. If you ever see a parent bully a coach without penalty, run. There can only be ONE clear leader. The coach.

(3) THE TEAM MANAGER: I'm willing to bet these teams consistently have the same manager even as they transition between leagues, coaches, and age divisions. They are the right-hand of the coach and the "go-between" with the parents. A solid manager communicates well, has thick skin, meticulously organized, collects money aggressively (but fairly) and takes no sh*t from the parents. Often the manager helps coach the team when the coach is absent. This manager is invisible to people external to the team. Within the team, they have a lot of "soft power" with the coach, parents, players and the club. The manager always knows his/her place with the team coach. Their boy is a solid contributor and starter, but not necessarily the team star. Outside the team, very few people can point to the team manager.

(4) THE CLUB: Contrary to some popular belief, the club organization does matter. This the reason very few independent teams can be found in the Top 5 across multiple age divisions. The big clubs have the facilities, coaches, websites, and all kinds of methods to recruit, train, and retain talent. Just like the grown-ups, the boys want to belong. They identify with their club, the crest and colors, for the most part.

(5) THE PARENTS: I saved the best for last. I bet the parents on each of these teams are like a tribe. They've developed a close kinship over the years. Especially the core group of parents that have been with the same team for 3, 4, and even 5 years. The boys are fortunate they have parents that have invested time and money (gasoline, tolls, uniforms, camps, equipment, club fees, tournament fees, hotels, etc.). The parents have "found" a team for their talented boy and have subsequently invested into the TEAM. They've circled the wagons to build a protective barrier around their coach, kids, and themselves. They are a tribe. Anyone that bad mouths their own coach or team will quickly find themselves ostracized, banished to the forest. Some tribes go extinct, some grow.

Choose your tribe carefully. Preferably when your bb is between age 8 and 9. Then invest in building the TEAM.

My hat is off to Snell, Oglesby, Densk, Bazan, Guendouzi, Sampaio, Partain, Vega, Adames and Craft. They built strong foundations for the current '01 Top Ten... 2-4 years ago. You're seeing the results today. The current '01 Classic League standings are exactly how I would rank the teams.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/21/2012, 2:20 pm

Interesting post. Seeing this from a U7 perspective -- the "tribes" of skilled little BB's are forming younger and younger.

Our 06's (coached by one of these coaches) have already played a bunch of soccer together. And I've seen some of the other coaches you listed with 05, 06, and even 07 teams (with a few 08's running around) already.

Who knows where they'll all end up (probably on baseball and football fields), but for now we have a fun, pretty tightly-knit group that appears to have a pretty good future.

Back to top Go down

Post by ESPN10 12/24/2012, 5:39 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers
footbull wrote:Interesting post. Seeing this from a U7 perspective -- the "tribes" of skilled little BB's are forming younger and younger.

Our 06's (coached by one of these coaches) have already played a bunch of soccer together. And I've seen some of the other coaches you listed with 05, 06, and even 07 teams (with a few 08's running around) already.

Who knows where they'll all end up (probably on baseball and football fields), but for now we have a fun, pretty tightly-knit group that appears to have a pretty good future.

ESPN10
ESPN10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 12/26/2012, 8:57 am

footbull wrote:Interesting post. Seeing this from a U7 perspective -- the "tribes" of skilled little BB's are forming younger and younger.

Those tribes started early for this same group. Many of the core players on these same teams were together since 5 or 6 years. The coaches that you may refer to are known to train the younger boys, some keep them as they get older. The U7's are nothing special. Not trying to rain on a parade. everyone gets sold the same bill of goods.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12