Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Cup Predictions - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Cup Predictions

+13
Real Barcelona
ShortCorner
mspan02
goscore!
Rooneyhasplugs
cowpukesfan
Ibystander
go99
my2cents
R1
PG-Boy
omega striker
finish1
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dallas Cup Predictions - Page 3 Empty Re: Dallas Cup Predictions

Post by 78Comet 4/1/2013, 3:01 pm

Yes more often than not this is precisely the case. On occasion we see a domestic team do well at the older age groups, but in general the rest of the world has a completely different attitude towards the sport beyond the age of 14.

Jules

78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/1/2013, 3:13 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:My conclusion is that this year the Socal teams dominated at younger age groups but once our kids hit puberty or beyond, they are no competition for the foreign teams. I am not sure if this is always the case though.
well cali might not have won every age group but they won the U13 an U14 group and were also in the finals in the U15,U16 and U17 age groups and their U19's made the semis so not bad in my book Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/1/2013, 3:17 pm

78Comet wrote:Yes more often than not this is precisely the case. On occasion we see a domestic team do well at the older age groups, but in general the rest of the world has a completely different attitude towards the sport beyond the age of 14.

Jules
I would guess this is the age where the top players/athletes turn to baseball,football,basketball etc....Crying or Very sad
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/1/2013, 3:33 pm

omega striker wrote:
78Comet wrote:Yes more often than not this is precisely the case. On occasion we see a domestic team do well at the older age groups, but in general the rest of the world has a completely different attitude towards the sport beyond the age of 14.

Jules
I would guess this is the age where the top players/athletes turn to baseball,football,basketball etc....Crying or Very sad

this is the rub, here you lose those kids at that age, around the world they don't...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 4/1/2013, 3:47 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Jules

this is the rub, here you lose those kids at that age, around the world they don't...
I wonder if the Chinese sit around and come up with excuses on why they are so bad at soccer? scratch Most of our athletes start playing ping pong, badminton, diving, fast walking...
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/1/2013, 4:06 pm

well soccer is certianly not the biggest sport in Japan either so not sure about the losing athletes argument. And how does that explain Socal/ Do they not lose athletes in California?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/1/2013, 4:19 pm

people still play baseball?

Eh...I guess we need something for the 12 year olds with man boobs who don't like to run and show up for games with super sized slurpees something to do...

people need to get over their soccer inferiority complex...just because some kid may excel at another sport doesn't make them a better 'athlete'...

NTX alone has more registered players than half the countries in Europe.

The pool of 'sufficient soccer athletes' ain't the problem.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/18/2014, 7:59 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:My conclusion is that this year the Socal teams dominated at younger age groups but once our kids hit puberty or beyond, they are no competition for the foreign teams. I am not sure if this is always the case though.

AND WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW?
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/18/2014, 8:00 pm

omega striker wrote:
well cali might not have won every age group but they won the U13 an U14 group and were also in the finals in the U15,U16 and U17 age groups and their U19's made the semis so not bad in my book Cool
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 4/18/2014, 8:22 pm

Based on what I saw I think that the SoCal teams always bring a deeper bench to try and win the DCup. I saw nothing that indicated extraordinarily better futbol. It shows late in games and deeper into the tourney. They come to win. Only a few of he NTX do this. I know my BBs coach said we are going to play with the team that got is here. And what that got us is a short bench and it showed.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/18/2014, 9:03 pm

striker6 wrote:Based on what I saw I think that the SoCal teams always bring a deeper bench to try and win the DCup. I saw nothing that indicated extraordinarily better futbol. It shows late in games and deeper into the tourney. They come to win. Only a few of he NTX do this. I know my BBs coach said we are going to play with the team that got is here. And what that got us is a short bench and it showed.

heads up striker! i revived a 2013 thread lol but THANK YOU FOR ACKNOWLEDGING THAT NTX TEAMS DON'T GO ALL OUT FOR THE "W". IF WE DID, WE WOULD BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE  bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 4/18/2014, 9:47 pm

Don't mind me SDR I'm grinding my own axe.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/19/2014, 12:03 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
where did your team finish? Suspect 

as of right now here are the results

U13- 1 ntx advanced but lost in the qtr final 1 cali advanced and is in the finals

U14- 2 Cali teams advanced 0 ntx advanced but wizards got that crazy break from that outside tourney to put them in the semis and they won and are in finals great for them

U15- 1 ntx solar red made the semis 1 cali team advanced

U16- 3 cali teams and 4 ntx teams advanced with a cali vs ntx final  cheers 

U17- 3 ntx and 1 cali team advanced still waiting to play semis though

super U17s- 1 cali team advanced 0 ntx

U19- 0 cali teams and 4 ntx teams advanced

super group- 0 cali and 0 ntx teams advanced

if for some reason anybody thinks any of these teams dont play to win then your smoking diesel  lol! 

one other thing looks like our academy and PA teams werent so elite especially at the younger ages  Wink 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/19/2014, 12:12 am

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:

U13-  1 ntx advanced but lost in the qtr final  1 cali advanced and is in the finals

U14-  2 Cali teams advanced  0 ntx advanced but wizards got that crazy break from that outside tourney to put them in the semis and they won and are in finals great for them

U15-  1 ntx solar red made the semis   1 cali team advanced

U16- 3 cali teams and 4 ntx teams advanced  with a cali vs ntx final  cheers 

super U17s-  1 cali team advanced 0 ntx

U19-  0 cali teams and 4 ntx teams advanced

super group-  0 cali and 0 ntx teams advanced

if for some reason anybody thinks any of these teams dont play to win then your smoking diesel  lol! 

one other thing looks like our academy and PA teams weren't so elite especially at the younger ages  Wink 

my team tied cali team and lost to finalist 1-0 Sad not horrible lol
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/19/2014, 12:35 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:

U13-  1 ntx advanced but lost in the qtr final  1 cali advanced and is in the finals

U14-  2 Cali teams advanced  0 ntx advanced but wizards got that crazy break from that outside tourney to put them in the semis and they won and are in finals great for them

one other thing looks like our academy and PA teams weren't so elite especially at the younger ages  Wink 

my team tied cali team and lost to finalist 1-0 :(not horrible lol
but finished dead last in their bracket sir and didnt win a game! not what you would expect from an elite team  No     I am glad to see ntx teams doing well in the older age group though now I do believe we have alot of talent here and have some quality coaches sprinkled here and there but somewhere our system fails to produce somehow you cant possibly tell me the east coast and cali are the only places to find the best talent hell no i dont buy that one bit but what i do believe is those areas do a better job of showcasing/promoting their talent instead of fighting over it and holding them back!  Crying or Very sad
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/19/2014, 12:20 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:

but finished dead last in their bracket sir and didnt win a game! not what you would expect from an elite team  No        I am glad to see ntx teams doing well in the older age group though now I do believe we have a lot of talent here and have some quality coaches sprinkled here and there but somewhere our system fails to produce somehow you cant possibly tell me the east coast and cali are the only places to find the best talent hell no i dont buy that one bit but what i do believe is those areas do a better job of showcasing/promoting their talent instead of fighting over it and holding them back!  Crying or Very sad

OMEGA, during my short time on the forum, I have enjoyed SOME of your intelligent observations. You clearly have an axe to grind and are not being objective. You can yell from the roof tops "BUT FINISHED DEAD LAST IN THEIR BRACKET" until you are blue in the face. LMAO It doesn't changed the fact that those 13 year old boys played their hearts out and tied the Cali teams you so worship. If the 13 year old boys you are crushing "in print" had played down to U13 bracket instead of up to u14 bracket you would praise them for dominating? Any sports fan, not just wise soccer veterans like your self, would not praise these same boys for whipping up on the u13 age bracket. They would instead call it, what it is!!! Bigger, faster boys, beating younger, yet still very skilled players. Elite, may be a stretch for some of the academy players, but against boys their own age they stack up extremely well. You also acknowledge with your statistics that as NTX boys mature, "NTX teams doing well in older age group though", we stack up well against the Cali Gods! Happy Easter  bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/19/2014, 1:19 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:

but finished dead last in their bracket sir and didnt win a game! not what you would expect from an elite team  No        I am glad to see ntx teams doing well in the older age group though now I do believe we have a lot of talent here and have some quality coaches sprinkled here and there but somewhere our system fails to produce somehow you cant possibly tell me the east coast and cali are the only places to find the best talent hell no i dont buy that one bit but what i do believe is those areas do a better job of showcasing/promoting their talent instead of fighting over it and holding them back!  Crying or Very sad

OMEGA, during my short time on the forum, I have enjoyed SOME of your intelligent observations. You clearly have an axe to grind and are not being objective. You can yell from the roof tops "BUT FINISHED DEAD LAST IN THEIR BRACKET" until you are blue in the face. LMAO It doesn't changed the fact that those 13 year old boys played their hearts out and tied the Cali teams you so worship. If the 13 year old boys you are crushing "in print" had played down to U13 bracket instead of up to u14 bracket you would praise them for dominating? Any sports fan, not just wise soccer veterans like your self, would not praise these same boys for whipping up on the u13 age bracket. They would instead call it, what it is!!! Bigger, faster boys, beating younger, yet still very skilled players. Elite, may be a stretch for some of the academy players, but against boys their own age they stack up extremely well. You also acknowledge with your statistics that as NTX boys mature, "NTX teams doing well in older age group though", we stack up well against the Cali Gods! Happy Easter  bounce bounce 
 lol!  settle down rookie!!!! you can polish it all you want but you know what it is and excuses are like $$$$$$ everybody has one lol jeeezz when are parents going to stop making their only this age excuse  Rolling Eyes  the cali thing is just fact this year is the first year ntx has done well in awhile the cali dig was actually started by another poster years back and its a direct stab at the ntx money makers aka club teams and not at the talent we have, but you to were also sold the same used car as we all have just open up your eyes sir  Wink 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/19/2014, 1:26 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:

lol!   settle down rookie!!!!   you can polish it all you want but you know what it is and excuses are like $$$$$$ everybody has one lol   jeeezz  when are parents going to stop making their only this age excuse  Rolling Eyes  the cali thing is just fact this year is the first year ntx has done well in awhile the cali dig was actually started by another poster years back and its a direct stab at the ntx money makers aka club teams and not at the talent we have, but you to were also sold the same used car as we all have just open up your eyes sir  Wink 

age is not an excuse. when the boys recently thrashed the overall younger fcd academy boys i didn't jump for joy. i acknowledged the advantage one had over the other. but i do now know what your "axe" is lol
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/19/2014, 1:34 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:

lol!   settle down rookie!!!!   you can polish it all you want but you know what it is and excuses are like $$$$$$ everybody has one lol   jeeezz  when are parents going to stop making their only this age excuse  Rolling Eyes  the cali thing is just fact this year is the first year ntx has done well in awhile the cali dig was actually started by another poster years back and its a direct stab at the ntx money makers aka club teams and not at the talent we have, but you to were also sold the same used car as we all have just open up your eyes sir  Wink 

age is not an excuse. when the boys recently thrashed the overall younger fcd academy boys i didn't jump for joy. i acknowledged the advantage one had over the other. but i do now know what your "axe" is lol
 Laughing  its all good sir  king 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/19/2014, 1:41 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Laughing  its all good sir  king 
of course it is! i do enjoy the debate though  bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3