Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS

+10
bootit
THE NEEDLE
John Terry
Pinknupe
finish1
happyfeet
Ibystander
soccerdad1
go99
14 posters

Go down

99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Empty 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS

Post by 99999999999 3/31/2010, 8:03 am

There is some talk on this on another thread but thought I would start a new one. No, the kids are not going to be studying for this test the night before but no matter how smart you are it is always nice to have a good night sleep before a big test and they have 2 days of TAKS testing back to back.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Empty Re: 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS

Post by go99 3/31/2010, 8:48 am

It's not the SAT or the ACT. It's a fairly easy test over information they have spent they year covering and had several opportunities to practice. The test is a cake walk and was never ment to be a difficult or tasking test. Simply designed to see if a student has learned over the year.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Empty Re: 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS

Post by soccerdad1 3/31/2010, 9:03 am

I'm sure thats why all the schools suspend extra curicular activities the nights before the test because its a cake walk. Classic must know something that the school systems don't. Should I assume you are a teacher go99?
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/31/2010, 9:36 am

soccerdad1 wrote:I'm sure thats why all the schools suspend extra curicular activities the nights before the test because its a cake walk. Classic must know something that the school systems don't. Should I assume you are a teacher go99?
Actually, TAKS is a cake walk. My bbs score 100 every time, which leads me to wonder about the level of education we have here. Are the tests hard enough, or are my kids Einsteins? I think it's the former. However, I wouldn't schedule games before what schools deem an important exam.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/31/2010, 9:39 am

No, I do understand the intent of the TAKS test. It was not designed or ever intended to be a difficult test. It was designed to determine a minimum acceptable standard of comprehension. It's just supposed to show that a kid learned what he was supposed to during the year. Schools spend too much effort stressing kids out about it, and not in the best interest of the kid but for the school. Go to bed early, get a good breakfast in, etc. Kids should always get a good rest and eat well. You spent the year learning the information, just relax and take the test. If you didn't, then a good nights sleep and food isn't going to teach it too you now. BTW CL has no vested interest in TAKS the school does. It is optional so you could always just skip the game.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 3/31/2010, 9:59 am

Schools stress out about it because they get evaluated on the passing rate.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/31/2010, 10:11 am

Our kids are athletes and their bodies are used to the physical exercise. Eat a high calorie, high fat meal after the game. Wake up the next morning and eat a high protein breakfast. Your little genius will do just fine! TAKS is meant to evaluate your child's learning over a long period of time. A soccer game the night before isn't going to drain their brain or zap their energy.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinknupe 3/31/2010, 10:56 am

TAks test is tough to do for my boy, it effects his soccer skills if he dont' do will. I hope it don't affect his game this weekend.
Pinknupe
Pinknupe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/31/2010, 11:08 am

Pinknupe wrote:TAks test is tough to do for my boy, it effects his soccer skills if he dont' do will. I hope it don't affect his game this weekend.

Let me guess, spelling and grammer are not strong points. Start by taking the arrows out of your mouth and eat more balanced meals. 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Fresse
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/31/2010, 11:21 am

Or start by working hard on learning the information over the entire year and don't just wait until TAKS time. BTW I don't worry about how TAKS will effect bb's game. If he is not doing great in school or on the TAKS, he will not have a game to go too.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 3/31/2010, 11:50 am

What happens if a player sustains an injury tonight? How well do you think they would do on the test? My son also does well on every TAKS and is in National Jr Honor Society but does not understand why a game would be scheduled the night before TAKS. This conflicts with the communication from the school district. Are we indirectly telling our kids that a game is more important than school. I think the league should honor a request to reschedule if one was made for this reason.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by John Terry 3/31/2010, 12:06 pm

Our team managers need to contact NORTH TEXAS SOCCER and get these games rescheduled. It specifically spells out in the rules that academics come first.
I do not see a problem with them scheduling the game the night AFTER the taks exam. I will contact our manager right now, I didn't even notice this issue until now.
John Terry
John Terry
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 3/31/2010, 12:51 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:What happens if a player sustains an injury tonight? How well do you think they would do on the test? My son also does well on every TAKS and is in National Jr Honor Society but does not understand why a game would be scheduled the night before TAKS. This conflicts with the communication from the school district. Are we indirectly telling our kids that a game is more important than school. I think the league should honor a request to reschedule if one was made for this reason.
While I agree they should try and take events like TAKs into consideration. Is that going to be practical for every age group and every major event? What about SAT exams?
The lists gets very long. I think if you as a parent feel that an 8pm soccer game will adversely affect your child you have alternatives, such as;
- kid doesn't play
- kid plays first half and goes home to get to bed early
- kid is not feeling well the following day and misses school. Takes make-up test.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 3/31/2010, 12:58 pm

NTSSA doesn't have anything to do with this schedule. You're manager will be wasting his/her time. The league is running out of make up dates and will more than likely not honor any requests for rescheduling.
The CL does try to take into account the SAT/ACT tests, as they actually are important to the students (versus the school).
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 3/31/2010, 1:21 pm

The TAKS tests are scheduled at the beginning of the school year-its not like they just scheduled it. The league should take this into consideration.
I understand they need to make up the games but how many are we really talking about that are being played. In the U14 age group they rescheduled 2 out of 9 games for Monday night with one starting at 8. Why not start them both at 6:30pm so the players can get home? Or just reschedule those 2 games for a different date. I would like to add that their are not any Solar,Texans, or FC Dallas teams scheduled the night before the TAKS in this age group 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Icon_smile.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 3/31/2010, 1:55 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:The TAKS tests are scheduled at the beginning of the school year-its not like they just scheduled it. The league should take this into consideration.
I understand they need to make up the games but how many are we really talking about that are being played. In the U14 age group they rescheduled 2 out of 9 games for Monday night with one starting at 8. Why not start them both at 6:30pm so the players can get home? Or just reschedule those 2 games for a different date. I would like to add that their are not any Solar,Texans, or FC Dallas teams scheduled the night before the TAKS in this age group 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Icon_smile.
So you're saying the big clubs get to pick and choose these game times?
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 3/31/2010, 1:56 pm

Scheduling is vastly more complicated than most people realize. The two primary considerations are obviously field availability and referee availability. For example, PHP has a contractual agreement to provide the league a certain number of fields for a certain number of days. Anything outside of that is at their whim (and unlikely). RC has only a certain number of lighted fields. Compounding that problem is trying to find referees for weekday nights.
If the league attempts to schedule around SAT, ACT, PSAT, TAKS (for all ages), AP and all the other "important" tests, it would make scheduling (with the anticipated and unanticipated rain outs) a logistical nightmare. I forgot to add certain coaching conflicts and showcase conflicts (for the older ages).
I think the league does an outstanding job scheduling the sheer numbers of games it does; and the gentleman who does it gets virtually no thanks, except by those of us who realize he stays up at odd hours trying to fit everything in. 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Icon_cheers
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas101 3/31/2010, 2:03 pm

No need to stress, the TAKS test is a performance gauge for the schools. It will not affect your childs future, and I've never heard of anyone not getting into the 6th grade due to a poor test grade. What's the big deal?

Texas101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbanul 3/31/2010, 8:32 pm

finish1 wrote:
Pinknupe wrote:TAks test is tough to do for my boy, it effects his soccer skills if he dont' do will. I hope it don't affect his game this weekend.

Let me guess, spelling and grammer are not strong points. Start by taking the arrows out of your mouth and eat more balanced meals. 99 Reschedule game - night before TAKS Fresse

lol!
wbanul
wbanul
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 3/31/2010, 10:21 pm

Texas101 wrote:No need to stress, the TAKS test is a performance gauge for the schools. It will not affect your childs future, and I've never heard of anyone not getting into the 6th grade due to a poor test grade. What's the big deal?

Your PART correct. Actually if your child is an "on level" kid, TAKS doesn't mean sh_t, just pass it. But if your child is an all Pre-AP Gifted and Talented kid, the TAKS needs to be aced or he could, and most likely will not be eligible for GT. If your happy with getting by it's simple. If your trying to excell, passing isn't good enough. Lucky for us our make up game is on the 14th. Good luck to those playing on the 5th.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by halfbaked 3/31/2010, 10:57 pm

So you are stressing over 8th grade Task testing. What is the kid going to do if he does not play, stare at video games until 10:00? Relax and stop looking for things to worry about. This is not a life changing event. In fact outside of Texas colleges have no idea what a TAKS test is.

halfbaked
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 4/1/2010, 8:40 pm

halfbaked wrote:So you are stressing over 8th grade Task testing. What is the kid going to do if he does not play, stare at video games until 10:00? Relax and stop looking for things to worry about. This is not a life changing event. In fact outside of Texas colleges have no idea what a TAKS test is.

Oh boy. Your missing the point. It's a domino effect. Good TAKS (or CATS or OST or whatever friggin state your in), better placement in classes. Better placement, more AP credits. More AP credits more acedemic scholarships. Half an acedemic scholarship, coupled with half an athletic scholarship (cuz my kid obviously isn't as good as yours who gets the full ride) less money at of centermiddads accounts. C'mon get with the program.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by halfbaked 4/1/2010, 10:38 pm

Let me guess.... I bet you lay out his clothes for him in the morning too...

halfbaked
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 4/2/2010, 5:59 pm

halfbaked wrote:Let me guess.... I bet you lay out his clothes for him in the morning too...
Quite the opposite. If my other two were half as responsible I would triple my free time. Besides, everyone knows that there is no way a dad can tell a 14 year old what to wear.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down