Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

State cup Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State cup

+8
Axxman
Eight-Ball
socmom3
omega striker
futbolesvida
2good4u
The German
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

State cup Empty State cup

Post by Guest 4/5/2010, 11:35 am

State cup will start may 1st. Do we know what teams are in ? What about that "there is No Guaranteed Number of Games" mentioned on the web site?? Is that direct elimination or bracket based tournament ?

Back to top Go down

State cup Empty Re: State cup

Post by 99999999999 4/5/2010, 12:45 pm

I heard from a few of the teams that because there is no guarantee of games and the high cost that some clubs are not participating in State Cup. Most teams are probably out of tournament money by now and parents are having a hard time laying out cash for May and June tournaments. Sounds like there are many kids that could guest play if needed.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/5/2010, 1:03 pm

99999999999 wrote:I heard from a few of the teams that because there is no guarantee of games and the high cost that some clubs are not participating in State Cup. Most teams are probably out of tournament money by now and parents are having a hard time laying out cash for May and June tournaments. Sounds like there are many kids that could guest play if needed.
Keep in mind roster freeze date April 16th.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 4/5/2010, 1:56 pm

correct me if I'm wrong: " there is no guest players" in state cup tourn. I heard some of the teams playing are: DT, DTS, Andro, SR, Solar, Comets, Barca, FC Suarez not sure about the rest....
2good4u
2good4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/5/2010, 2:18 pm

2good4u wrote:correct me if I'm wrong: " there is no guest players" in state cup tourn. I heard some of the teams playing are: DT, DTS, Andro, SR, Solar, Comets, Barca, FC Suarez not sure about the rest....
You are correct but people could ask for a release and switch teams in the last minute, now that the season is over.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/5/2010, 2:18 pm

2good4u wrote:correct me if I'm wrong: " there is no guest players" in state cup tourn. I heard some of the teams playing are: DT, DTS, Andro, SR, Solar, Comets, Barca, FC Suarez not sure about the rest....
Yummie !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolesvida 4/5/2010, 3:17 pm

Keep in mind that release would have to have taken place by April 1st and then have until April 16 for freezing of roster for state cup.

North Texas Release form states: (No releases from Competitive after April 1 of the soccer year)

futbolesvida
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/5/2010, 3:45 pm

The German wrote:
You are correct but people could ask for a release and switch teams in the last minute, now that the season is over.
but how many coaches would do that and have the kid he released possibly play against them? not likely to happen! State cup Icon_wink
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 4/5/2010, 3:55 pm

omega striker wrote:
The German wrote:
but how many coaches would do that and have the kid he released possibly play against them? not likely to happen! State cup Icon_wink

North Texas can issue a release stamped "for recreational play only" without the current coaches' permission or signature - IF all paperwork was in the NTX office by the April 1st deadline. This allows a player to start practicing and GUEST play in tournaments with another team prior to June 1st (only good in the case of a player who knows they are not returning to a team). It will not allow a player to transfer or move to another team's roster.
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/5/2010, 8:24 pm

socmom3 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
The German wrote:

North Texas can issue a release stamped "for recreational play only" without the current coaches' permission or signature - IF all paperwork was in the NTX office by the April 1st deadline. This allows a player to start practicing and GUEST play in tournaments with another team prior to June 1st (only good in the case of a player who knows they are not returning to a team). It will not allow a player to transfer or move to another team's roster.
yea i knew that but i was referring to the "release to competitive team" paperwork which would allow a player to get picked up before april 15th/16th and also play in the state cup! State cup Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 4/5/2010, 9:09 pm

omega striker wrote:
socmom3 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
The German wrote:

yea i knew that but i was referring to the "release to competitive team" paperwork which would allow a player to get picked up before april 15th/16th and also play in the state cup! State cup Suspect

...now that's nearly impossible...!! State cup Icon_cyclops
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 4/5/2010, 9:25 pm

I have heard that some already know the State Cup U11 brackets, anyone care to share the brackets?

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 4/5/2010, 10:48 pm

Not sure why the brackets are not posted yet. I remember seeing the seedings a couple weeks ago but I don't know what the heck I did with that info. I do know they were seeding based on results from first 10 games of the season. If I remember correctly, it went something like this;

Texans
Texans South
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Comets
Solar Red
Solar
Barcelona
?????????
?????????
Andromeda

It was three groups, first group had 3 teams (the group with Texans Craft in it also had the Andromeda team), and the other two groups had 4 teams. Not sure what Andromeda is doing in this tourny but they will not have too much fun. I'll see if I can dig up the info. tomorrow.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 4/6/2010, 8:02 am

Here you go;

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

Seeds should be based by end of season rankings but my understanding is they are not, but rather based on end of first half of season results.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/6/2010, 8:26 am

What is andro red doing in there?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 4/6/2010, 8:27 am

You mean Andro. I don't know, guess they owe the parents a tournament and want to donate some monies to ntssa.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/6/2010, 8:51 am

Axxman wrote:Here you go;

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

Seeds should be based by end of season rankings but my understanding is they are not, but rather based on end of first half of season results.
That really is a nice tournament. I can't wait to see those games, should be an awesome week-end. So, do we organize something for the parents (no, I don't want to scrimmage, I am talking about drinking !)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 4/6/2010, 3:35 pm

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

So how will playoffs be structured? Group 1 winner vs. Group 3 runner up; Group 2 winner vs. Group 3 winner?

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 4/6/2010, 3:48 pm

Eight-Ball wrote:

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

So how will playoffs be structured? Group 1 winner vs. Group 3 runner up; Group 2 winner vs. Group 3 winner?

Normally they would have Groups 1 and 2 as cross-brackets (each plays the three teams in the other group) and then the playoffs would be the top four point-getters total. However state cup tends to march to a different drummer so it's anyone's guess how they will structure it.

BTW - don't beat up perceived "lesser" teams for entering this tournament. Most know what they are getting into (especially from an established club like Andro) - they are just looking to see how they stand up to good competition. I think it would be interesting if more teams would enter state cup, but the prohibitive costs and the fact you may only get to play two games keeps all but the top teams away for the most part.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 4/6/2010, 3:51 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:
Eight-Ball wrote:

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

Normally they would have Groups 1 and 2 as cross-brackets (each plays the three teams in the other group) and then the playoffs would be the top four point-getters total. However state cup tends to march to a different drummer so it's anyone's guess how they will structure it.

BTW - don't beat up perceived "lesser" teams for entering this tournament. Most know what they are getting into (especially from an established club like Andro) - they are just looking to see how they stand up to good competition. I think it would be interesting if more teams would enter state cup, but the prohibitive costs and the fact you may only get to play two games keeps all but the top teams away for the most part.

Did not think of the cross-bracket approach - that would be a great way to do it.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 4/6/2010, 3:52 pm

The top team from each group advances, plus a wildcard. The wildcard is picked based on averaging (whatever that means?).

As to cornerkicks comment, Andro would likely withdraw based on the draw but their money is in without much chance of getting it back. If they want to see how they measure up, they can play Andro Red anytime. They are an improving team, but there is no purpose of playing Craft and Solar Red right now, trust me.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 4/6/2010, 4:01 pm

The cross bracket would be great. The way it's currently done does not make much sense. For starters, seeds are based on the first half of season results which is not of much use. But teams like Solar that have fallen in rankings would never agree to it cause it would affect them adversely. And secondly, that extra team makes the 3rd group more difficult as they each have to play an additional game compared to the other two groups. But common sense never wins out in these scenarios.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by only1one 4/6/2010, 8:51 pm

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

Usually there is always the number 1 team from West Texas that enters the tournament.
only1one
only1one
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/6/2010, 8:58 pm

only1one wrote:

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

Usually there is always the number 1 team from West Texas that enters the tournament.
so.........where they at? State cup Confused or any teams from STX? State cup Confused
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by only1one 4/6/2010, 9:12 pm

omega striker wrote:
only1one wrote:

Group 1
DT
Solar Red
Andromeda

Group 2
DTS
Comets
Gunners

Group 3
Andro Red
FCD Suarez
Solar
Barcelona

so.........where they at? State cup Confused or any teams from STX? State cup Confused

No south Texas teams. The west Texas leagues are a part of North Texas Soccer.
only1one
only1one
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next