Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

HS Playoffs Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

HS Playoffs

+14
Depor
omega striker
Seinfeld4
mjaatc
Laroja_2012
mspan02
soccerdadrandy
The Professor
randee42
SnookumsConCarne
finish1
Axxman
The German
True10
18 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

HS Playoffs Empty HS Playoffs

Post by finish1 3/23/2015, 2:27 pm

Let the games begin.

The Admin was kind enough to embed a playoff bracket on the Home page via MaxPreps. When UIL updates their bracket, it will automatically change the data on here. The Region 1 and 3 brackets are partially complete now.

Our school isn't listed yet, but we know our first game is Thursday vs Cedar Hill in Arlington. We are W7 and they are F8.

Best of luck. May the odds be ever in your favor! LOL!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

HS Playoffs Empty Re: HS Playoffs

Post by True10 3/23/2015, 3:00 pm

finish1 wrote:Let the games begin.

The Admin was kind enough to embed a playoff bracket on the Home page via MaxPreps. When UIL updates their bracket, it will automatically change the data on here. The Region 1 and 3 brackets are partially complete now.

Our school isn't listed yet, but we know our first game is Thursday vs Cedar Hill in Arlington. We are W7 and they are F8.

Coppell will not need luck.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/23/2015, 3:02 pm

Finish see you in Midland - hopefully.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 3/23/2015, 3:51 pm

Sounds like a couple of old timers are already counting their chickens.....

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/23/2015, 4:02 pm

I'm all about bird in hand. Chickens get slaughtered where I come from...

king
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 3/23/2015, 4:25 pm

True10 wrote:

True10 wrote:

Cedar Hill slid into the playoffs (THANKS MANSFIELD FOR BEATING MIDLOTHIAN!) Twisted Evil

Unfortunately, they have to play Coppell this Thursday.

Honestly Cedar Hill's chances are not good.
1. Defenders gave up too many PK points due to bone-headed fouls in the box.
2. Too much show-boating and holding the ball by the forwards or midfielders.
3. Coaching staff not helping defense by telling the boys to move up at let the opponents stay offsides. A parent in the stands had to do that (bless you sir) and sure enough, it worked.
4. No one follows up when we have scoring opportunities for second shoots. They just stand there looking like statues.
5. Defenders also hold the balls too long, trying to make a  cool soccer move. Twice it backfired where the opposing team stole the ball and killed our goalies.
6. No communication between the players on the field. They are too busy pointing fingers instead of working out the issues.
7. The only bright spot has to Cedar Hill's keeper.
That 6-2 lost to Grand Prairie could've easily been 13 or 14 to 2.
That's a lot of shots on goal.

If Cedar Hill pulls this off, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Pretty sure BB will hear a lot of light-natured smack talk from his Coppell teammates at practice this evening.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/23/2015, 4:50 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:
True10 wrote:[Coppell will not need luck.

Cedar Hill slid into the playoffs (THANKS MANSFIELD FOR BEATING MIDLOTHIAN!) Twisted Evil

3. Coaching staff not helping defense by telling the boys to move up at let the opponents stay offsides. A parent in the stands had to do that (bless you sir) and sure enough, it worked.
4. No one follows up when we have scoring opportunities for second shoots. They just stand there looking like statues.
5. Defenders also hold the balls too long, trying to make a  cool soccer move. Twice it backfired where the opposing team stole the ball and killed our goalies.
6. No communication between the players on the field. They are too busy pointing fingers instead of working out the issues.

Pretty sure BB will hear a lot of light-natured smack talk from his Coppell teammates at practice this evening.

Yes Cedar Hill does not stand a chance unless they play like they did at the beginning of the season. Still might lose be 6. But saying the keeper is the bright spot you must not have seen any other game this year including the last one. The only positive are freekicks within 25 yards everything else is bad. BTW Mansfield tied Midlo and that is the only reason Cedar Hill is in the playoffs.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 3/23/2015, 9:13 pm

True10 wrote:
SnookumsConCarne wrote:
True10 wrote:[Coppell will not need luck.

Yes Cedar Hill does not stand a chance unless they play like they did at the beginning of the season. Still might lose be 6. But saying the keeper is the bright spot you must not have seen any other game this year including the last one. The only positive are freekicks within 25 yards everything else is bad. BTW Mansfield tied Midlo and that is the only reason Cedar Hill is in the playoffs.

Been to all but 1 game.
Obviously you didn't.
Cedar Hill's goalie is very good.
Your observation is just that, your observation.
Good to know your Midlothian team tied Mansfield.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/24/2015, 3:06 pm

I am a Cedar Hill parent
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 3/24/2015, 4:02 pm

^ LOL. Maybe you guys can share a little popcorn at the game on Thursday!!!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/24/2015, 4:32 pm

True10 - how can Cedar Hill lose with a future NorthEastern State soccer stud on their team?

Cheering for CH since Coppell is all Andro and cannot cheer for them, now can I?
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/24/2015, 4:36 pm

Cheering for CH as well. Always supporting the underdogs.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/24/2015, 9:25 pm

Boyd should roll through to the Regional Quarters with ease. There will be lots of underdogs along the way. Good to know Gman will be cheering for them. LOL!

Psst- I know a bb on Coppell you can cheer for that doesn't play for Andro. Wink
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/24/2015, 11:20 pm

BB will not be playing. I will be cheering for CH and McKinney Boyd. I do like the underdogs but it is going to be tough. For those who do not know Grand Prairie can play and might surprise some people. Good luck to all especially the seniors for their last go around.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/25/2015, 6:53 am

Agreed on GP, and SGP for that matter. My picks going into the Regional Quarters are GP/Coppell and Boyd/SGP.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 3/25/2015, 11:41 am

finish1 wrote:Agreed on GP, and SGP for that matter. My picks going into the Regional Quarters are GP/Coppell and Boyd/SGP.

I think Coppell will meet Plano West in the second round. Plano West is no pushover and will give Coppell a great game. Plano West is a little more battle tested coming out of district 6-6A.
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 3/25/2015, 1:05 pm

Axxman wrote:^ LOL.  Maybe you guys can share a little popcorn at the game on Thursday!!!

LOL!
Nooooo!!!!
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/25/2015, 1:17 pm

The weather tomorrow night may be cool enough for a Steelers jacket. LOL! Go Cowboys!!!

We know Coppell will be challenged every match. The big question is will anyone be able to test Boyd. They are ranked #1 in the state and won the district that is arguably the most competitive in NTX.

They are the favorites to play STX in the Final.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/25/2015, 1:41 pm

finish1 wrote:The weather tomorrow night may be cool enough for a Steelers jacket. LOL! Go Cowboys!!!

We know Coppell will be challenged every match. The big question is will anyone be able to test Boyd. They are ranked #1 in the state and won the district that is arguably the most competitive in NTX.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Boyd parent and happy that they made it to the playoffs, however most of the games I saw (and I missed a few) Boyd didn't convince me. The best game was on Monday against Hebron which could have been easily 10-0 and Coppell is still the favorite for me never mind what the rankings show.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 3/25/2015, 2:15 pm

The German wrote:
finish1 wrote:The weather tomorrow night may be cool enough for a Steelers jacket. LOL! Go Cowboys!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am a Boyd parent and happy that they made it to the playoffs, however most of the games I saw (and I missed a few) Boyd didn't convince me. The best game was on Monday against Hebron which could have been easily 10-0 and Coppell is still the favorite for me never mind what the rankings show.

My son plays in the district with Boyd. I would agree with your assessment of Boyd.
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 3/25/2015, 11:01 pm

Hope we beat Keller on Friday so we can go up vs. Coppell and see what all the hype is about. BB also playing Dallas Cup so either way should be a fun week of soccer!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/26/2015, 7:19 am

My pick for the NTX to watch is Trophy Club Byron Nelson. They are the reigning 4A State Champs and have only given up 7 goals this season in their first year in 6A, winning district. They play Flower Mound tomorrow night at Dragon Stadium in Southlake.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Professor 3/26/2015, 9:14 am

Seinfeld4 wrote:
The German wrote:

My son plays in the district with Boyd.  I would agree with your assessment of Boyd.  

If you are not convinced by Boyd going undefeated and winning arguably the toughest district in the state I don't know what will convince you.  When you play quality sides almost every game you are not always going to dominate.  The level of competition goes a long way towards who looks good. You can style point Chelsea if you want but the bottom line is that they find different ways to win and I wouldn't pick against them.
The Professor
The Professor
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 3/26/2015, 9:27 am

Hey Professor...the guys giving you their opinion know their soccer and they are telling it like it is. But you are correct, that Boyd team is solid and comprised of some big (No...actually huge!) skilled boys. I'd argue that we should have beaten Boyd the 2nd time around but they turned it up a notch at the end and found a way to tie it up. It should come down to match-ups in the end but either way it should be fun and competitive. I've been pleasantly surprised with HS soccer, at least from what I've seen in our district.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/26/2015, 9:39 am

Don't get me wrong they get the results no doubt but I miss the dominant factor against the so-called weaker teams. I have the feeling we play down at times and not at our full potential. If we find a way to play like on Monday in the second half I will rest my case.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next