Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Genesis Tornament 96B Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Genesis Tornament 96B

+5
soccerdad1
necio75
centermiddad
soccermom040
Armadillo
9 posters

Go down

Genesis Tornament 96B Empty Genesis Tornament 96B

Post by Armadillo 6/5/2010, 2:47 pm

Tornados White 3-0 TFC
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Genesis Tornament 96B Empty Re: Genesis Tornament 96B

Post by soccermom040 6/6/2010, 9:25 pm

So what was the final? The site has DFW TOR listed and no other team for the final.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 6/6/2010, 10:03 pm

Stampede, with the 95's on thier team won the final in OT. Tornados dropped a ball back from thier defense to the keeper too high, the keeper fumbled it and let it in for an own goal. So Stampede won in OT without ever scoring a goal on their own and Tornados learned a great lesson. Was very hot, but the tourney was pretty cool.....
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by necio75 6/6/2010, 10:29 pm

Laughing whos 95 texas stampede they played hard and they didnt care they play in d2 or d1 they won the tournament

necio75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 6/6/2010, 10:49 pm

The coach from Stampede is listed as a coach on the Texans website. From what I hear, he will be possible be putting together a team for the Texans that will play in D2 or D3. The tornados probably played that team. Heard Stampede had an excellent keeper today.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 6/6/2010, 11:50 pm

95 players??? Genesis Tornament 96B Icon_rolleyes Get over it holmes, you got beat. You weren't this bitter when you lost to that PPL2 team a couple of weeks ago... wonder why?
Similar to what soccerdad stated, I heard Stampede will be no more and that the core is going Texans. So they probably did this tourney to see what the team would look like. I hate to see an independent team go away but from what I heard from others, the core was ready to move on to a higher level. Not a bad showing for these guys; looks like a lot of potential.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 6/7/2010, 7:56 am

soccermom040 wrote:95 players??? Genesis Tornament 96B Icon_rolleyes Get over it holmes, you got beat. You weren't this bitter when you lost to that PPL2 team a couple of weeks ago... wonder why?
Similar to what soccerdad stated, I heard Stampede will be no more and that the core is going Texans. So they probably did this tourney to see what the team would look like. I hate to see an independent team go away but from what I heard from others, the core was ready to move on to a higher level. Not a bad showing for these guys; looks like a lot of potential.

No bitterness "home girl". We applied to play in the 95 group, its what we wanted. It was a good physical game and we enjoyed it abunch.Not sure about them moving though, there were obviously several 96's on the team too, but its that time of year where folks are looking and coaches are lyi...., I mean recruiting. Genesis Tornament 96B Lol As for me, I am ready for some shade and rest before tryouts and two a days. Has it been a year already???
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 6/7/2010, 8:01 am

Oh I dont hear any bitterness, but I was at the tournament check in table when Stampede was checking in and the girl was questioning their 95 players playing in the 96 bracket. The coach told the lady "you didnt have a 95 bracket for us to play in". The lady says "oh yea", have a good tournament. Stampede has some big, fast players and they do play physical getting many fouls called on their defenders. Overall a good match for the Tornados/
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by necio75 6/7/2010, 1:50 pm

i don!t know why the people cry when a team from plano league beat a classic team hoever they won and they gona play division 3 with texans club good luck boys Very Happy

necio75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 6/7/2010, 7:10 pm

necio75 wrote:i don!t know why the people cry when a team from plano league beat a classic team hoever they won and they gona play division 3 with texans club good luck boys Very Happy
Are they going to also sneak those 95's into U15 D3 next year?
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 6/8/2010, 7:42 am

necio75 wrote:i don!t know why the people cry when a team from plano league beat a classic team hoever they won and they gona play division 3 with texans club good luck boys Very Happy
Don't see anyone crying here, had there been a 95 bracket the Tornados would have played up. It was a good physical match and Tornados keeper mishandled a ball passed back to him by the defender and the ball went in the goal during second overtime.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 6/8/2010, 10:06 am

I'm not here to set the story straight, but rather to cast in some doubt.

I was not at the check-in table when Stampede was checking in, and so I can't comment on whether Armadillo heard it straight, or possibly misheard what was said. As reported above, there were several 'new' players at that tournament for Stampede, a few I saw for the first time. So I do not know every one of the players and cannot personally vouch for their age.

But...I do know some of the new players, and can state for a fact that those players were playing with other Classic teams in the '96 age division. And I can also state that the team very directly told us that every player was a '96 and that (pending what happens on July 1) they hope to field each of those players on their team in U15 next season.

And I'll also state that I've known the coach and team manager for several years now, going all the way back to rec days, and I would never believe for a moment that they would ever knowingly try to field illegal players - nor would the club to which they are headed ever permit that to occur. They had far more opportunity to bend the rules when they were an independent, but despite all the competitive disadvantages of being an independent, they always played it straight up.

So I'm certain that come this fall, the team that they field will be ready to play, competitive, and all '96's. I wish the team well going forward.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txstampede96 6/8/2010, 11:03 am

I'm here to set the story straight.
Armadillo, when we checked in the team, a young man (not a girl) helped us and no word of a 95 age group came up. So I'm not sure whose conversation you were listening to but it was not mine. We had a girls team checking-in to the left of us, Liverpool 96 boys to the right of us. No other teams were checking-in at the time.
Our guest players were from various teams and all 96 boys with a long track record of playing in Classic since U11.
The team at this moment will be in D3 but as June goes on and depending on recruiting, things may change. I'm proud of the boys play over the weekend. They did not have any practice time together so to win the tourney against a good team like Tornados shows the potential our new Texans team will has.
txstampede96
txstampede96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 6/8/2010, 5:25 pm

Well, I stand corrected and now not sure who was at the table checking in, but sure thought it was Stampede. Good luck coach you should do well with that group of players as they "gel" as a team.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 6/8/2010, 9:46 pm

Wow, they will certainly do well in D3. That keeper is huge and saved their bacon several times Sunday, and the the two brothers, I believe twins, really added a nice balance in the front and the back. It was quite obvious Stampede was not the same team that allowed 11 goals in the Carey, practices or not.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer geek 6/8/2010, 10:53 pm

Yep, obviously an improved squad from last season in Plano (and the season before when I believe they were relagated out of D3). The Texans seem to be stirring up the Red West and White teams (and probably Red North as well) and mixing / matching players to new teams from what I can tell. Are some of those players falling to the TX Stampede now that you have signed up to be assimilated into the empire (thereby probably tripling your club dues)? Genesis Tornament 96B Icon_smile
soccer geek
soccer geek
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 6/9/2010, 1:00 am

centermiddad wrote:Wow, they will certainly do well in D3. That keeper is huge and saved their bacon several times Sunday, and the the two brothers, I believe twins, really added a nice balance in the front and the back. It was quite obvious Stampede was not the same team that allowed 11 goals in the Carey, practices or not.

BTW- To set the record even straighter...

I imagine that you meant that the 'new' Stampede did not resemble the team that competed in the Carey, in quality of play. You're right that it wasn't the same team - at all. There's a team out of Denton called the Stampede, which played in the Carey. They played in Plano two years ago, but I don't know where they played this past year.

Then there's a team (formerly) out of Lewisville-Flower Mound called the Texas Stampede, which had not played in the tournament circuit for a while, until last weekend at Genesis.

The identity of the two teams seems to get confused often. I suppose that will all change starting next season.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 6/9/2010, 7:46 am

soccer geek wrote:Yep, obviously an improved squad from last season in Plano (and the season before when I believe they were relagated out of D3). The Texans seem to be stirring up the Red West and White teams (and probably Red North as well) and mixing / matching players to new teams from what I can tell. Are some of those players falling to the TX Stampede now that you have signed up to be assimilated into the empire (thereby probably tripling your club dues)? Genesis Tornament 96B Icon_smile
I believe that is "the evil empire"...
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 6/9/2010, 7:52 am

swindler wrote:
centermiddad wrote:Wow, they will certainly do well in D3. That keeper is huge and saved their bacon several times Sunday, and the the two brothers, I believe twins, really added a nice balance in the front and the back. It was quite obvious Stampede was not the same team that allowed 11 goals in the Carey, practices or not.

BTW- To set the record even straighter...

I imagine that you meant that the 'new' Stampede did not resemble the team that competed in the Carey, in quality of play. You're right that it wasn't the same team - at all. There's a team out of Denton called the Stampede, which played in the Carey. They played in Plano two years ago, but I don't know where they played this past year.

Then there's a team (formerly) out of Lewisville-Flower Mound called the Texas Stampede, which had not played in the tournament circuit for a while, until last weekend at Genesis.

The identity of the two teams seems to get confused often. I suppose that will all change starting next season.

Ok. I can't believe this is the same team from PPL (as stated above), that team went 6-8-4 with a 34 goals scored against, giving a diff. of minus 8. No way PPL scored 34 goals on that keeper and that "D". Some pretty drastic changes.... in just a few weeks time.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 6/9/2010, 11:06 am

Thats what happens when you become part of the Texans. The tournament allowed 5 guest players and I'm sure Stampede took advantage of it.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 6/9/2010, 11:33 am

Resistance is futile.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 6/9/2010, 11:46 am

So, are the Texans considered the "Borg". All the movies I've seen the Borg gets defeated in the end Smile
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 6/9/2010, 4:07 pm

swindler wrote:Resistance is futile.

That's good. Genesis Tornament 96B Icon_lol
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster