Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

age pure Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

age pure

+18
Sho'Nuff
smculberts
allentexan
earbucket
Marvelousmar
Number13
Sprint
PremierLeagueFan
bigtex75081
DragonStryker
4theluvofsoccer
CCM
allen04
debit
LLHowie
SnookumsConCarne
lostball
Academy18
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

age pure Empty age pure

Post by Academy18 9/1/2015, 9:25 pm

August 2016 all teams will be age pure Jan 1 Dec 31. Are you and your team prepareing

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

age pure Empty Re: age pure

Post by lostball 9/1/2015, 10:18 pm

I read that current teams will have the choice to stay together and "play up" to keep the team intact. The mandate will apply to teams formed in 2017, meaning the 07's.

lostball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 9/2/2015, 8:53 am

Yes play up. They can play up but why? Are we really in this for the good of all the other kids on the team.It's a competition. Having older kids who played in college teams don't get scholarships individual kids do. It's alot of money to pay for select soccer to worry about the other kids on the team. Playing on a good team is fun but in reallality no one watches the games but the parents of that team. coaches would love for you to think it's about team but for them it about money..remember you r paying all this money for your child's future not the team...

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 9/2/2015, 8:58 am

If your kid is not getting enough playing time get him off that team as fast as you can because you are not paying to watch other kids play you are pa Ying to watch your kid play. If the coach is not playing your kid enough then that tells you what your coach thinks about your kid. Don't listen with your ears see with your eyes.. trust me these select coaches will tell you whatever you want to here...see with your eyes.

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostball 9/2/2015, 8:59 am

Can we start a poll to see which teams are moving to age pure and which are staying intact? If the majority of teams play up it would be the same as today, you play a mix of age groups more or less.

lostball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 9/2/2015, 9:08 am

Academy18 wrote:If your kid is not getting enough playing time get him off that team as fast as you can because you are not paying to watch other kids play you are pa Ying to watch your kid play. If the coach is not playing your kid enough then that tells you what your coach thinks about your kid. Don't listen with your ears see with your eyes.. trust me these select coaches will tell you whatever you want to here...see with your eyes.

That is so true.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 9/2/2015, 9:13 am

There will be no choice all teams go age pure or you will have to move your child up because the ones born august thru Dec can't play down

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 9/2/2015, 9:28 am

There will be no choice all teams go age pure or you will have to move your child up because the ones born august thru Dec can't play down

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 9/2/2015, 10:22 am

I think it is funny we use the term "age pure". It makes it sound like those not are mutants or something. In the current system based on the way the rules are written are the players not "age pure".

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 9/2/2015, 10:30 am

I totally agree Howie. Such a weird term. When I was getting started in soccer we used the term "age pure" to mean a single year age group regardless of what month the cutoff was in because the soccer association was so small many teams had kids from 2 year age groups. Odd number age groups didn't have teams so there was only a U8, U10, U12 team, etc. The "age pure" teams were U9 or U10 or U11 that only had kids from one year in them. Now the term has evolved to mean calendar year, but definitely sounds weird.

In my opinion, the kids were "age pure" before under the old rules too. We've just moved the cutoff date to another month. Just a silly term to use, but now it's completely stuck in our vernacular.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 9/2/2015, 11:16 am

debit wrote:I totally agree Howie.  Such a weird term.  When I was getting started in soccer we used the term "age pure" to mean a single year age group regardless of what month the cutoff was in because the soccer association was so small many teams had kids from 2 year age groups.  Odd number age groups didn't have teams so there was only a U8, U10, U12 team, etc.  The "age pure" teams were U9 or U10 or U11 that only had kids from one year in them.  Now the term has evolved to mean calendar year, but definitely sounds weird.

In my opinion, the kids were "age pure" before under the old rules too.  We've just moved the cutoff date to another month.  Just a silly term to use, but now it's completely stuck in our vernacular.

"Year pure"?
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 9/2/2015, 11:21 am

Birth Year
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 9/2/2015, 11:37 am

allen04 wrote:Birth Year

+1

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofsoccer 9/2/2015, 12:09 pm

Academy18 wrote:If your kid is not getting enough playing time get him off that team as fast as you can because you are not paying to watch other kids play you are pa Ying to watch your kid play. If the coach is not playing your kid enough then that tells you what your coach thinks about your kid. Don't listen with your ears see with your eyes.. trust me these select coaches will tell you whatever you want to here...see with your eyes.

and what does this have to do with age pure? Rolling Eyes

4theluvofsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 9/2/2015, 1:06 pm

Because if you move your kid up they will be playing with older kids now. Not just your team that decided to move up together but all the kids that you will have to compete with from the year above you that decided not to move up. There will be a bunch of kids out there and coaches will pick those kids up

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 9/2/2015, 1:50 pm

Academy18 wrote:Because if you move your kid up they will be playing with older kids now. Not just your team that decided to move up together but all the kids that you will have to compete with from the year above you that decided not to move up. There will be a bunch of kids out there and coaches will pick those kids up

Playing time should only be an issue if your coach starts cutting his younger kids and replacing them with older kids (what other teams do is irrelevant to your son's playing time on his current team).

As an aside, if my son's coach started doing that, we'd leave anyway because it would prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that he's not interested in development, only winning through recruitment.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 9/2/2015, 4:21 pm

It's only about winning.... always has been.

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 9/3/2015, 10:04 am

Players that have parents that don't understand the rule change... they will stay put.

Players that really like their coach and their coach really likes them back... they will stay put.

Players that are fearful of rocking-the-boat, losing friends, and voiding the time that they’ve already invested in a specific organization... they will stay put.

Families that don't want to spend any more money for a sport that he wasn't enjoying enough to justify the high costs... They’ll just leave the game entirely or return to a non-Select format.

Beyond those groups, I suspect there will be A LOT of player movement between teams.  I think you’d be silly not to move if you're unhappy.  Actually, I think most of us should already be considering our next move and discussing that with our sons.  Everyone should have a plan on how to move forward.  No one here should be surprised when your team disintegrates next August.  Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

This is the perfect opportunity to start again for a lot of these kids and families that feel under-appreciated.  Kids that are borderline-starters or benched because they're younger than their teammates... Kids that have fallen out of favor with the coach or manager for whatever crap that happened... If you're unhappy for any reason...  This is the perfect opportunity to leave and start again elsewhere.

Next August, I think the club’s expectations should be quite different from years' past.  In years past, a coach would generally expect to return 70%-85% of the roster from the year before.  I think next year though, most coaches will expect a turnover of approximately 50%.

Knowing that so many people will be moving… and a flood of new spots on rosters will be available… why wouldn't you look to move if you're unhappy while sitting on the sidelines today?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/3/2015, 10:14 am

Please help me out with this hypothetical example.

If my BB is an Aug-Dec 02 birth year on an 03 team then he will move to an 02 team in 2016.

If the majority of his team is 02 birth year players then his team will move into the 02 division and the 03 birth year players will be playing up.

If however the team is majority 03/03 then they can boot the 02 players from the team and remain 03 age pure.

Wouldn't it make more sense to send the 02/03 players packing and play in your own birth year?

Better yet, recruit the 03/04 studs from the top 04 teams and make an 03 super team.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 9/3/2015, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 9/3/2015, 10:20 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:So help me out with an example. If I am an Aug-Dec 02 birth year on an 03 team then I will move to an 02 team in 2016. if the majority of the team is 02 players then the team will move into the 02 division and the 03 players will be playing up.

If however the team is majority 03/03 then they can boot the 02/03 players from the team and remain 03 age pure.

Wouldn't it make more sense to send the 02/03 players packing and play in your own birth year?

No, I don't think that is how it will happen. The team in your example will be forcefully moved to the 02 Age group if they want to keep their bye in D1 ( assuming they earn it while in D1 this year). The team will then be eligible for any kid born Jan 2002-Dec 2002. The kids from Jan 2003-July 2003 that are on the team this year will have to decide if t hey want to stay and fight for time or move to a team that is currently in 04 Classic league but will be moving up to 03 Classic league next year ( jan2003-dec 2003).

For example, my son's team Solar Red 04 will be moved and become Solar Red 03 and will consist of any kid born Jan 2003 or later.

I don't think the club or team has a choice if they want to keep their bye. If they want to stay as Solar Red 04, they would have to requalify and start in D111.

This is how it was explained to me.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 9/3/2015, 10:32 am

Sprint wrote:No, I don't think that is how it will happen.  The team in your example will be forcefully  moved to the 02 Age group if they want to keep their bye in D1 ( assuming they earn it while in D1 this year).  The team will then be eligible for any kid born Jan 2002-Dec 2002.  The kids from Jan 2003-July 2003 that are on the team this year will have to decide if t hey want to stay and fight for time or move to a team that is currently in 04 Classic league but will be moving up to 03 Classic league next year ( jan2003-dec 2003).  

For example, my son's team Solar Red 04 will be moved and become Solar Red 03 and will consist of any kid born Jan 2003 or later.

I don't think the club or team has a choice if they want to keep their bye.  If they want to stay as Solar Red 04, they would have to requalify and start in D111.  

This is how it was explained to me.

This is correct.

The question becomes, who then plays on the renamed Solar Red 03? Does the team hold onto their Jan-Jul 04's (who would be playing up) or do they try to replace them with Jan-Jul 03's? Probably a bit of both.

Solar, DT, FCD, Andromeda, Liverpool and the like will have a decided advantage as they can move kids around within their club to keep their teams strong in each age group. The independents will have far more issues staying competitive in the new environment initially as they won't be able to pull Jan-Jul 03's (in the example above) from a sister team to augment their roster while allowing their Jan-Jul 04's to move to a current 05 team to augment it's roster.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/3/2015, 10:33 am

How can that be since the master plan is to create super teams so we are even more competitive.

If you could combine the 03/04 and 03/03 players into a true 03 Super Team you would rocking awesome.

Day 1 of this opportunity every top 03 team would be at Solar Red wheeling and dealing for your elite 03/04 players.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/3/2015, 10:43 am

That is totally unfair and punishes all the natural age players by forcing them to move up. If you are an 03 team with just a few 02 players it is not right to force you out of your division and up an age group. We have a few 03 teams that are excellent and not because they have 02 players and once again they are getting the bad end of the deal instead of being able to stay in the top spot they earned.

I think this implementation is Half Baked, let's go with my version or mutiny. Twisted Evil

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 9/3/2015, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/3/2015, 11:15 am

It seems unfair if your primary concern is trying to keep a long-time team in the current calendar together.   But for a lot of folks, a new team every year is kind of the standard deal, so not sure how this really effects them.  Other than shifting their kid 6 months older or younger.   On that front, the Jan-July folks happy.  The Aug-Dec ones not so much.   Roles reversed.  Oh well.    

I have a late Dec BB.  I don't care about him being the youngest.   But essentially this is like offering folks $500k to get divorced, just cause you want to mix up the gene pool a little for years down the road.  Gonna be a lot of divorces.  I kind of like staying married.   Not sure the wife wouldn't rather have $500k though, so I'd better keep my eyes open for other choices Very Happy

Now that I look at it, this is I guess the 07 thread, nobody has been married long enough to really grow attached.   Most folks probably have an arranged marriage through their local FCD outlet.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 9/3/2015, 11:35 am

I like the way you think Number13.

I don't know where anyone ever said that this was about fairness. It's a change in life changes happen all the time. Either you adapt or die. That simple. Now how the leagues implement these changes is interesting. If a team is primarily 03's Calendar and they decide to stay calendar what happens to the byes. My theory is ... of course no one will listen to it so why even put it out there. I'll just watch how this all unfolds and try to act in the best interest for the boys on the team.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next