Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic Academy League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic Academy League

5 posters

Go down

Classic Academy League Empty Classic Academy League

Post by Guest 6/21/2010, 9:57 pm

Just noticed that they changed the name of Premiere Academy League to the Classic Academy League. Does anyone know if they are changing anything else, like the going to 11 v 11 for U10? Nothing else posted on the website yet.

Back to top Go down

Classic Academy League Empty Re: Classic Academy League

Post by coachdom 6/21/2010, 11:25 pm

The only change I want to see is scheduling home games based on where teams are registered.

In Spring 2010, nearly 20 teams were registered through Carrollton-Farmers Branch, GLASA, and/or Lake Cities. None of those teams had more than one game at Railroad (Lewisville).A couple of the teams had ALL of their games scheduled at Carpenter, Warren, or PHP.

My bb played on one of these teams and had one game at Railroad. They were listed as the "away" team. A team from Garland has the "home" team.

We live in Denton. If I wanted my bb to play 7 of his 8 games in Plano, we would have joined a team that played in SDL.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Andro00Red 6/22/2010, 7:46 am

That's what was send out by CL. Good or bad don't shoot the messenger.

Structure of League:

• 100 Teams total between both U9 and U10 age groups, both boys and girls.

• 25 teams / age group / gender.

• 3 Team Maximum / Club / Age Group / Gender.
  • 8 Game Season in Fall and 8 Game Season in Spring.
  • 9 v 9, with a 14 player Game Day Roster.
  • 2 - 25 minute halves.
  • Scores and Standings.

• Season Ending Tournament following each Spring Season.

• Centralizing League Play by utilizing 3 Venues.

• Richland College - Auxiliary Fields #'s 11 - 14.
    • Plano - Carpenter or Russell Creek.
    • Frisco - TBD.

• Cost:

• Team Registration: $600 / season.
    • Referees: $240 / season (Paid separate, in cash, direct to refs, and on game day by teams - not a part of Registration Cost).

Notes:

CAL was developed to mirror both the existing Classic Leagues for boys and girls in the U9 and U10 age groups. In doing so and by limiting the number of total teams and number of teams per Club per age group we believe that we can achieve a higher level of competition for our youth, deliver more centralized and quality venues, all in a most fair and equitable manner by limiting the number of teams per Club in each gender and age group.

So as to be a Sanctioned League under North Texas Soccer, CAL will play 9 v 9 with 2 - 25 minute halves.

Registration Process will open Early. All Coaches/Clubs will be contacted via email once Registration is Open. A "Selection" Committee will be formed prior to registration. When Registration is Open, Clubs will make application to CAL. Once all applications are submitted and Registration closes, the Selection Committee will meet. Upon that meeting, Teams will be formally accepted and notified by email and/or phone of their acceptance into CAL.

Because CAL is limiting the number of teams, CAL and its Selection Committee can select the teams based on their application.

Andro00Red
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 6/22/2010, 7:57 am

Looks like Chamber Soccer is opening the door for someone to start an Academy league in the west utilizing Railroad/Chinn Chapel.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 6/22/2010, 8:41 am

"Selecion Committee" - That is a nice way to spin the fact that PAL numbers were shrinking every year. Also, nice job sticking it to teams from Tarrant County.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 6/22/2010, 9:15 am

coachdom wrote:"Selecion Committee" - That is a nice way to spin the fact that PAL numbers were shrinking every year. Also, nice job sticking it to teams from Tarrant County.
Perhaps a league in Tarrant county should step up and organize the academy teams in Tarrant county? That way you wouldn't be dependent on a Dallas county league to cater to your geographic preferences.
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 6/22/2010, 10:12 am

dreambig wrote:
coachdom wrote:"Selecion Committee" - That is a nice way to spin the fact that PAL numbers were shrinking every year. Also, nice job sticking it to teams from Tarrant County.
Perhaps a league in Tarrant county should step up and organize the academy teams in Tarrant county? That way you wouldn't be dependent on a Dallas county league to cater to your geographic preferences.

PrimeTime Sports has an academy league through US Club that plays at the Polaris complex (Arlington) and Odyssey fields (Keller). If they can get the fields at Grand Prairie or Harold Patterson (Arlington), they could accommodate the PAL West teams. Normally, NTSSA associations don't rent their fields to Non-NTSSA organizations. With CAL sticking it to the Tarrant teams, they might as well rent them to PrimeTime.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 6/22/2010, 11:53 am

I don't see this as "sticking it to the Tarrant teams" any more than LH or CL does to Tarrant. If I'm understanding this CAL correctly it really seems to be an extension / replacement for the Gold division of PAL, and truth be told most likely a play to wrestle back numbers and "a bit of control" from the SDL. whatcha gonna do.. Everyone seems hell-bent on playing the younger kids harder and harder and breaking them for good much sooner... this will further that cause, not to mention provide the top 25 seeds for the QT's come U11.

yes as a Tarrant team it sucks to drive to Dallas, Frisco, Plano etc., but it sure beats driving from Wichita Falls, or Stephenville... You are correct, there are options out there.. but in the end I want to keep supporting NTSSA
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 6/22/2010, 12:00 pm

What is stopping someone (Club, Rec association, other) from organizing an Academy league for Tarrant/Denton Counties and getting it sanctioned by NTSSA? Follow their bylaws and playing rules...

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 6/22/2010, 12:05 pm

Ed wrote:What is stopping someone (Club, Rec association, other) from organizing an Academy league for Tarrant/Denton Counties and getting it sanctioned by NTSSA? Follow their bylaws and playing rules...

With PAL/CAL vacating Tarrant county, someone can. I now hear there is a group out of the Mid-cities that is looking into it.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 6/22/2010, 12:22 pm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but where is it saying that the PAL is no more? Sounds to me like this is more of a Plano/Arlington Premier vs Classic league structure for PAL. Last we heard Arlington was handling registration / scheduling for the "west side" PAL, and I am assuming there is still an "east side" PAL to handle teams that are not "accepted" into the CAL.

am I wrong about this?
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 6/22/2010, 12:31 pm

Just verified, Premier Academy League still has same structure as before.. West side region, and two east side regions, and now CAL for anyone that wants a go at it. Arlington Soccer Association is handling registration and scheduling for all "west side" PAL teams, and I would imagine there are two other "home bases" of contact and scheduling for the East side PAL's.. and then CAL.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 6/22/2010, 12:53 pm

Good. Tarrant teams should not be kept out of Academy play.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down