Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces

+14
sukiakiman
Sho'Nuff
Laroja_2012
Number13
davito
FCD07 Mom
Sprint
finish1
letsgo
PremierLeagueFan
The German
omega striker
SnookumsConCarne
soccerdadrandy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces Empty Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces

Post by soccerdadrandy 12/2/2015, 9:42 am

http://www.dallastexans.com/news_article/show/583514?referrer_id=
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces Empty Re: Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces

Post by SnookumsConCarne 12/2/2015, 10:00 am

Good to know.
I think that it's awesome of this Texans owner to expand.
IMO, even if 1 kid slips in, that is good.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces Empty Re: Dallas Texans - Atlético de Madrid join forces

Post by omega striker 12/2/2015, 11:07 am

wait I thought the Texans were partnered with MAN U did they get dropped ???
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 12/2/2015, 11:21 am

Manu changed to from Nike to Adidas and the Texans are Nike.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/2/2015, 12:07 pm

[quote="soccerdadrandy"]http://www.dallastexans.com/news_article/show/583514?referrer_id=[/quote

From the Article"

"In this sense, we are sure that the cooperation with Dallas Texans and the support of Nike as common partner will help us to consolidate our brand in the US market, which is one of the priorities in the international expansion Project of our Club and our Academy”.

Is "Brand Consolidation" one of the four pillars of soccer?

Sounds like a Marketing ploy more than anything else, but since it's coming from Hassan's club it makes more sense because he is also focused on consolidation (Soccer Player "Revenue" Consolidation).

What will happen to the beloved "Manchester United" partnership now that the Dallas Texans are leaving the Barclay's Premier League club for the La Liga club?

Wake up and smell the coffee, sending a small group of coaches to Spain and replacing the Man United logo on the Dallas Texans kit to Athletico Madrid will do absolutely "Nothing" to develop your BB or his chances to go to Spain unless it's for a soccer holiday.

The Dallas Texans sent coaches and players to La Masia a few years ago and look where that got them. They have a veritable "Coaching Maestro" at DT South who quietly and unselfishly sends his top players up to the Academy every year so "Orale Hassan" look South the next time you need some good advice.

A tale of two Texans:
Hassan will extoll the benefits of the "Athletico Madrid Method" and will charge the "Lucky Ones" a hefty fee for the privilege and the players will learn and train from the Athletico development model and after he leaves them alone long enough to show that it's working, he will make an about face and yank the bottom out from under these players in search of a completely new and improved marketing trend that will benefit him.  Twisted Evil

Watch out 08's, time to start practicing your German since BUNDESLIGA is probably the next stop after La Liga!  lol!

I would embrace this whole idea of club affiliation (I mean WOW! how great it would be to train with the same methods of a La Liga club), but my BB already went down the "Man United marketing track" that incorporated an actual Manchester United Academy coach who actually trained the players 4 days a week in a daily 3 hour "Residency program" that actually worked. The program was all about the "Man United method" and the 10,000 hour concept described in the book "Outliers".

Sadly, after a few years and a few youtube promotional videos the Dallas Texans dropped the "Entire Program" and sent players scattering for a new home outside of the Dallas Texans to continue their training.

I know too much about the club to fall for this latest Dallas Texans ploy to grab some attention and this post should serve as a cautionary tale.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 12/2/2015, 1:19 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:http://www.dallastexans.com/news_article/show/583514?referrer_id=[/quote

The Dallas Texans sent coaches and players to La Masia a few years ago and look where that got them. They have a veritable "Coaching Maestro" at DT South who quietly and unselfishly sends his top players up to the Academy every year so "Orale Hassan" look South the next time you need some good advice.

They are two coaches that constantly lose top talent players to Dallas Texans Academy, and guess what Texans division they reside in? That's right! The South division. They both have similar traits by both currently having talented BBs that are playing for Dallas Texans Academy. All the teams they currently coach are D1 in classic league and at some point were on top or are still on top, yet Texans aren't capable of providing them with a facility. HN does need to look South! There is plenty of talent there and in Fort Worth!

I like the partnership, but I want to see how serious it really is. I remember when they had just partnered with Man Utd. and promotion was skyrocketing with Texans going to Man Utd. International tournament, residency program, and coaches coming and going. You would of thought several players would be sent on trials and stuff like that, but none of that really happened. This is going to be interesting with Athletico partnership. I'll just smiile and wave!! lol!

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/2/2015, 2:15 pm

Yes, and at the end of one of those visits, the Man United staff gathered everyone together and proudly announced they didn't ID a single player from any age group. Their criteria was as follows:

1. How big is he?
2. Who are his parents?
3. Who are his grandparents?

They did admit that sending our kids to their camps would make them better, but there was no way any of them could ever be considered for the first team.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 12/2/2015, 2:34 pm

finish1 wrote:Yes, and at the end of one of those visits, the Man United staff gathered everyone together and proudly announced they didn't ID a single player from any age group. Their criteria was as follows:

1. How big is he?
2. Who are his parents?
3. Who are his grandparents?

They did admit that sending our kids to their camps would make them better, but there was no way any of them could ever be considered for the first team.

So your saying MANU was only interested in size as well? Interesting.

Heard a similar story from a parent that went to Barcelona with their club and the parents pulled one of the coaches aside and said, " would you ever consider taking a kid from the US into LA Masia?" He told them, "No." To counter that they did take Ben Lederman, but he is no longer there due to FIFA rules.

These arraignments with Euro clubs are good if you ask me as it gives the kids a chance to go overseas to a camp and meet kids from the host country, see the facilities and train with their coaches. If you expect much more, you may be disappointed.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/2/2015, 2:45 pm

Good advice. I know another parent who opened an office in Barcelona to get around those rules. What a dreamer. LOL!

Funny how you only commented on the first item on the list. Item two and three are also critical because without that history in the game, it is very unlikely a player will have the natural instincts that history provides. Very key thing to remember.

Big and fast alone is not enough. Remember Brek Shea?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 12/2/2015, 2:55 pm

finish1 wrote:Good advice. I know another parent who opened an office in Barcelona to get around those rules. What a dreamer. LOL!

Funny how you only commented on the first item on the list. Item two and three are also critical because without that history in the game, it is very unlikely a player will have the natural instincts that history provides. Very key thing to remember.

Assumed items 2 and 3 were related to the parents and grandparents heritage, ie, the kids ability to get a work permit in the EU. But I agree to an extent. If your parents or grandparents were pro players, probably a good chance the kid was brought up differently than if his parents were desk jockeys in a large corporation. However, many, many pro athletes come from families with parents that have no sports background.

Big and fast is not enough, but I tend to think very quick and strong is enough in terms of physical gifts. The rest ( 75%) comes from his brain and desire.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/2/2015, 3:08 pm

finish1 wrote:Good advice. I know another parent who opened an office in Barcelona to get around those rules. What a dreamer. LOL!

who ??? confused scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 12/2/2015, 3:09 pm

If someone has the means to open an office and Barcelona will take their kid, I say go for it and chase the dream. Enjoy the experience and see where it leads. The problem for most is they can't move to Europe and establish their kids residency just for soccer. If you can, why not? Number13 should get a transfer to London and leave this age pure, classic league stuff behind. Very Happy

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 12/2/2015, 3:11 pm

They are talking about the possibility of DUAL passports, specifically Euro passports. Not whether daddy or granpa played professional soccer...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 12/2/2015, 3:38 pm

The big clubs all have to work within the geographic restrictions imposed by FIFA. Then there is the issue of work permits, especially in England. Without a British passport the player has to be of proven National team quality.

It is not until age 16 that the geographic restrictions are relaxed. So top clubs scramble for the best talent at that age. But even then it is still difficult to know if they are going to be good enough for ManU, Arsenal, Bayern, Real, etc.

The big club might get lucky and turn one of of their academy player into a star but the odds are far more likely that some other club will do most of the development and the big club will just swoop in later with their checkbook. For example Arsene Wenger prefers to go for 20 year olds (...from Southampton) that have demonstrated true potential.

Most of the academy players at big EPL clubs will end up playing in the lower leagues or dropping out completely. There just aren't that many new players needed in the world every year. Playing professionally is just a dream for boys the world over. The focus on enjoying the journey not the destination.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/2/2015, 3:42 pm

RGaucho wrote:

They are talking about the possibility of DUAL passports, specifically Euro passports. Not whether daddy or granpa played professional soccer...

Maybe so, but in the context of the conversation, the point was made more in terms of lineage and heritage, not passport status. In Europe, your family history matters.

OS, Yeah, remember him? The kid with no soccer history that grew up bigger and faster than everyone around him. Life was good until he actually had to play soccer. Suspect
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 12/2/2015, 4:00 pm

Um..well... Brek Shea is 25 and makes $500k a year playing pro soccer.   Went to Premier League.  Didn't make it, back making it in the MLS.   And occasionally on national team duty. That's not the biggest tale of failure ever.  

I kind of doubt his parents and grandparents lack of juggling skills had much effect on his trajectory.  But who knows, maybe the ManU guys have some genealogical miracle analysis that lets them know that Phil Jones is hereditarily inclined to timely heading of the ball while flailing across the pitch on his belly.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 12/2/2015, 7:16 pm

Watch out 08's, time to start practicing your German since BUNDESLIGA is probably the next stop after La Liga!  lol!

I can teach all the necessary phrases you need to know. Razz
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 12/2/2015, 8:13 pm

I showed my son the Dallas Texans webpage with the announcement of the new partnership between the DT and the Atletico de Madrid. He asked me: "What does it mean?" "Well, you will get from Atletico Madrid what you were getting before from Manchester United. What did you get?" His answer: " The PA team had the Manchester United logo on their training shirts. That was it." I told him he should not expect more than that ...

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/2/2015, 10:28 pm

Number13 wrote:Um..well... Brek Shea is 25 and makes $500k a year playing pro soccer.   Went to Premier League.  Didn't make it, back making it in the MLS.   And occasionally on national team duty.   That's not the biggest tale of failure ever.  

I kind of doubt his parents and grandparents lack of juggling skills had much effect on his trajectory.  But who knows, maybe the ManU guys have some genealogical miracle analysis that lets them know that Phil Jones is hereditarily inclined to timely heading of the ball while flailing across the pitch on his belly.  
and didn't even need a college degree Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff 12/2/2015, 11:05 pm

The German wrote:

I can teach all the necessary phrases you need to know. Razz

Prosit!
Sho'Nuff
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 12/3/2015, 7:13 am

RGaucho wrote:

I guess I should have stayed a Texan....my son has dual/english passport...grandad played for LFC and he is tall and fast!!! LOL....BTW the kid at Barca from here is doing well there. I have seen some clips of him and he is supposedly one of their brightest at his age. My son and others on here played with him. He would be a current 05.

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/3/2015, 9:14 am

Yep, you've got the history, Suki. Very Happy
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 12/3/2015, 10:53 am

Well at least there will be a new revenue stream from all of those delusional newcomers that think it will somehow make a difference.

If you're in it for your kid to have fun, get good training and experiences - then great.

If you think your kid is going to become a pro and make a living playing soccer because of the club and it's affiliations - My advice: Take some of that hard earned $ and purchase lottery tickets. Probably a better chance at that paying off for your investment.

Cha Ching!

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 12/3/2015, 11:01 am

Seems like a pretty shrewd move by HN .... picks up rising star / dark-horse Atletico Madrid (Nike affiliate). Texans are kind of the rebels in the new MLS Team dominated USSF mandates that are rapidly taking place ... he'll play the role of Atletico duking it out with the established forces of Barca/Real (MLS)

Early posts were talking about how Sal and the "South" have seemingly and consistently developed some of the best talent that gets plucked away for DA .... sounds like the South might be getting the short end of the stick. Generally, the South produces a greater level of Hispanic/Latino players - maybe the lure of Atletico (La Liga) has more appeal than a Nike affiliated Man City, etc.... ?

Regardless - anyone who makes the decision to jump ship and join a club based on "Club Allegiances/Alliances" needs to have their head examined - in my opinion of course haha! Could your BB be identified .... sure ..... of course it could happen .... but I wouldn't bet the house on it Wink
Arsenal1984
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 12/3/2015, 11:06 am

RGaucho wrote:

Correct --> you need a little help to get across the pond.  Ex) Kenny Cooper's father background allowed him to join United's reserves back in 2003 ..... pretty stiff competition he had back then to "break through"  RVN, Rooney, Soljskaer, Saha, and some guy named CR7 LOL!!!
Arsenal1984
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next