Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DA Tryouts? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DA Tryouts?

+6
Number13
Soccer27
sukiakiman
Sprint
PremierLeagueFan
Uncleof05AP
10 posters

Go down

DA Tryouts? Empty DA Tryouts?

Post by Uncleof05AP 2/22/2016, 4:02 pm

This topic has probably been previously discussed.  Nonetheless, I cannot find it any other threads.  How are players selected for DA?  Are there tryouts?  Do the clubs just select them based on their player pools?  Do FC Dallas, Texans, and Solar handle it differently?  In particular, I am curious about the first year of eligibility for a player.

In advance, thanks for any helpful responses.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

DA Tryouts? Empty Re: DA Tryouts?

Post by PremierLeagueFan 2/22/2016, 4:14 pm

Each club has player pools and open tryouts and some clubs select based on other factors that are not necessarily player specific.

Go to their websites and call the DOC's to find out what those specifics are so you have the best chance of getting selected.

I would get started now because the process has already begun.

Every club that offers PA or DA at any level should be considered early on because by the time open tryouts begin, many boys will already be well known and unless you really stand out you will be lost in the shuffle.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 2/22/2016, 4:37 pm

Each DA club will probably have open tryouts but that won't be until June. I agree you should call or meet the coach at each club that may coach the DA team you are interested in.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 2/22/2016, 5:41 pm

FC dallas is having pool training to help determine the Academy teams for the next year right now. The 03s have been widdled down it appears from last training. Looks like they cut about 15 and are down to 25 kids. 04s haven't been cut down for awhile. There are 40 something kids still trying out. Very good competitive training.

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 2/22/2016, 9:15 pm

What are the benefits between DA/PA/CL?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/22/2016, 10:56 pm

sukiakiman wrote:FC dallas is having pool training to help determine the Academy teams for the next year right now. The 03s have been widdled down it appears from last training. Looks like they cut about 15 and are down to 25 kids. 04s haven't been cut down for awhile. There are  40 something kids still trying out. Very good competitive training.

This is just kids currently on Fcd teams?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 2/22/2016, 11:29 pm

I am familiar with the FCD academy so I will speak to that. The others are similar but may have differences in the amount of costs covered etc.

At FCD there is not a material difference between PA and DA. It is all just Academy and PA is just somewhere to play in the gaps at U13 and U15 that the USSF created in DA (I don't know why they thought combining years was a good idea).

Too many people think in terms of leagues. But Academy is not about leagues. It is a development program based around increased training and a very high level of play in training and games. At FCD it is 5 or 6 days a week of training. It is only for the most committed and capable players. Other sports are not allowed and not realistic anyway with the demands of the program.

Training is free, uniforms are free and hotel/air travel is free so no player is ruled out by finances. About 24 players are rostered per year. The club dual rosters some players with Classic teams and arranges friendly games from time to time to help ensure those further down the roster get periodic games.

Classic League is pay to play and typically has more games and less practice than Academy. Two practices is the norm. Ambitious teams may practice a bit more, especially if they are in the RPL etc. Of course extra leagues or tournaments mean added costs of entry fees and travel.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 2/22/2016, 11:36 pm

FCD will typically have a look at about 35 or so kids internally for an upcoming new age group. They will get them together whenever suits over the course of the year and see what they have got.

Then in June it is open try outs. They already know the FCD kids and they can see how they stack up vs others that come out. The open tryouts were 2 weeks long last year. 3 or 4 times a week.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 2/23/2016, 7:10 am

Number13 wrote:
sukiakiman wrote:FC dallas is having pool training to help determine the Academy teams for the next year right now. The 03s have been widdled down it appears from last training. Looks like they cut about 15 and are down to 25 kids. 04s haven't been cut down for awhile. There are  40 something kids still trying out. Very good competitive training.

This is just kids currently on Fcd teams?

Yes Just FC Dallas kids

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 2/23/2016, 8:26 am

FCD academy coaches also attend some games to scout players in the real game setting.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/23/2016, 8:42 am

davito wrote:FCD academy coaches also attend some games to scout players in the real game setting.

cool, thanks for all of the info.  I was just curious if entities could or did use their PA status to recruit/train kids from outside the club without releases. BB's team, which has a USCS/NPL tie-in, could use a leg up on recruiting Jan-July 02s for next year. best of luck fcd.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fan1527 2/23/2016, 9:55 am

Curious on DA tryouts from those that have experienced it. Has anyone taken theirs to go through the tryouts just for the experience and just as another tool to see how their bb stacks up. My 03bb is very happy with his Classic team and if by chance were selected, I doubt would want to go this route at this point.

fan1527
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 2/23/2016, 10:31 am

Took BB out to tryouts last year.
He won't be going back this year.
We'd rather drink further to NRH, than Ross Stewart.
I can only say that PremierLeagueFan is pretty close in stating that: "many boys will already be well known and unless you really stand out you will be lost in the shuffle.".
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 2/23/2016, 10:32 am

Number13 wrote:
cool, thanks for all of the info.  I was just curious if entities could or did use their PA status to recruit/train kids from outside the club without releases.   BB's team, which has a USCS/NPL tie-in, could use a leg up on recruiting Jan-July 02s for next year.  best of luck fcd.

All I saw last year at FCD was them pull together their own players for pool training a few times throughout the year and play a couple of friendly games against Houston teams. They did not use the different sanctioning body status of PA as a way to bring in kids from other clubs for training or assessment prior to June.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 2/23/2016, 10:52 am

Have often wondered the same thing. I have a feeling that practices will be too far away from Mansfield to commit to that many practices per week. I know my son is committed, but the realities of logistics could get in the way unfortunately. Will monitor this and continue to evaluate. Thanks for starting the thread.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 2/23/2016, 12:16 pm

CCM wrote:Have often wondered the same thing.  I have a feeling that practices will be too far away from Mansfield to commit to that many practices per week.  I know my son is committed, but the realities of logistics could get in the way unfortunately.  Will monitor this and continue to evaluate.  Thanks for starting the thread.

Your BB could get selected for dang near any PA team in his age group.
Built like a linebacker, with both speed and actual ball skills.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 2/23/2016, 5:11 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:
CCM wrote:Have often wondered the same thing.  I have a feeling that practices will be too far away from Mansfield to commit to that many practices per week.  I know my son is committed, but the realities of logistics could get in the way unfortunately.  Will monitor this and continue to evaluate.  Thanks for starting the thread.

Your BB could get selected for dang near any PA team in his age group.
Built like a linebacker, with both speed and actual ball skills.

I don't know about that...but thank you. My problem is that I tend to be a bit passive when it comes to these types of things...My mindset is (which probably shouldn't be), if he's good enough, people will come to him asking. But...I realize that's not the way it works anymore.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 2/25/2016, 11:53 am

I spoke with my son about DA and the fact that High School team would be out of the question. He seemed open to the idea. Who knows? I'll keep an eye out for some opportunities. LFC certainly isn't providing any PA/DA/NPL development that I'm interested in participating in going forward. Guess I need to do more research on this. Thanks again.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 2/25/2016, 12:09 pm

CCM wrote:I spoke with my son about DA and the fact that High School team would be out of the question.  He seemed open to the idea.  Who knows? I'll keep an eye out for some opportunities.  LFC certainly isn't providing any PA/DA/NPL development that I'm interested in participating in going forward.  Guess I need to do more research on this.  Thanks again.

@CCM:
Maybe if you took a deep breath, calm down, & reach out to Mr. Fagen, he will forgive you.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 2/25/2016, 12:14 pm

Lol. No thank you. Already did that... Not interested in my son being a part of that ego trip. But thanks.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down