Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting) Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting)

+3
soccerdadrandy
earbucket
Sprint
7 posters

Go down

DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting) Empty DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting)

Post by Sprint 6/28/2016, 12:00 pm

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2016/06/26/gosselin-ussda-college-showcase-fc-dallas-facility-future-american-soccer-display

Interesting article breaking down the number of coaches at the DA showcases and Playoffs last week in Frisco.  

From the article 306 College Coaches representing 200 college teams.  

Went out to this event for three nights and there were very talented players and lots of good soccer being played.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting) Empty Re: DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting)

Post by earbucket 6/28/2016, 2:57 pm

DA v. Classic League?

Article supports contention that if a kid wants to play in college then his chances of being identified is better in DA.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting) Empty Re: DA SHOWCASE/PLAYOFFS (College Recruiting)

Post by soccerdadrandy 7/3/2016, 12:55 pm

this year the DA and PA teams involved with USSF Academy Soccer will show how strong they are (or are not). In the past the true strength of DA/PA teams were not as apparent because the Classic League teams had players born as early as August 1st the prior year. Meaning in some case a Dec born DA/PA player could be matched up with a talented Aug born player which was 18 months older. There are PLENTY OF CLASSIC LEAGUE PLAYERS as good or maybe even better than some of the DA/PA players. But as a team that talent depth drops off quickly when compared to the DA/PA program. Its easier for a Scout/College Coach to judge a player when said player is matched up against good competition.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 7/10/2016, 9:35 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:this year the DA and PA teams involved with USSF Academy Soccer will show how strong they are (or are not). In the past the true strength of DA/PA teams were not as apparent because the Classic League teams had players born as early as August 1st the prior year. Meaning in some case a Dec born DA/PA player could be matched up with a talented Aug born player which was 18 months older. There are PLENTY OF CLASSIC LEAGUE PLAYERS as good or maybe even better than some of the DA/PA players. But as a team that talent depth drops off quickly when compared to the DA/PA program. Its easier for a Scout/College Coach to judge a player when said player is matched up against good competition.
is your son still starting and playing on the Texans U16 academy team?

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 7/10/2016, 10:33 am

itsamoneygrab wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:this year the DA and PA teams involved with USSF Academy Soccer will show how strong they are (or are not). In the past the true strength of DA/PA teams were not as apparent because the Classic League teams had players born as early as August 1st the prior year. Meaning in some case a Dec born DA/PA player could be matched up with a talented Aug born player which was 18 months older. There are PLENTY OF CLASSIC LEAGUE PLAYERS as good or maybe even better than some of the DA/PA players. But as a team that talent depth drops off quickly when compared to the DA/PA program. Its easier for a Scout/College Coach to judge a player when said player is matched up against good competition.
is your son still starting and playing on the Texans U16 academy team?

Yes sir! He is. Lost a few players to FCD last year but picked up a few strong players during June tryouts. Should be another competitive year.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 7/10/2016, 4:10 pm

U16 or U18

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 7/10/2016, 4:27 pm

itsamoneygrab wrote:U16 or U18

He just turned 16 so U16 Academy but trains with the U18 Academy and can play up to 6 games with them.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 7/15/2016, 5:19 pm

I'd say things are going pretty well for the club on the boys side.

FC Dallas U16 and U18 are in National Championship games on Saturday.

FC Dallas U15 PA team won first game in NPL finals, 9-0.

The FCD Premier U18 team will be in USYS finals tournament in a week or so--albeit they are not a DA team.

A few HS coaches told me that the FCD Premier team regularly beats the DA U18. Is that true?

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 7/15/2016, 10:21 pm

earbucket wrote:I'd say things are going pretty well for the club on the boys side.

The FCD Premier U18 team will be in USYS finals tournament in a week or so--albeit they are not a DA team.

A few HS coaches told me that the FCD Premier team regularly beats the DA U18.  Is that true?
are you talking about the 98 team or the new AP 99 team?

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by keepinitreal 7/16/2016, 12:17 am

earbucket wrote:I'd say things are going pretty well for the club on the boys side.

A few HS coaches told me that the FCD Premier team regularly beats the DA U18.  Is that true?

I don't know who told you this...but I can tell you what I know from what my kid tells me and what I see. Perhaps they scrimmage the bench players but not the starting 11. Or they play a younger academy. The 98 Premier team Does NOT beat the u18 Academy team on a regular basis. The regular starting 11 has never full scrimmaged them. We scrimmage college teams. Bench players who did not get to play in a weekend game may scrimmage them. Some of the players may float between teams. My son who has started on the U18 every game this year has NEVER once scrimmaged the 98 Premier team. He has scrimmaged OKC Energy, Creighton University, Richland College, FCDallas 1st team, FCDallas Reserves, Equador National Team, Mexican National Team. These are the scrimmages I have gone to the last 6 months. Never been to a 98Premier scrimmage. Just the facts.

keepinitreal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 7/16/2016, 12:35 am

keepinitreal wrote:

I don't know who told you this...but I can tell you what I know from what my kid tells me and what I see.  Perhaps they scrimmage the bench players but not the starting 11.  Or they play a younger academy.  The 98 Premier team Does NOT beat the u18 Academy team on a regular basis.   The regular starting 11 has never full scrimmaged them.  We scrimmage college teams.  Bench players who did not get to play in a weekend game may scrimmage them.  Some of the players may float between teams. My son who has started on the U18 every game this year has NEVER once scrimmaged the 98 Premier team.  He has scrimmaged OKC Energy, Creighton University, Richland College, FCDallas 1st team, FCDallas Reserves, Equador National Team, Mexican National Team.  These are the scrimmages I have gone to the last 6 months.  Never been to a 98Premier scrimmage.  Just the facts.

now with age pure the true 98 born premier team may find it difficult to compete with the back up academy players you speak of Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 7/16/2016, 10:37 am

keepinitreal wrote:

I don't know who told you this...but I can tell you what I know from what my kid tells me and what I see.  Perhaps they scrimmage the bench players but not the starting 11.  Or they play a younger academy.  The 98 Premier team Does NOT beat the u18 Academy team on a regular basis.   The regular starting 11 has never full scrimmaged them.  We scrimmage college teams.  Bench players who did not get to play in a weekend game may scrimmage them.  Some of the players may float between teams. My son who has started on the U18 every game this year has NEVER once scrimmaged the 98 Premier team.  He has scrimmaged OKC Energy, Creighton University, Richland College, FCDallas 1st team, FCDallas Reserves, Equador National Team, Mexican National Team.  These are the scrimmages I have gone to the last 6 months.  Never been to a 98Premier scrimmage.  Just the facts.

The HS coach was referring to the 97 Premier team and it was against the same age DA team, but there wasn't any clarification on whether these scrimmages took place when they were both in the 15-16 age group or the 17-18s. Or as you indicated where it was a mix of DA bench players.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 7/16/2016, 10:55 am

earbucket wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:

The HS coach was referring to the 97 Premier team and it was against the same age DA team, but there wasn't any clarification on whether these scrimmages took place when they were both in the 15-16 age group or the 17-18s.  Or as you indicated where it was a mix of DA bench players.  
Only now are they truly in the same age group. You won't here any stories like this going forward with age pure boys. Those August birth month boys would have been on a 96 team under the new rules
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/17/2016, 12:09 am

Congrats to both teams for winning the finals today. Great accomplishment by the boys and the club.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 7/17/2016, 11:14 am

The German wrote:Congrats to both teams for winning the finals today. Great accomplishment by the boys and the club.

Agree. Congrats to FCD boys and coaches. In the 18s game, FCD was better prepared and better coached than Vancouver.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kickingitlong 7/20/2016, 4:26 pm

Not an FCD parent nor fan of their pro team, but the accomplishments of the 97, 98, 99 & 00 born FCD players have been remarkable at the DA, NPL(PA) & USYS levels.

Congratulations to all those boys and best of luck in college and maybe for a couple in the pros.

kickingitlong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 7/20/2016, 4:36 pm

kickingitlong wrote:Not an FCD parent nor fan of their pro team, but the accomplishments of the 97, 98, 99 & 00 born FCD players have been remarkable at the DA, NPL(PA) & USYS levels.  

Congratulations to all those boys and best of luck in college and maybe for a couple in the pros.
So much for all of the mud slinging this forum has done railing against NTX talent compared to LA and other "team building" territories. Talent seems to stack up quite well against the rest of the USA Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down