Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96B CL TEAMS

+16
rowdy39tx
starbuck
FlatBack4
centermiddad
soccerdad1
Libbydee
Crochet
soccerrus2
Stillkickin
quickkick
soccermom040
DirtyDave20
ntxsoccerchat
cornerkick96
Kaivermor
CH1
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Empty Re: 96B CL TEAMS

Post by CH1 7/26/2010, 5:00 pm

D-1 ....Solar v. FCD v. Texans v. Andro.....and big ? is did Tejanos pick up enough to gain any ground on these?
D-2 DTW-DFW-FCD..should be front runners -Longhorns will be in the mix also.....rest not sure...
D-3 will be interesting since they should be more evenly matched....

CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 7/26/2010, 10:58 pm

Wow, alot of people think they know a lot of stff about a lot of teams. Too much on my plate to nose around the other teams so I will stick to the one I know about. DFW Tornados will start the season with every player they started with last year, plus at least 2 quality additions. Hopefully the "injury gods" will not curse them again this fall like they did last fall....
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 7/27/2010, 7:14 am

No doubt the Tornados will be tough, but I also think there are several other teams which will have a say. Here are some observations (not in any order). Some of this is hearsay so may be inaccurate:
-DTRW: Looks like a "Best-of" from DTRW and DTW last season. I would say they are the favorites if they can gel
- DTW: Mostly DTRN from D3.
- DFWT: Intact from last season with additions
- Horns: Key defections (from what I have heard). Of course they have roster churn every year and still manage to play well.
- FCD(RW): Not much info - assuming as good or better than last year
- Comets: Intact from last season with additions
- Strikers: Haven't heard - from roster appears they lost a few and maybe gained a couple
- Club Classic West: Big roster turnover from last year. Gained the core from Plano team though so should be a favorite :-)
- Odyssey: Haven't heard much but pretty sure they will be tough as always - could contend for top 3
- FWUB / Inner City Futbol: Some defections (although kept enough for bye). No keeper showing on roster yet. Weird situation.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 7/27/2010, 10:58 am

cornerkick96 wrote:No doubt the Tornados will be tough, but I also think there are several other teams which will have a say. Here are some observations (not in any order). Some of this is hearsay so may be inaccurate:
-DTRW: Looks like a "Best-of" from DTRW and DTW last season. I would say they are the favorites if they can gel
- Horns: Key defections (from what I have heard). Of course they have roster churn every year and still manage to play well.
- Strikers: Haven't heard - from roster appears they lost a few and maybe gained a couple
- Club Classic West: Big roster turnover from last year. Gained the core from Plano team though so should be a favorite :-)
- Odyssey: Haven't heard much but pretty sure they will be tough as always - could contend for top 3
- FWUB / Inner City Futbol: Some defections (although kept enough for bye). No keeper showing on roster yet. Weird situation.

Odyssey could contend for top 3? From game 1, they'll be #1. The fight will be for #2. Maybe one of the Texan teams. If Longhorns kept their kids, they may have a shot at it, but they can't score.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 7/27/2010, 11:27 am

FlatBack4 wrote:
cornerkick96 wrote:No doubt the Tornados will be tough, but I also think there are several other teams which will have a say. Here are some observations (not in any order). Some of this is hearsay so may be inaccurate:

Odyssey could contend for top 3? From game 1, they'll be #1. The fight will be for #2. Maybe one of the Texan teams. If Longhorns kept their kids, they may have a shot at it, but they can't score.
Yeah, was out at ATF on Saturday with younger BB and caught a little of Ody scrimmaging with one of the Andro teams. Ody looked pretty big and bad - mostly big.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 7/27/2010, 9:56 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:

Yeah, was out at ATF on Saturday with younger BB and caught a little of Ody scrimmaging with one of the Andro teams. Ody looked pretty big and bad - mostly big.
It's always good to see the independent teams get some accolades! 96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Icon_cheers

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 7/27/2010, 10:40 pm

Didn't Ody lose to FCD Blue that went down to D-3 at Frisco Shawnee? ...and I thought DTW was supposed to keep the pick of the litter and DTRW was basically DTRN....or did this change and who is their coach? Also......any pick for D-3 this yr......could Kicks move up with ?...Inter or HPD should be solid........
ok back to D-2 .......so we confimed that DFW returns ...Longhorns may have lost some.....FCD could be a contender and Comets should look the same....Strikers -CCW - and FWU shouldnt surprise anyone but Ody is this unstoppable force? ....I thought they couldnt get past Comets? ? DTW or DTRW or 1 of them should be near the top.....So whose is ready to post the Fall rankings? ? ? ? ? ? ?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rowdy39tx 7/29/2010, 4:18 pm

CH1 wrote:Didn't Ody lose to FCD Blue that went down to D-3 at Frisco Shawnee? ...and I thought DTW was supposed to keep the pick of the litter and DTRW was basically DTRN....or did this change and who is their coach? Also......any pick for D-3 this yr......could Kicks move up with ?...Inter or HPD should be solid........
ok back to D-2 .......so we confimed that DFW returns ...Longhorns may have lost some.....FCD could be a contender and Comets should look the same....Strikers -CCW - and FWU shouldnt surprise anyone but Ody is this unstoppable force? ....I thought they couldnt get past Comets? ? DTW or DTRW or 1 of them should be near the top.....So whose is ready to post the Fall rankings? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Ody did lose to FCD Blue in Semis after double overtime and penalty kicks at Shawnee. However, they defeated DTRW-CL D1 to get to the semis. Saw this team scrimmage at Andro(D3 and D1)last weekend. Looks very strong.

rowdy39tx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 7/29/2010, 6:55 pm

rowdy39tx wrote:
CH1 wrote:Didn't Ody lose to FCD Blue that went down to D-3 at Frisco Shawnee? ...and I thought DTW was supposed to keep the pick of the litter and DTRW was basically DTRN....or did this change and who is their coach? Also......any pick for D-3 this yr......could Kicks move up with ?...Inter or HPD should be solid........
Ody did lose to FCD Blue in Semis after double overtime and penalty kicks at Shawnee. However, they defeated DTRW-CL D1 to get to the semis. Saw this team scrimmage at Andro(D3 and D1)last weekend. Looks very strong.
Looks good against a D1 team, loses to a team relagated to D3. Hmmm. Just goes to show that with guest player, and normal players out on vacation summer losses and summer wins don't mean shut. As far as predicting the season results.... ain't touching that one. That karma thing you know.....scary. But I would love to see others do it! c'mon mom, starbucks, flatback, corner guy, soccerdad....
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/29/2010, 7:55 pm

soccerdad1's son is sitting out for now (football) but I will make some predictions later
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 7/29/2010, 10:03 pm

Starbucks is enjoying the sidelines as a parent only and always reading with interest. Retired from managing 96 boys after 4 years. 96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Wish all the teams the best for this season!
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by halfbaked 7/29/2010, 10:52 pm

ODY did lose to FCD Blue, but I am not sure who they actually played. Only thing certain is that they were all wearing red hoops. Player who scored the goal in regulation later received a yellow card. At this point the center realized that the offending player had the same number as another player on the field for FCD. Turns out that the player who scored and got carded was not on the roster. Hmmmm. ODY coach and center ref huddled and decided to play on. I quess at the big clubs they have a different definition of "guest players."
centermiddad wrote:
rowdy39tx wrote:
Looks good against a D1 team, loses to a team relagated to D3. Hmmm. Just goes to show that with guest player, and normal players out on vacation summer losses and summer wins don't mean shut. As far as predicting the season results.... ain't touching that one. That karma thing you know.....scary. But I would love to see others do it! c'mon mom, starbucks, flatback, corner guy, soccerdad....

halfbaked
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 7/30/2010, 10:09 am

OK.....so let's stay away from rankings for now, and let's move to favorites for each division......
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 7/30/2010, 10:02 pm

[quote="halfbaked"]ODY did lose to FCD Blue, but I am not sure who they actually played. Only thing certain is that they were all wearing red hoops. Player who scored the goal in regulation later received a yellow card. At this point the center realized that the offending player had the same number as another player on the field for FCD. Turns out that the player who scored and got carded was not on the roster. Hmmmm. ODY coach and center ref huddled and decided to play on. I quess at the big clubs they have a different definition of "guest players."
"""If I had a dollar for every team we played with two kids playing with the same number.... That's the thing about non league play, kids older playing is not unusual. Non rostered, not unusual. Thats why they dont mean a thing. ODY coach doesn't mind an older kid playing in a meaningless game, he's looking for competitive practice, most coaches are. We played in Canada over the summer. Some games against the champion teams in ALberta our age, some one, some two years older. Its all about getting better for league play. Two a days start this weekend, let the season begin!!!"""
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 7/31/2010, 12:46 pm

Looks like it's the 96 forum that's going to bring the drama back to the board. It about time! It's been way too boring around here! Even if it's just for the drama, I hope Ody stays at the top all season! 96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Icon_cheers 96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Icon_lol

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 7/31/2010, 2:25 pm

with such high expectations of Ody it should be a great first game .....too bad the actual players don't read this stuff.....or could these print outs be handed out after practices as momentum builders? ? ? .....hhmmmm isn't that an American football strategy?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 7/31/2010, 3:42 pm

CH1 wrote:with such high expectations of Ody it should be a great first game .....too bad the actual players don't read this stuff.....or could these print outs be handed out after practices as momentum builders? ? ? .....hhmmmm isn't that an American football strategy?
forget that.....any of the kids able to handle American football are, most likely, long gone by this age..... 96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Icon_wink

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthSoccer 7/31/2010, 5:38 pm

What are you talking about Starbuck!! You sound like one of those typical America parents. So your saying all the best athletes play football. Wake up! At our sons last practice, there were a lot of football teams out there, they were a bunch of fat slow kids walking around. Their practice consisted of them running around a lite post half the time, it was a joke!! But a bet that was you when you were younger? Our kids would run circles around those kids! tongue

SouthSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 8/1/2010, 12:05 pm

SouthSoccer wrote:What are you talking about Starbuck!! You sound like one of those typical America parents. So your saying all the best athletes play football. Wake up! At our sons last practice, there were a lot of football teams out there, they were a bunch of fat slow kids walking around. Their practice consisted of them running around a lite post half the time, it was a joke!! But a bet that was you when you were younger? Our kids would run circles around those kids! tongue
You won't find me disagreeing with you, SouthSoccer! I'm right there with you on this! I'd even put money on the fact that your kids would run circles around "a bunch of fat slow kids walking around"! I'd even go as far as to say you might run at least half a circle yourself......
96B CL TEAMS  - Page 2 Lol

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 8/1/2010, 12:40 pm

Well, I probably should not interfere, a basic rule of mine being “never let the facts get in the way of a good catfight” but…. what the heck. I’m sure our kids would run circles around the big slow guys on the line, but the most athletic young rec soccer players in our little berg are now skill-position football players. You might be right about conditioning at the rec and middle school level. High school football, however, is another matter. There is seasonal team training with overlapping conditioning training that includes intensive strength and speed training (weights and Velocity). Off season, the strength and speed training continues both during school months and summer months. Add to that summer 7 v 7 competition for the skill players, an exercise that is extremely rigorous, and high school football becomes a year-around sport with a training regimen that is hugely more intensive and extensive than anything going on in club soccer. Based on my observations, any diligent high school skill-position football player would easily be the best conditioned athlete on any club team, some exceptions being made for a few fat guys on the line. Now, back to 96 club soccer.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 8/1/2010, 12:46 pm

Aswan wrote:Well, I probably should not interfere, a basic rule of mine being “never let the facts get in the way of a good catfight” but…. what the heck. I’m sure our kids would run circles around the big slow guys on the line, but the most athletic young rec soccer players in our little berg are now skill-position football players. You might be right about conditioning at the rec and middle school level. High school football, however, is another matter. There is seasonal team training with overlapping conditioning training that includes intensive strength and speed training (weights and Velocity). Off season, the strength and speed training continues both during school months and summer months. Add to that summer 7 v 7 competition for the skill players, an exercise that is extremely rigorous, and high school football becomes a year-around sport with a training regimen that is hugely more intensive and extensive than anything going on in club soccer. Based on my observations, any diligent high school skill-position football player would easily be the best conditioned athlete on any club team, some exceptions being made for a few fat guys on the line. Now, back to 96 club soccer.
Now you've done it. I was just goofing around with the football stuff. You had to go and bring facts into it. Ok, any subsequent posts are now your responsibility!

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 8/1/2010, 1:05 pm

last year,at a jv soccer tournament, a team pulled out so the host school asked a bunch of football players to enter as the 2nd jv team-that football/soccer team came within 1 game of reaching the finals-they were horrendously funny to watch and the only person on the team to every play select was the keeper. Being out of shape was not a factor,in fact the team was very conditioned.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2