Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas

+11
itsamoneygrab
blues fan
twotone
go1
ShastaTx
go99
Riquelme Rises
earbucket
Laroja_2012
soccerdadrandy
The German
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas Empty Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas

Post by The German 9/8/2016, 4:55 pm

FC Dallas signed another homegrown player. Congrats to Paxton Pomykal. http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2016/09/08/record-signing-paxton-pomykal-fc-dallas-benefits-homegrown-rule-cowboys-rangers-mavericks-envy?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas Empty Re: Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/8/2016, 11:11 pm

The German wrote:FC Dallas signed another homegrown player. Congrats to Paxton Pomykal. http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2016/09/08/record-signing-paxton-pomykal-fc-dallas-benefits-homegrown-rule-cowboys-rangers-mavericks-envy?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Paxton has a bright future and is a very wonderful, humble, human being. Best wishes young man.....
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas Empty Re: Another homegrown Signing by FC Dallas

Post by Laroja_2012 9/9/2016, 8:50 am

You could see it coming: PP has been playing very well with the FC Dallas DA and for sure he had opportunities to train with the FC Dallas team to show his talent. This shows that the path to professional soccer is facilitated at the MLS DA. The other DA are mostly to prepare for college soccer.

I am also wondering if PP will have to drop off from HS. He is only a Junior.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/9/2016, 9:12 am

Laroja_2012 wrote:You could see it coming: PP has been playing very well with the FC Dallas DA and for sure he had opportunities to train with the FC Dallas team to show his talent. This shows that the path to professional soccer is facilitated at the MLS DA. The other DA are mostly to prepare for college soccer.

I am also wondering if PP will have to drop off from HS. He is only a Junior.

he is taking all of hie classes online and train 2 to three times a day. you are wrong about the roll of other DA programs. while FCD MLS academy is the destination for the elite from clubs as the TEXANS where PP was from 8 years of age to 15, 99 percent of all of these kids will end up playing college soccer instead of signing pro contracts. the other DA programs will continue to churn out their fair share of talent that will by neccessity migrate to FCD, Dynamo etc.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 9/9/2016, 10:37 am

Laroja_2012 wrote:This shows that the path to professional soccer is facilitated at the MLS DA. The other DA are mostly to prepare for college soccer.

If this is the message for the DA system, then it has failed.  The non-MLS DA's such as PA Classics should just mind their little section of turf and not concern themselves with developing world class players.  DA's should be developing players no matter the circumstances and when they fail to do that, then they should be dismissed from academy.  

It just stands to reason that these DA players take advantage of the landscape that is and play in college.  And it's a nice fallback if a kid gets injured and post career plans.  

If the non-MLS DA's are preparing kids for college soccer then they would allow HS play, because HS play is much closer to college soccer than DA is.  The new ENPL will attempt to do that next year.

And then there are a significant number of non-MLS DA players who get added by MLS DA clubs, so one could say the non-MLS DA's prepare for MLS DAs.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/9/2016, 10:40 am

earbucket wrote:
Laroja_2012 wrote:This shows that the path to professional soccer is facilitated at the MLS DA. The other DA are mostly to prepare for college soccer.

If this is the message for the DA system, then it has failed.  The non-MLS DA's such as PA Classics should just mind their little section of turf and not concern themselves with developing world class players.  DA's should be developing players no matter the circumstances and when they fail to do that, then they should be dismissed from academy.  

It just stands to reason that these DA players take advantage of the landscape that is and play in college.  And it's a nice fallback if a kid gets injured and post career plans.  

If the non-MLS DA's are preparing kids for college soccer then they would allow HS play, because HS play is much closer to college soccer than DA is.  The new ENPL will attempt to do that next year.

And then there are a significant number of non-MLS DA players who get added by MLS DA clubs, so one could say the non-MLS DA's prepare for MLS DAs.

Spot on!!!
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 9/9/2016, 11:16 am

Sccerdandy really likes PP and has all the 411 on him....kind of spooky
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/9/2016, 11:21 am

Riquelme Rises wrote:Sccerdandy really likes PP and has all the 411 on him....kind of spooky
Lol solid player and good person. His dad, Hassan and Hudgell groomed him for FCD.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/9/2016, 11:50 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:Sccerdandy really likes PP and has all the 411 on him....kind of spooky
Lol solid player and good person. His dad, Hassan and Hudgell groomed him for FCD.
wait do they know that?

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/9/2016, 2:58 pm

OK ok lets all just pump the brakes a little. The list of signed FCD players who never made it past their original contract is longer than the ones that did. This is no message from the DA because even FCD sends most kids to college not pro ranks. FCD is providing NO path to the pro's PP was already getting buzz internationally all FCD did was capitalize on that buzz so now if somebody wants him they have to pay FCD which is what they failed to do with The Chosen ONE. Great player who has worked really hard to get where he is. Regardless of what he said in the interview I hope he hasn't capped himself at the MLS level and FCD. Hopefully this is a stepping stone note a celing
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/9/2016, 6:58 pm

I think they know http://www.dallastexans.com/news_article/show/695576?referrer_id=
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/9/2016, 9:22 pm

lol NICE!!!!
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/10/2016, 9:19 am

his link pulls a page full of crap so...................

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/10/2016, 11:49 am

itsamoneygrab wrote:his link pulls a page full of crap so...................
Which part is untrue
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 9/10/2016, 12:00 pm

I am wondering the same thing...Which part is a bunch of crap?

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/10/2016, 12:12 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegrown_Player_Rule_(Major_League_Soccer)

To place a player on its homegrown player list, making him eligible to sign as a homegrown player, players must have resided in that club's home territory and participated in the club's youth development system for at least one year, as well as meeting other unspecified league requirements.[5]
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/10/2016, 4:22 pm

oh when I bunched your link in at first it went to a page full of other articles thanks for this one though now I see thank you for sharing the info

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/10/2016, 11:41 pm

so does your son play for the fcd academy also?

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/10/2016, 11:48 pm

itsamoneygrab wrote:so does your son play for the fcd academy also?

no sir. he is on hudgells U16 USSF Academy team. 4 of his teammates have gone to FCD over the last 2 years. 3 of those are no longer playing academy soccer at all Shocked Shocked
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/11/2016, 8:49 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:

no sir. he is on hudgells U16 USSF Academy team. 4 of his teammates have gone to FCD over the last 2 years. 3 of those are no longer playing academy soccer at all Shocked Shocked
k then so will he be going over to fcd following his other team mates to the path of glory with Hassans blessings of course Wink

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/11/2016, 9:40 am

itsamoneygrab wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:

k then so will he be going over to fcd following his other team mates to the path of glory with Hassans blessings of course Wink
While I wouldn't want to openly presume he has a spot at FCD if he chose to leave, I suggest it is the natural "next step" for the US Academy elite. While we joined the Texans later in life than some, my BB does have an affection and relationship with Hassan that runs very deep. By MLS rules if he should join FCD and play 1 year in their Academy, FCD could sign him and thus be called another Home Grown player. Similar to a tree you may purchase from Home Depot Garden Center. The tree could have come from San Antonio or Austin or Houston Nursery where it has been cared for for a number of years. The tree would still be advertised as Home Grown or Texas Grown but lots of hands loved, nurtured and prepared it until it was ready for market. Some trees die at the hands of Home Depot. Sometimes it's Home Depots fault but mostly an undetected or unforeseen disease might kill it. Mostly survival is up to the tree. Pruning and watering is required maintenence. Not sure if this a good analogy or not lol
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by itsamoneygrab 9/11/2016, 10:30 am

good enough example for me lol but hey let me ask a question... are you a fan of the sport of soccer or just a fan of your son? I mean did you ever play the game yourself or did you just get involved after your son started playing? I think its an interesting question that another poster had asked me.

itsamoneygrab
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/11/2016, 10:33 am

itsamoneygrab wrote:good enough example for me lol    but hey let me ask a question... are you a fan of the sport of soccer or just a fan of your son? I mean did you ever play the game yourself or did you just get involved after your son started playing? I think its an interesting question that another poster had asked me.
Only because of my sons involvement have I become a fan of the sport. Without his involvement I would have never learned to love it. So yes I am a fan now Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go1 9/12/2016, 12:35 pm

Ok, none of those clubs can take credit for PP, really. He is obviously one of those kids who refuses to lose, and his dad was the catalyst of cultivating his ability. Dad coached him from a young age. I remember when my kid was in 1st grade/2nd grade playing 3v3s, indoor and at PSA occasionally against his dad's Dynamo team(s) (I'm sure they played other leagues too). Before your team would play them, you would hear stories of PP and be looking for some athletic kid that you could identify on the Dynamos team to make sure he would be marked, and you would see several kids on the Dynamos who looked the part . . . and then there was this little kid with a mop of blond hair who you thought "nah, couldn't be him, too small". Then he'd start playing and . . . suddenly you would realize. Anyway, regardless of the club teams in town, his dad would have guided him to where he is, regardless. He has been the best (or at least arguably the best) in his age group in the area since 1st grade. Dad plus kid with laser focus on his game = where PP is today.

go1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 9/12/2016, 12:47 pm

go1 wrote:Ok, none of those clubs can take credit for PP, really.  He is obviously one of those kids who refuses to lose, and his dad was the catalyst of cultivating his ability.  Dad coached him from a young age.  I remember when my kid was in 1st grade/2nd grade playing 3v3s, indoor and at PSA occasionally against his dad's Dynamo team(s) (I'm sure they played other leagues too).  Before your team would play them, you would hear stories of PP and be looking for some athletic kid that you could identify on the Dynamos team to make sure he would be marked, and you would see several kids on the Dynamos who looked the part . . . and then there was this little kid with a mop of blond hair who you thought "nah, couldn't be him, too small".  Then he'd start playing and . . . suddenly you would realize.    Anyway, regardless of the club teams in town, his dad would have guided him to where he is, regardless.  He has been the best (or at least arguably the best) in his age group in the area since 1st grade.  Dad plus kid with laser focus on his game = where PP is today.  
Wonderful insight!! I agree that son and Dad get the credit. Thanks for sharing. FCD will help him continue to grow but for those that will want to give FCD all or even most of the credit (as it pertains to coaching), the Dallas Texans were there first. Awesome BB and family.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next