Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DA vs. ODP - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DA vs. ODP

+9
Uncleof05AP
GotNoGame
KNolan05
Number13
Forthegame4
PremierLeagueFan
earbucket
soccerdadrandy
ballMovement
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DA vs. ODP - Page 2 Empty Re: DA vs. ODP

Post by Soccer27 10/18/2016, 10:26 pm

There is a big difference between ODP and DA. ODP is for those that just want extra touches and play time. You meet new parents and your BB gets to play with new kids. There is. I chemistry but everyone on the top ODP team are good. Is it worth all the money you pay ... the answer is no. But if you have extra money and feel like letting your BB play and practice more than it's worth it. You will have the parents whose kids werent selected to ODP bad mouth ODP and blame it on politics. My BB did it for 2 years and was selected to Alabama. We past on going to Alabama since he was already selected for DA.

DA you practice more, play against the top team against the top players. It's well worth it. I would recommend it to the BB who want to take their soccer career to a higher level. You will get exposure and it's well worth the sacrifice.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 10/19/2016, 10:35 am

Soccer27 wrote:There is a big difference between ODP and DA.

At the top of ODP there isn't much difference between it and DA. A few years ago, 6 kids on the Region 3 team now play regularly for MLS and non-MLS DA's.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/19/2016, 11:09 am

earbucket wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:There is a big difference between ODP and DA.

At the top of ODP there isn't much difference between it and DA. A few years ago, 6 kids on the Region 3 team now play regularly for MLS and non-MLS DA's.

A few years ago, eh Montgomery Burns? Makes me reminisce about taking my car to the station to fill it up with petroleum distillate and re-vulcanize my tires. Smile

If those kids you mention are from NTX, well I think that time has passed as ODP appeal has slipped. '99 parent perspective different from '03 parent perspective. I would agree that when you get to the top of the Region 3 team you get kids that look similar to DA kids. Just based on having seen some of the best FL/GA/NC kids play at camp. But those aren't NTX kids. And even if the cream of ODP is equivalent to DA kids, there is still a big difference in the programs. One is a side activity and the majority of your time is spent prior to it being filtered to the ostensibly high-level kids at regional level, and the other is a full-time soccer job with high-level kids.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/19/2016, 11:20 am

I'm pretty sure the demise of NTX ODP is somehow reflected in the demishing number of meaningful discussion on this forum. Seems that each year there is less substantive communication in ODP thread
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 10/19/2016, 1:09 pm

I think it is reasonable that MLS clubs aggressively recruit ODP's top players as well as any other resource. Colorado Rapids were scouting Dallas Cup teams last year.

The six I'm referred to are 99s and were added well after the PA/DA phenomenon. And your are right 13, only two were NTX players.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 10/19/2016, 1:31 pm

I will agree that the individual player on the top 03 ODP team are DA caliber. But the team as in whole isn't DA caliber.
4 players of the top 03ODP team are playing DA for the same club.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/19/2016, 1:37 pm

Soccer27 wrote:I will agree that the individual player on the top 03 ODP team are DA caliber. But the team as in whole isn't DA caliber.
4 players of the top 03ODP team are playing DA for the same club.

Yes depth!, is a huge difference.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 10/27/2016, 12:23 pm

This is from the Top Drawer article "Top U18 surprises in DA" (behind a paywall).

"Lonestar deserves mounds of credit for building its infrastructure enough that this year’s U18 side is off to a 5-0-1 start without a single major star."

Lonestar hired two coaches in March last year from two separate successful programs. The program director was hired from Phoenix, AZ area and the current U18 coach was hired from Georgetown Hodor. Notice how many of the regular starters for Lonestar's U18 team are first year DA players. Not hard to imagine that these players were significant members of a classic level team that competed in Region 3 playoffs last year losing out to Solar Red. Lonestars also added a really good player from FCD.

Good coaching includes having good players.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/27/2016, 12:27 pm

earbucket wrote:This is from the Top Drawer article "Top U18 surprises in DA" (behind a paywall).

"Lonestar deserves mounds of credit for building its infrastructure enough that this year’s U18 side is off to a 5-0-1 start without a single major star."

Lonestar hired two coaches in March last year from two separate successful programs.  The program director was hired from Phoenix, AZ area and the current U18 coach was hired from Georgetown Hodor.  Notice how many of the regular starters for Lonestar's U18 team are first year DA players.  Not hard to imagine that these players were significant members of a classic level team that competed in Region 3 playoffs last year losing out to Solar Red.   Lonestars also added a really good player from FCD.

Good coaching includes having good players.  
They are scoring a lot of goals and making waves in the U16 DA as well.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sokkermom11 11/5/2016, 1:02 pm

ODP is more for extra touches. If you attend just make sure not to get frustrated. Its not always high level practices nor games.  They usually end up with players that did not make DA or players just wanting to get more practices in. Do your homework. Everyone has their on opinions.  From what I see the FCD academy is bringing in more and more kids from out of town. (Mexico, Guatemala, Miami and El Paso) So that may push more kids out from the DFW area.
At the end of it all its about the money and growing the club. (business). I think both are good depending on what you are looking for.

sokkermom11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 7/18/2017, 12:47 pm

IMHO, if you just want extra touches, just play HS soccer in addition to club. If HS soccer is not of interest, then DA is the way to go (if you can commit to the practice schedule and the possible long drive to the practices numerous times a week).

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KKim 1/22/2018, 6:27 pm

Interestingly, many DA players were once Top ODP kids...

KKim
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum