Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 Classic D1 - Page 17 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Classic D1

+48
txsoccerdad10
DallasRebels05B
lobosfc17
TikiTaka10
Solar 07B
Dallassoccerdad
Whatdoiknow1
07 boys soccer
ABCDE FC
OP05
Entering the Fray
TXSoccerBall
rgr07dad
Sal-Ker
DaddyRebel
SEC8
moonequiped
ShastaTx
thebirdstheword
Solar5555
DragonStryker
DblDown
TayJ6
just-a-dad
cruiser
baller07
FCD07 Mom
longview
Nomansoccerdad
Bears
bueler13
robertogag
itscalledfootball
No_Surprise_Here
Soccer_Dad_NTX
CSTinDFW
good4nuthin
finish1
soccerfan0522
07Boy
MurderWasTheCase
takinumbers
blackcleatsoccerfan
DR07B
Socceropath
Uncleof05AP
ScottyTX
twotone
52 posters

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

U11 Classic D1 - Page 17 Empty Re: U11 Classic D1

Post by Guest 9/23/2017, 3:29 pm

I saw the FCD Academy vs. McKinney game. McKinney's boys were very well prepared to play this match. They got off to a very fast start, and they executed their game plan flawlessly. I don't think they could have played a better match honestly. Kudos goes to McKinney and his team for a great victory against the best team they'll play. Its a great way to bounce back.

The only issue I saw were the Solar parents. Now I'll start by saying that I didn't have a kid on the pitch during the game. Yet, I noticed several times where the Solar parents were walking behind the FCD parents, cheering very obnoxiously. I take no issue with the volume of their chants, only that they were in the area designated for the FCD parents, and things could have easily gotten out of hand. Kudos the the FCD parents who showed class, and chose to focus on their kids and not engage the Solar parents who were clearly rogue. I'm sure McKinney doesn't encourage this nonsense, so I'm in no way claiming that all of their parents were behaving without class, only a few bad apples. (one older gentleman was a habitual offender...smh )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2017, 3:43 pm

Upset Alert

Congrats to Liverpool Owen on a 3-0 defeat of NTX Celtic....

Wow... It's so fun to see that 10 year old soccer is really heating up this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/23/2017, 6:32 pm

Down with the overated FC DALLAS  ACADEMY.... GO SOLAR

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/23/2017, 6:34 pm

factsmatter wrote:I saw the FCD Academy vs. McKinney game. McKinney's boys were very well prepared to play this match. They got off to a very fast start, and they executed their game plan flawlessly. I don't think they could have played a better match honestly. Kudos goes to McKinney and his team for a great victory against the best team they'll play. Its a great way to bounce back.

The only issue I saw were the Solar parents. Now I'll start by saying that I didn't have a kid on the pitch during the game. Yet, I noticed several times where the Solar parents were walking behind the FCD  parents, cheering very obnoxiously.  I take no issue with the volume of their chants, only that they were in the area designated for the FCD parents, and things could have easily gotten out of hand. Kudos the the FCD parents who showed class, and chose to focus on their kids and not engage the Solar parents who were clearly rogue. I'm sure McKinney doesn't encourage this nonsense, so I'm in no way claiming that all of their parents were behaving without class, only a few bad apples. (one older gentleman was a habitual offender...smh )

Well said. As a FCD parent, kudos to Solar McKinney. They were better from the start. Well deserved victory. 
Also congrats to Rebels. They are looking like the team to beat on D1. LP Owen put it together vs Celtic. Great win!!

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/23/2017, 6:35 pm

Solar5555 wrote:Down with the overated FC DALLAS  ACADEMY.... GO SOLAR

What is your problem with FCD? I have nothing but respect for Solar. Foreign or not, I'm getting tired of your rant around here...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 9/23/2017, 6:37 pm

This thread keeps getting better and better!

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/23/2017, 6:58 pm

By that nonsense you wrote about the solar parents you sound a LITTLE upset FC,DALLAS lost to SOLAR

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/23/2017, 7:12 pm

Solar5555 wrote:By that nonsense you wrote about the solar parents you sound a LITTLE upset FC,DALLAS  lost to SOLAR

Are you talking about me? I said nothing about solar parents...I congratulated Solar on the win....Great win, well deserved....You are the one in here with a chip on your shoulder....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2017, 7:17 pm

Solar5555 wrote:By that nonsense you wrote about the solar parents you sound a LITTLE upset FC,DALLAS  lost to SOLAR

Well now that I know you can't spell or read, might I point out that in my post I clearly state that my kid wasn't even playing. ...LOL... I wonder if you, Solar5555, was the knucklehead Solar parent that was being obnoxious on the sidelines today. Ifso, you're much older than I initially thought... and you should probably get that nervous tick checked out too, looks painful... #FCDHater #crazyParent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 9/23/2017, 8:05 pm

I wasnt at the Solar v. FCD game but was getting TeamSnap updates as the game went along. I'm a Solar McKinney parent. I'm usually loud but never ever turn it to the parents or kids of the other team. I heard Mckinney had the game recorded. Hopefully I can get my hands on it!

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 9/23/2017, 8:18 pm

ANYWAYS.....

Solar Mckinney 5-2 over FC Dallas quite unexpected…Against all odds. Sounds like Mckinney won the lottery.

Solar Kennington continues to climb - 2-1 vs ETX wildcatters. The fight for the Solar Throne continues.

No real king in Texans battle for the throne. 0-0.

Liverpool Owen 3-0 victory over Celtic says a lot about them.

Rebels continue to demolish their opponents - 7-2 vs ayses. Their victories are as big as their players.

FC Dallas Suarez continue to rise, 5-0 vs texans south!

Allegiance 4-0 vs Fever raises questions. Did the new wonder boy fit in?

Elite United loses again, 0-1 vs FCD youth blue, are they marching out of the top 10?

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2017, 8:34 pm

-- Week 4 Scores Update --

FCD Academy v Solar McKinney 2-5
Solar Kennington v ETX Wildcatters 2-1
TXN Dallas v TXN Red 0-0
LP Owen v Celtic 3-0
Rebels v Ayses 7-2
TXN South v FCD Youth 0-5
Allegiance v Fever 4-0
Elite v FCD Blue 0-1
LP St John v FCD ETX 2-2
FCD W v Tigres  No Scores Yet

--------------------------------------------------------------

Shout outs to the following picks that were spot on:

Factsmatter               Solar Kennington v ETX Wildcatters 2-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2017, 8:49 pm

baller07 wrote:ANYWAYS.....

Solar Mckinney 5-2 over FC Dallas quite unexpected…Against all odds. Sounds like Mckinney won the lottery.

Solar Kennington continues to climb - 2-1 vs ETX wildcatters. The fight for the Solar Throne continues.

Rebels continue to demolish their opponents - 7-2 vs ayses. Their victories are as big as their players.

Elite United loses again, 0-1 vs FCD youth blue, are they marching out of the top 10?

Very well stated... I really enjoyed this weekend. Today just proves that despite what the rankings show, anything can happen on the pitch... That's part of why it's so exciting for me week to week. I'll confess, I'm a sucker for the underdog in a fight, so it sent me over the moon to see what I would term as 3 upset results in a single weekend (McKinney over FCD Academy, LP over Celtic, and FCD Blue over Elite)... Hopefully these teams will all continue working, as NTX Celtic probably learned the hard way following their upset victory over McKinney just a week ago... you can't live on past results, the games have to be played.

I agree, I think Elite United just might be on their way out of the Top 10. Now I'm on record stating earlier in the summer that they seemed to be over-rated.. I don't take it back. I called it back during the King Tut Tournament, and I'm standing by that analysis from what I see. (I also still believe the same to be true of LP Owen... here is a link to jog your memory: https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=57192&Gender=Boys&Age=11)

Allegiance didn't prove anything today, but Fever sure did. I'll stop my comment there, because I don't wanna start into that rabbit hole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 9/24/2017, 9:40 am

The "Solar Throne" that is funny. Unlike FCD and Texans, Solar has not pooled or combined players to make a "top team" to compete - YET

Want to see the "top team" in action? Just wait for the DA combination of Solar players from the five D1 and D2 teams...

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/24/2017, 9:56 am

Solar 07B wrote:

The "Solar Throne" that is funny.  Unlike FCD and Texans, Solar has not pooled or combined players to make a "top team" to compete - YET

Want to see the "top team" in action?  Just wait for the DA combination of Solar players from the five D1 and D2 teams...

It looks like Solar will definitely have a very strong DA team if they can get all their top players in DA. That is a big IF considering 3 of Solar's top 6 teams are so far away from their DA practice facility. I already know of 3 TOP SOLAR players that could make it in any of the big 3 DAs next year that are NOT going DA because they live in Tarrant County and the parents don't want to make that drive to Greenhill every day... 

Interesting that all 3 DA teams are E and NE of the Metroplex when there are a lot of great players in Tarrant County with no easy access to DA facilities...

I think we need to collectively start a little project. I'll take the lead if everyone pitches in.
It would be nice to see a MAP of the Metroplex showing where all D1 and D2 teams practice facilities are located.
The we can easily identify where the DA practice facilities are.
Then finally (and this would take some time) it would be nice to get from each team (you parents in here can help by looking at your teamsnap rosters) in what cities are their Kids are coming from. 

I could build a few maps and a heat map showing where the talent is relative to DA facilities. Also would be nice to see all Classic Teams facilities in a map so that all in here can benefit...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 9/24/2017, 10:16 am

Solar 07B wrote:

The "Solar Throne" that is funny.  Unlike FCD and Texans, Solar has not pooled or combined players to make a "top team" to compete - YET

Want to see the "top team" in action?  Just wait for the DA combination of Solar players from the five D1 and D2 teams...

You know as well as anyone that McKinney has pooled the players from his area save one or two (all the top players left where they started to join his team, I recognized 3 from Oglesby that left shortly after AP). Asserting there are more than 1 or 2 prospects on Martinez's team isn't realistic and there are presently no prospects on lanier's team (they'd be playing with McKinney if there were, might be 1 or 2 2nd team prospects, more of a were just talking BFS).

What Solar hasn't done is pool the entire club yet and their top 13 club-wide clearly aren't on the same team yet as with FCD. DT is arguably split bewteen Dallas and Red though there are arguments as to how many of Red's players could play Dallas's system.

DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/24/2017, 10:22 am

DragonStryker wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:

You know as well as anyone that McKinney has pooled the players from his area save one or two (all the top players left where they started to join his team, I recognized 3 from Oglesby that left shortly after AP). Asserting there are more than 1 or 2 prospects on Martinez's team isn't realistic and there are presently no prospects on lanier's team (they'd be playing with McKinney if there were, might be 1 or 2 2nd team prospects, more of a were just talking BFS).  

What Solar hasn't done is pool the entire club yet and their top 13 club-wide clearly aren't on the same team yet as with FCD.  DT is arguably split bewteen Dallas and Red though there are arguments as to how many of Red's players could play Dallas's system.

I'm FCD, but I have seen several of Solar teams play. From an unbiased observer, I do think there are about 3 or 4 so kids from Martinez, 4 or 5 from Volkan and 4 or 5 from Kennington plus 7 or so from McKinney. That is 16 to 21 kids right there.

Plus as we all know, who the DA coach is a big deal and that will make a difference. I don't think McKinney has an A license. So he is automatically out. Does that mean a lot of his players will be taken away? Maybe not...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 9/24/2017, 10:32 am

Easy enough to identify where the DA practice facilities are:
FC Dallas - Frisco (Toyota Soccer Center)
Dallas Texans - Farmers Branch (Ross Stewart)
Solar - Dallas (Greenhill School)

True that there is nothing South of the area. Unfortunate, but for whatever reason no DA teams are based down there. There is not going to be any DA clubs added in the Dallas area either, so do not expect that to change. The DA is not for everyone so pick the route that is right for you. It is a huge time commitment, so be prepared for soccer to be your world. Believe me, it is not yet!!! Lol

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/24/2017, 10:39 am

ShastaTx wrote:Easy enough to identify where the DA practice facilities are:
FC Dallas - Frisco (Toyota Soccer Center)
Dallas Texans - Farmers Branch (Ross Stewart)
Solar - Dallas (Greenhill School)

True that there is nothing South of the area. Unfortunate, but for whatever reason no DA teams are based down there. There is not going to be any DA clubs added in the Dallas area either, so do not expect that to change. The DA is not for everyone so pick the route that is right for you. It is a huge time commitment, so be prepared for soccer to be your world. Believe me, it is not yet!!! Lol

We all know where the DA facilities are. There nothing south OR WEST. One could argue there are a lot more good teams WEST than SOUTH. That is why a heat map with the cities where D1 and D2 players are coming from would be interesting. It might just show that the Big 3 know what they are doing with their locations. Or it might show that for some of the BIG 3, their  DA location makes absolutely no sense....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx 9/24/2017, 10:44 am

Carry on, I thought everyone knew where the practices facilities were too. Your post seem to indicate you did not. Have fun with your project. In the end, it does not matter. The facility locations are not changing. Well, I guess Solar could as they do not really have their own facility anyways.

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 9/24/2017, 11:37 am

DragonStryker wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:

What Solar hasn't done is pool the entire club yet and their top 13 club-wide clearly aren't on the same team yet as with FCD.  DT is arguably split bewteen Dallas and Red though there are arguments as to how many of Red's players could play Dallas's system.

What will be very interesting to see is which DA team picks off one or two of the top players off of Allegiance (already lost one to McKinney before the season), Ayses, Rush, Rebels, FC Legends- each of those have difference makers that carry the teams on their back and will even better with a better supporting cast.

Solar will be interesting to see them come together and iff it gets political coming from that many different teams.

Next June will be very interesting and fun to see who lands who, then after DA starts, this board will get very boring.

Last edited by 07 boys soccer on 9/24/2017, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 9/24/2017, 11:59 am

Socceroo wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:

I'm FCD, but I have seen several of Solar teams play. From an unbiased observer, I do think there are about 3 or 4 so kids from Martinez, 4 or 5 from Volkan and 4 or 5 from Kennington plus 7 or so from McKinney. That is 16 to 21 kids right there.

Plus as we all know, who the DA coach is a big deal and that will make a difference. I don't think McKinney has an A license. So he is automatically out. Does that mean a lot of his players will be taken away? Maybe not...

You do not need an A license to coach DA. You need a national B license - Both McKinney and Lanier have national B licenses.

From what I have seen, I think Solar has 20+ kids on their current Classic League teams that could play at the DA level next year.

Side note - my son is not one of them. Being a December 07 birthday, I hope he physically shows up and still has the level of interest a year or two down the road - if not, that high school field goal kicker position is all his!

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 9/24/2017, 12:03 pm

I'd wager silly season will start way, way, way before June for DA selections. Wouldn't surprise me to see pool practices start early into the spring season or late into fall.

If the goal is to build the strongest squad possible, getting them practicing together sooner makes tons of sense.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 9/24/2017, 12:10 pm

Solar 07B wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:

You do not need an A license to coach DA.  You need a national B license - Both McKinney and Lanier have national B licenses.

From what I have seen, I think Solar has 20+ kids on their current Classic League teams that could play at the DA level next year.  

Side note - my son is not one of them. Being a December 07 birthday, I hope he physically shows up and still has the level of interest a year or two down the road - if not, that high school field goal kicker position is all his!

Same boat, son has already been told he has the skill but not the size and that assuming he's still playing he'll likely be on the u16 squad assuming anticipated further skill and IQ development. Time will tell if he stays interested and focused enough to make that happen.

If McKinney gets tapped, plan on 80% or more of his current squad making DA. If he isn't, it's probably more like 40% to 50%. Lanier would be a solid choice but that would suck for his current D2 squad as they'd lose a solid coach.

Martinez and Oglesby are also options. As is Castro. Don't believe Kennington or Volkan have the requisite licenses at present.

I'm betting it's a coach not presently involved with the 07's.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 9/24/2017, 12:21 pm

Solar 07B wrote:

Actually, Matt turned down all the pooling back in January and turned down Joey's offer to take any of his players. Back in January (I might be wrong in my timing) Solar 07s had a pool training and it was Matt's team and then all the other teams that were pooled together (Volkan, Oglesby at the time, etc.). That was just for training. When Joey K. came back to Solar, he offered any of his players to Matt. We scrimmaged, Matt's team beat Joey's team 4-0 or 4-1 in the scrimmage and Matt didn't see anything that he needed to add to his team. I have also heard from good sources that Wells will be the Solar 07 DA coach but that could change. My 03 plays for Adrian's u15 DA team so I am down at Greenhill pretty much EVERYDAY and get to hear and talk about a ton. I also take my 07 to Diego's 06 DA training when I can get him out there. Matt and Diego gave me the ok to do that, since it's not an open practice.

Even with all of that I can say there will definitely be changes to the program and nothing is for sure. Adrian might change his mind about the 07 DA coach and player selection will change as well. But the initial Solar thought process for the 07 DA team was Matt's team and then the other Solar team's pooling, with outside players being added to either squad as their skill level would take them. Plus you have 4 07s on the 06 DA team. Once the DA teams go from 9v9 to 11v11 the teams will most likely be trimmed. The 03s were trimmed down to 14 players and only 2 new additions. So the 03 roster is only 16 players. Once 11v11 only 16 dress for games PLUS a new rule allows players a year older that are not physically developed to play down a year. That's a new rule, weird rule, but new. We don't have any of those on the u15 roster as Diego took his u16 DA roster into Classic league this year, and they LOST to Odyssey already. Plus you have Strickers National Champions in that league as well.

Sorry for the long post. Just thought I could offer up any info that I had to help.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 9/24/2017, 12:27 pm

Also, from talking with Adrian, as Solar continues to look for a home, US Soccer is putting pressure to have Solar more in the Fortworth and/or Tarrant County area as the DFW area already has FCD in Frisco and Texans in Dallas area. That's not to say they won't keep all of their current locations, US Soccer's mindset is that there is already strong representation in those areas.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next