Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 Classic D1 - Page 20 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Classic D1

+48
txsoccerdad10
DallasRebels05B
lobosfc17
TikiTaka10
Solar 07B
Dallassoccerdad
Whatdoiknow1
07 boys soccer
ABCDE FC
OP05
Entering the Fray
TXSoccerBall
rgr07dad
Sal-Ker
DaddyRebel
SEC8
moonequiped
ShastaTx
thebirdstheword
Solar5555
DragonStryker
DblDown
TayJ6
just-a-dad
cruiser
baller07
FCD07 Mom
longview
Nomansoccerdad
Bears
bueler13
robertogag
itscalledfootball
No_Surprise_Here
Soccer_Dad_NTX
CSTinDFW
good4nuthin
finish1
soccerfan0522
07Boy
MurderWasTheCase
takinumbers
blackcleatsoccerfan
DR07B
Socceropath
Uncleof05AP
ScottyTX
twotone
52 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

U11 Classic D1 - Page 20 Empty Re: U11 Classic D1

Post by SEC8 9/26/2017, 10:05 am

DragonStryker wrote:
SEC8 wrote:
just-a-dad wrote:
Dallassoccerdad wrote:That’s easy, I have an email address, internet connnection and power just like everyone else on here.  

I may also be a coach
I may also have multiple kids in different levels of soccer
I may have posted drunk last night and not used spell check
I may have an opinion
I may know nothing
I may know everything

I’m also sorry I offended your child’s team.

actually, we are not one of the offended teams.   like I said in the past, let's stick to predicting games, not judging 10 year olds.  every kid and team played the same system to.get into classic.  if they made it, then they deserve it.    nothing personal homie, all good.  

I thought Dallassoccerdad's assessment was dead on. Hard to give Rebels the #2 spot until they beat a top team.

Here's mine:
1. FCD Academy
2/3. TXN Red (TXN teams in no particular order)
2/3. TXN Dallas
4. Solar McKinney
5. Rebels
6/7. Solar Kennington
6/7. LP Owen

Both TXN teams have played well and deserve to be 2/3 until they lose.

McKinney and LP Owen have had some instability on the field recently, however both are very talented teams and play good soccer (a little too direct for me, but there isn't one way to play the game). I expect them both to continue on winning for the foreseeable future. Could easily make an argument for a 3 way tie for 5/6/7 with McKinney/LP Owen/Kennington, however giving McKinney the bump due to a strong showing against FCD Academy.

The good news is we have some great talent at the 07 age group!

For what it's worth, the Rebels have beat your number 2/3 (Txn Red) twice and they did it in the same tournament.

I think we're all aware how tough it is to beat a team twice in one tournament.

I agree they shouldn't be #2 but you can't say they haven't played/beat a top team.

Yes, they had beaten TXN Red pre-select in May. I was only taking in consideration of games played since Select signing. Not saying Rebels doesn't deserve the #2 spot, or that they are not the #2 team, just saying I'm holding off giving it to them until they play some stronger competition. Just think TXN teams have gotten it done recently and deserve that 2/3 spot for now.

only time will tell.

SEC8
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 9/26/2017, 10:18 am

Socceroo wrote:
just-a-dad wrote:
Dallassoccerdad wrote:Exactly. I’m confused how people that say they follow this stuff are stating some of these teams being goog dn Ongrat when they haven't played the tough teams.

If I had to rank em in D1 it’s

FC Dallas academy in a class of their own (even with that solar upset)

A few notches below are the two texan teams at 2/3 then mckinney

Then maybe the rebels can earn this spot that used to be locked up by elite United if they start beating the teams above them.

Then another drop off to a bunch teams with a variety of growing pains that can beat each other at any given meeting and no way to rank them this early.

Then the few teams that probably didn’t deserve to make d1 and it’s going to be a rough year for.

please share your qualifications with the group.  you seem to know a whole lot about soccer and who deserves to be where.  

C'mon Just-a-dad...

Dallassoccerdad weekly prediction scores really reflect his high knowledge of  the local soccer landscape...   Rolling Eyes

PS: before you respond...please note I'm just being sarcastic here...   Cool

I thought 90% of this was sarcasm. the other 10% knowledge from everyone's professional playing and coaching career

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/26/2017, 11:45 am

Look guys, Rebels just have not beat anyone recently... For that matter, neither has anyone in the top 5 (save McKinney's win over FCDA). Time will tell us where they truly belong, but for now I won't rank them higher than 4/5..

TXN Dallas can't possibly that closely matched. I don't believe they are a Top 3 team. For me, they are no higher than 5th until they prove they can beat one of the top 3 (the tie with TXN Red is way too convenient for a skeptic like myself... Very Happy )

LP Owen should not be in anyone's top 7. They have struggle since signing day, starting with a very poor showing at King Tut, their "Battle Royal" with FCDY which ended in defeat, and their 2 draws to start classic season (on with FCD Blue, a team they rank much higher than)... There is no justification to rank them this high, without considering past performance (prior to 07/01)...

I'm just "keep it real"... some of these rankings are not consistent with their recent performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown 9/26/2017, 12:52 pm

I can't put LP Owen in a top 10 list anymore until they re-prove themselves. The win over Celtic is a good win over a rising team, but too many ties and some poor tournaments just aren't good enough.

Rebels are a good team especially against certain types of competition, and by "good" I mean winning. I don't think their style of play holds up against most top teams. Don't get me wrong, they are dangerous, but just overall not a top 3 team. I would put them at 5, pending future results against teams like DTD, FCDA, and McKinney.

DblDown
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/26/2017, 1:29 pm

factsmatter wrote:Look guys, Rebels just have not beat anyone recently... For that matter, neither has anyone in the top 5 (save McKinney's win over FCDA). Time will tell us where they truly belong, but for now I won't rank them higher than 4/5..

TXN Dallas can't possibly that closely matched. I don't believe they are a Top 3 team. For me, they are no higher than 5th until they prove they can beat one of the top 3 (the tie with TXN Red is way too convenient for a skeptic like myself... Very Happy )

LP Owen should not be in anyone's top 7. They have struggle since signing day, starting with a very poor showing at King Tut, their "Battle Royal" with FCDY which ended in defeat, and their 2 draws to start classic season (on with FCD Blue, a team they rank much higher than)... There is no justification to rank them this high, without considering past performance (prior to 07/01)...

I'm just "keep it real"... some of these rankings are not consistent with their recent performance.

Here's a Fact for you. Texans Red has yet to beat Texans Dallas on the field. Both times they played it was a 0-0 draw. The win you see in Got Soccer from Plano was the shootout score. Remember also, Texans Dallas beat McKinney in King Tut, McKinney has beaten Texans Red a few times as well. I know timing is a factor in all of these, but these are still facts. So, I would say the two Texans teams may very well be that matched. Their styles of play are noticeably different, but the results right now are the same.

As for Rebels, yes, they beat Texans Red twice, but in tournaments you might have to take that with a grain of salt as a lot of teams like to get guest players. I'm not saying Rebels did that, but they've have some very inconsistent results. They tend to do very well in tournaments, not as strong in the league. Not sure why, but guest players is the first thing that comes to mind as an explanation. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with that, but that begs the question, which team are you ranking? Tournament Rebels or league Rebels? Carry on Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/26/2017, 1:45 pm

Lurker wrote:
factsmatter wrote:Look guys, Rebels just have not beat anyone recently... For that matter, neither has anyone in the top 5 (save McKinney's win over FCDA). Time will tell us where they truly belong, but for now I won't rank them higher than 4/5..

Here's a Fact for you.  Texans Red has yet to beat Texans Dallas on the field.  Both times they played it was a 0-0 draw.  The win you see in Got Soccer from Plano was the shootout score.  Remember also, Texans Dallas beat McKinney in King Tut,  McKinney has beaten Texans Red a few times as well.  I know timing is a factor in all of these, but these are still facts.  So, I would say the two Texans teams may very well be that matched.  Their styles of play are noticeably different, but the results right now are the same.

As for Rebels, yes, they beat Texans Red twice, but in tournaments you might have to take that with a grain of salt as  a lot of teams like to get guest players.  I'm not saying Rebels did that, but they've have some very inconsistent results.  They tend to do very well in tournaments, not as strong in the league.  Not sure why, but guest players is the first thing that comes to mind as an explanation.  Obviously, there is nothing wrong with that, but that begs the question, which team are you ranking?  Tournament Rebels or league Rebels?  Carry on Very Happy

I agree 100%... Also, keep in mind that Rebels chose to do the Arlington tournaments instead of King Tut. They decline the opportunity to play the top competition...smh

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 1:55 pm

What if they beat fc academy, dtx red ,mckinney in league then will you say they are #1 or will you find another excuse to knock them.

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 9/26/2017, 2:24 pm

We can only assume that when that happens your post will have every other word spelled incorrectly and then like a cat chasing a "laser", all of our focus will be lost.

I'm just kidding but couldn't resist.

It will show the Rebels are #1 of course!

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/26/2017, 2:39 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:We can only assume that when that happens your post will have every other word spelled incorrectly and then like a cat chasing a "laser",  all of our focus will be lost.

I'm just kidding but couldn't resist.

It will show the Rebels are #1 of course!

cheers

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/26/2017, 2:58 pm

Solar5555 wrote:What if they  beat fc academy, dtx red ,mckinney in league then will you say they are #1 or will you find another excuse to knock them.

of course, This is exactly how sports rankings should be decided. They play on the field. Let that be the deciding factor, not some arbitrary rankings. I mean, this isn't college football for god's sake Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/26/2017, 3:20 pm

Lurker wrote:
Solar5555 wrote:What if they  beat fc academy, dtx red ,mckinney in league then will you say they are #1 or will you find another excuse to knock them.

of course,  This is exactly how sports rankings should be decided.  They play on the field.  Let that be the deciding factor, not some arbitrary rankings.  I mean, this isn't college football for god's sake Very Happy

This is why GotSoccer is a joke    Cool   Even College Football has better rankings....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 4:07 pm

I

Last edited by Solar5555 on 9/27/2017, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 9/26/2017, 4:28 pm

Glad I could spark a debate without trashing a coach or requiring ESL accomodations Smile

Not trying to sway any opinions here but its only fair to give support to my rankings.

2.  Rebels - I'm not typically one to give out credit before its earned, but all they've done is soundly beat everyone they've lined up against.  I don't care if it was in May or July...they beat TXN Red at their own game...twice.  I'm not enamored with their style of play but they are built to win...they play more direct than pure kickball...and have the attributes to do it, size, speed, ball skills.  If I was stupid enough to put money up on a match between them and the twin TXNs, I'd bet on them.  

3's.  If you wanted to question the validity of a TXN tie in QT, fine.  But what's the motivation in Classic???  That makes no sense to me.  TXN Red and McKinney are who they are, and TXN Dallas with a revamped roster tied them both.  Didn't TXNs tie in recent tourney as well?  (I don't count wins on PKs)  Not rocket science here.  No way you can really put one ahead of the other.

8.  LP Owen-just when I was ready to drop them from top 10, they beat a surging Celtic squad 3-0.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 4:36 pm

Why i prefer got soccer to ysr is i think tournnament wins should count more than league games because tournaments you are there to win and classic league is built for development once you make classic........

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 9/26/2017, 4:39 pm

Solar5555 wrote:Why i prefer got soccer to ysr is i think tournnament wins should count more than league games because tournaments you are there to win and classic league is built for development once you make classic........

I don't particularly agree, however you've presented an argument based on logic and reason. You've officially turned a corner cheers

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/26/2017, 5:01 pm

Socceropath wrote:
Solar5555 wrote:Why i prefer got soccer to ysr is i think tournnament wins should count more than league games because tournaments you are there to win and classic league is built for development once you make classic........

I don't particularly agree, however you've presented an argument based on logic and reason.  You've officially turned a corner cheers

Wow!!! Despite a weak argument, it is indeed one.... Welcome to the board Solar5555!

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 9/26/2017, 5:25 pm

So based off tournaments what would the tankings be?

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 5:50 pm

Ok but only tournaments after QT because these are all new teams. And some teams made it to D1 based on rankings from ysr which allowed easier schedules in QT. So some of my top 10 ARE IN D-2

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/26/2017, 6:04 pm

Solar5555 wrote:Ok but only tournaments after QT because these are all new teams. And some teams made it to D1 based on rankings from ysr which allowed easier schedules in QT. So some of my top 10  ARE IN D-2

Oh boy....here we go....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 6:09 pm

Lol

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 6:25 pm

H

Last edited by Solar5555 on 9/27/2017, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 9/26/2017, 8:31 pm

Hahaha fun squad

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/26/2017, 8:44 pm

Solar5555 wrote:Here we go....
Fcdallas academy      too many weapons
Solar mckinney           always there in the end
Dallas texans red       based soley on plano laborday
Dallas texans dallas      same
Rebels                  played up in the plano laborday tournament
Rush                       can play with anyone when playing well
Liverpool carragher  looks like a team only getting bettet
Ntx celtic         close but inconsistant
Liverpool owen   growing pains
Solar kennington   to many almost
Solar volkan   always a danger to play

Carragher already lost to Martinez in Classic. Volkan struggled against Solar Lanier and Rayos...but sure...they are all Top 10.  Rolling Eyes

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/26/2017, 8:47 pm

Solar5555 wrote:Here we go....
Fcdallas academy      too many weapons
Solar mckinney           always there in the end
Dallas texans red       based soley on plano laborday
Dallas texans dallas      same
Rebels                  played up in the plano laborday tournament
Rush                       can play with anyone when playing well
Liverpool carragher  looks like a team only getting bettet
Ntx celtic         close but inconsistant
Liverpool owen   growing pains
Solar kennington   to many almost
Solar volkan   always a danger to play

This is hands-down the worst ranking I've seen.... and I'm being nice.  Very Happy  Very Happy

1. Tournaments - Basing the rankings solely on Tournaments is a mistake. Teams ability to use Guest Players at tournaments will always skew the results. Also, during holiday weekend tournaments (ex. Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc.), most teams lose a player due to family conflicts and thus participate without having 100% participation from their general rosters. This also increases the need for said guest players. Finally, there is no logic that says Classic League is about development. I would argue that all teams in D1/D2 are focused on winning those games. In my opinion, Practices and Tournaments should be more development focused.

2.LP Carragher How in the world can you place LP Carragher in the top 10? They're not even in the conversation. They'd first have to prove to be the best team in their club (which they are not, LP Owen last destroyed them 6-0). At best, they are the 3rd best Liverpool group, and aren't likely even in the Top 20 in most rankings..

3. Solar Volkan - This group is very inconsistent. They had a good Labor Day weekend showing, but they also used a guest player (or at-least that was what someone here reported). Before King Tut, I went on record tell you guys they were over rated... They are a good team, with a good coach... but they're not consistent at all. Much of their success comes against lower ranked competition, and there is always an excuse as to why they're not playing top competition (like blaming the Tournament Director...lol) Anyways, they can be good... but even at their best, they don't break the top 15. I'd welcome anyone who disagrees to present a logical argument against this assessment.

4. Spelling - Lastly, the word is spelled "BETTER" ... slow down on your response, read it to yourself before you press send.. For heaven's sake, use the darn spellcheck man... (HINT: if it's underlined in a dotted red line, that means it's likely spelled wrong...smh)

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 8:55 pm

I checked all my data carragher has not played owen since signing day so therefore you are wrong. Im my opinion they are the best lp team. Academy dont count get over that.
Volkan can best any team on any day period.
This how i see it

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 9/26/2017, 8:59 pm

My spelling is bad but my knowledge is large

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down