Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Spectator Etiquette Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Spectator Etiquette

+15
Ant_Knee
LLHowie
melabrew
Socceropath
Pantexsoccer
Sho'Nuff
bigtex75081
mstov
Dad1976
FCD07 Mom
Dallassoccerdad
MurderWasTheCase
Bears
PremierLeagueFan
CATX
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spectator Etiquette Empty Spectator Etiquette

Post by CATX 8/26/2017, 11:32 am

Few questions for everyone here. How often do you have the other team's side sitting on your side? I've seen one or two people over the years (and are usually quiet and respectful) but this morning we had a team take up the entire middle third of the field.

A few did the polite thing and moved so we wouldn't be jammed up in the back 3rd of the field but a few others got very mouthy and stated "It isn't a rule". I think we all know it isn't a rule but haven't seen a team of parents this defiant about moving in all my years. The few mouthy ones continued comments throughout the game and of course created awkward moments.

So, have you seen this happen and did you do anything about it? IMO, seems pretty classless but maybe I'm wrong.

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Spectator Etiquette Empty Re: Spectator Etiquette

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/26/2017, 12:07 pm

Don't let it irritate you, but definitely make an effort to arrive earlier and position your chairs early on to make sure you fill out your side.

Expect all kinds of craziness cause this is Classic League and winning is how you stay here so don't expect parents to lose gracefully.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears 8/26/2017, 1:42 pm

More so than just etiquette, we all know how things can pop off when you have back and forth chatter between opposing teams' spectators. I think team managers can and should address the issue.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 8/26/2017, 1:59 pm

I get up and walk away, things can escalate and I don't want to be part of it.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 8/26/2017, 2:07 pm

^don't want to catch another case huh?

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/26/2017, 2:14 pm

Best thing to do is to stay calm and all of a sudden pop one of the mouthy dads right on the nose...this should resolve everything....   Rolling Eyes

Seriously, just walk away....who cares? This is 9-10 yr boys soccer in Dallas, tx....Not the final of the Champions League.... JUst because the word "CLASSIC" contains the word "CLASS", it doesn't mean that any of the parents there have any....so please be the 1% that do and walk away....not worth the headache...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CATX 8/26/2017, 3:13 pm

Socceroo wrote:Best thing to do is to stay calm and all of a sudden pop one of the mouthy dads right on the nose...this should resolve everything....   Rolling Eyes

Seriously, just walk away....who cares? This is 9-10 yr boys soccer in Dallas, tx....Not the final of the Champions League.... JUst because the word "CLASSIC" contains the word "CLASS", it doesn't mean that any of the parents there have any....so please be the 1% that do and walk away....not worth the headache...

Boo on you for a rational, mature response. Mad

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 8/26/2017, 6:41 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:^don't want to catch another case huh?

nope!

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dad1976 8/26/2017, 9:32 pm

Socceroo wrote:Best thing to do is to stay calm and all of a sudden pop one of the mouthy dads right on the nose...this should resolve everything....   Rolling Eyes

I think the sooner people realize that maybe 1-2 kids per year in the whole classic league may go on to play professional soccer and that will likely be with an MLS team (making peanuts), the better off they will be. At best maybe a scholarship to a no-name college where you still have to find a real job (unless you want to be a coach) after graduation. Maybe a few smart ones will play for good schools (Duke, UCLA,Stanford,etc.) but only a few.Puts stuff like this in perspective. But hey, I don't want to be a Debbie-downer.

Dad1976
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mstov 8/26/2017, 11:58 pm

Dad1976 wrote:

I think the sooner people realize that maybe 1-2 kids per year in the whole classic league may go on to play professional soccer and that will likely be with an MLS team (making peanuts), the better off they will be. At best maybe a scholarship to a no-name college where you still have to find a real job (unless you want to be a coach) after graduation. Maybe a few smart ones will play for good schools (Duke, UCLA,Stanford,etc.) but only a few.Puts stuff like this in perspective. But hey, I don't want to be a Debbie-downer.

I have to disagree. If we don't encourage our children to be passionate about whatever there dreams/aspirations are, than what is the point even of even trying anything? Believing and striving to be the best 1 or 2 is the greatest lesson any parent can give their children through athletics, academia etc. That and don't sit on the wrong side of the sideline! Razz

mstov
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 8/27/2017, 8:43 am

@CATX - I don't understand... How did the argument with the other parents start in this situation? What initiated the confrontation? Perhaps did you try to insist that they move?

I don't sit in the mixer with all the other parents. Other parents with their idiotic commentary makes me irritated. I sit at the end flags and quietly try to enjoy a good game of youth soccer. Sometimes I clap but mostly I just sit back and relax. If somebody comes down by where I am, and starts acting like a fool, I just scoot my folding chair further away.

This experience is my son's, not mine. Watching my son play soccer is about him. It shouldn't instead devolve into a pissing match between territorial parents.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff 8/27/2017, 6:47 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:^don't want to catch another case huh?

cheers
Sho'Nuff
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CATX 8/27/2017, 7:43 pm

@BigTex The argument did indeed start when we walked up to the sideline after the other game and they were already sitting there. We thought a lot of them were there for the other team because we haven't had this happen before (well once and the other team immediately moved their tent to their side when the kids took their place). So the confrontation started when we asked are you guys still the last game and said well why aren't you guys on your side.

This started a very aggressive "It isn't in the rules response and we don't have to move" which got a response of "It may not be in the rule book but is the proper etiquette and right thing to do."

Some of them moved and apologized and the others sat there and talked smack the entire game. IMO, it may not have been worth the confrontation for others but the egregious amount of space they took was ridiculous and I didn't mind saying something. I sure wouldn't start something for 10 yards but the complete middle third where we have parents and grandparents having to double up rows is ridiculous.

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantexsoccer 8/27/2017, 8:43 pm

My opinion is the parents should have that same type of passion regarding their childs academics.
Both of my sons play D1 Classic. Unless the your child is in the top 5% of his class he will end up at NW Somewhere State U with a 1/4 athletic scholarship. Follow the $$$. College Soccer does not generate revenue. It looses $$$.
Let him enjoy the game. The only questions should be: 1. Did you have fun? 2. What would you do differently.
My guess is by the time he's walked off the field it's not in the memory bank.
Finally as the parent - set the example. You are the role model for your child.

Pantexsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 8/28/2017, 7:11 am

I have to admit this is one of my biggest pet peeves. I encountered this during QT. A couple of parents over the center line is one thing, but when your supporters are relegated to the penalty area I do say something 100% of the time. I will start with a polite request and if that is ignored I make a snarky comment, which I pride myself for being good at. But after that I leave it alone.

What we SHOULD do is call out the offending team on our beloved forum. This has nothing to do with kids, just parents with no class. A little peer pressure can't hurt.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CATX 8/28/2017, 8:22 am

Socceropath wrote:I have to admit this is one of my biggest pet peeves.  I encountered this during QT.  A couple of parents over the center line is one thing, but when your supporters are relegated to the penalty area I do say something 100% of the time.  I will start with a polite request and if that is ignored I make a snarky comment, which I pride myself for being good at.  But after that I leave it alone.  

What we SHOULD do is call out the offending team on our beloved forum.  This has nothing to do with kids, just parents with no class.  A little peer pressure can't hurt.  

Yes! I bet it gets on the majority of parents' nerves but only a few will say something. We shoulD Id the SporTs teAms paRentS doing this but wouldn't want to be so obvious about it. Laughing

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew 8/28/2017, 8:41 am

CATX wrote:
Socceropath wrote:I have to admit this is one of my biggest pet peeves.  I encountered this during QT.  A couple of parents over the center line is one thing, but when your supporters are relegated to the penalty area I do say something 100% of the time.  I will start with a polite request and if that is ignored I make a snarky comment, which I pride myself for being good at.  But after that I leave it alone.  

What we SHOULD do is call out the offending team on our beloved forum.  This has nothing to do with kids, just parents with no class.  A little peer pressure can't hurt.  

Yes! I bet it gets on the majority of parents' nerves but only a few will say something. We shoulD Id the SporTs teAms paRentS doing this but wouldn't want to be so obvious about it. Laughing

lol! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 8/28/2017, 8:47 am

Nice

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 8/28/2017, 8:51 am

lol!

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 8/28/2017, 9:04 am

Haha.....this just made my morning.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 8/28/2017, 9:51 am

bigtex75081 wrote:@CATX - I don't understand... How did the argument with the other parents start in this situation?  What initiated the confrontation?  Perhaps did you try to insist that they move?

I don't sit in the mixer with all the other parents.  Other parents with their idiotic commentary makes me irritated.  I sit at the end flags and quietly try to enjoy a good game of youth soccer.  Sometimes I clap but mostly I just sit back and relax.  If somebody comes down by where I am, and starts acting like a fool, I just scoot my folding chair further away.

This experience is my son's, not mine.  Watching my son play soccer is about him.  It shouldn't instead devolve into a pissing match between territorial parents.

BigTex well said...I used to sit with other parents but their comments were stupid I had to sit with my wife apart just to watch my bb. It is better that way.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 8/28/2017, 9:56 am

CATX wrote:@BigTex The argument did indeed start when we walked up to the sideline after the other game and they were already sitting there. We thought a lot of them were there for the other team because we haven't had this happen before (well once and the other team immediately moved their tent to their side when the kids took their place). So the confrontation started when we asked are you guys still the last game and said well why aren't you guys on your side.

This started a very aggressive "It isn't in the rules response and we don't have to move" which got a response of "It may not be in the rule book but is the proper etiquette and right thing to do."

Some of them moved and apologized and the others sat there and talked smack the entire game. IMO, it may not have been worth the confrontation for others but the egregious amount of space they took was ridiculous and I didn't mind saying something. I sure wouldn't start something for 10 yards but the complete middle third where we have parents and grandparents having to double up rows is ridiculous.

@ CATX, those parents are major A-Holes!!!!! I mean we can all be A-Holes just not 100% a dick.....those parents u encountered are 100% dicks. Good for you for saying something to them.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CATX 8/28/2017, 10:52 am

@RR...ha yes they are a piece of work. I figured I couldn't have been the only one to have a run in with these people.

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 8/28/2017, 11:45 am

I have no issues stating who they are without capitalizing the letter....

DI STAR FC.

I have heard great things about Coach Bassam. One would hope he would take his time to chat with the parents so that they can understand the frustration of the other team's parents.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 8/28/2017, 2:37 pm

Socceroo wrote:I have no issues stating who they are without capitalizing the letter....

DI STAR FC.

I have heard great things about Coach Bassam. One would hope he would take his time to chat with the parents so that they can understand the frustration of the other team's parents.

One mouthy Mom in particular. She never stopped - pure class, that one. I finally had to walk to the flag and sit.

FYI - Most of their parents were very polite, apologized and moved.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next