Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

New to this Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

New to this

+23
mrclean
FGFF
rantnrave
soccerrus2
starbuck
my2cents
anselansel
clueless
yellow-card
soccer4fun
homer999
NorthKorea
plantit
Yak Attack
forbin
The German
sccr2001
happyfeet
2sgrm
Marmaduke
stk1
Freeatlast
newby01
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New to this Empty New to this

Post by newby01 11/11/2010, 3:53 pm

Moving to frisco area over Thanksgiving break. My son loves soccer and I hear this area has some serious competition. He's good, but not great. Has always
played recreational soccer and we were advised to look at clubs. Our area did not even have clubs so i am completely new to all of this.
Any recommendations as to where to start looking?? This is actually very overwhelming so i hope to do this the "easy" way.
thanks for any advise

newby01
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

New to this Empty Re: New to this

Post by Freeatlast 11/11/2010, 3:57 pm

Since you are in Frisco, if you want to look at clubs might at well start with FC Dallas Youth. TFC is also pretty near. Email someone on their web sites and find out where/when you can visit a practice or two.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stk1 11/11/2010, 4:02 pm

You might go watch a couple of games in local tournaments over the next couple of weeks. That would be an easy way to see multiple teams, how the coaches act, and which team your son's skill level might fit. This weekend there is the ACES Fall Challenge (acessoccerclub.com) in Lewisville/Carrolton and next weekend the XARA tournament in Lewisville (glasasoccer.org) and the Texans Fall Classic in Carrollton (dallastexans.com).

Look around these boards for opinions on the top teams.

Good luck.

stk1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmaduke 11/11/2010, 4:55 pm

PM Sent
Marmaduke
Marmaduke
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

New to this Empty Lots of options

Post by 2sgrm 11/12/2010, 8:24 am

I agree that FC Dallas would be a good place to start in the Frisco area. Each clubs have teams at all different levels of skill and ability. A good coach will direct your son to the team where he can develop and excel best. I do not know when you birthdate cut offs are but be sure he is a true 01 here as the cutoff date is 7/31/01.

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 11/12/2010, 8:57 am

Mckinney is pretty close and you have the AYSES club and Solar's "north" teams out there as well.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccr2001 11/12/2010, 2:58 pm

Try this link. Has most of the futbol club info on there.
Some of the coach/director information are incorrect, so go to the club website.
http://www.dynamicyouthsports.com/pa_academy.php

It may be hard to get into some of the top teams, if that is what you are looking to do. I would try a Division 2 first. You can find the D2 teams under the "SDL 01B Scores (week 10). Please note that only teams that play in SDL will be listed. Other clubs play in CAL and smaller leagues.
sccr2001
sccr2001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

New to this Empty thanks

Post by newby01 11/12/2010, 4:12 pm

Ok so this forum has been quite helpful. I see what i was told "serious competition" is no joke. You all are
obviously very involved. This will be a nice change from what we have had previously. I've checked out the
postings, i've looked at the scores, and have even made a few phone calls.
I've gotten a few personal messages- thank you!
I will scope out the tournaments next week since we won't arrive till then.
thanks to last post about D2, this is where i started and was very impressed with the coach i spoke to. He seems
very professional- hopefully thats the way he really is on the field. Any words of wisdom about the Dallas Texans?

newby01
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/12/2010, 4:51 pm

Now you are talking about Darth Vader. JK or maybe not. The Texans here are like the Yankees in baseball. Most people hate them but when asked they don't know why. It was always like that so there must be a reason. One thing they do better than most other clubs is focus on the business side and even though we wish it's not about business here in North Texas it is.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 11/12/2010, 7:28 pm

Here is a link to a thread you might want to read through which also contains a link to a very limited list of local teams and their practice locations. I like the idea of compiling a list like this one, but it is no where near comprehensive at this point.

http://www.txsoccer.info/general-soccer-discussion-f2/team-practice-locations-t2199.htm

Keep it fun for your kid(s). NTX can suck the fun out of soccer if you are not careful.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccr2001 11/12/2010, 8:28 pm

newby01 wrote: Any words of wisdom about the Dallas Texans?
I agree with the German, they are a well run club. They are ranked almost every year as the either the first or second best club nationally. I don't have any issues with the Texans.

As for the Texans coach that you may have spoken to. You should be talking to either Densk or Wolf. Both are good coaches. Densk practices at Ross Stewart in Farmer Branch. A bit of a drive from Frisco. Wolf practices at Carpenter Park in Plano, not too far from Frisco. Densk will not be taking his team to Select. Wolf probably is. Densk has a very good D1 team. He also has a strong D2 team. Wolf only has a very strong D2 team possibly going to D1 in spring. Looks like Wolf will be getting a few calls...There has been some interest in the 01 forum about Wolf's team.

Liverpool has a very good 01 team coached by Wilco. They practice out in Plano, close to Frisco. Like Wolf, Wilco is not well known in the area, but is a very good coach.

As far as getting onto these teams, you have to attend practice. The coach will evaluate your kid to see if he fits. There is no guarantee that he will be placed on roster. Unfortunately, that is usually the way it works if you want to join one of the better club teams. Good luck!
sccr2001
sccr2001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 11/12/2010, 8:44 pm

Here is an official listing from NTX Soccer that should help:

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/lists/links/allitems.aspx?lt=North%20Texas%20Soccer%20Club%20or%20Team

FD Dallas Youth is in Frisco, and then Texas Football Club (TFC) and AYSES are in the area. Texans is SW on the George Bush Tollway west (Bush), and Andro is Bush Tollway east. Those are the more established clubs in the N of Dallas area, but plenty more to choose from. Good luck, and whatever you do, do not rush your decision. Rec is there for you the spring, and during this time most clubs would welcome you to come out and practice with their teams.

*Note: Solar is a top club, but I'm not sure where they are practicing these day.
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/12/2010, 10:19 pm

Another club in frisco is ASG .. Fees are about the same as others. I know they have practiced at warren park. Not sure on age . A few of the coaches that I like are Dave Kunetz, and alphonse ngon ( not sure on the spelling ). just try not to overwhelm the boy and keep it fun . If he really has the tools, once he is in the system the right people for the right level will find him.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 11/12/2010, 11:04 pm

sccr2001 wrote:
I agree with the German, they are a well run club. They are ranked almost every year as the either the first or second best club nationally. I don't have any issues with the Texans.

As for the Texans coach that you may have spoken to. You should be talking to either Densk or Wolf. Both are good coaches. Densk practices at Ross Stewart in Farmer Branch. A bit of a drive from Frisco. Wolf practices at Carpenter Park in Plano, not too far from Frisco. Densk will not be taking his team to Select. Wolf probably is. Densk has a very good D1 team. He also has a strong D2 team. Wolf only has a very strong D2 team possibly going to D1 in spring. Looks like Wolf will be getting a few calls...There has been some interest in the 01 forum about Wolf's team.

Liverpool has a very good 01 team coached by Wilco. They practice out in Plano, close to Frisco. Like Wolf, Wilco is not well known in the area, but is a very good coach.

As far as getting onto these teams, you have to attend practice. The coach will evaluate your kid to see if he fits. There is no guarantee that he will be placed on roster. Unfortunately, that is usually the way it works if you want to join one of the better club teams. Good luck!

Agree about Wilco - good coach and good guy.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthKorea 11/13/2010, 9:07 am

plantit wrote:
Another club in frisco is ASG .. Fees are about the same as others. I know they have practiced at warren park. Not sure on age . A few of the coaches that I like are Dave Kunetz, and alphonse ngon ( not sure on the spelling ). just try not to overwhelm the boy and keep it fun . If he really has the tools, once he is in the system the right people for the right level will find him.
I'm pretty sure Alphonse has an 01 team. Not sure about where they are playing though.

NorthKorea
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 11/13/2010, 11:39 am

Stay away from Liverpool. Any club that allows Melia (MELIAr) to be in a leadership role should be avoided.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 11/13/2010, 1:56 pm

forbin wrote:
sccr2001 wrote:

Agree about Wilco - good coach and good guy.

No question Wilco is one of the best with a real focus on development and instilling a passion for the game. Liverpool is a great club and we have had nothing but a great experience for all the kids. The key is to check out a few, talk with the coach and even the DOC( that tells you alot if the doc takes the time to speak with you). It can be a great experience if you invest a little time up front.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellow-card 11/13/2010, 3:18 pm

Alphonse has on 01 team that practices at Blue Sky. They played in the EAL league this fall and will play SDL this spring.
yellow-card
yellow-card
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 11/13/2010, 4:39 pm

forbin wrote:Here is a link to a thread you might want to read through which also contains a link to a very limited list of local teams and their practice locations. I like the idea of compiling a list like this one, but it is no where near comprehensive at this point.

http://www.txsoccer.info/general-soccer-discussion-f2/team-practice-locations-t2199.htm

Keep it fun for your kid(s). NTX can suck the fun out of soccer if you are not careful.

So true, I tell everyone just starting the sport that they'd better hope their kid is below average or they get sucked into an unforgiving vortex called competitive soccer.

But, the truth is, any youth endeavor is that way, and we as humans always seeking to better ourselves and mostly our kids, will always seek these options regardless of 'fun'. In only a handful of academy years and a handful of select years - my kids have received lifelong experiences and friendships so - it's all good. Fun to found or, worst case, lessons to be learned.

I'd second the shout-out to Liverpool in the post below mine. Of the five clubs over the years that I've been a part of, it is the one that is doing the most to improve their club and the kid's experience. Given the original post (just by location - I'd look at FCD, ASG, Liverpool and I'd imagine Texans have teams up there). Find a coach and parents that you like and it will all be good - the club/uniform won't matter and rarely does prior to age 16.

Last edited by clueless on 11/14/2010, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

New to this Empty new to this

Post by anselansel 11/13/2010, 6:49 pm

"Stay away from Liverpool. Any club that allows Melia (MELIAr) to be in a leadership role should be avoided."

*yawn* slow day apparently......
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2010, 7:05 pm

One thing no one has really touched on is the parents. When you have a team you think you might want to get on, spend some time with the other parents. If you are not comfortable around them or with them then do not sign. You will spend alot of time around them. Their values, beliefs and attitudes are the same their kids will carry on the field .This advise was given to me 5 years ago when we made the jump and it was very good advice.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 11/13/2010, 7:11 pm

my2cents wrote:One thing no one has really touched on is the parents. When you have a team you think you might want to get on, spend some time with the other parents. If you are not comfortable around them or with them then do not sign. You will spend alot of time around them. Their values, beliefs and attitudes are the same their kids will carry on the field .This advise was given to me 5 years ago when we made the jump and it was very good advice.

Totally agree - if you like your coach/parents/kids - the club won't matter at all. My kids have moved with the coach and families and we've liked every club (5) we've been with.

Given your location, FCD, Liverpool, ASG, Texans all seem like reasonable choices - they all practice around there. Once you find the right group of people, nothing else matters.

The sour grapes you hear about clubs is obviously not affecting all the players that are with the club currently, so, discount accordingly.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 11/13/2010, 8:41 pm

newby01 wrote:Moving to frisco area over Thanksgiving break. My son loves soccer and I hear this area has some serious competition. He's good, but not great. Has always
played recreational soccer and we were advised to look at clubs. Our area did not even have clubs so i am completely new to all of this.
Any recommendations as to where to start looking?? This is actually very overwhelming so i hope to do this the "easy" way.
thanks for any advise

There's not a huge difference between rec and club soccer anymore within the DFW area except for the expense, but, if he really continues to enjoy soccer and wants to continue it, make sure he stays active in school soccer. That's where it seems to be staying consistent.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 11/13/2010, 9:05 pm

starbuck wrote:

There's not a huge difference between rec and club soccer anymore within the DFW area except for the expense, but, if he really continues to enjoy soccer and wants to continue it, make sure he stays active in school soccer. That's where it seems to be staying consistent.

You are high. There is a ton of difference between club and rec. School soccer in general is not that great!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2010, 11:23 pm

Have to totally disagree with starbuck. Have been involved in Mid-Cities(rec) for 12 years, select for 5, high school 1 . Having 7 kids involved at differrnt times and levels I can tell you the three are all VERY different animals.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum