Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas Academy Program Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas Academy Program

5 posters

Go down

FC Dallas Academy Program Empty FC Dallas Academy Program

Post by FCdad 1/23/2011, 12:48 pm

Does anyone know anything about the FC Dallas Academy program? I'm looking around at different academies for my son and daughter and I am getting different answers from coaches at FC Dallas. I am being told that they don't believe in playing 7v7 at a young age, therefore they don't allow their younger teams to play SDL. They want the kids to play small sided games in a stress free environment (3v3 scrimmages/La Liga) instead. However, it looks like they have plenty of young teams that play at PSA. What's the difference between PSA and SDL? (other than the level of competition and cost) Is FC Dallas just trying to save money by playing these kids in PSA instead of SDL? I have also heard that their boys program is great but not the girls. Any advice from some of you guys that have had your kids in their program? What are the pros and cons of their program?

FCdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas Academy Program Empty Re: FC Dallas Academy Program

Post by Guest 1/23/2011, 4:43 pm

It really depends on the individual coaches. They decide which tourneys, extra leagues, etc. that their teams do. Stephen Gray, FCD on tthe East side has some very good girls' teams. Choose by the coach because that will make the most impact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 1/23/2011, 10:00 pm

FCdad wrote:Does anyone know anything about the FC Dallas Academy program? I'm looking around at different academies for my son and daughter and I am getting different answers from coaches at FC Dallas. I am being told that they don't believe in playing 7v7 at a young age, therefore they don't allow their younger teams to play SDL. They want the kids to play small sided games in a stress free environment (3v3 scrimmages/La Liga) instead. However, it looks like they have plenty of young teams that play at PSA. What's the difference between PSA and SDL? (other than the level of competition and cost) Is FC Dallas just trying to save money by playing these kids in PSA instead of SDL? I have also heard that their boys program is great but not the girls. Any advice from some of you guys that have had your kids in their program? What are the pros and cons of their program?
It should not be about the club, but about the coach. Find out how many teams he/she has taken to Classic League or other competitive leagues and go and watch a game or two. Observe the coach as well as the parents and the style of play that the kids produce. All 3 are important. If you or your child cannot handle a screamer,then be warned. If the coach cannot seem to get the academy teams into competitive leagues,then what are you paying for...If the parents are out of hand, you will have to be comfortable being associated as one of them... And Remember...your child should be playing for their love of the game,not for your dream of them playing in the EPL...
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchboy 3/22/2011, 8:01 pm

I have a daughter playing on an FC Dallas select team. She has played for a couple of different clubs since going to academy and select. I have found FCD to be by far the best ran club we have been associated with. I'm sure it does have a lot to do with individual coaches. each club has it's share of good and bad coaches, but a well ran club can make a huge difference in how the coach is allowed to operate. The other HUGE component is the team manager. This position can make or break both coach and club. Just 2 cents from someone who's been down the road.
pitchboy
pitchboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/22/2011, 10:51 pm

Ibra wrote:
FCdad wrote:Does anyone know anything about the FC Dallas Academy program? I'm looking around at different academies for my son and daughter and I am getting different answers from coaches at FC Dallas. I am being told that they don't believe in playing 7v7 at a young age, therefore they don't allow their younger teams to play SDL. They want the kids to play small sided games in a stress free environment (3v3 scrimmages/La Liga) instead. However, it looks like they have plenty of young teams that play at PSA. What's the difference between PSA and SDL? (other than the level of competition and cost) Is FC Dallas just trying to save money by playing these kids in PSA instead of SDL? I have also heard that their boys program is great but not the girls. Any advice from some of you guys that have had your kids in their program? What are the pros and cons of their program?
It should not be about the club, but about the coach. Find out how many teams he/she has taken to Classic League or other competitive leagues and go and watch a game or two. Observe the coach as well as the parents and the style of play that the kids produce. All 3 are important. If you or your child cannot handle a screamer,then be warned. If the coach cannot seem to get the academy teams into competitive leagues,then what are you paying for...If the parents are out of hand, you will have to be comfortable being associated as one of them... And Remember...your child should be playing for their love of the game,not for your dream of them playing in the EPL...

Look for development at these ages and dont worry about the league he will be in in 3 to 5 years from now. The 3v3 at U5-6, 5v5 at U7-8 will produce twice as many touches on the pitch per player than the 7v7. It is development vs competitive league play.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 3/23/2011, 10:51 am

my2cents wrote:
Ibra wrote:

Look for development at these ages and dont worry about the league he will be in in 3 to 5 years from now. The 3v3 at U5-6, 5v5 at U7-8 will produce twice as many touches on the pitch per player than the 7v7. It is development vs competitive league play.

Exactly. Read an article just today about how Spain doesn't have it's players in 11 v 11 until age 15. Here we are doing it at age 10. Fail.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down