Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

USSF Academy Votes No Hgh School Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

USSF Academy Votes No Hgh School

+31
CLUB31
Ochocinco
drsoccer
Yak Attack
soccerrus2
ontherightside
starbuck
TxHunter
RytMid
CH1
TennaLoma
The German
soccer23
finish1
hookem
eagle
Little Blue
go99
TheFarPost
THE NEEDLE
futbolnutt
FCdad
off_the_woodwork
Freeatlast
anselansel
my2cents
Soccernovice
OnTheSurface
clueless
BAFANA BAFANA
soccergrinder
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

USSF Academy Votes No Hgh School Empty USSF Academy Votes No Hgh School

Post by soccergrinder 4/27/2011, 5:39 pm

Early this year California voted out high school soccer for Developmental Academy players. Texas now has done the same. Starting next year (soccer year - August) any player playing for a local club who is part of the Academy (FC Dallas, Solar, Andromeda?, Texans) will not be allowed to play high school soccer. A new deadline has been decided for adding players, which is December 31st. No players can be added to a roster after December 31st.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

USSF Academy Votes No Hgh School Empty Re: USSF Academy Votes No Hgh School

Post by BAFANA BAFANA 4/27/2011, 5:49 pm

soccergrinder wrote:Early this year California voted out high school soccer for Developmental Academy players. Texas now has done the same. Starting next year (soccer year - August) any player playing for a local club who is part of the Academy (FC Dallas, Solar, Andromeda?, Texans) will not be allowed to play high school soccer. A new deadline has been decided for adding players, which is December 31st. No players can be added to a roster after December 31st.
Whats the thinking behind it?
BAFANA BAFANA
BAFANA BAFANA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 4/27/2011, 7:32 pm

BAFANA BAFANA wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:Early this year California voted out high school soccer for Developmental Academy players. Texas now has done the same. Starting next year (soccer year - August) any player playing for a local club who is part of the Academy (FC Dallas, Solar, Andromeda?, Texans) will not be allowed to play high school soccer. A new deadline has been decided for adding players, which is December 31st. No players can be added to a roster after December 31st.
Whats the thinking behind it?

Obviously High School Activities have ruined our National and World Cup teams.

FCD just stepped up in stature by quite a bit as the other clubs allowed HS play but required player payment. Now, they are even with the small, cough, cough, exception of FCD being free.

Very strange to make that a mandate - wondering if the coaches/clubs begged for such.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 4/27/2011, 7:38 pm

BAFANA BAFANA wrote:Whats the thinking behind it?
USSF thinks HS Coaches are inferior, don't train well, and the kids get injured more when they play HS.

USSF and its academy affiliates want 100% of your time, allegiance, and money going to them. HS causes the kid to choose between club and HS games in case of conflict.

Because we all are so enraptured by the Academy and its vague promises of Something Wonderful (scholarship? MLS Gig? Higher/better level of play? Other pies in the sky?) we just mindlessly say YES and kids drop out of HS soccer.

(We don't have to, btw.)
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 4/27/2011, 8:10 pm

Another good reason to stay on a good club team. The players I know love High School soccer for the social, fraternal aspects and visibility they get playing for their school with girls and fans. They get to play their club team mates in district play. They get to talk smack about each team, who's the best, who's going to win district etc.

There is serious injury risk in High School soccer which is a major concern for a serious player and their parents but they are young men only once in their life. To deny them playing for their High School team is a big hit. Now with that being said, High School soccer poses alot of risk to prospective college soccer players during Junior/Senior years when they need to be shining and at their best in college showcases. These injuries can pose a significant risk to a young recruit's prospects.

The best aspect of High School soccer is some coaches can inspire young men to be part of something bigger then them, their school tradition and pride. This is a good experience for the players in my opinion as long as they do not get injured.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/27/2011, 9:05 pm

Another aspect of HS sports.
Practice;
Club- Drive to practice twice a week
HS- practice everyday after classes- just like college
Games-
Club- in front of mom and dad
HS- in a stadium, announcers, with crowd of peers and frinds- more like college
Travel-
Club- once again usually with mom and dad
HS- on bus with coach and team- more like college.

The quality may not always be there but the atmosphere is more like what they will get in college. Food for thought.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 4/27/2011, 9:17 pm

Club- in front of mom and dad

LOL! I have been to HS soccer games where the attendance was..... mom and dads and siblings and maybe a friend or too, if you you are trying to act as if HS Soccer is friday night lights, that is laughable......kick and run at its finest lol
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/27/2011, 9:20 pm

Is that correct? ANY club member of a club that has a DA team, even if they aren't on the DA? Or just the ones on the DA team?

Last edited by Freeatlast on 4/27/2011, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 4/27/2011, 9:22 pm

Good job USSF. You just made Classic League stronger and your academy program weaker. Classic League thanks you I'm sure.

Most players don't play HS for the "development" aspect. They play for the fun of playing with their friends, the pride of playing for their school, and the satisfaction of showing their skills in front of their school peers.

As my2cents said well, they are only young once. It might be one thing to keep a kid out of HS soccer who was playing with the U20 National Team, but....whatever.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 4/27/2011, 9:23 pm

Good job USSF. You just made Classic League stronger and your academy program weaker. Classic League thanks you I'm sure.

Most players don't play HS for the "development" aspect. They play for the fun of playing with their friends, the pride of playing for their school, and the satisfaction of showing their skills in front of their school peers.

As my2cents said well, they are only young once. It might be one thing to keep a kid out of HS soccer who was playing with the U20 National Team, but....whatever.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/27/2011, 9:28 pm

Say that again Woodwork!

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCdad 4/27/2011, 9:40 pm

Just another reason for more of our multi-sport star athletes to pick other sports over soccer.

FCdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 4/27/2011, 10:10 pm

This will make for a more interesting 2012 high school season. Might see a changing of the guard for high school programs.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/27/2011, 10:15 pm

anselansel wrote:Club- in front of mom and dad

LOL! I have been to HS soccer games where the attendance was..... mom and dads and siblings and maybe a friend or too, if you you are trying to act as if HS Soccer is friday night lights, that is laughable......kick and run at its finest lol

I reread what I wrote a few times and don't see that in there. But whatever. Did not say it was not kickball. I will spell it out more clearly. It is a comparison of the environments, not of the quality of the games. The HS games are obviously not like friday night lights but they are also nothing like classic league either. Much more lively and emotional and in that aspect more fun for the players thus the appeal.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 4/27/2011, 10:35 pm

my2cents wrote:

I reread what I wrote a few times and don't see that in there. But whatever. Did not say it was not kickball. I will spell it out more clearly. It is a comparison of the environments, not of the quality of the games. The HS games are obviously not like friday night lights but they are also nothing like classic league either. Much more lively and emotional and in that aspect more fun for the players thus the appeal.

Agree w/2Cents. BTW, no aspect of soccer (classic, USSF, Disney, you name it) compares to Friday Night Lights (HS Football in Texas).

Our high school games, have friends, family, students with drums and standing the whole game, girlfriends, school administrators, etc. Comparable to football; not even close. More support than other soccer venues; absolutely. Sorry that the high school games you go to Assenal are so poorly supported.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 4/27/2011, 11:17 pm

Oh the nut sack has chimed in. Means the topic has grown stale and the bottom feeders have found it.
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/27/2011, 11:41 pm

Freeatlast wrote:

Is that correct? ANY club member of a club that has a DA team, even if they aren't on the DA? Or just the ones on the DA team?

Freelast,

I didn't write any member of the club, I wrote "any player playing for a local club who is part of the Academy". Geez.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 4/28/2011, 12:04 am

Interesting. Do you have a link to further inofrmation on this?
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFarPost 4/28/2011, 12:06 am

I know this was decided a few weeks ago, but I have not seen any press on this.
There was a write up when California made this move.

I know of lots of injuries and tired bodies going into Dallas Cup- I'm sure that didn't help.
Interesting that the vote was taken at the end of High School season.
TheFarPost
TheFarPost
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 4/28/2011, 12:39 am

futbolnutt wrote:
my2cents wrote:

Agree w/2Cents. BTW, no aspect of soccer (classic, USSF, Disney, you name it) compares to Friday Night Lights (HS Football in Texas).

Our high school games, have friends, family, students with drums and standing the whole game, girlfriends, school administrators, etc. Comparable to football; not even close. More support than other soccer venues; absolutely. Sorry that the high school games you go to Assenal are so poorly supported.

To expound on that point, College soccer games and MLS games, at least in most places, do not even compare to Friday Night Lights in Texas.

THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/28/2011, 12:59 am

TheFarPost wrote:
I know this was decided a few weeks ago, but I have not seen any press on this.
There was a write up when California made this move.

I know of lots of injuries and tired bodies going into Dallas Cup- I'm sure that didn't help.
Interesting that the vote was taken at the end of High School season.

Actually this was not decided a couple of weeks ago. It was discussed a couple of weeks ago. Then a 10 day stay was inacted. A final vote and passing just occured.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/28/2011, 7:24 am

Don't see the big deal here. If highschool sports is that important to your BB the just don't play academy. But in the meantime a few kids will not be in the highschool system that will allow some of the players behind them to step up and shine. Hopefully get their chance to be seen
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Blue 4/28/2011, 8:33 am

Is this a league wide vote or Solar, Texans , Andro?, joining FC Dallas with this policy change? All I could find on California was that 6 of the top clubs had banned high school soccer.

On top of that the California equivalent to our UIL bans playing both when the seasons overlap . It looks like their is even less co-operation in California between the high School ruling bodies & club soccer than in Texas. I don't know if the rules have changed out there as this was an article from 2009 I read.

Little Blue
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 4/28/2011, 8:46 am

THE NEEDLE wrote:
futbolnutt wrote:
my2cents wrote:

To expound on that point, College soccer games and MLS games, at least in most places, do not even compare to Friday Night Lights in Texas.

That is true, but a lot of the audience at Friday night lights is contrived. The band is forced to be there, take that away and the numbers drop. Same for dance teams, cheerleaders, etc... Then you will find that most of the adults that are there are parents of the band, dance teams, cheerleaders, etc..
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 4/28/2011, 10:40 am

eagle wrote:
THE NEEDLE wrote:
futbolnutt wrote:
my2cents wrote:

That is true, but a lot of the audience at Friday night lights is contrived. The band is forced to be there, take that away and the numbers drop. Same for dance teams, cheerleaders, etc... Then you will find that most of the adults that are there are parents of the band, dance teams, cheerleaders, etc..

LOL! this may be the single most ignorant thing I have ever seen posted on this site (and that is saying something). I go to HS football games on a regular basis. For the most part they are packed with thousands of people. That is why Allen is spending millions of bling on a new stadium because no one but band members and their parents show for the games, LOL. Go to Tyler, Corsicana, Nacadoches, Athens, Big Spring, Blanco, Italy, Sherman, Odessa, Alpine, Glen Rose, Longview, Lubbock, etc. on a Friday night and try to find someone. You know where they will be, at the football game. IF soccer had even 1/20 of the interest that football has the sport would be huge. However, I would say it is more like 1/100..if that.

hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next