Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

USMNT Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

USMNT

+8
Yak Attack
FGFF
Freeatlast
mrclean
PG-Boy
socmom3
Rightback
SEAOTTER
12 posters

Go down

USMNT Empty USMNT

Post by SEAOTTER 6/25/2011, 10:29 pm

That is a shame how that game went. Bradley needs to go needs to go now. Dont even let him on the bus. Why they stayed with him after the World cup in baffling. Its a even BIGGER shame that 85%+ of the fans there today were Mexico fans. Evil or Very Mad
Edu looked great, I look forward to seeing more of him.

SEAOTTER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

USMNT Empty Re: USMNT

Post by Rightback 6/25/2011, 10:30 pm

SEAOTTER wrote: That is a shame how that game went. Bradley needs to go needs to go now. Dont even let him on the bus. Why they stayed with him after the World cup in baffling. Its a even BIGGER shame that 85%+ of the fans there today were Mexico fans. Evil or Very Mad

Amen.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 6/25/2011, 10:32 pm

SEAOTTER wrote: That is a shame how that game went. Bradley needs to go needs to go now. Dont even let him on the bus. Why they stayed with him after the World cup in baffling. Its a even BIGGER shame that 85%+ of the fans there today were Mexico fans. Evil or Very Mad

Time for Bradley to GO...!

Last edited by socmom3 on 6/25/2011, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 6/25/2011, 10:36 pm

Edu or Adu… two different dudes.

Bradley is toast.

Bornstein is toast.

Besides Bocanegra and Agudelo, how many American latinos were on the pitch tonight? End to end, Mexico exposed the weakness of the US team's inability to control the ball. Come on, USA had a 2-0 lead. How many U10 teams don't hold a 2-0 lead? Sheesh. Besides the lack of first-touch, the US lacked passion. True passion to win.

Before you go hollering' up the peach tree, just know, I wore my Donovan jersey tonight.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 6/25/2011, 10:43 pm

I disagree. I think the USMNT is starting to play with more composure and possession. Once we let Mexico back in, we started trying to force things too much. We don't need superstars, we just need better TEAM play. I think we are heading in that direction and the International players that we are getting in the MLS are helping with us learning to play better soccer, as well.

I think our country maybe more than most others needs some consistency in how we develop players and teams. When we aren't pleased with the results, we need to adress the weaknesses. Complete restarts and overhauls will not move us forward.

I like our team.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 6/25/2011, 10:55 pm

I LOVE our team.

I've followed them… in person, to Korea, Germany, Venezuela, Mexico, South Africa, Columbus, etc. We must hold our team to higher standards and not cease making excuses for our squad.

We have 300 million Americans, yet we can't develop a single left full-back. Inexcusable. Absolutely inexcusable. Gio Dos Santos is a gem, but he sits on the bench on his European club team. We, all of us, have to raise our expectations. Bornstein is an embarrassment. Bradley had no excuse to place him in the match. We lost when Bob brought in Jonathon. He had other options, but he chose to put in his boy, Jonathon.

Our country holds a bounty of talent. We leave thousands of talented boys on the periphery. Lost, because they can't afford to pay the huge sums of club tuitions or college costs. Left, lost, not even considered. Yet everyone wonders how the ROSE BOWL, the epitome of Americana is slathered in GREEN instead of red, white, and blue.

The talent is here, look around, you'll see it. Fire Bob, send him back to New England.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 6/25/2011, 11:11 pm

mrclean wrote:I disagree. I think the USMNT is starting to play with more composure and possession. Once we let Mexico back in, we started trying to force things too much. We don't need superstars, we just need better TEAM play. I think we are heading in that direction and the International players that we are getting in the MLS are helping with us learning to play better soccer, as well.

I think our country maybe more than most others needs some consistency in how we develop players and teams. When we aren't pleased with the results, we need to adress the weaknesses. Complete restarts and overhauls will not move us forward.

I like our team.

I didn't do any timekeeping, but looked to me like Mexico was way up in the possession department. We put in two goals, it should have been enough. But no possession and our defense was bad, especially on the left.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 6/25/2011, 11:17 pm

Dolo doesn't get hurt and we win. Yeah it's speculation but that my firm opinion. I loved inserting Adu in there. But again Holden being out hurts more than people realize. If you follow EPL closely you know how good he has become. Easily surpassing Bradley, Jones, and Edu from and offensive standpoint and equal if not better defensively. (At one point he led the EPL in tackles) I think slowly the offense is improving.

But I have to agree with PG-Boy on a lot of his points. No idea what Bradley see's in Bornstein. Consistently bad and Bradley always keeps him around. At least leave Lichaj in at LB and put Spector at RB so you only have one weakpoint. Why move him to RB for Bornstein of all people??

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 6/26/2011, 11:20 pm

PG-Boy wrote:I LOVE our team.

I've followed them… in person, to Korea, Germany, Venezuela, Mexico, South Africa, Columbus, etc. We must hold our team to higher standards and not cease making excuses for our squad.

We have 300 million Americans, yet we can't develop a single left full-back. Inexcusable. Absolutely inexcusable. Gio Dos Santos is a gem, but he sits on the bench on his European club team. We, all of us, have to raise our expectations. Bornstein is an embarrassment.

Excellent point! Can someone please tell me why our outside backs are sooo bad. Maddening stuff.
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SEAOTTER 6/30/2011, 9:41 pm

had my head in the sand the last week. Just saw this and think he is right to be upset.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/goldcup/story/US-goalkeeper-Tim-Howard-apologises-for-swearing-fina--mexico-063011-

SEAOTTER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/1/2011, 10:55 am

FGFF wrote: Dolo doesn't get hurt and we win.

Would not have made a difference.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 7/1/2011, 5:02 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:

In complete agreement. Comments like these crack me up...shall we fire Cabrera for the U-17 fiasco yesterday?

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 7/1/2011, 10:08 pm

SEAOTTER wrote:had my head in the sand the last week. Just saw this and think he is right to be upset.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/goldcup/story/US-goalkeeper-Tim-Howard-apologises-for-swearing-fina--mexico-063011-

Tim Howard shouldn't have said what he said, but he has a pretty good point about the post-match ceremony...

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 7/2/2011, 12:43 am

Maradona wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:

In complete agreement. Comments like these crack me up...shall we fire Cabrera for the U-17 fiasco yesterday?

I'm glad I could amuse you but I still think it is true. You are talking about a very good right back who is a starter and captain of a good Bundesliga team not some rookie playing for Real Salt Lake. If you took the time to watch all of our Gold Cup matches you would see he was the most consistent American player throughout. He is a good player and was having a good tournament.

Now I know it's nothing new to see someone ripping Bornstein but I don't know if people are actually understanding just how much of a drop off in talent we are talking about here. It wasn't a dropoff from a good to average player. We went from good to just plain bad. Very bad. Then the issue was compounded by the fact in addition to taking out a good player and substituting him with a bad player the sub ended up moving a young LB, who was not great by any means, but was solid and just starting to hold is own and he was moved to right back. Sadly the defense on this roster was just very shallow. An injury exposes that. Let's say the Dolo injury prevents one goal. Then maybe Dempseys shot off the bar is a few inches lower and goes in. Then no one is talking about this huge gap between the US and Mexico right now. We got enough chances to win the game. Our defense just blew up after that injury.

The fact is they have the more talented squad right now but the margin is much closer than people make it out to be. Fans usually overreact after losses like this. They overreact in many ways but one is to undervalue the players on the losing team. Another is to overvalue players on the winning team. Yeah Chicharito is awesome. But Dos Santos is all of the sudden great? Someone wake me up when Tottenham gives him consistent, meaningful minutes and stops loaning him out every year so he doesn't have to sit on the bench.

We just need a new coach and we need to commit to our younger players. Get a back line of Lichaj, Omar Gonazalez, Ream, and Chandler some experience and our defense will be fine. (not sold on Lichaj yet but he has potential)

As far as the U17 fiasco goes, I think if they could actually pass and recieve the ball it would do wonders for their results. Rolling Eyes

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 7/2/2011, 8:48 am

But Dos Santos is all of the sudden great? Someone wake me up when Tottenham gives him consistent, meaningful minutes and stops loaning him out every year so he doesn't have to sit on the bench.

Do not forget he just turned 22, still developing.

For those who missed his goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8bwDyP2X8
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 7/2/2011, 10:35 am

Tequilapark wrote:But Dos Santos is all of the sudden great? Someone wake me up when Tottenham gives him consistent, meaningful minutes and stops loaning him out every year so he doesn't have to sit on the bench.

Do not forget he just turned 22, still developing.

For those who missed his goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8bwDyP2X8

Spending a lot of time developing at bars and nightclubs and showing up late for training is not going to get him minutes.

But no doubt about it, he has skill and talent and that goal was fantastic.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 7/3/2011, 5:30 pm

FGFF wrote:

I'm glad I could amuse you but I still think it is true. You are talking about a very good right back who is a starter and captain of a good Bundesliga team not some rookie playing for Real Salt Lake. If you took the time to watch all of our Gold Cup matches you would see he was the most consistent American player throughout. He is a good player and was having a good tournament.

Now I know it's nothing new to see someone ripping Bornstein but I don't know if people are actually understanding just how much of a drop off in talent we are talking about here. It wasn't a dropoff from a good to average player. We went from good to just plain bad. Very bad. Then the issue was compounded by the fact in addition to taking out a good player and substituting him with a bad player the sub ended up moving a young LB, who was not great by any means, but was solid and just starting to hold is own and he was moved to right back. Sadly the defense on this roster was just very shallow. An injury exposes that. Let's say the Dolo injury prevents one goal. Then maybe Dempseys shot off the bar is a few inches lower and goes in. Then no one is talking about this huge gap between the US and Mexico right now. We got enough chances to win the game. Our defense just blew up after that injury.

The fact is they have the more talented squad right now but the margin is much closer than people make it out to be. Fans usually overreact after losses like this. They overreact in many ways but one is to undervalue the players on the losing team. Another is to overvalue players on the winning team. Yeah Chicharito is awesome. But Dos Santos is all of the sudden great? Someone wake me up when Tottenham gives him consistent, meaningful minutes and stops loaning him out every year so he doesn't have to sit on the bench.

We just need a new coach and we need to commit to our younger players. Get a back line of Lichaj, Omar Gonazalez, Ream, and Chandler some experience and our defense will be fine. (not sold on Lichaj yet but he has potential)

As far as the U17 fiasco goes, I think if they could actually pass and recieve the ball it would do wonders for their results. Rolling Eyes

Some god points in there. I need to get know our US roster a little better so when I see Bornstein out there I know something is amiss.

Funny how you can take for granted a good outside back.
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down