Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action

+5
rainbow1998
Crochet
THE NEEDLE
Libbydee
THE THREAD
9 posters

Go down

96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action Empty 96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action

Post by THE THREAD 8/29/2009, 10:15 am

texans red over tusc blitz united navy 1-0.

THE THREAD is again intrigued and wonders what this means. THE THREAD wishes for details and other scores.
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action Empty Re: 96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action

Post by Libbydee 8/29/2009, 3:03 pm

No details on Texans Red....in fact the only details I have is that Andro Red rocked TSC worse than the 3-1 score...

FCD -1 Edmond OFC - 0

Solar -4 NYSA Celtics -0

Andromed Red - 3 Tulsa SC Red -1
Libbydee
Libbydee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action Empty Re: 96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action

Post by THE THREAD 8/29/2009, 11:15 pm

scores posted.
http://www.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=6982&Sex=Boys&Age=14
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 8/30/2009, 11:16 am

Perhaps it is unraveling.

Strong disruption in the force there is.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE THREAD 8/30/2009, 1:42 pm

THE THREAD also feels the disturbance.

either a tranquil planet has exploded and millions of voices have cried out in agony or...

...texans red has dropped to tulsa tsc 3-2.

THE THREAD is bewildered. how can this be?

THE THREAD hears of possible referee malfeasance. 2 red cards thrown at the mighty texans red.

witnesses... kindly elaborate.
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 8/30/2009, 2:25 pm

As The Thread and The Needle are well aware, to successfuly crochet is not an easy task. Buying the best thread on the market each year will not alone result in an adequate crochet. Nor will discarding old needles each year in favor of new ones. The successful crochet is created through years of practice, patience, and hard work. Over time, with only minor modifications in technique, the needles and thread will become comfortable with one another and success will be found.
I was there this weekend. I watched all four North Texas 96B teams play. Solar, FC Dallas, and Andromeda have all mastered the art of crochet. Dallas Texans Red has not.
We all knew this day would come. Once again, like with many predecessor age groups, an important lesson to those who blindly associate themselves with the red Empire.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE THREAD 8/30/2009, 3:03 pm

Crochet wrote:As The Thread and The Needle are well aware, to successfuly crochet is not an easy task. Buying the best thread on the market each year will not alone result in an adequate crochet. Nor will discarding old needles each year in favor of new ones. The successful crochet is created through years of practice, patience, and hard work. Over time, with only minor modifications in technique, the needles and thread will become comfortable with one another and success will be found.
I was there this weekend. I watched all four North Texas 96B teams play. Solar, FC Dallas, and Andromeda have all mastered the art of crochet. Dallas Texans Red has not.
We all knew this day would come. Once again, like with many predecessor age groups, an important lesson to those who blindly associate themselves with the red Empire.

THE THREAD shudders with delight at the intricate patterns Crochet has created with this post.
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow1998 8/30/2009, 3:32 pm

One red card was a direct red after a player away from the ball grabbed a TSC player and then kicked him in the leg. Luckily the ball had just been cleared from the area and so the ref happened to see it. The other red card was after a 2nd yellow on a player for continuing to tackle players from behind ( I think he talked to that player after a couple other tackles before issuing a 2nd yellow). There could have been a 3rd red card for a tackle from behind that happened after the ball had gone out of bounds and the Texan player recklessly flew into the back of the TSC player but at that point there was 2 mins left in the game and 2 players had already been ejected so I think the ref let it slide.
The Texans got calls. Their 2nd goal was a pretty soft PK that the Texan player made a meal out of..... I have seen much worse not called particuliarly when we have been in N Texas. Head up play by that Texan he got the call and tied the game up. TSC had a goal called back for offsides on a shot that was from outside of the box and the player in the offside position did not touch the ball.
Basically Texans where loosing got frustrated and tried to beat up the players and intimidate them and the ref kept the game from getting completely out of hand.

rainbow1998
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 8/30/2009, 4:23 pm

Proper crochet technique incorporates basic math principles, reflected by the equations below:
15-2=13
13-2=11
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 8/30/2009, 5:35 pm

rainbow1998 wrote: TSC had a goal called back for offsides on a shot that was from outside of the box and the player in the offside position did not touch the ball.
This is an illegitimate complaint I see a lot. I didn't see the play, and so can't say this is what happened. But a player doesn't have to touch the ball for offside to be called. If, in the referee's opinion, he is "involved in active play", offsides can be called. It can be as simple as running toward the goal. If the keeper sees an attacker coming in on one side with the ball, and sees another attacker coming in from the other side, he has to guard the net against both. That's being involved in the play.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow1998 8/30/2009, 6:28 pm

Ball was shot from outside the 18 yd box and the player in an offside postion was running to get back on side and did not play the ball so in my opinion he did not impact the play..... it was called as the rule use to be and that was if a player is in an offside position and the ball is played forward then offsides......atleast in my opinion which does not count since I was not the ref.
My point for bringing it up is that there where calls going both ways.......

rainbow1998
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 8/30/2009, 6:36 pm

Crochet wrote:As The Thread and The Needle are well aware, to successfuly crochet is not an easy task. Buying the best thread on the market each year will not alone result in an adequate crochet. Nor will discarding old needles each year in favor of new ones. The successful crochet is created through years of practice, patience, and hard work. Over time, with only minor modifications in technique, the needles and thread will become comfortable with one another and success will be found.

Crochet,

touché.

Looks like the moths have been working on the Texan's tapestry. Moth balls ineffective.

THE NEEDLE is a spinning and is going to ponder the results from okie land. All signs point to a need to revise my power rankings. I will analyze all the data and eyewitness accounts throughly while enjoying a frosty refreshment. Until then I'll leave you with this thought; the 96 Texans will learn what it is like to lose this year. Hopefully, for the good of all, they will figure out how to do it with class and dignity.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pompey Lad 8/31/2009, 12:38 pm

We all know that no team can lose 3 out of your top 5 or 6 players and expect to be the same. It appears that the replacement are really just additions for DTR. Another week for these 4 teams in Houston and we will see who is real and whose a facade.

Are you ready for some football...Classic League kickoff is Saturday Sept. 12th bounce
Pompey Lad
Pompey Lad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbydee 8/31/2009, 2:34 pm

Pompey Lad wrote:We all know that no team can lose 3 out of your top 5 or 6 players and expect to be the same. It appears that the replacement are really just additions for DTR. Another week for these 4 teams in Houston and we will see who is real and whose a facade.

Are you ready for some football...Classic League kickoff is Saturday Sept. 12th bounce

I believe we are all ready for some football....and some futbol......Personally I'm just ready for CCL to put the schedule out..

Rainbow...was the officiating a little on the wimpy side??? Word has it that one of the Andro Red players also got a rojo card yesterday and everyone knows Andro Red players are angels and joga bonito. Laughing

THE NEEDLE and THE THREAD......thanks, the sweater was very thoughtful but I don't think it brings out the best in my skin tone.....
96 THE THREAD hears of premier league action Geckowsweater
Libbydee
Libbydee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 8/31/2009, 3:53 pm

Rainbow...was the officiating a little on the wimpy side??? Word has it that one of the Andro Red players also got a rojo card yesterday and everyone knows Andro Red players are angels and joga bonito. Laughing

Your needling has forced me to respond to this thread.

The involved ref in the DTR96 game was a little naïve in his approach in an earlier game. In the earlier game an OK team was greatly over matched from the beginning and became frustrated early on. Shirt pulling escalated into two handed shoves from behind as a regular defensive tactic. The CR in turn responded by giving good solid lectures on sportsmanship to the offenders, in lieu of yellow cards. At one point he had the players shake hands for good measure after an egregious yellow-card-type foul. Needless to say, things only escalated further. Toward the end of the game two players scuffled vigorously for the ball. Eventually, a foul was called on the OK player. He responded by turning and shoving the opposing player, one of our fine upstanding local lads, with a two-handed-let’s-get-it-on-style push. The victimized player, to my perception, did not respond physically or verbally. The players were quickly separated by other players and the CR. The CR carded the offender with a yellow, yes yellow, then turned and carded the victimized player for good measure. Very bizarre.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pompey Lad 8/31/2009, 4:21 pm

I believe we are all ready for some football....and some futbol......Personally I'm just ready for CCL to put the schedule out..
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ball-coise is mhath 8/31/2009, 7:05 pm

swindler wrote:
rainbow1998 wrote: TSC had a goal called back for offsides on a shot that was from outside of the box and the player in the offside position did not touch the ball.
This is an illegitimate complaint I see a lot. I didn't see the play, and so can't say this is what happened. But a player doesn't have to touch the ball for offside to be called. If, in the referee's opinion, he is "involved in active play", offsides can be called. It can be as simple as running toward the goal. If the keeper sees an attacker coming in on one side with the ball, and sees another attacker coming in from the other side, he has to guard the net against both. That's being involved in the play.
Nope, that is not what the laws define as involved in the play. Involved in active play means interfering with play, interfering with an opponent, or gaining an advantage by being in an offside position. Other than blocking the goalkeepers line of sight, it takes more than the mere presence of a player in an offsides position that may make a defender or goalkeeper worry about covering to be involved in active play.
ball-coise is mhath
ball-coise is mhath
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down