Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano. Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano.

+2
soccermom040
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
6 posters

Go down

96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano. Empty 96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano.

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 8/31/2009, 4:58 pm

So with D1 looking like

96 Boys Solar Gold
CD Independiente White 96 Boys
DFW Tornados 96 Boys Blue
FC Dallas 96B Red
FC Dallas Youth 96B White
Genesis Elite FC 96B
Inter-Milan
Liverpool 96B
TFC Boys Blue
TX Stampede

How do you think the teams will do? I know its kinda early to call but this is one of the enjoyable parts of forums before a season starts. Some teams looked suprisingly strong... and weak in the qualifying tournaments.
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano. Empty Re: 96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano.

Post by soccermom040 8/31/2009, 11:29 pm

NAD (NonAmericansDream),
Looks like we're the only ones that have something to say about Plano boys 96.
Here's my top 3...
TX Stampede - haven't seen these guys in a while. But from what
I've heard & read, the roster stayed together, which makes them a
legit contender.
Solar G - have a skilled forward and speedster forward, midfield is ok, weak in the back.
Inter - Not drinking the kool aid just yet. They have a talented midfield, no big time threat up top, one solid defender in the middle.
CDI - had to move their stud defender up to get some scoring punch. That will leave them vulernable against the better teams.
DFW Tor - They had a weak group so it's tough to evaluate these guys. Going by the CL qualifier, they needed an overhaul to be a real contender this yr.
FCD Red - I've heard a lot about the coach and how great he is... still his team finishes middle of the pack year after year. Too inconsistent to be a contender, maybe other FCD teams are taking his players.
Remaining field. Liverpool, FCD White, TFC, Genesis. These guys can finish in any order... but none will contend for 1st or 2nd.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano. Empty Re: 96 Predictions. ahhh the fun part of plano.

Post by swindler 9/1/2009, 11:47 am

In that I have not seen much of these teams lately, I will reserve the right to make official predictions after the LD tournaments. But going in, I think my early impressions pretty much follow those of soccermom040.

I fully expect the first four she lists to be there at the end fighting for the top 2 spots. Three of them I believe to be solid, talented teams that should contend, and I am taking a bit of a flyer with IM. We'll see.

I also would not be too surprised to find LP, DFW, FCDR, or even (wildcard) TFC in contention at the end either. But I'll need to see more of them before I list them as leading contenders. LP is definitely improved, but enough? DFW's style preys on the weak. But they'll have a tougher schedule this year and lost a key player. Can they still score goals at will? FCDR I don't know enough about yet. And TFC just seems to be in the thick of it every year.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by necio75 9/2/2009, 8:58 pm

sometimes some teams look weak before the season starts but at the end they can be the best examples dfw,fcd red, they got couple good players

necio75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/6/2009, 12:38 pm

Looks like we might get to see the top two teams (in my opinion) in the first game of the season. TX Stampede vs Solar.
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 9/6/2009, 9:45 pm

Well, based on Labor Day results, I think I will make one switch. I think Liverpool will be one of the top contenders, and I think I'll move Inter-Milan down. They may still be a capable team, but din't show enough to tell me that they're a lock to be there at the end.

Liverpool had a fairly easy draw at the Bob Wiseman, but blew through it's competition outscoring them 16-0 before losing to FCD Blue (CL D2) in the final - but they played well. Although both the PPL QT and BW draws gave LP good matchups, they took care of business convincingly. Beating the teams that you should beat by a convincing margin is a sign of a good team.

Inter-Milan was one of three 96 PPL D1 teams at Plano Labor Day. Although the draws there were much harder - generally all against teams ranked much higher, Inter-Milan, together with FCD Red and CDI White were a combined 1-5-3. But there were some good games in that mix. Just not enough to change my opinion - yet. (Also in the Plano Labor Day, Andromeda White played like they belong in PPL D2, giving up 13 goals and scoring none.)

Meanwhile, Texas Stampede was in the Arlington Labor Day, and had a middle-of-road draw, and finished 1-1-1. But should have finished better. They'll need better play if they are to live up to expectations.

Anybody know if any of the other five teams played this weekend?

So my four "in it at the end" are Solar Gold, CDI White, Liverpool, and Texas Stampede.

Right now I'll put DFW Tornados and FCD Red next on my list as teams that are very, very close.

Even the remaining teams will be competitive. I think this will be a good year. Looking forward to Saturday.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 9/6/2009, 11:23 pm

I watched Tx. Stampede play parts of two games in the Arlington tourney. I would agree they were marginal. That second game against Extreme was just bad... But, thats what these tourneys are for just before league play. Figure out were the kinks in the armour are. Now fixing them.... thats the hard part.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 9/7/2009, 11:15 am

Everyone take a lesson from Swindler, learn to evaluate your own team & be honest... your kid must be a starter!! JK
You have to be careful in evaluating teams in tourneys. Unless you're an out of town team, are you really showing all your cards right now? Teams that don't have anything to prove may be putting out different line ups. Or teams that have had roster turnover, example FCD Blue(from what I've heard of course) can be using line ups that you never see again. I also think tourney draws are important so with all this being said, my top 4 hasn't changed...
Solar, TXS, CDI, Inter. DFW TOR Blue will be in the mix.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercap 9/7/2009, 12:39 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Everyone take a lesson from Swindler, learn to evaluate your own team & be honest... your kid must be a starter!! JK
You have to be careful in evaluating teams in tourneys. Unless you're an out of town team, are you really showing all your cards right now? Teams that don't have anything to prove may be putting out different line ups. Or teams that have had roster turnover, example FCD Blue(from what I've heard of course) can be using line ups that you never see again. I also think tourney draws are important so with all this being said, my top 4 hasn't changed...
Solar, TXS, CDI, Inter. DFW TOR Blue will be in the mix.
Intersting theory except a team would surely put there best 11 on the field for qualifying. I can see a team "playing" with formations and moving players around for a normal tournament but not qualifying. I have to agree with swindler, Liverpool is improved and real and will certainly be one of the top for contention. I don't see an easy game or anything you can take for granted in this league. I think Plano did themselves right by spliting the league and putiing like ability teams with each other. You keep your game sharp and come to play every weekend and the team will do well.
soccercap
soccercap
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 9/7/2009, 2:33 pm

... we were talking about Labor day tourneys, not qualifying tourneys. It's tough to know just how good LP is, they had such an easy Labor day draw... Sapitos, Inferno 97, and Metro (lost multiple starters). Then to play a FCD Blue, a team who lost a chunk of their players to Texans White. That creates a trickle down effect; Plano FCD players from 2008-09 made the jump to FCD Blue and even FCD Red West. Unfortuanately for Plano teams like TFC Blue and FCD, they will always have big bro's from CL taking your players.
So when LP plays these depleted teams(qualifier or Labor day tourney), does that necessarily mean LP has "improved"? Or is it a product of other teams losing quality players? I saw a number of teams play in the qualifier and LP looked the same, no worse or better.
But soccercap is right... stay sharp and you'll finish at the top. I've said this before; the most consistent teams will finish 1st & 2nd.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Every_NonAmericans_Dream 9/7/2009, 4:04 pm

So were hearing all this talk about teams for first and second and third... What about teams being relegated? oooooh did i just start a new conversation? Laughing
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
Every_NonAmericans_Dream
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down