Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Week 2 matchups for the 02s Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 2 matchups for the 02s

+9
futbolista
Number13
newparent
tomuchsoccer
lashaquanda jenkins
Offside
accidentalelbow
debit
WRG
13 posters

Go down

Week 2 matchups for the 02s Empty Week 2 matchups for the 02s

Post by WRG 9/14/2011, 9:56 am

A few interesting games this week:

1. Dynamo v. FCD Goncalves: Pick Dynamo

2. Olympians v. TX Suns: Pick Suns. Good measuring stick for Olympians.

3. FCD Premiere v. LP Fagen: Pick FCD.

4. DTS v. TFC Larry: DTS, should be good measuring stick for TFC.

In EAL on Sunday:

Game of the Week: DTS v. Crushers White: Pick Crushers White (would be too easy to pick DTS)

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Week 2 matchups for the 02s Empty Re: Week 2 matchups for the 02s

Post by debit 9/14/2011, 12:33 pm

Does TFC Larry really have to play back-to-back games? It looks like CVFC is probably going to play every other weekend and play 2 games each trip. Many out-of-town select teams do this, but to give TFC Larry a game against DT South and then ask them to immediately play again... well that's pretty rough.

I'm also looking forward to Odyssey vs LP Gerrard. Seems like these teams may be pretty equally matched.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 9/14/2011, 3:10 pm

debit wrote:Does TFC Larry really have to play back-to-back games? It looks like CVFC is probably going to play every other weekend and play 2 games each trip. Many out-of-town select teams do this, but to give TFC Larry a game against DT South and then ask them to immediately play again... well that's pretty rough.

I'm also looking forward to Odyssey vs LP Gerrard. Seems like these teams may be pretty equally matched.

It looks like TFC Larry does have to play back to back based upon the current schedule. In the soccer venacular that would be called "unlucky." They should be able to give their best to DTS as they play them first.

LP Gerrard against Odyssey should be good as well. Will call it for LP Gerrard.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 9/15/2011, 9:30 pm

WRG wrote:A few interesting games this week:

In EAL on Sunday:

Game of the Week: DTS v. Crushers White: Pick Crushers White (would be too easy to pick DTS)

Since there is a hint of humor in your last pick, my comment is not meant to be critical, but to provide perspective. With all of the talk of teams closing the gap on DTS, I'd like to mention that in the last 5 games DTS averaged 18 shots on opponent goals per game. The most shots against DTS in a single game was 3 (which occurred in the previous tournament by FCD premier - 2 of which scored). Aside from lineup changes and injuries, these games really are not as close as they seem.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside 9/15/2011, 9:54 pm

In EAL on Sunday:

Game of the Week: DTS v. Crushers White: Pick Crushers White (would be too easy to pick
DTS)[/quote]

Anyone care to list how many teams are playing in both SDL and EAL or CAL?

Last edited by Offside on 9/15/2011, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clean up)

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 9/16/2011, 8:51 am

accidentalelbow wrote:
WRG wrote:A few interesting games this week:

In EAL on Sunday:

Since there is a hint of humor in your last pick, my comment is not meant to be critical, but to provide perspective. With all of the talk of teams closing the gap on DTS, I'd like to mention that in the last 5 games DTS averaged 18 shots on opponent goals per game. The most shots against DTS in a single game was 3 (which occurred in the previous tournament by FCD premier - 2 of which scored). Aside from lineup changes and injuries, these games really are not as close as they seem.

Yours is a good point and my thoughts about gaps closing between all the tops teams is really based upon scores. I have not seen DTS play lately, except against Dynamo in the recent Labor Day tourney but it looks like, Scorewise, the games are getting closer. There used to be more blowouts of the 6-0, 7-1, 8-0 variety but now the wins are more 3-0, 2-1, 3-1 type. This could be attributed to the 11 v. 11 as now there are more kids on the field so defensive minded teams can crowd the box and make it harder to score. However, it could also mean that as each team is required to put more kids on the field the talent gets more diluted when teams go to the end of the roster.

Overall, I think it is good to have close games and more competition. But, you may be right in that DTS is dominating play in these games but just not scoring as much.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 9/16/2011, 9:32 am

accidentalelbow wrote:

First, let me say that I'm impressed with the fact that you're tracking shots on goal. I'm a statistics/numbers geek, but I take Saturdays off so I have no idea how many shots my son's team is averaging.

I do challenge your statistic though. You said they're averaging "18 shots on opponent goals per game." over the last 5 games. Do you really mean 'shots' or 'shots on goal'?

Assuming you're referring to the 4 PLD tournament games and the 1 SDL game, DTS scored 15 goals or averaged 3 per game. Are you saying the opposing goalkeepers are averaging 15 saves per game against DTS? I'm not sure if that says more about the DTS shots, the opposing defenders or the opposing goalkeepers.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by lashaquanda jenkins 9/16/2011, 10:55 am

LOL!!!!

Last edited by lashaquanda jenkins on 5/16/2012, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
lashaquanda jenkins
lashaquanda jenkins
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 9/16/2011, 10:57 am

debit wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:

First, let me say that I'm impressed with the fact that you're tracking shots on goal. I'm a statistics/numbers geek, but I take Saturdays off so I have no idea how many shots my son's team is averaging.

I do challenge your statistic though. You said they're averaging "18 shots on opponent goals per game." over the last 5 games. Do you really mean 'shots' or 'shots on goal'?

Assuming you're referring to the 4 PLD tournament games and the 1 SDL game, DTS scored 15 goals or averaged 3 per game. Are you saying the opposing goalkeepers are averaging 15 saves per game against DTS? I'm not sure if that says more about the DTS shots, the opposing defenders or the opposing goalkeepers.

I think what it means is we can't hit the broad side of a barn right now.......but thats just my guess.....

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 9/16/2011, 3:48 pm

accidentalelbow wrote:

No one really doubt how good DTS is but lets not through out crazy claims of greatness.

Really, 18 shots a game is the AVERAGE?

How long is each half, 25 min? That would be a shot on goals every 1.38 seconds. Come on. That a big claim. If that is the real number, DTS needs to go to a shooting skills clinic.

Even when losing, DTS is a very fun team to watch. you will still watch them but these are 9 or 10 year old boys not some super hero. Many will not even be playing in a few years.

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/16/2011, 4:00 pm

newparent wrote:
No one really doubt how good DTS is but lets not through out crazy claims of greatness.

How long is each half, 25 min? That would be a shot on goals every 1.38 seconds. Come on. That a big claim. If that is the real number, DTS needs to go to a shooting skills clinic.

Even when losing, DTS is a very fun team to watch. you will still watch them but these are 9 or 10 year old boys not some super hero. Many will not even be playing in a few years.

Just a note there, professor. Thats a shot every 25*2*60 /18 = 167 secs. Which isn't ridiculous. I mean, I think we agree that the need to keep track of it and post it so that everyone has one more data point that the best team is really the best team might be a bit chuckle-worthy..... but to each and all.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 9/16/2011, 4:12 pm

newparent wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:

I'm no math whiz but 18 shots on goal in a game that lasts 50 minutes the actual breakdown is a shot on goal every 2.7 minutes. Not sure where the 1.38 second calculation came from.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 9/16/2011, 4:22 pm

newparent was looking at the wrong line in the Opta stats. He was reading the "completed pass frequency" stat... Embarassed
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 9/16/2011, 4:31 pm

futbolista wrote:
newparent wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:

I'm no math whiz but 18 shots on goal in a game that lasts 50 minutes the actual breakdown is a shot on goal every 2.7 minutes. Not sure where the 1.38 second calculation came from.

Futbolista, we must have the same calculator, I also have 2.7 mins.
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 9/16/2011, 11:20 pm

lashaquanda jenkins wrote:I was wondering the same thing.
Does DTS have an accuracy problem?
That's a LOT of shots on goal. Their defense must be pretty darn good. But seriously? Someone's actually counting shots on goal?
Wow......
LOL!!!!

Certainly you see there's more to soccer than the final score - you are paying for development and you can't accurately address development if you don't have the facts. Since shots on goal should be a regular part of the game, you might consider keeping stats. However, if you're team only shoots once per half then I believe you've just discovered accuracy is a bigger problem for your team than DTS.

Last edited by accidentalelbow on 9/16/2011, 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 9/16/2011, 11:35 pm

newparent wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:

Seriously - keep some stats, use a calculator when doing math and you might even surprise yourself.

And why is it that whenever someone wants to stress the accuracy of their opinions, they conclude by stating, "many will not even be playing in a few years." How do you know who will play and who will not? If you can't add correctly, how can you predict the the future - are you Mayan?
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 9/17/2011, 7:43 am

accidentalelbow wrote:
newparent wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:

Seriously - keep some stats, use a calculator when doing math and you might even surprise yourself.

And why is it that whenever someone wants to stress the accuracy of their opinions, they conclude by stating, "many will not even be playing in a few years." How do you know who will play and who will not? If you can't add correctly, how can you predict the the future - are you Mayan?

Yes, I'm Mayan. Look out for 2012.

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 9/17/2011, 8:17 am

newparent wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:
newparent wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:

Yes, I'm Mayan. Look out for 2012.

It was late and I was a bit cynical, so thanks for finding the humor in that.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Week 2 matchups for the 02s Empty Dts vs solar

Post by TexasSoccer02 9/18/2011, 8:25 pm

good game.
Both teams played well

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 9/18/2011, 9:27 pm

TexasSoccer02 wrote:good game.
Both teams played well

What was the score?

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Week 2 matchups for the 02s Empty 0-4

Post by TexasSoccer02 9/18/2011, 9:34 pm

go solar

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 9/18/2011, 10:12 pm

creeper wrote:
TexasSoccer02 wrote:good game.
Both teams played well

What was the score?
DTS 5 - solar 0
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 9/18/2011, 10:24 pm

TexasSoccer02 wrote:go solar

Good for you. Be proud of your BB's team.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down