Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

02 Suprise Teams QT Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

02 Suprise Teams QT

4 posters

Go down

02 Suprise Teams QT Empty 02 Suprise Teams QT

Post by Guest 4/10/2012, 1:51 pm

Are there any suprise teams out there that are not known at this point that may push for one of the top spots in the QT? Teams like DTS, Solar Crushers, FCD G, TFC, LP Gerrard etc are all known at this point and will be top seeded teams. But are there any other teams that will sneek up and suprise people at the QT.

A person posted that GSSC has beaten a few good teams in SDL and maybe they could suprise folks. Did not know they were that good until this season. Also FCD Toros looks to be getting much better and may suprise people. What about some of the teams from CAL and PAL. Who are the top teams there?

What other teams, maybe from other leagues that we do not see on this forum, are there that may suprise folks come QT?

Back to top Go down

02 Suprise Teams QT Empty Re: 02 Suprise Teams QT

Post by seriousfoulplay 4/10/2012, 2:12 pm

GSSC has a good record but my guess it they wont surprise anyone with their star forward next time around. Teams that have lost to them ( I saw them beat Thornber) will adjust and shut down their one player who is very good. They need to hope to hang on to that player. Without him, they will struggle mightily.

seriousfoulplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by seriousfoulplay 4/10/2012, 2:14 pm

The big problem with CAL, PAL, EAL etc, is that the teams are filled with players from other rosters/clubs/teams. It is hard to really judge them since the rosters on Sunday are all over the place for alot of teams.

seriousfoulplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/10/2012, 2:38 pm

seriousfoulplay wrote:The big problem with CAL, PAL, EAL etc, is that the teams are filled with players from other rosters/clubs/teams. It is hard to really judge them since the rosters on Sunday are all over the place for alot of teams.

You are probably right and there may be no surprises as these teams go the QT. When do the rankings for the QT come out? I recall from past experience it was not until a few weeks before the tournament in August.

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 4/10/2012, 3:31 pm

I think that's correct. They definitely don't seed the tournament until after signing day July 1, and I think they wait until after the King Tut tournament. That's when many of the teams get a chance to showcase what their roster really looks like after all the crazy June movement.

I do think this is an interesting topic. We've had a lot of threads with people trying to rank the top 10, 12, 15 teams (myself included), but 30 teams get into Classic. Has anyone even tried to go that deep with ranking in the 02's before? Why get caught up whether DTS, Solar Crushers or FCD Goncalves is #1 when you really just need to be one of the top 30 (top 20 if you want to be in D1).

Here's my first cut at a list of 30 teams most likely to make Classic League this summer. A lot can and will change including the fact some of these CAL/PAL/UAL teams may lose quality players they're currently 'sharing'. This also assumes no major roster losses to Pre-Academy for the 2001 birth year players.

90% chance of making Classic League (8 teams)
FCD Goncalves
FCD Snell
DTS
Liverpool Gerrard
Liverpool Rush
Solar Crushers
Solar Dynamo
TFC Larry

70% chance of making Classic League (9 teams)
AYSES Gold
DT Thornber
DT Bryant
FC Premier Forzi
FCD South Francisco
FCD Toros
Liverpool Paisley
Solar Blue
Sporting United
Texas Suns

50% chance of making Classic League (19 teams)
Andromeda FC
Azzurri FC
Boca Juniors Gold
Chivas USA
Comets
DFW Tejanos
DT Scott
DT South Red
FCD Gold
FCD Gomez
Mansfield Samba Gold
Ninos Indoor
No Fear
North Texas Strikers
Oak Cliff Soccer Wizards
Odyssey
Solar Clark
TFC Ramsden
TFC Palaez

I'm sure there are others. That's 36 teams with a pretty good chance of making Classic League with the last and largest group needing to play really well in QT or getting a favorable grouping. There's probably another DT or FCD team that will also make it just based on their sheer numbers and club history.

Thoughts?

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/10/2012, 3:52 pm

debit wrote:I think that's correct. They definitely don't seed the tournament until after signing day July 1, and I think they wait until after the King Tut tournament. That's when many of the teams get a chance to showcase what their roster really looks like after all the crazy June movement.

I do think this is an interesting topic. We've had a lot of threads with people trying to rank the top 10, 12, 15 teams (myself included), but 30 teams get into Classic. Has anyone even tried to go that deep with ranking in the 02's before? Why get caught up whether DTS, Solar Crushers or FCD Goncalves is #1 when you really just need to be one of the top 30 (top 20 if you want to be in D1).

Here's my first cut at a list of 30 teams most likely to make Classic League this summer. A lot can and will change including the fact some of these CAL/PAL/UAL teams may lose quality players they're currently 'sharing'. This also assumes no major roster losses to Pre-Academy for the 2001 birth year players.

90% chance of making Classic League (8 teams)
FCD Goncalves
FCD Snell
DTS
Liverpool Gerrard
Liverpool Rush
Solar Crushers
Solar Dynamo
TFC Larry

70% chance of making Classic League (9 teams)
AYSES Gold
DT Thornber
DT Bryant
FC Premier Forzi
FCD South Francisco
FCD Toros
Liverpool Paisley
Solar Blue
Sporting United
Texas Suns

50% chance of making Classic League (19 teams)
Andromeda FC
Azzurri FC
Boca Juniors Gold
Chivas USA
Comets
DFW Tejanos
DT Scott
DT South Red
FCD Gold
FCD Gomez
Mansfield Samba Gold
Ninos Indoor
No Fear
North Texas Strikers
Oak Cliff Soccer Wizards
Odyssey
Solar Clark
TFC Ramsden
TFC Palaez

I'm sure there are others. That's 36 teams with a pretty good chance of making Classic League with the last and largest group needing to play really well in QT or getting a favorable grouping. There's probably another DT or FCD team that will also make it just based on their sheer numbers and club history.

Thoughts?

That is some good information and one of the things I was thinking about when I posted the thread. I have not seen a lot of those teams play and haev never heard of a few of them. Your entire list is 36 teams so only 6 would not make Classic League, with twenty being in D1 and 10 in D111.

I think you have it broken up right but what happened to DT Scott? I would also probably put GSSC and Adromoda Pope in the second Group. The good news for alot of these teams is that unless some teams come from out of nowhere, most of them will make it to Classic league. Or are there a lot of teams still out there we know nothing about?

I think the D1 group will be:
(in no certain order)

1.DTS
2.FCDG
3.Solar Red
4. Solar Dynamo
5. LP Gerrard
6.LP Fagen
7.TFC LArry
8. FCD Snell or Pino if he gets the team.
9. DT Thornber
10. FCD South
11. FCD Toros
12. TX Suns
13. MAnsfield Samba Gold
14. SOlar Blue
15. Ayses
16.FC Premiere
17. North Texas Strikers
18. FCD Gomez
19. Andromeda
20. Azzuri.

Has to stretch to even come up with 20 that I no even a little about. Looks like there plenty of room in Classic League based upon these numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 4/10/2012, 4:18 pm

When I was avoiding real work one afternoon, I looked through all the spring academy leagues and made a list of 87 teams (removing the duplicates and 03 teams playing up).

I think historically anywhere from 40-60 teams will register for the QT. I don't know about the quality of teams in the 20-50 range for past years. For the 02's it looks to me like lots of pretty average teams will qualify for Classic League which means in that 20-50 range, you're going to have to play really well and get some lucky bounces because a lot of teams are pretty much the same quality.

To your top 20 list, I'm starting to think differently about Andromeda. I think they're really a 50/50 team. one of their best players (in my opinion, absolutely their best player) is an 03 so what does the team look like after he's removed. They've played some teams tight this spring in SDL D1, but not gotten a lot of results.

Likewise, my opinion about GSSC changed when my son's team beat them 5-0 last week, but everyone has a bad day. They've definitely beaten some quality teams.

I think DT Scott has gone the way of Odyssey, but maybe even worse. They played really well in the TFC cup (champions, I think), but have lost top players to DT Thornber and maybe elsewhere and have really struggled in SDL this spring.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cfcchamps11 4/10/2012, 11:19 pm

debit wrote:When I was avoiding real work one afternoon, I looked through all the spring academy leagues and made a list of 87 teams (removing the duplicates and 03 teams playing up).

I think historically anywhere from 40-60 teams will register for the QT. I don't know about the quality of teams in the 20-50 range for past years. For the 02's it looks to me like lots of pretty average teams will qualify for Classic League which means in that 20-50 range, you're going to have to play really well and get some lucky bounces because a lot of teams are pretty much the same quality.

To your top 20 list, I'm starting to think differently about Andromeda. I think they're really a 50/50 team. one of their best players (in my opinion, absolutely their best player) is an 03 so what does the team look like after he's removed. They've played some teams tight this spring in SDL D1, but not gotten a lot of results.

Likewise, my opinion about GSSC changed when my son's team beat them 5-0 last week, but everyone has a bad day. They've definitely beaten some quality teams.

I think DT Scott has gone the way of Odyssey, but maybe even worse. They played really well in the TFC cup (champions, I think), but have lost top players to DT Thornber and maybe elsewhere and have really struggled in SDL this spring.

MAybe you are not giving your sons team any credit. Maybe his team is a top tier team. Did you rank bb's team in the top 20 or outside?

cfcchamps11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 4/11/2012, 8:42 am

cfcchamps11 wrote:
debit wrote:When I was avoiding real work one afternoon, I looked through all the spring academy leagues and made a list of 87 teams (removing the duplicates and 03 teams playing up).

MAybe you are not giving your sons team any credit. Maybe his team is a top tier team. Did you rank bb's team in the top 20 or outside?

Quite possible. Sometimes in my attempt to step back and take a fair and balanced view, I tend to view his team with a more critical eye than they deserve. I have high expectations for that team, and for my son, but sometimes I should simply praise their effort and execution. I definitely include them in the top 20 list and as long as they play to their potential they should make Classic League D1. I think there's a pretty sharp dropoff in this age group after the top 12-15 teams.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

02 Suprise Teams QT Empty Fort Worth Strikers

Post by GDWilly 4/14/2012, 7:25 am

debit wrote:
cfcchamps11 wrote:

Quite possible. Sometimes in my attempt to step back and take a fair and balanced view, I tend to view his team with a more critical eye than they deserve. I have high expectations for that team, and for my son, but sometimes I should simply praise their effort and execution. I definitely include them in the top 20 list and as long as they play to their potential they should make Classic League D1. I think there's a pretty sharp dropoff in this age group after the top 12-15 teams.

Fort Worth Stikers - 2 time PAL champions, 1 time PAL runner-up, currently in 1st place for PAL spring league, lost only once in SDL D2 to Stricker 2-3 with team proped up with his D1 kids. Runner up in GUTS & Glory tournamant, laid an egg in King Tut & ASA Showcase but have plenty of wins & ties against 70% & 50% list. See link to GotSoccer record below;

http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=369568&Page=1&History=yes

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down