Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Must Read for ALL Parents Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Must Read for ALL Parents

5 posters

Go down

Must Read for ALL Parents Empty Must Read for ALL Parents

Post by Soccersoccer 4/26/2012, 12:38 pm

http://www.mac-n-seitz.com/teams/mike-matheny-letter.html?fwcc=1&fwcl=1&fwl

This letter was written by a youth coach to the parents of his baseball team, but it has application to all parents. BTW - the youth coach that wrote this letter, is currently the Manager of the St. Louis Cardinals.

Soccersoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Must Read for ALL Parents Empty Re: Must Read for ALL Parents

Post by Guest 4/26/2012, 12:50 pm

Soccersoccer wrote:http://www.mac-n-seitz.com/teams/mike-matheny-letter.html?fwcc=1&fwcl=1&fwl

This letter was written by a youth coach to the parents of his baseball team, but it has application to all parents. BTW - the youth coach that wrote this letter, is currently the Manager of the St. Louis Cardinals.

lol, you forgot the next letter he wrote:

Hi I am looking for 8-10 kids to fill spots on my team, parents welcome to be loud, involved, discuss kids playing at any time with me. all parental involvement ok. call me, please. no really call me,please, i need this gig.

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 4/26/2012, 2:19 pm

Soccersoccer wrote:http://www.mac-n-seitz.com/teams/mike-matheny-letter.html?fwcc=1&fwcl=1&fwl

Great read.
And he is right.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by S0cc3rD@d 4/27/2012, 7:40 am

I wish more coaches would heed this. It drives me crazy when kids miss due to vacations and the kids who worked hard and made it to games and practices (and did quite well in the other kids absence) are shown the bench when the vacation is over(full disclosure-it wasn't my kid who was affected):

I know that there will be times when I am going to miss either for family reasons, for other commitments. If your son misses a game or a practice, it is not the end of the world, but there may be some sort of repercussion, just out of respect for the kids that put the effort into making it. The kind of repercussions could possibly be running, altered playing time, or position in the batting order.

Also wish more parents would stop coaching on the sideline and belly-aching over every call, but you definitely need a coach to be on the refs if the parents are expected to be silent.
S0cc3rD@d
S0cc3rD@d
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/27/2012, 8:10 am

S0cc3rD@d wrote:I wish more coaches would heed this. It drives me crazy when kids miss due to vacations and the kids who worked hard and made it to games and practices (and did quite well in the other kids absence) are shown the bench when the vacation is over(full disclosure-it wasn't my kid who was affected):

I know that there will be times when I am going to miss either for family reasons, for other commitments. If your son misses a game or a practice, it is not the end of the world, but there may be some sort of repercussion, just out of respect for the kids that put the effort into making it. The kind of repercussions could possibly be running, altered playing time, or position in the batting order.

Also wish more parents would stop coaching on the sideline and belly-aching over every call, but you definitely need a coach to be on the refs if the parents are expected to be silent.

Yes, they should . But they won't here. Why? Because we live in a relegation world. You would be crazy to sit a star and lose a game in this system. No coach will risk relegation for principle. We as parents are largely to blame for supporting this system.

Back to top Go down

Post by S0cc3rD@d 4/27/2012, 11:36 am

Yes, they should . But they won't here. Why? Because we live in a relegation world. You would be crazy to sit a star and lose a game in this system. No coach will risk relegation for principle. We as parents are largely to blame for supporting this system.

It is a shame because the kids that normally are on the bench should get the opportunity to start, even if it is for 10-15 minutes a half. In high school basketball, I went from backup to starter over the Christmas holiday when the starter got in trouble. Even though he was more talented offensively, I threw my body after ever loose ball I saw and wound up starting the rest of the year. If kids don't see that their effort can be rewarded it can be self-defeating as they see other kids handed the starting position and not always deservedly so.
S0cc3rD@d
S0cc3rD@d
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 34blast 4/27/2012, 6:24 pm

I think I'm going to use this letter as inspiration for my fall team.

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/27/2012, 9:07 pm

S0cc3rD@d wrote:I wish more coaches would heed this. It drives me crazy when kids miss due to vacations and the kids who worked hard and made it to games and practices (and did quite well in the other kids absence) are shown the bench when the vacation is over(full disclosure-it wasn't my kid who was affected):

I have found it to be just the opposite. If the coach is on the refs alot the parents (and players sometimes) follow his example and do the same.
The coaching drives me crazy too. Had a coach one time have a talk about that went like this. " Parents please fell free to do all the coaching you want" everyone just stared in shock. Then he continued " Just come see me after the meeting with your $500 check for the D license class and have at it as soon as you complete the course."

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down