Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

US National Team Roster Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

US National Team Roster

5 posters

Go down

US National Team Roster Empty US National Team Roster

Post by Guest 5/25/2012, 2:46 pm

Looks like Brek Shea did not make the cut for the National Team for this group of games and Worl Cup Qualifiers. Was sorry to see that as it was fun to watch for him in games and cheer on the local player.

Also noticed that almost all of the players on the team play oversees. Not many from the MLS other than Wondolowski, Beckerman and I think a one or two others.

Back to top Go down

US National Team Roster Empty Re: US National Team Roster

Post by Ed 5/25/2012, 2:52 pm

Gatorz wrote:Looks like Brek Shea did not make the cut for the National Team for this group of games and Worl Cup Qualifiers. Was sorry to see that as it was fun to watch for him in games and cheer on the local player.

Also noticed that almost all of the players on the team play oversees. Not many from the MLS other than Wondolowski, Beckerman and I think a one or two others.

Not many MLS players because MLS is in season and they try not to take them away from their club during the season, with only some exceptions.
Shea's turf toe injury was the main reason for him not to be selected. He's probably only 75% right now

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2012, 2:56 pm

Ed wrote:
Gatorz wrote:Looks like Brek Shea did not make the cut for the National Team for this group of games and Worl Cup Qualifiers. Was sorry to see that as it was fun to watch for him in games and cheer on the local player.

Not many MLS players because MLS is in season and they try not to take them away from their club during the season, with only some exceptions.
Shea's turf toe injury was the main reason for him not to be selected. He's probably only 75% right now

Thanks. I was trying to see if there may have been some other reason on Shea. Up until this roster, it looked like he was in the good graces of Klinsmann and getting some good playing time. Hope he gets well and gets back on the roster.

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD6 5/25/2012, 5:26 pm

Turf toe had nothing to do with Shea .ot on the roster. According to JK , he has some issues to iron out, and that he said it could be done at club level. He has played a lot of football this year, he is mentally and physically tired. And the episode where he got suspended did not help the case.

FCD6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 5/25/2012, 6:32 pm

FCD6 wrote:Turf toe had nothing to do with Shea .ot on the roster. According to JK , he has some issues to iron out, and that he said it could be done at club level. He has played a lot of football this year, he is mentally and physically tired. And the episode where he got suspended did not help the case.

BS, it was already decided he would not be going to camp prior to the kicking the ball incident. His injury was the primary reason for him not being called up. He wasn't physically ready. This comes from directly from a conversation I had with him.

His suspension actually is a good thing for him as it gives him a reason to rest and recover. He's been trying to play on it and clearly not at full strength.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD6 5/25/2012, 7:37 pm

Thats fine , just stating what JK said.

FCD6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol10 5/25/2012, 8:40 pm

Turf toe or no turf toe. Shea is just not a very good player. Way over rated!

futbol10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 5/25/2012, 9:08 pm

futbol10 wrote:Turf toe or no turf toe. Shea is just not a very good player. Way over rated!

Right.. Rolling Eyes

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD6 5/25/2012, 9:39 pm

Disagree , good player. Has played a ton this year.

FCD6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mavericks67 5/25/2012, 10:35 pm

I have to say hes very overrated, overhyped, and looses possesion to easy. Hes still a young player with ton potential but has much to improve on, before becoming a regular on the senior team.
mavericks67
mavericks67
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 5/26/2012, 9:11 am

Shea is a really excellent young player. He's exciting to watch because he consistently creates goal scoring chances. The opposition must always account for him. He's a creator and anytime you can add a creator to your roster it's an excellent thing.

With that said though... The time isn't right for Shea to be on the national team yet. He does have gaps in his game, particularly in defending. I was glad when I saw he was training overseas recently but this injury has caused his development this season to grind to a hault. When he's been on the field recently for FCD he's looked tired. Players that should be on the men's national team should be able to carry an MLS team on their shoulders and right now Shea can't do that. (FCD's season has been horrible by the way.) The injury is a good excuse for keeping him home.

If Shea was invited to play RIGHT NOW... he'd be stuck towards the end of the bench. He's an awesome player, and I'm a fan, but it's not his time yet.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down