Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Coach getting  kicked out tournament Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Coach getting kicked out tournament

+14
CincoB
allen04
yellowboots
Ibystander
Soccerinsanity
Number13
scoregazam
TacoKid
twotone
my2cents
soccerdad1
Goooal!!!
The German
Igob4u
18 posters

Go down

Coach getting  kicked out tournament Empty Coach getting kicked out tournament

Post by Igob4u 9/17/2012, 5:42 pm

Has anyone heard the rumor of the 96B Odyssey Coach getting kicked out of the tournament in Memphis, Tn. Labor day weekend?

I was told that the Coach lost it on the side line with his players carrying on and on yelling and screaming. Ref’s stopped game and kicked him out I would assume after warnings for his conduct. He was also made to leave the fields. Their next game he had to sit in bleachers and ref had to stop the game two times to tell him to stop screaming at players and told him if he did it again that he would have to leave the complex? scratch

Igob4u
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Coach getting  kicked out tournament Empty Re: Coach getting kicked out tournament

Post by The German 9/17/2012, 7:00 pm

Welcome to Paddy's world. Cool
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Coach getting  kicked out tournament Empty Re: Coach getting kicked out tournament

Post by Goooal!!! 9/17/2012, 8:46 pm

Shocking ... Crying or Very sad but typical.

It is really unfortunate for the boys that have been dragged along in this. I remember this coach accepting first place trophies when his team finished second (or maybe further out of first) 'way back when' when his team played in Plano and then refused to 'make it right' or return them to the rightful winners when he was called out. It was just 'too bad'.

Pathetic lessons being taught to boys by someone that they probably looked up to. Probably don't anymore ....

Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 9/17/2012, 9:25 pm

Goooal!!! wrote:Shocking ... Crying or Very sad but typical.

It is really unfortunate for the boys that have been dragged along in this. I remember this coach accepting first place trophies when his team finished second (or maybe further out of first) 'way back when' when his team played in Plano and then refused to 'make it right' or return them to the rightful winners when he was called out. It was just 'too bad'.

Pathetic lessons being taught to boys by someone that they probably looked up to. Probably don't anymore ....

Better get your facts straight . I was the team manager who was GIVEN the trophies by Plano as Ody finished 1st in spring league play after finishing 1st in D2 in the fall and moving up. We offered the trophies back after we were told that the the trophies were meant for a team that played in D1 the entire season. I was told to keep them. Ody was not even offered a spot to challenge into Classic after that and had to return to Plano the next year (where they won the league again AND won the challenge games).

As for Paddy, I'm sure he is not the 1st coach to be ejected from a game. My son played for him 5 years and became a better player because of him. I don't know many coaches who have taken a team that started in Plano D2 and worked their way up to Classic D1 with primarily the same players ( who stayed with him for a very long time). He is not the most subtle coach but he knows soccer. Ody has never had their "pick" of players like the top clubs have at tryouts-they have pretty much had to develop their teams.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/17/2012, 9:39 pm

Igob4u wrote:Has anyone heard the rumor of the 96B Odyssey Coach getting kicked out of the tournament in Memphis, Tn. Labor day weekend?

I was told that the Coach lost it on the side line with his players carrying on and on yelling and screaming. Ref’s stopped game and kicked him out I would assume after warnings for his conduct. He was also made to leave the fields. Their next game he had to sit in bleachers and ref had to stop the game two times to tell him to stop screaming at players and told him if he did it again that he would have to leave the complex? scratch

You heard ??? From who ?You post a rumor? Who told you, who did they hear it from? First post, just how many names you go by and what is the hidden agenda here.

I have no idea if this is true or not but I do know that two years ago we went to Memphis and the officiating was terrible on a level that would shock even NTX vets. I also know that in 6 seasons with Paddy (including a Memphis trip) I never saw him get ejected. He is very loud but rarely disrespectful of the officials. I call BS on this.

Your wrong on that German. Paddy's world, as you call it, is not for many but it does not include being ejected from games.

Goal, you remember? Then we should know each other but it is strange our recollections are so different. I remember the league daclaring us the winner (erroneously obviously) and then calling many days later informing the manager of the mistake. The trophies were given to the anxious 10 or 11 year olds the day the team got them. The parents offered to pay for new ones. The league declined the offer and bought new ones for the other team. And yes we did finish first. Plano used to promote from D2 in the fall to D1 in the spring. No team had ever run D2 in the fall and then won D1 in the spring. They did not know what to do. For six years that team never finished lower than tied for second until their 4th place D1 finish last year.

All those "pathetic lessons" caused my son to be dragged down to a 5 year ODY captain who voluntarily gave it up for a very good friend, going on 4th years as HS varsity captain, ODP state and regional captain and earning captain on another D1 team this year. The rest of those poor kids are mostly on Solar and until last week were tearing through D1. The others are on DTR, DTRS, DT U18 Academy and Andromeda academy. If you were there I will respect you have a different perspective. If not then don't run your mouth of things you have no real knowledge of when it involves the integrity of others.

If you two have a bone to pick with the coach come out and do it. If not then don't stoop to denigrating a man with innuendo based based on rumors and lies.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 9/17/2012, 10:48 pm

Paddy has a loud mouth, thats for sure. I've rarely heard him yell at a referee, however. you can hear him all over the park when his team is playing and it does sound very abrasive and discouraging.....until you listen to the instruction coming within those screams and shouts. i can definitely see where a new referee in a different state can get that loud mouth confused with yelling disparaging remarks at the ref. his big voice makes the words get lost sometimes.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TacoKid 9/17/2012, 10:49 pm

Just curious, no disrespect or hidden agenda, but why did this team fall apart?

TacoKid
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 9/18/2012, 1:58 am

TacoKid wrote:Just curious, no disrespect or hidden agenda, but why did this team fall apart?

Why dont you ask Igob4u and Goal......they seem to know so much about the team. Beware though, all they got is rumors! Igob4u probably has plenty of experience with rumors. Every team has at least one of those types of parents. Glad he is someone elses problem now. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
Paddy isn't for everyone, but he can TEACH the game and develop players. I would much rather have a coach that can develop and teach players vs. the coach that can just recruit. Life isnt full of hugs and kisses. The players that could handle the pressure he put on them developed into very good D1 players. Ask a third of the teams in D1 that have his newly aquired players on their roster. DT Red, DT Red South, and Solar Chelsea aka (Odyssey lite). Probably not having to coach to many bad habits out those former Odyssey kids.
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/18/2012, 7:34 am

Have a tiny impressionable '03. Couldn't be more happy with Paddy as coach. Bring it on.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 9/18/2012, 7:51 am

my2cents wrote:

Your wrong on that German. Paddy's world, as you call it, is not for many but it does not include being ejected from games.
Relax. I have seen him more than once getting ejected from a game and yes he is a good coach that can develop but you can't argue that he will let you know if you do something wrong either as a player or referee.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/18/2012, 8:38 am

Don't know this coach, but I have seen other coaches ejected from games...
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/18/2012, 9:19 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:Don't know this coach, but I have seen other coaches ejected from games...
Doesn't take much to get ejected. Coach John Gall, for questioning a yellow card given to an 8-yr-old. BB's dad, rec coach, for questioning why the ref kept allowing dangerous plays that had already injured two players...and this, because he happened to step onto the pitch to question the lack of calls, and it was also after having volunteered the whole day for the association. Very Happy
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Igob4u 9/18/2012, 10:52 am

my2cents to answer your questions.
You heard??? I was told from team member’s parent

From who? New team member’s parent.

You post a rumor? I don't think so coming from team members parents that witnessed this all unfold and gave a good description of what happened and were floored by the coach’s conduct and the way he acted.

Who told you, who did they hear it from? See above I think it covers this.

First post, just how many names you go by and what is the hidden agenda here. I have one log in on this site. I have followed the 96B scents son started select at U11 never thought anything about posting anything on this site but after what I was TOLD and I thought it would be nice if any of the last year’s players or parents saw this unfold and have a different story about this. I am sorry that I hit a nerve with the 2 or 3 Paddy Fans all I am saying is, if this coach cannot control his actions, conduct or emotions maybe it’s time to retire and hang it up. I would assume that he was a good coach to achieve what he had in the past but maybe he can’t handle the pressure anymore. Paddy has probably forgotten more about the game of soccer than most of us know. I feel that something is wrong here from a previous post from my2cents “IMO the hottest team in NTX” and YES last year the Odyssey 96B were they looked unstoppable in D1 in fall season to return in spring unable to win a game. So what happened to them was it coaching or players fell off? I cannot see that it was the players that were the issue if they all went to the big D1 clubs as players and some went academy as stated by my2cents that’s great for those kid. How many players returned to this coach? I would be curious to know if he is such a great coach and this team was a great team and fun to watch play why did it fall apart.

To respond to scoregazam “Why don’t you ask Igob4u and Goal......they seem to know so much about the team? Beware though, all they got is rumors! Igob4u probably has plenty of experience with rumors. Every team has at least one of those types of parents. Glad he is someone else’s problem now”. Someone else’s problem? Where did that come from I don’t know who you are and you sure don’t know me and for you to make a statement like that you need to get your facts straight before you make false and untrue statements. No I don’t know about “the team” not on the team never been on the team would not pay one red cent for that man to coach my son.

Last time I checked this was an open form to talk about soccer and not make false statements like other people seem to do quite regularly. When I read the rules to sign up we can talk about anything soccer related and that’s what I have done I asked a question. As far as I can remember this is the good old USA and I still think we can say what on our mind unless that has changed and I have not received that memo yet. lol! Maybe scoregazam has some inside info scratch scratch scratch on that scents they know so much about everything else. Who knows? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Sorry to hit a nerve with you Paddy Fans I just want to see if their was another story from an returning player that is use to the coaches conduct. You folks have a great day and enjoy watching your boys last few years of soccer. Smile

Igob4u
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 9/18/2012, 11:23 am

Igob4u wrote:my2cents to answer your questions.

You post a rumor? I don't think so coming from team members parents that witnessed this all unfold and gave a good description of what happened and were floored by the coach’s conduct and the way he acted.

First post, just how many names you go by and what is the hidden agenda here. I have one log in on this site. I have followed the 96B scents son started select at U11 never thought anything about posting anything on this site but after what I was TOLD and I thought it would be nice if any of the last year’s players or parents saw this unfold and have a different story about this. I am sorry that I hit a nerve with the 2 or 3 Paddy Fans all I am saying is, if this coach cannot control his actions, conduct or emotions maybe it’s time to retire and hang it up. I would assume that he was a good coach to achieve what he had in the past but maybe he can’t handle the pressure anymore. Paddy has probably forgotten more about the game of soccer than most of us know. I feel that something is wrong here from a previous post from my2cents “IMO the hottest team in NTX” and YES last year the Odyssey 96B were they looked unstoppable in D1 in fall season to return in spring unable to win a game. So what happened to them was it coaching or players fell off? I cannot see that it was the players that were the issue if they all went to the big D1 clubs as players and some went academy as stated by my2cents that’s great for those kid. How many players returned to this coach? I would be curious to know if he is such a great coach and this team was a great team and fun to watch play why did it fall apart.

To respond to scoregazam “Why don’t you ask Igob4u and Goal......they seem to know so much about the team? Beware though, all they got is rumors! Igob4u probably has plenty of experience with rumors. Every team has at least one of those types of parents. Glad he is someone else’s problem now”. Someone else’s problem? Where did that come from I don’t know who you are and you sure don’t know me and for you to make a statement like that you need to get your facts straight before you make false and untrue statements. No I don’t know about “the team” not on the team never been on the team would not pay one red cent for that man to coach my son.

Last time I checked this was an open form to talk about soccer and not make false statements like other people seem to do quite regularly. When I read the rules to sign up we can talk about anything soccer related and that’s what I have done I asked a question. As far as I can remember this is the good old USA and I still think we can say what on our mind unless that has changed and I have not received that memo yet. lol! Maybe scoregazam has some inside info scratch scratch scratch on that scents they know so much about everything else. Who knows? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Sorry to hit a nerve with you Paddy Fans I just want to see if their was another story from an returning player that is use to the coaches conduct. You folks have a great day and enjoy watching your boys last few years of soccer. Smile

Sorry, felt I needed to respond before Number 13 Smile It's "since" not "scents". Just hit a nerve.

I think it is funny how coaches in soccer are supposed to sit back and play nice while football coaches loose their mind and even grab a young player's face mask while screaming. Don't know much about Paddy accept for times when I have coached against him but I know he cares about teaching the game and the safety of each player on his team.

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 9/18/2012, 12:03 pm

As bad as the refs are in the various leagues my BB has played in; I would be more concerned about a coach that hasn't been tossed or close to being tossed from a game.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 9/18/2012, 12:16 pm

yellowboots wrote:

Sorry, felt I needed to respond before Number 13 Smile It's "since" not "scents". Just hit a nerve.

I think it is funny how coaches in soccer are supposed to sit back and play nice while football coaches loose their mind and even grab a young player's face mask while screaming. Don't know much about Paddy accept for times when I have coached against him but I know he cares about teaching the game and the safety of each player on his team.

We've played against Paddy many times over my BBs short soccer career and never seen him get thrown out. He's very intense and love the fact that when i step out of my car at a tournament i know if Ody is playing at that time. His voice carries well. Besides, his assistants get thrown out more than he does. What's the Number of times i've seen that? Maybe 13.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/18/2012, 1:01 pm

From who? New team member’s parent. You post that you heard a rumor but then say you were told by a parent who was there. Sorry, my response was prompted by the definition of rumor-1.unverified report: a generally circulated story, report, or statement without facts to confirm its truth.

You post a rumor? I don't think so coming from team members parents that witnessed this all unfold and gave a good description of what happened and were floored by the coach’s conduct and the way he acted. You ask if there is any truth to the rumor. So you think the parent is a liar? Then why post it other than to throw the coach under the bus.

Who told you, who did they hear it from?
See above I think it covers this.

First post, just how many names you go by and what is the hidden agenda here. I have one log in on this site. I have followed the 96B scents son started select at U11 never thought anything about posting anything on this site but after what I was TOLD and I thought it would be nice if any of the last year’s players or parents saw this unfold and have a different story about this. I am sorry that I hit a nerve with the 2 or 3 Paddy Fans all I am saying is, if this coach cannot control his actions, conduct or emotions maybe it’s time to retire and hang it up. I would assume that he was a good coach to achieve what he had in the past but maybe he can’t handle the pressure anymore. Paddy has probably forgotten more about the game of soccer than most of us know. I feel that something is wrong here from a previous post from my2cents “IMO the hottest team in NTX” and YES last year the Odyssey 96B were they looked unstoppable in D1 in fall season to return in spring unable to win a game. So what happened to them was it coaching or players fell off? I cannot see that it was the players that were the issue if they all went to the big D1 clubs as players and some went academy as stated by my2cents that’s great for those kid. How many players returned to this coach? I would be curious to know if he is such a great coach and this team was a great team and fun to watch play why did it fall apart. Dont care to share that with someone who is so quick to say a coach that you have never played for is out of control. You seemed awfully "concerned " for someone who does not nor ever had an interest in this team or club. Not buying it.

Last time I checked this was an open form to talk about soccer and not make false statements like other people seem to do quite regularly. When I read the rules to sign up we can talk about anything soccer related and that’s what I have done I asked a question. As far as I can remember this is the good old USA and I still think we can say what on our mind unless that has changed and I have not received that memo yet. lol! Yes you can but do not confuse having the right to do so with it always being right to do so. Maybe scoregazam has some inside info scratch scratch scratch on that scents they know so much about everything else. Who knows? Rolling Eyes Laughing

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 9/18/2012, 1:23 pm

Geez, can we move on already? Not sure why we have to continually rehash the same subject over and over. Once more for those who haven't been paying attention:

- Ody 96 was a good team with a coach that screams. Who cares, many coaches scream.
- Ody 96 split up and now have anointed 5 or 6 other D1 teams with primetime D1 players. We've heard this many times on this board so it must be true. No arguments.
- The new Ody 96 is a Plano team wearing Ody uniforms. The coach still screams. So what. Someone bring him a lozenge.

Is there nothing interesting to discuss in this age group? Early college committments? Upcoming Showcase tournaments? Anything?

Geez.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coach getting  kicked out tournament Empty Showcase tournaments

Post by hammer's dad 9/18/2012, 2:01 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:Geez, can we move on already? Not sure why we have to continually rehash the same subject over and over. Once more for those who haven't been paying attention:

- Ody 96 was a good team with a coach that screams. Who cares, many coaches scream.
- Ody 96 split up and now have anointed 5 or 6 other D1 teams with primetime D1 players. We've heard this many times on this board so it must be true. No arguments.
- The new Ody 96 is a Plano team wearing Ody uniforms. The coach still screams. So what. Someone bring him a lozenge.

Is there nothing interesting to discuss in this age group? Early college committments? Upcoming Showcase tournaments? Anything?

Geez.

What about The Birmingham, Al. Showcase (Dec. 7-9, 2012) I think its going on during the collage final 4 and what I understand is that all the players are given tickets to go watch the collage games at night. Does anyone have any other info?
hammer's dad
hammer's dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothin.but.net 9/18/2012, 3:58 pm

hammer's dad wrote:What about The Birmingham, Al. Showcase (Dec. 7-9, 2012) I think its going on during the collage final 4 and what I understand is that all the players are given tickets to go watch the collage games at night. Does anyone have any other info?

Sorry, but first it's "College". Grammar nazi coming out.

Anyways the tournament seems to have told us exactly what you have said... and nothing else.
By any means it should be a good tournament with physical and good teams with good college coaches present... but start a new topic if you wish to discuss it further.

Nothin.but.net
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/18/2012, 4:13 pm

Spelling and grammar are two different things, Himmler. Very Happy
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 9/18/2012, 4:41 pm

Nazi? Himmler? Why don't you two take a deep breath. Twisted Evil
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidesdad 9/18/2012, 4:46 pm

[quote="The German"]Nazi? Himmler? Why don't you two take a deep breath. :twisted: [/quote]

That voice. That voice that puts me to sleep at night.

Offsidesdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/18/2012, 5:43 pm

How did Yellowboots call someone else out on context but "accept" his own contextual mistake? And the resident Nazi didn't catch it?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/18/2012, 10:48 pm

hammer's dad wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:Geez, can we move on already? Not sure why we have to continually rehash the same subject over and over. Once more for those who haven't been paying attention:

Geez.

What about The Birmingham, Al. Showcase (Dec. 7-9, 2012) I think its going on during the collage final 4 and what I understand is that all the players are given tickets to go watch the collage games at night. Does anyone have any other info?

Was there for the Inter-regional last year and enjoyed it. It was the showcase, the ODP Interegional, and the National league as well as a younger age tourney. Lots of college coaches. The National League wont be there this year , I don't know if that will impact the coach total. Expect to go back this year. You guys going ? It is during the College Cup. Good time. You get to see both semis and the final.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down