Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Cup Predictions - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Cup Predictions

+13
Real Barcelona
ShortCorner
mspan02
goscore!
Rooneyhasplugs
cowpukesfan
Ibystander
go99
my2cents
R1
PG-Boy
omega striker
finish1
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dallas Cup Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas Cup Predictions

Post by Ibystander 3/22/2013, 5:08 pm

go99 wrote:Bunch of crybaby suburbanites Sad
lol! My youngest bb now hates to be called a suburbanite! Castro is starting to rub off on so many. Cool

Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 3/22/2013, 5:14 pm

Hey, Soccerisgood123, you and your bb should make the trek. Fair Park is really nice. It's an enclosed park that's very safe.

You'll miss some great youth soccer.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/22/2013, 5:21 pm

Riquelme wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:tongue
soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:frisco and everything it stands for (even though I'm not sure what it stands for) sucks. Glad the DALLAS CUP is back in Dallas. Playing in the history of the Fair park. Bunch of crybaby suburbanites Sad

hardly. crappy richland fields, no restaurants near by, even crappier oversized cotton bowl in a crappy part of town. no thanks. compared to a great facility with a soccer specific stadium all in one spot. epic fail, hopefully they all come back to their sense next year...

Crappy part of town? Sorry the concrete is not white and shiny buddy. God forbid you have to go down south. There are plenty of places to eat but you may run into people who you dont see up in Frisco. But come on down I'm sure we will spot you looking like a tourist....

cheerstonguelol!geek

yes, i bet i would see some people i don't see in frisco down there..............but why waste a nice friday on that topic.....sorry, crappy facilities, i am passing this year...

Just messin with you bud. cheers

i will miss out on some great margarita and mexican food, i will admit that. drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/22/2013, 5:26 pm

there is what peoples belief of what fair park is and then there is the reality of it. Fair park just went thru a multi million dollar renovation, has a handfull of very good restuarants in the immediate area with easy access to the most varied dining and entertainment in the metroplex. The idea that the city of frisco may have more to offer than the city of Dallas is laughable. But no doubt some will be afraid to head into the big bad city and even if they get the same crowd as last year it will be swallowed by a stadium that holds more people than old trafford.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/22/2013, 5:34 pm

go99 wrote:there is what peoples belief of what fair park is and then there is the reality of it. Fair park just went thru a multi million dollar renovation, has a handfull of very good restuarants in the immediate area with easy access to the most varied dining and entertainment in the metroplex. The idea that the city of frisco may have more to offer than the city of Dallas is laughable. But no doubt some will be afraid to head into the big bad city and even if they get the same crowd as last year it will be swallowed by a stadium that holds more people than old trafford.

not afraid, just been down there enough to know its a piece of crap area- state fair, football games etc. but hey enjoy the games...

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 3/22/2013, 5:53 pm

[quote="soccerisgood123"][quote="go99"]there is what peoples belief of what fair park is and then there is the reality of it. Fair park just went thru a multi million dollar renovation, has a handfull of very good restuarants in the immediate area with easy access to the most varied dining and entertainment in the metroplex. The idea that the city of frisco may have more to offer than the city of Dallas is laughable. But no doubt some will be afraid to head into the big bad city and even if they get the same crowd as last year it will be swallowed by a stadium that holds more people than old trafford.[/quote]

not afraid, just been down there enough to know its a piece of crap area- state fair, football games etc. but hey enjoy the games...[/quote]

Tres Colores restaurant on Regal Row/Harry Hines is good. Good seating and excellent fajita or enchilada plates.
Tell Eppy that Leroy sent you.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/22/2013, 6:21 pm

cowpukesfan wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:there is what peoples belief of what fair park is and then there is the reality of it. Fair park just went thru a multi million dollar renovation, has a handfull of very good restuarants in the immediate area with easy access to the most varied dining and entertainment in the metroplex. The idea that the city of frisco may have more to offer than the city of Dallas is laughable. But no doubt some will be afraid to head into the big bad city and even if they get the same crowd as last year it will be swallowed by a stadium that holds more people than old trafford.

not afraid, just been down there enough to know its a piece of crap area- state fair, football games etc. but hey enjoy the games...

Tres Colores restaurant on Regal Row/Harry Hines is good. Good seating and excellent fajita or enchilada plates.
Tell Eppy that Leroy sent you.

thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 3/22/2013, 6:34 pm

[quote="soccerisgood123"][quote="cowpukesfan"][quote="soccerisgood123"][quote="go99"]there is what peoples belief of what fair park is and then there is the reality of it. Fair park just went thru a multi million dollar renovation, has a handfull of very good restuarants in the immediate area with easy access to the most varied dining and entertainment in the metroplex. The idea that the city of frisco may have more to offer than the city of Dallas is laughable. But no doubt some will be afraid to head into the big bad city and even if they get the same crowd as last year it will be swallowed by a stadium that holds more people than old trafford.[/quote]

not afraid, just been down there enough to know its a piece of crap area- state fair, football games etc. but hey enjoy the games...[/quote]

Tell Eppy that Leroy sent you.[/quote]

thanks[/quote]

You're welcome.
The restaurant's really good.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/22/2013, 9:39 pm

Tres Colores is nowhere near Fair Park, but if you're in that area, stop by Dunstons for a great steak! Then head over to Club Schmitz for a beer!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 3/22/2013, 10:03 pm

[quote="finish1"]Tres Colores is nowhere near Fair Park, but if you're in that area, stop by Dunstons for a great steak! Then head over to Club Schmitz for a beer!
[/quote]

It's about 8 miles from Fair Park.
Dunstons is pretty good though.
Passed by Club Schmitz plenty of times but never been there.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/28/2013, 6:24 pm

ok looks like a few NTX teams made it thru to the knockout stages so far hope they d well!!!
U13-FCD East
U14-DTR
U16-Solar U15 PA
U17-FCD U15/U16 academy
U19-Solar U17/U18 academy
congrats to those NTX teams:cheers:
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 3/28/2013, 7:51 pm

omega striker wrote:ok looks like a few NTX teams made it thru to the knockout stages so far hope they d well!!!
U13-FCD East
U14-DTR
U16-Solar U15 PA
U17-FCD U15/U16 academy
U19-Solar U17/U18 academy
congrats to those NTX teams:cheers:

CAS has just about that many in one age bracket. Laughing

NTX Embarassed

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/29/2013, 9:06 am

U14 will be a showdown between Souther Cal and Mex. The last NTX holdout was thrashed yesterday by Pateadores 5-0. They are on a 14 GF 1 GA sniper fest at DC.

RQ, my BB recalls beating Pateadores in the semis at the Las Vegas Cup a few years ago. They were on a similar 15 GF and 1 GA run until they met U11 DT. Still have the video posted on youtube of his header goal at that tourney. One of the best I've seen at that age. He pulled a golden hat trick in another tourney not long after that (left foot, right foot, header).

Oh, well. On the sidelines like everyone else at this point. lol!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/29/2013, 5:36 pm

finish1 wrote:U14 will be a showdown between Souther Cal and Mex. The last NTX holdout was thrashed yesterday by Pateadores 5-0. They are on a 14 GF 1 GA sniper fest at DC.

RQ, my BB recalls beating Pateadores in the semis at the Las Vegas Cup a few years ago. They were on a similar 15 GF and 1 GA run until they met U11 DT. Still have the video posted on youtube of his header goal at that tourney. One of the best I've seen at that age. He pulled a golden hat trick in another tourney not long after that (left foot, right foot, header).

Oh, well. On the sidelines like everyone else at this point. lol!
Pateadores is like FCD they have like 15 teams in each age group although they rotate players up and down so those teams are always changing:suspect:
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/29/2013, 5:44 pm

ok here are the standings and match ups as of today
U13 finals
Pateadores LA(CAS) vs FC Golden ST(CAS)
U14 finals
Pateadores CM(CAS) vs CF Monterrey Rayados(MEX)
U15 finals
Arsenal FC academy(CAS) vs Sunrise elite(FL)
U16 semi's
CF Monterrey Rayados(MEX) vs CZ Elite(CAS)
Santa Monica United(CAS) vs FC Golden ST(CAS)
U17 semi's
Santa Clara Sporting(CAS) vs FRAM(CAS)
Aalborkg(DEN) vs FCD Golden st(CAS)
U19 semi's
IF Brommapujkarna vs IMG academy(FL)
Houston Dynamo academy(TXS) vs PAC Tigres(CAN)

bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/29/2013, 11:41 pm

Whoa...CAS could win the Dallas Cup in every age except men's U19. I really hope that doesn't happen. What an embarrassment for the rest of the US youth soccer Shocked

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/30/2013, 2:03 pm

U16 final
CF Monterrey Rayados(MEX) vs Santa Monica United(CAS)
U17 final
Santa Clara sporting(CAN) vs AALBORG BK(DEN)
U19 final
IF Brommapojkarna(SWE) vs Houston Dynamo U17/U18 academy(TXS)
Supergroup final
Kashiwa Reysol(JAP) vs Fulham FC(GBR)
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 3/31/2013, 11:01 am

At the half of u16 final mexico 5 so cal 0 not super impressed w mexico but this so cal team is NOT good today at least and already quit

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/31/2013, 1:21 pm

mspan02 wrote:At the half of u16 final mexico 5 so cal 0 not super impressed w mexico but this so cal team is NOT good today at least and already quit
??? scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 3/31/2013, 2:29 pm

goscore! wrote:Whoa...CAS could win the Dallas Cup in every age except men's U19. I really hope that doesn't happen. What an embarrassment for the rest of the US youth soccer Shocked

They won't of course but they did a good job of representing So Cal.

As several on here have said, most notably G99, NTX soccer does not put out a great product. they may be great for NTX but that's about it. I remember watching one of the so called great Solar teams a couple years back playing in the Dallas Cup. A team considered one of the best if not the best in R3. They showed up to play a very good So Cal team. I say showed up because once the game began it was apparent they were two teams playing at different levels. That So Cal team ran all over them. Whitewashed them and made them look silly. The cocky loud mouthed parents got real quiet once they were down 3-0 and the final would have been a lot worse except the So Cal team hit the side and cross bars a few times instead of the back of the net.

That's not to say there aren't good player out there but development here is poor at best. Its unfortunate because there is talent that can be developed. If the plan it to reach the next level then it will fall back to the player and parents as it should. Relying on the clubs is throwing away money.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortCorner 3/31/2013, 3:04 pm

Funny how most of you have all of the answers in developing US Soccer players. Must be the club's fault.

I have an idea:

Why not start your own club and hire some of the best and brightest young coaching minds? Pick all of the smallest kids and don't worry if the team wins. Be in it for the long haul, developing skill and creativity, reduce the cost to zero so it's not about the money.

Never mind that your team got relegated to Plano, all of the players left because the parents wanted their kid in the top division, and all of the coaches left your club because you cant pay them.

Hey, how about some new ideas. We have heard all of these before.

ShortCorner
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/31/2013, 3:07 pm

Solar did alright against the cali teams in 2012. http://www.dallascup.com/schedules/XXXIII/42220254.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortCorner 3/31/2013, 3:25 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, winning is not important (we should be about development) but the Cal teams are beating the NTX teams so they are better.

I guess the Brazilians aren't developing any players this year either.

ShortCorner
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 3/31/2013, 11:37 pm

So, the WINNERS were:

13 So Cal
14 So Cal
15 Florida
16 Mexico
17 Denmark
19 Sweden
Super Group England

draw your own conclusions

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/1/2013, 2:50 pm

My conclusion is that this year the Socal teams dominated at younger age groups but once our kids hit puberty or beyond, they are no competition for the foreign teams. I am not sure if this is always the case though.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 78Comet 4/1/2013, 3:01 pm

Yes more often than not this is precisely the case. On occasion we see a domestic team do well at the older age groups, but in general the rest of the world has a completely different attitude towards the sport beyond the age of 14.

Jules
78Comet
78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next