Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96B CL -Mid-season picks-Comments Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96B CL -Mid-season picks-Comments

+6
finish1
THE NEEDLE
soccermom040
cornerkick96
Armadillo
CH1
10 posters

Go down

96B CL -Mid-season picks-Comments Empty 96B CL -Mid-season picks-Comments

Post by CH1 2/1/2010, 10:37 am

Were any players lost....picked up? .....any predictions on how the spring will finish out?
D1 Can anyone deseat FCD? Will both Texans (white/red west)fall?
D2 Will it be a 4 horse race to the finish? Will FCD blue improve?
D3 Odyssey and ETS seem to be a lock. Will Bocas improve?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96B CL -Mid-season picks-Comments Empty Re: 96B CL -Mid-season picks-Comments

Post by Armadillo 2/6/2010, 9:15 am

D1 Tejanos lose a player to D2 Tornados White and also lose another player that broke his hand in a Houston Tournament. That player is out the first two games. Tejanos pick up a great forward with speed and foot skills that had not been playing in Classic. Tornados have all their players back from injured reserve.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 2/6/2010, 6:35 pm

Armadillo wrote:D1 Tejanos lose a player to D2 Tornados White.... .
Why the move from D1 to D2 team? Coach issue? Playing time? Tired of having to play FCD-Solar-Texans-Andro? Just curious if you care to share 96B CL -Mid-season picks-Comments Icon_cool
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 2/6/2010, 7:59 pm

Tired of coach and the way he treated my son, which was not improving and he finally just tuned out the coach. Coach wouldn't even speak to me about my issues, ignored me too. Loves new team, likes coach and I am already seeing an improvement in his play on the field. When the coach favors players that skip practice, talk trash to team mates and blows off a dedicated player, its time to move on. Took a hit paying dues to two teams this year, but it was worth it.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 2/6/2010, 8:36 pm

Congrats on finding a better fit for your son. I have never been a big proponent of the mid-season move but there are instances that it should be allowed if it is for the good of the player - this sounds like one of those cases. Good luck this season with the Tornados.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 2/10/2010, 9:42 am

Glad your son made the move that will benefit him. Looks like Tornados opened with a win, so they are moving in the right direction.
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 2/10/2010, 2:12 pm

Armadillo wrote:Tired of coach and the way he treated my son, which was not improving and he finally just tuned out the coach. Coach wouldn't even speak to me about my issues, ignored me too. Loves new team, likes coach and I am already seeing an improvement in his play on the field. When the coach favors players that skip practice, talk trash to team mates and blows off a dedicated player, its time to move on. Took a hit paying dues to two teams this year, but it was worth it.

Does NTX should have hearing for release purposes? If they did, and NTX sided with the parents, then the club doesn't get paid! When you think about it, the contract we sign every July clearly states our financially obligation... what are coaches/clubs obligated to provide? 2 practices a week and piss-pour attitude from glorified PE teachers? Half of these guys coach b/c they can't get a job in the real world. They'd be great car salesman... they're use to feeding people BS.
Glad the kid got to another team... happiness fosters learning so hopefully his game continues to grow.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 2/10/2010, 8:13 pm

soccermom040 wrote:
Armadillo wrote:Tired of coach and the way he treated my son, which was not improving and he finally just tuned out the coach. Coach wouldn't even speak to me about my issues, ignored me too. Loves new team, likes coach and I am already seeing an improvement in his play on the field. When the coach favors players that skip practice, talk trash to team mates and blows off a dedicated player, its time to move on. Took a hit paying dues to two teams this year, but it was worth it.

Does NTX should have hearing for release purposes? If they did, and NTX sided with the parents, then the club doesn't get paid! When you think about it, the contract we sign every July clearly states our financially obligation... what are coaches/clubs obligated to provide? 2 practices a week and piss-pour attitude from glorified PE teachers? Half of these guys coach b/c they can't get a job in the real world. They'd be great car salesman... they're use to feeding people BS.
Glad the kid got to another team... happiness fosters learning so hopefully his game continues to grow.
Funny Marge Simpson talking about the "real world".
Marge what do you sell in your world; Avon, Mary Kay or Tupperware?
Which glorified gym teacher or used car salesman is coaching your kid?
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/10/2010, 8:33 pm

always an unhappy card at the bottom of the deck when the ace turns out to be a duck
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 2/11/2010, 12:57 am

The Needle... was that the old college nick name that the greek girls had for ya? Wow... the Mary Kay comeback for a soccermom. Got a team of monkeys working on your replies?
Have any of guys checked out the signing report from a couple of days ago? Not many NTX players signing at big time college programs. Better off saving those aces for the college fund... not many big money scholarships for boys soccer.
You guys have been brain washed. If you were around when CL started, you'd know that quality soccer existed before big soccer clubs... it's not a myth!
And even though I don't like the business of youth soccer, I know how to play their game. You want my kid to play, you will help with the tab. For those that don't hold all the cards, pay for more skills sessions, the PE teachers will gladly take more of your money.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 2/11/2010, 8:46 am

soccermom040 wrote:The Needle... was that the old college nick name that the greek girls had for ya? Wow... the Mary Kay comeback for a soccermom. Got a team of monkeys working on your replies?
Have any of guys checked out the signing report from a couple of days ago? Not many NTX players signing at big time college programs. Better off saving those aces for the college fund... not many big money scholarships for boys soccer.
You guys have been brain washed. If you were around when CL started, you'd know that quality soccer existed before big soccer clubs... it's not a myth!
And even though I don't like the business of youth soccer, I know how to play their game. You want my kid to play, you will help with the tab. For those that don't hold all the cards, pay for more skills sessions, the PE teachers will gladly take more of your money.
There is no such thing as a "big time" college soccer program.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 2/11/2010, 11:15 am

So that makes the idea of spending over 2500/yr for club soccer even more insane.
Relative to soccer world wide, I agree, there is no big time soccer programs. But for the university system here, there are soccer programs better than others. NTX players aren't flooding those better programs. With the number of players the NTX area has and the price we pay, I would expect more kids playing on top 10 college teams. And you can't use SMU; they're in a crappy conference and don't play decent competition until the playoffs, where they get dispatched fairly quickly.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/11/2010, 11:31 am

Some of your arguement has weight, Madge. I agree on the issue of splitting the tab for club play. But only for players on the top team. Family economics are taken out of the equation. You still have to pay extra for skills. Soccer is business.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 2/11/2010, 2:46 pm

soccermom040 wrote:

NTX does have a hearing process for releases if the club won't grant one. I am surprised you do not know that if you have been around since classic began. You can get your release. The money is another matter. NTX does not have the power to void a legally binding business contract. You have to go to court for that.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 2/11/2010, 3:05 pm

soccermom040 wrote:So that makes the idea of spending over 2500/yr for club soccer even more insane.
Relative to soccer world wide, I agree, there is no big time soccer programs. But for the university system here, there are soccer programs better than others. NTX players aren't flooding those better programs. With the number of players the NTX area has and the price we pay, I would expect more kids playing on top 10 college teams. And you can't use SMU; they're in a crappy conference and don't play decent competition until the playoffs, where they get dispatched fairly quickly.
People piss away $2500 a year on far less productive pusuits all the time. Also the last I checked they don't give many college scholarships for ballet, tap dancing, martial arts or a myriad of other kid activities. I am pretty sure that is not the goal of most parents that pay for those activities. Soccer parents should have the same mindset.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad96 2/11/2010, 3:32 pm

BTW... Anyone paying 2K+ travel, time and misc expenses a year in hopes of a "Soccer Scholarship" to a 4 year school is a Fool.
As for Coaches being PE Teacher to Used Car Salesmen that cannot hold a real job, many are in that group with a few exceptions. It was explained to me as most "Coaches are Gipsies that are lead by a Head Gipsy with a family". They're typically Adolescence Adults with fragile egos and are out for themselves and do not care who they step on along the way.
How Great is Life to be a Wanna Be / Has Been making $40k+ a year, working 15 to 18 hour a week, 30 to 40 weeks a year. Sleep late everyday at their roommates place, then to show up to public park late around 6PM for practice that consist of a scrimmage that the players put together themselves.

It's up to us as paying customers for services rendered to figure out who can give our kids the best training for the money, then we ask ourselves again, Who are we doing this for?????
SoccerDad96
SoccerDad96
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 2/11/2010, 4:59 pm

Again, you guys are proving my point... "soccer is business". It's only a business b/c we allowed it to become a business. We gave up that fight long time ago. And yes, I know there's a hearing process for releases... it's called leaving a "hook" to keep the conversation going. Keep your 2cents and use them on your dues!
Needle, there are actually more scholarships out there for dance and performing arts than men's soccer. Unfortunately for our boys, the scholarship scales are heavily in favor of women sports/activities. Maybe you have your head right with ball when it comes to soccer expectations but the majority of NTX parents, I'm not sure about.
Coaches control the scholarship money but they have to balance the books delicately b/c soccer is their only source of income. Imagine the team you could put together if soccer wasn't such a business. And that goes all the way up to US soccer. The US team could be great if US soccer and the club system wasn't such a business. Lots of talent here that never gets seen or given a chance. For the most part, the kid that can pay is the one that gets the roster spot.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/11/2010, 5:42 pm

Madge, you pull that gonzo from under your skirt? You pack large for a girl. I agree with the last part of your arguement.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 2/13/2010, 11:53 am

Dont worry about my needing 2 cents for my dues. I have no problem with them. I leave the scholerships for those who truly need them and don't try to get others to pick up part of the tab for me just because my kid is good. If you need the scholership then I admire you for going after it. If it is just because your kid is good enough that you can squeeze them, then shame on you for others are picking up the tab and a kid whose family can't afford it is out of luck.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 2/13/2010, 12:30 pm

well put 2 cents Smile
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 2/13/2010, 2:36 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Again, you guys are proving my point... "soccer is business". It's only a business b/c we allowed it to become a business. We gave up that fight long time ago. And yes, I know there's a hearing process for releases... it's called leaving a "hook" to keep the conversation going. Keep your 2cents and use them on your dues!
Needle, there are actually more scholarships out there for dance and performing arts than men's soccer. Unfortunately for our boys, the scholarship scales are heavily in favor of women sports/activities. Maybe you have your head right with ball when it comes to soccer expectations but the majority of NTX parents, I'm not sure about.
Coaches control the scholarship money but they have to balance the books delicately b/c soccer is their only source of income. Imagine the team you could put together if soccer wasn't such a business. And that goes all the way up to US soccer. The US team could be great if US soccer and the club system wasn't such a business. Lots of talent here that never gets seen or given a chance. For the most part, the kid that can pay is the one that gets the roster spot.

You do have a point. From my experience, select soccer was a great introduction to sports at 12/13 and under ages, but after that it turns much more business related. At the older ages, the kids are normally paying to play a sport due to the competitiveness of sports at their school and being told that select soccer is the pinnacle of youth sports. Actually, most kids (at least the boys) are more interested in playing sports that are attended by their friends, cheerleaders, faculty, family, etc. than one attended by just mom and/or dad. Having these coaches and clubs take advantage of that niche is pretty sad, especially if they hide behind the not for profit tag and use the "college scholarship" con as a hook. I work with someone whose kids play select for a small club and the coach has them absolutely convinced their boys will be getting free rides to college. These kids are wonderful kids, but are no where near that level. One of the coaches even wrote a pamphlet on how to get to college playing soccer and peddles it to the teams to supplement his income. From what I understand, he hasn't even set foot on a college campus and, unfortunately, has no occupation. Even more unfortunate is the money is usually at the expense of a college investment plan. It does seem that the tide is changing, however. As the CL and the economy has declined, people are looking more closely at how they spend their money and are not as easily fooled. There will always be the dreamers though and the ones who will see a dollar sign over their heads.

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 2/16/2010, 6:05 pm

my2cents wrote:Dont worry about my needing 2 cents for my dues. I have no problem with them. I leave the scholerships for those who truly need them and don't try to get others to pick up part of the tab for me just because my kid is good. If you need the scholership then I admire you for going after it. If it is just because your kid is good enough that you can squeeze them, then shame on you for others are picking up the tab and a kid whose family can't afford it is out of luck.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Regardless if I can afford it or not, you should be shaking your finger at club soccer, not me. I didn't create this business soccer world. You realize that if everyone that can afford the outrageous dues just said "NO we're not paying that", there wouldn't be the need for scholarships. All those kids that have the highest potential get the opportunity to play, w/o the financial burden. Have you seen the last names on the FC Dallas junior teams; much more ethnic variety in those last names compared to the generic CL team roster. Money is the main obstacle, it's no coincidence. So don't preach about taking advantage of the system. By the way, I can't afford this crap on a Mary Kay and Avon salary!
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down