Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

04 Fall Season 2013 - Page 15 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

04 Fall Season 2013

+65
Majortom
04soccermom
trblmkr
keepsmom
DragonStryker
agsoccerdad
7sdad
soccerdad04
ShastaTx
Rancho4C
soccerfreak
Neymar11
DarkHorse
threesoccermom
Beast23
looprevil
soccer0104
coachdom
PremierLeagueFan
BACKPOST
yellowboots
okbug
1moretime
Soccerlady
TryingMyBest
99mom
Firewater
99goaliedad
toepoker11
ThiefCatcher
sukiakiman
sjamison
mcgill
wetgrass
coast2coast
JJS17
debit
Super duper
whatthe
Sprint
Messifan
newton heath FC
Number13
momanon04
Minilla
cocacolaclassicchamps
Discombobulated
america
YouCall-It
SDadX2
omega striker
go99
finish1
ayza
Maradona
socBall02
Kixx
xacute
bunited
donotquestion
allen04
ricky jones
moveyourfeet
hotmale1
4theluvofthegame
69 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

04 Fall Season 2013 - Page 15 Empty Re: 04 Fall Season 2013

Post by ricky jones 10/7/2013, 2:37 pm

We played FCD West in PLD, the next day we played SR in PLD.

GO - maybe SR took it easy on you - I assure you I know two kids on SR who are faster than anyone on FCD West.

ricky jones
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/7/2013, 2:40 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
Number13 wrote:
sukiakiman wrote: but we got screwed by referee who called offsides on a shot that bounced off the Texan's goalie hands and rebounded into a Rush player that poked it in....
I'm curious why the deflected shot is mentioned.  

I'd put $10 on SR sight unseen in a 2v2 race vs FCD.
13 two different conversations.  Suki is talking about game with Texans yesterday.  

Go, Bunited, and SDxDaD are talking about Liverpool RASE and Solar Red game Saturday.  
Thanks, this is all very hard to follow.   Not all '04 games are the same?   Keep track of two story lines?  Head spins.  And now I will get back to working on my PhD in "walking while I chew this gum".   To clarify:

(a) The deflected part of the story makes me wonder about the offsides interpretation.  In the 3-2 game.
(b) SR has at least two very fast kids.  In the 5-0 game.

Cheers
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 10/7/2013, 2:57 pm

ricky jones wrote:We played FCD West in PLD, the next day we played SR in PLD.

GO - maybe SR took it easy on you - I assure you I know two kids on SR who are faster than anyone on FCD West.
I'm curious who you think are the 2? There is one that is not in dispute, but the other one, I wouldn't be so sure. We have several others who in a dead sprint would likely beat each other at any given time, and others that are slightly quicker, but not quite as fast.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by looprevil 10/7/2013, 3:37 pm

[/quote]First off it wasn't our coach, our coach was out of town.  We had a guest coach who was terrible.

It was a good competitive game and the better team won.  It's really as simple as that.  [/quote]
First, given the Club I have little doubt your first point above is true and likely impacted your team.

And to your second point- I have not seen many (well any) 5-0 matches in which the play was as competitive and close as you seem to indicate. However, I guess there are always first times for everything.

looprevil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/7/2013, 3:44 pm

Somehow I doubt they were taking it easy. Good teams generally only have 1 gear. It could be a case of the FCD team was earlier and maybe our girls and eyes are adjusting to the speed. Now as far as specific players go I have no idea. I was thinking overall team speed. Also solar red moves the ball really well so it doesn't do as good of a job of showcasing a individuals "look at me an how fast I run". Solar red I thought well organized, keeps shape well, combines and passes well, disciplined and high soccer IQ. Agressive, physical, fast did not come into mind. The FCD team was wow these kids are fast and aggressive all over the field and to every ball. The girls were uncomfortable and a step behind. The solar red game they weren't under too much pressure, they just got beat. Kids covering for others, rotating in behind, etc. It was a master class of soccer. I was impressedand I am not usually impressed with soccer here in NTX. So maybe solar red is fast but it sure isn't why they are good or are winning
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/7/2013, 3:51 pm

looprevil wrote: 
First off it wasn't our coach, our coach was out of town.  We had a guest coach who was terrible.

It was a good competitive game and the better team won.  It's really as simple as that.  [/quote]First, given the Club I have little doubt your first point above is true and likely impacted your team.  

And to your second point- I have not seen many (well any) 5-0 matches in which the play was as competitive and close as you seem to indicate.  However, I guess there are always first times for everything.  
[/quote]Really?  Get out and watch more soccer.  Just saw dortmund lose a game 2-0 this weekend.  They had 57% possesion, 27 shots taken compared to only 6 for the other team.  9 corner kick compared to only 1 for the other team.  They dominated everywhere except the score.

2nd the coach had a negative impact but we still were not going to win that game even if our coach was there.  From what I saw they were a better more complete team.  The game just wasn't the endless onslaught of shots that was suggested.  I know you guys wanted SR to hang 10 on the girls but it just wasn't there.

Last edited by go99 on 10/7/2013, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 10/7/2013, 3:57 pm

go99 wrote:Somehow I doubt they were taking it easy.  Good teams generally only have 1 gear.  It could be a case of the FCD team was earlier and maybe our girls and eyes are adjusting to the speed.  Now as far as specific players go I have no idea.  I was thinking overall team speed.  Also solar red moves the ball really well so it doesn't do as good of a job of showcasing a individuals "look at me an how fast I run".  Solar red I thought well organized, keeps shape well, combines and passes well, disciplined and high soccer IQ.  Agressive, physical, fast did not come into mind.  The FCD team was wow these kids are fast and aggressive all over the field and to every ball.  The girls were uncomfortable and a step behind.  The solar red game they weren't under too much pressure, they just got beat.  Kids covering for others, rotating in behind, etc.  It was a master class of soccer.  I was impressedand I am not usually impressed with soccer here in NTX.  So maybe solar red is fast but it sure isn't why they are good or are winning
Thank you for the compliment. Wish i would have been there. For those interested, we are always willing to let players come and train. Not sure we do things differently than others, but if any are interested, fill free to shoot me a PM and I can get you details.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/7/2013, 4:05 pm

if you are looking out in that area I would recommend it. You can see the coaching from the onfield product. Forget top team, academy and all the other stuff. At this age the kids have to be learning to play and these kids certianly are. Don't know the coach but kudos and good work to the coach and great job to the boys. It's a long road but you guys are off to a great start.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by YouCall-It 10/7/2013, 4:30 pm

go99 wrote:
looprevil wrote: 
First off it wasn't our coach, our coach was out of town.  We had a guest coach who was terrible.

It was a good competitive game and the better team won.  It's really as simple as that.  
First, given the Club I have little doubt your first point above is true and likely impacted your team.  

And to your second point- I have not seen many (well any) 5-0 matches in which the play was as competitive and close as you seem to indicate.  However, I guess there are always first times for everything.  
Really?  Get out and watch more soccer.  Just saw dortmund lose a game 2-0 this weekend.  They had 57% possesion, 27 shots taken compared to only 6 for the other team.  9 corner kick compared to only 1 for the other team.  They dominated everywhere except the score.

2nd the coach had a negative impact but we still were not going to win that game even if our coach was there.  From what I saw they were a better more complete team.  The game just wasn't the endless onslaught of shots that was suggested.  I know you guys wanted SR to hang 10 on the girls but it just wasn't there.
I would agree with Go, the onslaught of shots were not there as predicted.  SR is a good team.  Movement of the ball was well played (done).  I will sit back and defend "The Girls" Keeper:

Two shots were at her and she couldn't hold on.  The boys put back on rebounds.  
Two other went thru her legs..

But hey, thats how the ball bounces some times.  Not saying they would have won.  But could have, would have, should have ...

YouCall-It
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by looprevil 10/7/2013, 4:38 pm

go99 wrote:
looprevil wrote: 

It was a good competitive game and the better team won.  It's really as simple as that.  

[/quote]Really?  Get out and watch more soccer.  Just saw dortmund lose a game 2-0 this weekend.  They had 57% possesion, 27 shots taken compared to only 6 for the other team.  9 corner kick compared to only 1 for the other team.  They dominated everywhere except the score.

[/quote]
First, I don't care how many SR hung on the girls- I don't have a dog in the fight.

Second, 2-0 is not 5-0.

Since I apparently do not get out to enough soccer games in your estimation…please share with me an example of another match (other than U7 or younger) where the score was 5-0 (or worse) and the team that lost was very competitive (i.e. as good as or better than others: able to compete successfully with others- as is the definition).

I am sure I can think of a several 2-0 (possibly even a 3-0 game) I would consider competitive, but 5-0...not so much. But like I said maybe this was a very rare and highly unusual game..

looprevil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 10/7/2013, 4:57 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
bunited wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:
bunited wrote:
go99 wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:
bunited wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:
go99 wrote:I saw the game a little different.  The girls were not going to win that game but it was not a game controlled by the boys.  There were plenty of opportunities that left the boys defense scrambling.  The score was 5-0 and not a good day at all for the keeper and probably the worst possible guest coach for the girls.  Genius move to switch to a 4-4-2 which they had never played before and struggled with (probably not the best day to change the formation).  Girls playing all sorts of new positions because the guest coach decides he is the next Alex ferguson and goes off the rails.  Not a good day for the girls but hey they beat you guys estimation of 7 or 10.  After the game I still don't think they can beat solar red but I think they can do better than 5.  But thats a game I would take any weekend.
I wasn't there for this one, but heard from several parents including 2 parents who called from other teams that watched the game and both said SR dominated the game with a very high amount of possession.  I spoke with coach and he said we played fantastic.  He usually doesn't throw out to much praise, so my guess is it was way up there in time of possession.  A little surprised the score wasn't higher, but heard LP packed it in the back and their coach was yelling a lot of clear it out..clear it out.  Also sounds like we got a good physical game, so hope LP got what they were looking for.  Good luck the rest of the way.

I'm a little surprised at this response, SDad. You're usually must more magnanimous in a case like this, having beaten a worthy opponent 5-0, or least you used to be. I personally don't really want to consider how the score got to be what it was, either way, only that (I will say this once again) these girls continue to step out on the pitch every weekend, do their best and take their lumps. Name one boys team you know that came to that league to do the same.

Sorry. It's in the chromosomes; I have to stand up for the X's out there. I didn't see where anyone criticized your win. If I'm you, I'm logging on here just for the express purpose of saying, "Good job girls; you've got bigger (soccer) balls than some of us."

Just sayin' Smile
Just stating what I heard and not trying to take anything away from the girls.  Just heard something that sounds a little different from Go99's perspective.  
Actually you are taking something away from the girls.  To translate "you packed the box, smashed into things, booted it and were lucky to escape with a 5-0 butt kicking" and then after the "you sucked" breakdown it's "Oh but good game"
Kinda like prefacing a statement with "I mean no disrespect, BUT..."
or losing a game and saying we created way more opportunites.
LOL Touche!

However, in that particular case, more than couple of parents from the opposing team agreed Smile
Ha!!  I doubt it if you're talking about our game against one another unless someone is saying 2 different things.  The ones that read this and the ones who heard about the post later had a good discussion regarding your comment.  Don't go taking this the wrong way.  Everyone on our side came away saying It was a good hard well played game between both teams.  However, every parent I know had this question in regards to your "way more opportunities" comment.  Was sha at the game?  We (SR) had at least 8 total chances, converting on 1/2, so by you stating that SF had "way more scoring opportunities" you are basically saying you had roughly 10 to 12 scoring chances?scratch   Are you sure about?  It wasn't like we only had the 4 chances we made.  You guys definitely had some chances, just as we did, but let's not go exagerating things as if your team was firing on goal to the tune of a 2-1 clip or had more chances than they did.  
Smile Defensive much?

Of course I was at the game and, as these things go, feel entitled to my opinion, even if I've seen so few overall that I probably don't know what I'm talking about and shouldn't even comment. Hey, feel free to talk about that amongst yourselves too.

Do I want to put a number on attempts and conversions? No, I don't. It's not necessary. Those who know where they are don't feel the need to look it up on a map, if you get my meaning.

Let go and let love, bro. afro 
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 10/7/2013, 4:59 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:My daddy used to say give a person enough rope and they will hang themselves jocolor 
Something tells me you didn't listen to "daddy" very much Smile
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 10/7/2013, 4:59 pm

Score on the website says girls scored a goal. All the posts say it was 5 to 0.

Did the little ladies score?
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 10/7/2013, 6:33 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:Score on the website says girls scored a goal.  All the posts say it was 5 to 0.

Did the little ladies score?
The girls did not score.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/7/2013, 8:24 pm

Solar Red is the team to beat right now, but believe me a few years from now, they will be just another team. SR has big and athletic kids. They can outrun you, and very aggressive. To beat Solar Red you have to have great defenders and midfielders, and most important, patience. Great coaching, and strategy should apply when play against SR. SR tends to start the attack from the sides of the field, especially from the left. To beat SR, try 4 defenders, 5 midfielders, and 1 super fast forward. SR doesn't have any good center back. You will see in a close game, SR will bring their one super fast kid back from forward to play center back, because they know they are weak in center back. LP girls used a good strategy to play defense against the SR, but after all it is girls against boys. So, good lucks 04 teams, and remember to not over look defenders when you recruit kids. That's how you win a close game.

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 10/7/2013, 8:40 pm

I tend to give SR more credit....Yes they have good athletes but they play the best and consistent pass and move soccer in the 04 age group. Their kids play with a lot of soccer intelligence

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/7/2013, 9:07 pm

looprevil wrote:
go99 wrote:
looprevil wrote: 

Really?  Get out and watch more soccer.  Just saw dortmund lose a game 2-0 this weekend.  They had 57% possesion, 27 shots taken compared to only 6 for the other team.  9 corner kick compared to only 1 for the other team.  They dominated everywhere except the score.

[/quote]First, I don't care how many SR hung on the girls- I don't have a dog in the fight.

Second, 2-0 is not 5-0.

Since I apparently do not get out to enough soccer games in your estimation…please share with me an example of another match (other than U7 or younger) where the score was 5-0 (or worse) and the team that lost was very competitive (i.e. as good as or better than others: able to compete successfully with others- as is the definition).

I am sure I can think of a several 2-0 (possibly even a 3-0 game) I would consider competitive, but 5-0...not so much.  But like I said maybe this was a very rare and highly unusual game..
[/quote]
yes but the 2-0 wasn't competitive Dortmund actually dominated the game much as it is being suggested SR did and dortmund still lost. The point being the score may be the only thing that matters in the end but it doesn't always tell the whole story. If you actually cared (and you don't) I think someone gave a very fair evaluation of the goals. Sorry the girls just didn't get dominated and it wasn't a wasted weekend for SR. But don't worry there are still a few really tough games ahead for teams to hang 10 on the girls
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 10/7/2013, 9:11 pm

ayza wrote:Solar Red is the team to beat right now, but believe me a few years from now, they will be just another team. SR has big and athletic kids. They can outrun you, and very aggressive. To beat Solar Red you have to have great defenders and midfielders, and most important, patience. Great coaching, and strategy should apply when play against SR. SR tends to start the attack from the sides of the field, especially from the left. To beat SR, try 4 defenders, 5 midfielders, and 1 super fast forward. SR doesn't have any good center back. You will see in a close game, SR will bring their one super fast kid back from forward to play center back, because they know they are weak in center back. LP girls used a good strategy to play defense against the SR, but after all it is girls against boys. So, good lucks 04 teams, and remember to not over look defenders when you recruit kids. That's how you win a close game.  
. You are either kidding or never have seen SR. SR doesn't move the forward to back and they have a plenty fast center defender.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/7/2013, 9:30 pm

I thought the CB was not only fast but very smart and controlled. He read the play very well and was able to jump on most opportunities very early and snuff them out. unless He was the forward. Don't know but he was good
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast23 10/7/2013, 9:33 pm

Boo!!

Beast23
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/7/2013, 9:37 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
ayza wrote:Solar Red is the team to beat right now, but believe me a few years from now, they will be just another team. SR has big and athletic kids. They can outrun you, and very aggressive. To beat Solar Red you have to have great defenders and midfielders, and most important, patience. Great coaching, and strategy should apply when play against SR. SR tends to start the attack from the sides of the field, especially from the left. To beat SR, try 4 defenders, 5 midfielders, and 1 super fast forward. SR doesn't have any good center back. You will see in a close game, SR will bring their one super fast kid back from forward to play center back, because they know they are weak in center back. LP girls used a good strategy to play defense against the SR, but after all it is girls against boys. So, good lucks 04 teams, and remember to not over look defenders when you recruit kids. That's how you win a close game.  
.  You are either kidding or never have seen SR.  SR doesn't move the forward to back and they have a plenty fast center defender.
I know your team very well...Smile

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast23 10/7/2013, 9:40 pm

#1 SR vs DT Rosales

Beast23
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 10/7/2013, 9:53 pm

ayza wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:
.  You are either kidding or never have seen SR.  SR doesn't move the forward to back and they have a plenty fast center defender.
Not with your above statements on personnel. I would put the SR center back up against any other in the 04 league.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 10/7/2013, 9:54 pm

go99 wrote:I thought the CB was not only fast but very smart and controlled.  He read the play very well and was able to jump on most opportunities very early and snuff them out.  unless He was the forward.  Don't know but he was good
Not the forward and he reads the game from CB very well.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/7/2013, 10:12 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
ayza wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:
Not with your above statements on personnel.  I would put the SR center back up against any other in the 04 league.  
Play up, and see if your center back can stand a chance, or Oglesby will bring your forward kid back to the back. Believe me, I can bet you on that.

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 10/7/2013, 10:23 pm

ayza wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:
ayza wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:
Not with your above statements on personnel.  I would put the SR center back up against any other in the 04 league.  
Play up, and see if your center back can stand a chance, or Oglesby will bring your forward kid back to the back. Believe me, I can bet you on that.
What?? We played up for over a year. Are you saying in order for us to play against 03's our forward will play CB? If so, I stand by my statement and you don't know what you are talking about in regards to SR. Perhaps your formation is a way to play SR. I know a coach who played it and it morphed into something different.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next