Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday

+10
cornerkick96
finish1
dreambig
batman
ManSC97B
sillymom
Ibystander
The German
Armadillo
14 posters

Go down

Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Empty Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday

Post by Armadillo 3/8/2010, 8:40 am

We have a game at 12:30 yesterday. Leave the house at 10:30 in pouring rain. The rain out line was last updated on february 27th. I am thinking there is no way Classic League will play games from past experience. Get to the fields and wait in the rain until 12:30 and then Classic League cancels the rest of the days games. Good job Classic League. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Kopfschuettel
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Empty Re: Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday

Post by The German 3/8/2010, 8:46 am

Armadillo wrote:We have a game at 12:30 yesterday. Leave the house at 10:30 in pouring rain. The rain out line was last updated on february 27th. I am thinking there is no way Classic League will play games from past experience. Get to the fields and wait in the rain until 12:30 and then Classic League cancels the rest of the days games. Good job Classic League. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Kopfschuettel
Lucky us who live in McKinney and were supposed to play at PHP; however it was a drizzle at best @ 12:30pm but as the PHP rep said:" Dallas Cup is more important than league play."
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Empty Re: Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday

Post by Ibystander 3/8/2010, 9:08 am

Armadillo wrote:We have a game at 12:30 yesterday. Leave the house at 10:30 in pouring rain. The rain out line was last updated on february 27th. I am thinking there is no way Classic League will play games from past experience. Get to the fields and wait in the rain until 12:30 and then Classic League cancels the rest of the days games. Good job Classic League. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Kopfschuettel
Wow. Leaving the house at 10:30 for a 12:30 game? I see where you got your screen name! Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_razz
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sillymom 3/8/2010, 9:14 am

Ibystander wrote:
Wow. Leaving the house at 10:30 for a 12:30 game? I see where you got your screen name! Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_razz
Don't know who you play for but this seems right considering where you live and the fact that most coaches want the players at the field 1 hr before the game at the least the good ones.
sillymom
sillymom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/8/2010, 9:22 am

Ibystander wrote:
Live in Tarrant County, left a little earlier than normal due to heavy rain. You never know what you will find on 635 crossing North Dallas! Yes our coach like the boys to be at the fields an hour before game time, which I have no problem with...
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99999999999 3/8/2010, 9:57 am

Yup, us folks out here in Tarrant County - one soccer game takes a 4-5 hour chunk out of your day.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ManSC97B 3/8/2010, 10:42 am

Don't know who you play for but this seems right considering where you live and
the fact that most coaches want the players at the field 1 hr before the game at the least the good ones.

The mark of a good coach? If only someone had said so earlier.

ManSC97B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by batman 3/8/2010, 12:00 pm

I really feel your pain, but try living 340 miles from the fields. Now we are talking days, not hours.

99999999999 wrote:Yup, us folks out here in Tarrant County - one soccer game takes a 4-5 hour chunk out of your day.

batman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreambig 3/8/2010, 2:57 pm

batman wrote:I really feel your pain, but try living 340 miles from the fields. Now we are talking days, not hours.

99999999999 wrote:Yup, us folks out here in Tarrant County - one soccer game takes a 4-5 hour chunk out of your day.
I live in Dallas County and one (league) soccer game takes a minimum of 4.5 hours out of my day. And...believe it or not, I will miss it when I am no longer doing it. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_flower
dreambig
dreambig
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/8/2010, 3:34 pm

dreambig wrote:
batman wrote:I really feel your pain, but try living 340 miles from the fields. Now we are talking days, not hours.

I live in Dallas County and one (league) soccer game takes a minimum of 4.5 hours out of my day. And...believe it or not, I will miss it when I am no longer doing it. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_flower

Dreambig 2, Board 0. Well played...and Amen!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/9/2010, 8:28 am

dreambig wrote:

340 miles? Where do you live Amarillo?
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 3/9/2010, 10:01 am

Now I see they have rescheduled makeup games for this Sunday. Great - I expect there will be some thin benches on that day. I guess by this age we should all have realized that no non-soccer related plans are allowed during the season (or within a few weeks after) - not even during Spring Break. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_elephant
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by momof2boys 3/9/2010, 11:01 am

What is the big emergency to get all classic spring league games completed before Dallas Cup? What about the rest of April?
Fit an entire season into 1 month? Are we looking for injuries or just trying to get it done and out of the way before State Cup in May?

momof2boys
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/9/2010, 11:15 am

momof2boys wrote:What is the big emergency to get all classic spring league games completed before Dallas Cup? What about the rest of April?
Fit an entire season into 1 month? Are we looking for injuries or just trying to get it done and out of the way before State Cup in May?
I guess they try to get it in before the High School kids come back (U15 and up) and then of course is the tournament season starting with additional revenue.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 3/12/2010, 8:28 am

cornerkick96 wrote:Now I see they have rescheduled makeup games for this Sunday. Great - I expect there will be some thin benches on that day. I guess by this age we should all have realized that no non-soccer related plans are allowed during the season (or within a few weeks after) - not even during Spring Break. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_elephant
Yep we will show up with a whopping 9 players. They blew it as far as I am concerned.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 3/12/2010, 8:40 am

centermiddad wrote:
cornerkick96 wrote:Now I see they have rescheduled makeup games for this Sunday. Great - I expect there will be some thin benches on that day. I guess by this age we should all have realized that no non-soccer related plans are allowed during the season (or within a few weeks after) - not even during Spring Break. Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_elephant
Yep we will show up with a whopping 9 players. They blew it as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, maybe they should move this Sunday's games back to the PAL fields since there will be a lot of 9 v 9 Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_evil
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/12/2010, 9:29 am

cornerkick96 wrote:
centermiddad wrote:

Yeah, maybe they should move this Sunday's games back to the PAL fields since there will be a lot of 9 v 9 Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_evil

There are girls games mid-week next week. I really don't think you can plan on NOT playing during the weekends, but understand people taking the risk. They do go out of their way to explain that they don't care about school/church/springbreak - so, it's our fault for signing up to play. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the players missing the weekend, but the weekdays are a different situation to me - pays to be the owner obviously.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/12/2010, 9:49 am

Yea, our team will play with 8 players this Sunday, but at least CL doesn't get the $200 for schedule change request that they would deny.
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 3/12/2010, 4:58 pm

clueless wrote:
cornerkick96 wrote:
centermiddad wrote:

There are girls games mid-week next week. I really don't think you can plan on NOT playing during the weekends, but understand people taking the risk. They do go out of their way to explain that they don't care about school/church/springbreak - so, it's our fault for signing up to play. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the players missing the weekend, but the weekdays are a different situation to me - pays to be the owner obviously.

I don't have any sympathy for the missing players either, its the ones left behind to play short I feel for. Losing to a lesser team, playing to your too tires and do something silly and get yourself hurt, that sort of thing. I wonder if I could get away telling the people I work with I don't care about their schedules....
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/12/2010, 7:52 pm

It's youth soccer, not your bread and butter career...
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 3/13/2010, 8:45 am

Armadillo wrote:It's youth soccer, not your bread and butter career...

With the injuries your team has, and has had (and mine too), one more injury will make the rest of the season a whole lot less fun. Kinda like the Fall.... Injuries will always occur, but we as adults, parents, league officials, coaches, should do what we can and what is reasonable to prevent the silly stuff and lower the odds. Never the less, my son will be next to yours on Sunday, but I can assure you, I will be watching extra closely to his and others body language.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 3/13/2010, 1:20 pm

Everyone thought our team signed to many (18) in the fall. We told some of the new additions that they would not get much playing time at first so there would not be any angry parents. Since signing day, we had 1 drop (starter that just did not want to play anymore) and 1 move out of state (backup). Last week we had 4 injured (2 starters-1 for the season) sitting on the bench which gave us 1 sub. Guess what-those that did not get alot of playing time in the fall are now getting some.
I'm sure your team could have signed more but choose not to. There is a reason the rosters increase at this age group-lots of injuries.
We also informed all the parents in January not to book anything the week of Spring Break as the league informed us that there would be a possibilty of make up games especially with what we went thru in the fall.
I would venture to say that your team did not plan the season well Classic League's handling of weather on Sunday Icon_smile.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 3/14/2010, 1:00 pm

18 is not too many, depending on why you sign them to begin with. Could we have signed more? Yes. Should we have? Nope. If the player doesn't fit, they don't get signed just to make the roster bigger. Should roster sizes get bigger as you get older? Yes, as long as it isn't for the money ect. For the record, we played short today, and won, no injuries. Maybe you misunderstand what I mean when I say "less fun". Having a kid injured, and missing out on playing, for a reason that could have/should have been handled differently makes it less fun. I don't give a rats as_ if its the last sub on the bench who's hurt. He's on OUR team, and that makes it less fun for all. BTW- sounds like you guys are doing everything perfect over there, you should be dominating D1 in no time.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 3/14/2010, 2:44 pm

centermiddad wrote:
Armadillo wrote:It's youth soccer, not your bread and butter career...

With the injuries your team has, and has had (and mine too), one more injury will make the rest of the season a whole lot less fun. Kinda like the Fall.... Injuries will always occur, but we as adults, parents, league officials, coaches, should do what we can and what is reasonable to prevent the silly stuff and lower the odds. Never the less, my son will be next to yours on Sunday, but I can assure you, I will be watching extra closely to his and others body language.
No injuries playing with 9 this morning, but there was a whole lot of tired boys when the whistle blew. Even came away with a win...
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down