Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Barcelona SC 00 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Barcelona SC 00

+7
AllDay12
Rightback
soccerpapa
go99
plantit
indyfc
Ibystander
11 posters

Go down

Barcelona SC 00 Empty Barcelona SC 00

Post by Ibystander 3/9/2010, 4:50 pm

Interested in competing for a spot in Classic League without paying the hefty dues? Go independent. Total dues are roughly $580 for the whole year, and that's including the uniforms. Coach Juan is looking for a few more players to add to his existing 00 team. Current team is Cruz Azul, but it will change and be under the tutelage of the current Barcelona team. Location is Carrollton. Please call for more information: 214-566-4384. (look how well big bro Barca is doing right now!)

Last edited by Ibystander on 3/9/2010, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stickler)
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Barcelona SC 00 Empty Re: Barcelona SC 00

Post by indyfc 3/9/2010, 6:15 pm

Ibystander wrote:Interested in competing in Classic League without paying the hefty dues? Go independent. Total dues are roughly $580 for the whole year, and that's including the uniforms. Coach Juan is looking for a few more players to add to his existing 00 team. Current team is Cruz Azul, but it will change and be under the tutelage of the current Barcelona team. Location is Carrollton. Please call for more information: 214-566-4384. (look how well big bro Barca is doing right now!)
Ibystander, you are walking a very fine line with this post. This can be considered as recruiting by NTSSA. You are attempting to bring players to this team by implying that they will be playing in Classic next year if they join this club. You should change it to:

"Interested in competing for a spot in Classic League without paying the hefty due?"

Your original statement falls under making a misleading (could also be false) statement which could reasonably be expected to influence the decision of a player regarding his choice of teams since you cannot gaurantee a spot in Classic to anyone.

BTW, what level of license does coach Juan hold?
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/9/2010, 6:37 pm

indyfc wrote:
Ibystander wrote:Interested in competing in Classic League without paying the hefty dues? Go independent. Total dues are roughly $580 for the whole year, and that's including the uniforms. Coach Juan is looking for a few more players to add to his existing 00 team. Current team is Cruz Azul, but it will change and be under the tutelage of the current Barcelona team. Location is Carrollton. Please call for more information: 214-566-4384. (look how well big bro Barca is doing right now!)
Ibystander, you are walking a very fine line with this post. This can be considered as recruiting by NTSSA. You are attempting to bring players to this team by implying that they will be playing in Classic next year if they join this club. You should change it to:

"Interested in competing for a spot in Classic League without paying the hefty due?"

Your original statement falls under making a misleading (could also be false) statement which could reasonably be expected to influence the decision of a player regarding his choice of teams since you cannot gaurantee a spot in Classic to anyone.

That was the point of the post, to recruit for coach Juan. Not sure what license he has, but that's also why he told me to put his number down, so those who might be interested would call and get the info themselves. I certainly wouldn't join any team without first talking to the coach, etc. You're right, though, I'll change that one little word I used...had no intention of misleading anyone, but I have no doubt that this team will be a serious contender for D1.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 3/9/2010, 6:48 pm

Ibystander wrote:
indyfc wrote:

That was the point of the post, to recruit for coach Juan. Not sure what license he has, but that's also why he told me to put his number down, so those who might be interested would call and get the info themselves. I certainly wouldn't join any team without first talking to the coach, etc. You're right, though, I'll change that one little word I used...had no intention of misleading anyone, but I have no doubt that this team will be a serious contender for D1.
Ibystander, you don't get it, I'm not trying to be a stickler, I was trying to help you protect the coach you are posting about. It is against NTSSA rules to recruit, and you just made it worst. Anyone can take your post to NTSAA have this coach and club reprimeded.

I guess you've been on the 99's board too long and can't recognize when someone is trying to be nice by helping. Do whatever you want.... Hope no one has it in for this club and decides to take this to NTSSA.

Oh buy wait, their's a bunch of 97 parents who hate the 97 Barcelona mom, maybe they just found a way of getting back at her and her club!
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/9/2010, 7:00 pm

indyfc wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
indyfc wrote:

Ibystander, you don't get it, I'm not trying to be a stickler, I was trying to help you protect the coach you are posting about. It is against NTSSA rules to recruit, and you just made it worst. Anyone can take your post to NTSAA have this coach and club reprimeded.

I guess you've been on the 99's board too long and can't recognize when someone is trying to be nice by helping. Do whatever you want.... Hope no one has it in for this club and decides to take this to NTSSA.

Oh buy wait, their's a bunch of 97 parents who hate the 97 Barcelona mom, maybe they just found a way of getting back at her and her club!

Are you referring to the 97 team that started in d-1 and is now d-3 facing possible relegation to PP. as the big bro. . Or the 99 team that will most likely suffer a similar fate. I'm Sure Juans a nice guy and the fees will help some realize their dreams , But the only guarantees in life are death, and taxes.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/9/2010, 7:26 pm

I would think that maybe a coach or club cannot recruit, but seeing that she is a parent she can recruit all she wants. That's usually how it is done. A parent from the team usually talks to you and invites you out. We have agreed to no such rules from any association and certianly did not pay to have my behavior curtailed. BTW if your BB is a solid player you should come play for my bb's team. They could use a few solid players and my spidey senses tell me there will be open spots
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpapa 3/9/2010, 8:05 pm

I do not see a Cruz Azul or Barcelona playing PAL, SDL or SDL II. What good teams have they beaten? Creating new teams a few months before try-outs sounds fishy to me; "fishy" as in fishing for players.
soccerpapa
soccerpapa
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 3/9/2010, 8:42 pm

Dang. Sure are splitting hairs here. No recruiting? That is a joke. Surely you jest. How is a guy to put together a team like this without posting something. Bottom line is give the guy a break.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/9/2010, 8:53 pm

soccerpapa wrote:I do not see a Cruz Azul or Barcelona playing PAL, SDL or SDL II. What good teams have they beaten? Creating new teams a few months before try-outs sounds fishy to me; "fishy" as in fishing for players.
They are currently a rec team, hoping to get enough players to go the route of the current Barcelona 99. Some of the kids on this team are current academy players, and they want to move on next year, but $2,500 is too much for them. They really can't stay in rec, because they're just kicking butt all the time, and that does not a game make. So, if there are any more kids out there in this same situation, then by all means find a way to get around that! Ok, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that the recruiting thing was off limits to U11 and up, once you make those babies sign a contract? scratch
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/9/2010, 9:09 pm

Ibystander wrote:
soccerpapa wrote:I do not see a Cruz Azul or Barcelona playing PAL, SDL or SDL II. What good teams have they beaten? Creating new teams a few months before try-outs sounds fishy to me; "fishy" as in fishing for players.
They are currently a rec team, hoping to get enough players to go the route of the current Barcelona 99. Some of the kids on this team are current academy players, and they want to move on next year, but $2,500 is too much for them. They really can't stay in rec, because they're just kicking butt all the time, and that does not a game make. So, if there are any more kids out there in this same situation, then by all means find a way to get around that! Ok, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that the recruiting thing was off limits to U11 and up, once you make those babies sign a contract? scratch

Think the word recruting is frowned upon in all age brackets. Doesn't means it doesn't happen . It's kinda a ( don't ask don't tell) and avoid promises. One teams success doesn't guarantee another. Good luck to them though.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/9/2010, 9:11 pm

recruit away and I will say if babybystander is on the team they will be a tough team. The kids a player, maybe stronger than big brother.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/9/2010, 9:28 pm

go99 wrote:recruit away and I will say if babybystander is on the team they will be a tough team. The kids a player, maybe stronger than big brother.

The only problem I have with them is their uniforms. They look like their going deer hunting and don't want to get shot. Mabey thats why the uni's are included . They had a warehouse full and nobody wanted them
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AllDay12 3/9/2010, 9:44 pm

Not saying it can not be done, but going from rec to D1 in a few months seems like a big jump. Has this team played in any tournaments and/or played any of the big dogs in 00 (Texans/Dynamo, Texans South, ASG Gold North, TFC-Wells, etc)? If so, how did they do?

Last edited by AllDay12 on 3/9/2010, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : b/c)

AllDay12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 3/9/2010, 10:04 pm

AllDay12 wrote:Not saying it can not be done, but going from rec to D1 in a few months seems like a big jump. Has this team played in any tournaments and/or played any of the big dogs in 00 (Texans/Dynamo, Texans South, ASG Gold North, TFC-Wells, etc)? If so, how did they do?
You're right, it's not going to be a cake walk, but we all know that.  This team has already beaten the Bulls, who were in the finals of the Tournament of the Champions.  The current Comets 00 recently played the Dynamos and came out with a loss, 3-0.  The Comets 00 is basically comprised of the Bulls (but IMO the Comets are weaker than the Bulls because of player dilution).  I have watched enough teams play to know that they will be a serious contender, if the coach can manage to add more players.  And my bb will not be with them, but I just hate to see kids stop playing because of financial reasons. 
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 3/9/2010, 10:09 pm

This is an entertaining thread. Coming on this board and scolding a parent for "recruiting"? That's a joke, right? I mean these are U10's we're talking about, correct? That would mean there are exactly zero under contract with another club, so what's the problem? Recruit away Ibystander, it's going to be a scramble for players and no matter what you may hear it is wide open right now. My only advice is that you exaggerate more so you can compete with posts that are coming (many from coaches) in May/June
Barcelona SC 00 Icon_pirat
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/9/2010, 11:16 pm

exactly, In fact I will start the rumor that not only will babybystander be there but several other high profile players will also be joining the team. To compete with the Texans let's say that the top players from the club will be taking a trip to Barcelona in spain (the odds of going would not be much worse than the texans manu trip)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 3/9/2010, 11:27 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:This is an entertaining thread. Coming on this board and scolding a parent for "recruiting"? That's a joke, right? I mean these are U10's we're talking about, correct? That would mean there are exactly zero under contract with another club, so what's the problem? Recruit away Ibystander, it's going to be a scramble for players and no matter what you may hear it is wide open right now. My only advice is that you exaggerate more so you can compete with posts that are coming (many from coaches) in May/June
Barcelona SC 00 Icon_pirat
Corner, go back and read my original post. All I was trying to do was help the Barca team avoid any problems. You can "recruit" anyone to come to your team as long as you don't do it by misleading them. The original statement made by Ibystander implied that they would be playing in Classic next year and that is a violation of NTX Soccer rules.

The coach is ultimately responsible for anything that anyone does in behalf of the team. Anyone can take the original post to NTX Soccer and possibly have sanctions levied against the coach. Go to the NTX website and take a look at the bylaws and you'll see what I'm talking about.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/10/2010, 7:16 am

At this point don't a majority of teams imply that they will be playing in classic league. Everyone has to qualify. The beloved Dynamo team has implied that they will become the texans, that the coach will be "the special one", that they will be one of the top teams in classic league. Seem like a lot of implicating going on there. So while someone goes to NTX with a post in hand screaming for violations they can take all the other post too. Smurfie does not work for barcelona or the coach and he has no control over anything that she says or does. She is a free individual and is free in this country to post what she like. NTX may control our kids soccer but they do not control our lives. Under your understanding of the bylaws I could just recruit players to a team or coach that I don't like and then take the post myself to NTX and have the team sanctioned. Barcelona SC 00 Suspect
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 3/10/2010, 7:55 am

Putting together a competitive team and competing at a high level has been done before. I wish it was more common.

The reason it is not more common is simple. When you have a killer team the Texans et al RECRUIT your players and tell them that they are too special for a 'rec' team and offer them free spots. The team collapses after a couple of defections. If you have good parents this does not have to happen.

I have been waiting for the magic pill that most coaches are supposed to have that makes them worth the money. For the most part i have yet to see one. A talented dad or freelance coach and a good group of kids who commit to staying together would work.

As Barry Switzer said "the team with the best players tends to have the best coach" or another time he said "i noticed that the better players i had the better coach i became".

I am not saying coaching does not matter. I am saying it does not matter all that much. Which is why the 'top coaches' turn out to be the best recruiters. Oh wait, somebody said that does not happen. That might be the most ridiculous thing i have read in a while.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 3/10/2010, 9:21 am

go99 wrote:At this point don't a majority of teams imply that they will be playing in classic league. Everyone has to qualify. The beloved Dynamo team has implied that they will become the texans, that the coach will be "the special one", that they will be one of the top teams in classic league. Seem like a lot of implicating going on there. So while someone goes to NTX with a post in hand screaming for violations they can take all the other post too. Smurfie does not work for barcelona or the coach and he has no control over anything that she says or does. She is a free individual and is free in this country to post what she like. NTX may control our kids soccer but they do not control our lives. Under your understanding of the bylaws I could just recruit players to a team or coach that I don't like and then take the post myself to NTX and have the team sanctioned. Barcelona SC 00 Suspect
Just playing devil's advocate here but didn't she admit early on that the coach asked her to do it?
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/10/2010, 9:50 am

crazyET wrote:
go99 wrote:At this point don't a majority of teams imply that they will be playing in classic league. Everyone has to qualify. The beloved Dynamo team has implied that they will become the texans, that the coach will be "the special one", that they will be one of the top teams in classic league. Seem like a lot of implicating going on there. So while someone goes to NTX with a post in hand screaming for violations they can take all the other post too. Smurfie does not work for barcelona or the coach and he has no control over anything that she says or does. She is a free individual and is free in this country to post what she like. NTX may control our kids soccer but they do not control our lives. Under your understanding of the bylaws I could just recruit players to a team or coach that I don't like and then take the post myself to NTX and have the team sanctioned. Barcelona SC 00 Suspect
Just playing devil's advocate here but didn't she admit early on that the coach asked her to do it?

I'm forming a D1 team next year and need players. Anyone interested?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by outtabounds 3/10/2010, 9:52 am

Sometimes things don't go as planned. Kids move, change teams, don't develep as expected, coaches leave. Lots can happen. The best prediction of the future is the past. You smugly start thinking you are in a top club with top players with a top coach and before you know it you've gone from 1st in CL to 7th.

outtabounds
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllDay12 3/10/2010, 10:00 am

Rightback wrote:Putting together a competitive team and competing at a high level has been done before. I wish it was more common.

The reason it is not more common is simple. When you have a killer team the Texans et al RECRUIT your players and tell them that they are too special for a 'rec' team and offer them free spots. The team collapses after a couple of defections. If you have good parents this does not have to happen.

I have been waiting for the magic pill that most coaches are supposed to have that makes them worth the money. For the most part i have yet to see one. A talented dad or freelance coach and a good group of kids who commit to staying together would work.

As Barry Switzer said "the team with the best players tends to have the best coach" or another time he said "i noticed that the better players i had the better coach i became".

I am not saying coaching does not matter. I am saying it does not matter all that much. Which is why the 'top coaches' turn out to be the best recruiters. Oh wait, somebody said that does not happen. That might be the most ridiculous thing i have read in a while.
I agree; wish there were more good independent teams. Would make the clubs less powerful. I believe there is an independent 99 team that is going to make D1 and there is an independent 00 team that has a very good chance of making D1. I think the reason it is not done more often is lack of information from parents - thinking that you have to be on a club to play classic, not familiar with the landscape of soccer in dallas, etc.

AllDay12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/10/2010, 11:51 am

AllDay you are right. There is one very good '00 team, top 1 or 2. If the coaching, level of play/competitiveness are equal or in this case significantly better why would someone pay 4-5 times more at age 10-11. I think I understand it as you get older maybe 15-16 but not now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down