Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

The barcelona way Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

The barcelona way

+4
omega striker
cowpukesfan
Speedy Gonzales
finish1
8 posters

Go down

The barcelona way Empty The barcelona way

Post by Guest 12/11/2013, 11:34 am

Look at the teammates reaction after a kid (U12) misses a PK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Rc7FTUJWo

Barcelona, more than a club ?

Back to top Go down

The barcelona way Empty Re: The barcelona way

Post by finish1 12/11/2013, 11:57 am

Tiny little kid, great skill, explosive speed. Not good enough for US soccer. Keep him at La Masia. LOL
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/11/2013, 12:02 pm

Please.  It has nothing to do with Barcelona, the club.  If you think any club, including Barcelona, teaches compassion, you are delusional. It has everything to do with the kids.  I have seen this very same reaction from kids right here in lowly North Texas.  I have also seen ridiculously overblown overreactions from other kids and adults to a missed opportunity.  Yes, it's a great club but overreach much?
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/2013, 12:03 pm

finish1 wrote:Tiny little kid, great skill, explosive speed. Not good enough for US soccer. Keep him at La Masia. LOL
I know, it is shocking how non physical they are compared to US youth soccer...Hey that may be why some end up with some creativity !

But still what about their good spirit ?

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 12/11/2013, 1:16 pm

Excellent video.
Thanks for sharing.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/2013, 1:23 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:Please.  It has nothing to do with Barcelona, the club.  If you think any club, including Barcelona, teaches compassion, you are delusional.  It has everything to do with the kids.

Kids are kids. There are not many kids that are genetically mean, evil or nasty; kids are influenced by their environment and mimic what they see/live/go through first at home and then everywhere else.
When they play soccer the most influential person has to be the coach which should follow the club philosophy. I think if those kids react that way is because they have been shown how to behave and they are getting good reinforcement.

FOR EXAMPLE, I highly doubt the Barcelona coach would call players 2 years older to win a game during a tournament (if you see what I mean). For example, in the video we see the coach coming to the kid to pat him gently and talk to him to encourage him. He actually does it. He doesn't think about doing it, he doesn't wait, he actually does it there, right away (which brings another point : the rules of the games and what to enforce. Are the ref super picky about who can step on the field or do they enforce the Spirit of the game and leave the rest to the pro).

I think there are plenty of interesting things in that video that reflects very badly on us and the priorities of our NTX youth soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/11/2013, 1:35 pm

gababa wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:Please.  It has nothing to do with Barcelona, the club.  If you think any club, including Barcelona, teaches compassion, you are delusional.  It has everything to do with the kids.

Kids are kids. There are not many kids that are genetically mean, evil or nasty; kids are influenced by their environment and mimic what they see/live/go through first at home and then everywhere else.
When they play soccer the most influential person has to be the coach which should follow the club philosophy. I think if those kids react that way is because they have been shown how to behave and they are getting good reinforcement.

FOR EXAMPLE, I highly doubt the Barcelona coach would call players 2 years older to win a game during a tournament (if you see what I mean). For example, in the video we see the coach coming to the kid to pat him gently and talk to him to encourage him. He actually does it. He doesn't think about doing it, he doesn't wait, he actually does it there, right away (which brings another point : the rules of the games and what to enforce. Are the ref super picky about who can step on the field or do they enforce the Spirit of the game and leave the rest to the pro).

I think there are plenty of interesting things in that video that reflects very badly on us and the priorities of our NTX youth soccer.
well said sir Cool 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 12/11/2013, 3:56 pm

gababa wrote: I think there are plenty of interesting things in that video that reflects very badly on us and the priorities of our NTX youth soccer.

I laughed when the kid on the white team swung and stone-cold missed at the back-pass so the disappointed Barca kid could finally run in and get his goal.  But then I'm a bad person.  I even know some big fast uncultured American kids who might have done better than that.  I didn't catch the part on the video where the Barca kids or coach came and gave him a hug and told him that it was ok, but I'm sure it happened.  

Either way, I don't think empathy amongst kids is purely a Barca thing.  I see plenty of good sportsmanship, checking on teammates/opponents, etc amongst the kids that I know in youth soccer.  Nice kids are nice kids.  On that I would think that the parents are a bigger influence than the coach.

But yeah, no doubt, big big focus on winning here which causes large % of a-hole behavior by kids, parents, coaches.   Here if you are up 17-0 and you miss a PK your coach might get on your ass because he needs that 18th goal.   Note, that is just an exaggeration to make a point.  I seriously doubt anybody would actually be trying to score a goal if they were up 17.  
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fastforward 12/12/2013, 1:06 am

Razz well said #13-- A real player loves his team & has respect for any player who demonstrates true passion/love/skills another may not have. rarely belittles the mistakes of others, yet blames himself-- good call, no brownie points. good kids---
fastforward
fastforward
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 12/12/2013, 8:40 am

"I laughed when the kid on the white team swung and stone-cold missed at the back-pass so the disappointed Barca kid could finally run in and get his goal.  But then I'm a bad person.  I even know some big fast uncultured American kids who might have done better than that.  I didn't catch the part on the video where the Barca kids or coach came and gave him a hug and told him that it was ok, but I'm sure it happened.  

Either way, I don't think empathy amongst kids is purely a Barca thing.  I see plenty of good sportsmanship, checking on teammates/opponents, etc amongst the kids that I know in youth soccer.  Nice kids are nice kids.  On that I would think that the parents are a bigger influence than the coach.

But yeah, no doubt, big big focus on winning here which causes large % of a-hole behavior by kids, parents, coaches.   Here if you are up 17-0 and you miss a PK your coach might get on your ass because he needs that 18th goal.   Note, that is just an exaggeration to make a point.  I seriously doubt anybody would actually be trying to score a goal if they were up 17." 

@Number13, LMBO!!!!!

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 12/12/2013, 3:38 pm

gababa wrote:

The first part we can agree on.  There are not many genetically mean, evil or nasty kids.  I also agree that environment plays a huge role. But where I think we diverge is the idea that the coach has to be the most influential person in their lives "when they play soccer".  They learn it at home, it is reinforced at home, it is praised at home, and, if they are lucky, it MAY be encouraged in sport as well.  If it were the Barca way, all of his teammates would have consoled him.  Instead, I counted maybe 4 teammates that even acknowledged his pain and patted him on the back.  Those kids that encouraged him learned compassion at home and demonstrated maturity on the field.

As to your EXAMPLE, we also have to disagree a little bit as well.  While you may be right about the Barcelona coach not calling older players in to win, I don't personally know him but neither do you so it's tough to say what his world view and ethics are like.  However, I personally know a lot of North Texas coaches that have never engaged in, nor contemplated, the shenanigans that have gone on here in North Texas.  It's not about the club's endorsement of bad behavior; it's about a few coaches who lack the scruples to play the game straight up.

I applaud the coach and those teammates who encouraged this clearly devastated young man in the video.  Kudos for them.  But you can't overgeneralize and say this video demonstrates everything that is wrong with all of North Texas.  And, by the way, if you watched the video with the discerning eye you claim, you would also see they were pretty happy when they scored as well because kids are kids.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ocfc 12/12/2013, 4:40 pm

Number13 wrote:
gababa wrote: I think there are plenty of interesting things in that video that reflects very badly on us and the priorities of our NTX youth soccer.

I laughed when the kid on the white team swung and stone-cold missed at the back-pass so the disappointed Barca kid could finally run in and get his goal.  But then I'm a bad person.  I even know some big fast uncultured American kids who might have done better than that.  I didn't catch the part on the video where the Barca kids or coach came and gave him a hug and told him that it was ok, but I'm sure it happened.  

But yeah, no doubt, big big focus on winning here which causes large % of a-hole behavior by kids, parents, coaches.   Here if you are up 17-0 and you miss a PK your coach might get on your ass because he needs that 18th goal.   Note, that is just an exaggeration to make a point.  I seriously doubt anybody would actually be trying to score a goal if they were up 17.  

I know of a team that scored 18 goals in one game...it just so happened to be the coach's birthday that night and EVERY boy on that team WANTED to score for him. 11 different boys scored that game...and the other team never stopped trying and fought hard the entire game. Which I thought was more impressive then the 18 goals.

ocfc
ocfc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The barcelona way Empty FC Barcelona Elite Holiday Camps, San Antonio, Dec. 26-30

Post by FC Barcelona USA 12/12/2013, 4:59 pm

Register Now at BarcelonaCamps.com

FC Barcelona USA
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/13/2013, 8:11 am

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
gababa wrote:

The first part we can agree on.  There are not many genetically mean, evil or nasty kids.  I also agree that environment plays a huge role. But where I think we diverge is the idea that the coach has to be the most influential person in their lives "when they play soccer".  They learn it at home, it is reinforced at home, it is praised at home, and, if they are lucky, it MAY be encouraged in sport as well.  If it were the Barca way, all of his teammates would have consoled him.  Instead, I counted maybe 4 teammates that even acknowledged his pain and patted him on the back.  Those kids that encouraged him learned compassion at home and demonstrated maturity on the field.
Oh I am with you there, coach can bark or advise all he wants, it is mommy and daddy who drive the kid home. It is also mommy and daddy who choose the coach! If we were better/knowledgeable/patient as parents as a whole there would be less terrible coaches in NTX.
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
As to your EXAMPLE, we also have to disagree a little bit as well.  While you may be right about the Barcelona coach not calling older players in to win, I don't personally know him but neither do you so it's tough to say what his world view and ethics are like.  However, I personally know a lot of North Texas coaches that have never engaged in, nor contemplated, the shenanigans that have gone on here in North Texas.  It's not about the club's endorsement of bad behavior; it's about a few coaches who lack the scruples to play the game straight up.
Seems to me that we are talking about a significant minority and not just one out of hand exception. It also seems to be a behavior that has been with us forever and that seems to stay.
And you are right, I haven't been there, know nothing about the coach and am just watching that video, so no Masia insider knowledge coming from me(I wish). Oh and I am not that gullible by the way and I still take that video for what it is : a good PR from Barca.
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
I applaud the coach and those teammates who encouraged this clearly devastated young man in the video.  Kudos for them.  But you can't overgeneralize and say this video demonstrates everything that is wrong with all of North Texas.
In no particular order I was also thinking of : kids playing small sided games (aren't they playing 7v7? They are u12 by the way), parents behavior (they seem quite mellow), quality of the complex, ref and coach attitude, lack of physical play, focus on soccer... That's already quite a lot of factors, fundamental enough to actually change what talent a country can generate, don't you think ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down