Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News?

+3
PremierLeagueFan
Marvelousmar
Whistle!
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News? Empty BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News?

Post by Whistle! 6/24/2014, 11:35 am

Has anyone heard any reports from the BODP 02/03 Arkansas Developmental Camp? I thought we might get some sort of report from NTSSA, but they must assume every 11/12yo already has a cell phone to update their parents (we are still holding out on the cell phone front).
Whistle!
Whistle!
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News? Empty Re: BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News?

Post by Marvelousmar 6/24/2014, 11:51 am

I hear you on the cell phone, so I let my boy use someone elses. I heard from him yesterday that they have worked hard, and their legs are a little dead. They have to complete a writeup about their day every evening. (Hating it) Heard they played a friendly yesterday against Louisiana. They beat them 4-1. Some kid from Texas Sporting Futbol Club (cheap plug and proud dad) scored 3 Goals in that match. Mm. I have toyed with the idea of putting that joker up top for a while. The joker had to buy into the idea. Anyway they seem to be having fun and working hard. If I have found a striker as a by-product of this camp I will have called it a huge success solves a need on our club side and the kid had fun.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News? Empty Re: BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News?

Post by Whistle! 6/24/2014, 12:07 pm

Marvelous ... Thanks! Now I know to ask for the daily writeup on my boy's return ... I may be looking for someone that can interpret an 11yo boy's handwriting on Wednesday night.
Whistle!
Whistle!
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/24/2014, 1:54 pm

I didn't realize the camp was already underway, please keep us posted. So glad to hear we are representing our state well.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 6/24/2014, 3:44 pm

North Texas has 44 02/03B participating at this camp (largest group here). Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana has teams here as well. Some of those states are 01/02 mixed. We might be the only ones with 03s (based on hearsay and obvious size difference). Coaches split boys into 3 teams (1,2, and 3) and here's the breakdown from yesterday's games

NTX Team 1 beat Oklahoma 5-0
NTX Team 2 beat Louisiana 5-1
NTX Team 3 beat Arkansas 3-1

Our admin created a Facebook page and is posting updates and pics. I'm one of the lucky chaperones!!

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whistle! 6/24/2014, 3:47 pm

Muc03b ... I would love to access the Facebook page.  Do you have a link or the page name?
Whistle!
Whistle!
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 6/24/2014, 3:52 pm

https://m.facebook.com/ntxodp0203boys

It's pretty basic. They're keeping all of us busy. This is ran by admin and chaperones only. Just to keep the parents updated. Boys on some down time right now. Had the chance to watch the game on TV and majority wanted to rest before dinner in their rooms...

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whistle! 6/24/2014, 3:54 pm

Muc03B ... Thanks!!!! I don't think we parents were told about the page. That is wonderful.
Whistle!
Whistle!
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 6/24/2014, 3:57 pm

Something we thought about on the drive up there. We knew the kids wouldn't update as much as parents would like. Our sons church camp does this and thought it would be a good idea. We did tell the boys but there's no telling how quick they forgot about it!

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/24/2014, 4:00 pm

That is terrific news, I heard that the 02/03 groups were playing the older teams and the scores show just how competitive our offensive players are.

I saw the GK's who played in the sub-regionals (They got a workout against the 01 Teams from Mexico) and I imagine that some of them went to this camp based on the scoreline of their opponents.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 6/24/2014, 4:05 pm

Not too sure. My BB is a GK and we weren't at sub regionals (had a prior commitment) but all boys playing well.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/24/2014, 4:10 pm

That is great to hear, keep up the good work we are so proud of you.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Whistle! 6/25/2014, 10:50 am

Copied from the Facebook page ...

Tonight's [Tuesday] games

NTX Team 1 beats Louisiana 4-1
NTX Team 2 beats Louisiana 2-1
NTX Team 3 beats Arkansas 4-1

Both Louisiana and Arkansas had a mix of 01/02 boys but not enough to make 2 full teams. So the NTX teams that played the same state as last night and the back to back Louisiana games tonight played against different lineups. Either way, clean sweep by NTX boys!! Job well done!!
Whistle!
Whistle!
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News? Empty Not bad at all

Post by Marvelousmar 6/25/2014, 11:33 am

Whistle! wrote:Copied from the Facebook page ...

Tonight's [Tuesday] games

NTX Team 1 beats Louisiana 4-1
NTX Team 2 beats Louisiana 2-1
NTX Team 3 beats Arkansas 4-1

Both Louisiana and Arkansas had a mix of 01/02 boys but not enough to make 2 full teams. So the NTX teams that played the same state as last night and the back to back Louisiana games tonight played against different lineups. Either way, clean sweep by NTX boys!! Job well done!!

Hmm some observations. Since our team is only 02/03s. Either our boys in North Texas don't suck as much as everyone has been saying in North Texas or, Louisiana and Arkanasa suck more. There might still be hope for North Texas in this game.
But seriously, Good job boys, hoping and Praying for a safe bus ride back. They leave around 12:00 ish seemed to have had fun and learned something from the experience.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whistle! 6/25/2014, 11:50 am

Personally, I do not put much value on these game results.  Maybe it provides some comparison of the developmental progress of the respective teams, but who knows?  There are so many unknown variables ... the mix of boys attending, were they playing a "beautiful" game or "kick ball", were they "quality" goals or merely long balls above a keeper's head, etc. Nonetheless, I know it is more fun to win than to lose.

I am looking forward to hearing whether my son thought the training was valuable, whether he felt like it improved his game, the style of play the coaches emphasized, what positions he played, and whether he had fun and made any friends.  The reality is that I will be lucky to get more than "it was good" (high praise), "it was fine" (it didn't suck too bad), or "it wasn't good" (it sucked) out of my 11yo.  But, parents can dream, can't we?
Whistle!
Whistle!
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

BODP 02/03 Arkansas Dev Camp -- News? Empty Agree

Post by Marvelousmar 6/25/2014, 12:38 pm

Whistle! wrote:Personally, I do not put much value on these game results.  Maybe it provides some comparison of the developmental progress of the respective teams, but who knows?  There are so many unknown variables ... the mix of boys attending, were they playing a "beautiful" game or "kick ball", were they "quality" goals or merely long balls above a keeper's head, etc. Nonetheless, I know it is more fun to win than to lose.

I am looking forward to hearing whether my son thought the training was valuable, whether he felt like it improved his game, the style of play the coaches emphasized, what positions he played, and whether he had fun and made any friends.  The reality is that I will be lucky to get more than "it was good" (high praise), "it was fine" (it didn't suck too bad), or "it wasn't good" (it sucked) out of my 11yo.  But, parents can dream, can't we?

My thoughts exactly. I had a good conversation with mine after night one about the quality of the training, and his trhoughs in comparing to other camps. he was in the "ehnn" Was it tough? "its' okay" His one complaint so far is the write up. I'll really drill him when he gets home about pattern of play, what did he learn, and did he have fun. The big question I always like to ask is would he do it again. I'll probably not get a whole lot of verbal responses but his non-verbal will tell me a whole lot.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 6/25/2014, 1:30 pm

I think traveling out of your state on a bus without your parents to play against other teams you have never met while adjusting to new coaches and staying at a college dorm is nothing short of spectacular for an 11 year old BB.

How about considering that our NTX BB's are behaving like excellent young men and are representing us well just by going through the process regardless of how successful they have been against the older players.

ODP is a great program for our BB's and can stand alone on its merits. I watched the sub regionals against Mexico and other ODP teams from Texas and for all the chaos that was practice sessions last year there was an almost unbelievable level of team cooperation that unfolded on the pitch during those friendlies.

I saw friendships developing and boys from each of our 4 teams supporting each other and working together to represent NTX.

Many of the BB's in the Arkansas camp come from Big Clubs and play in APL, PPL, and Classic League and I believe they will return from this soccer adventure with an improved level of confidence and experience to help their teams next season.

As for figuring out how much your BB enjoyed the ODP camp please pm me if you learn how to speak, translate, or otherwise understand 11 year old responses as I am still utterly perplexed and unable to understand anything from my BB's ever changing nuances when questioned about training, games, coaching, etc.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Whistle! 6/25/2014, 9:30 pm

After my first debrief of my BB, the returns are mixed. It will take a while to get to the bottom of the pluses and minuses.

Does anyone know how the boys were placed on the three teams, and whether we will get any written evaluations?
Whistle!
Whistle!
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/26/2014, 8:44 am

Whistle! wrote:After my first debrief of my BB, the returns are mixed.  It will take a while to get to the bottom of the pluses and minuses.

Does anyone know how the boys were placed on the three teams, and whether we will get any written evaluations?

Has there been any part of the ODP program that made anyone think "wow, a lot of thought really went into these decisions" and/or "they are great at communicating and I'm sure I will know exactly what they think about my son"?

There are some pretty good kids at ODP, it could be pretty cool. But thus far its a complete frigging mystery to me what the hell they are doing other than cashing checks. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I'm definitely spending $1k to send BB to camp in ALA though. That'll show 'em.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 6/26/2014, 9:22 am

Number13 wrote:
Whistle! wrote:After my first debrief of my BB, the returns are mixed.  It will take a while to get to the bottom of the pluses and minuses.

Has there been any part of the ODP program that made anyone think "wow, a lot of thought really went into these decisions" and/or "they are great at communicating and I'm sure I will know exactly what they think about my son"?

There are some pretty good kids at ODP, it could be pretty cool.  But thus far its a complete frigging mystery to me what the hell they are doing other than cashing checks.  Maybe I'm mistaken.  

I'm definitely spending $1k to send BB to camp in ALA though.  That'll show 'em.  

Oh yes the communication has been wonderful.....

It's only $950 to send the girl to ALA. However, I probably have to give her $50 for the road. So I think your right.
The good thing is they gave them a work out plan or Idea to get fit building up for the event. So that's a lot better then what they gave the 02/03's.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/26/2014, 9:46 am

mine is an 02/03. i didn't read the workout plan, maybe i should have. I'm under the impression that they are supposedly playing against 01 kids in ALA. There is no amount of workout plan that is gonna make him ready to play two years up. Shrug.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigD17 6/26/2014, 9:57 am

Make sure you send an extra $40 in case they lose their key.

bigD17
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/26/2014, 10:03 am

I told mine in that case to steal his roommates
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigD17 6/26/2014, 10:35 am

My BB was told that if he didn't pay the $40 they would leave him in Arkansas. He borrowed it from a friend since we only sent him with $20.

bigD17
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/26/2014, 1:44 pm

This is why I am sending the support van with BB to Alabama. In case he needs $40 or his stuffed animals or a hug. Or a shiv.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next