Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Select Soccer for less than $750 a year! Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Select Soccer for less than $750 a year!

2 posters

Go down

Select Soccer for less than $750 a year! Empty Select Soccer for less than $750 a year!

Post by stjohnstone52 6/30/2014, 1:17 pm

After reading tons of posts about great coaching and possession football and development I’m wondering what happened to playing for fun?
Our team has good experienced coaches, our team wins most of their games and our boys enjoy playing.  Sometimes we win because we play better than the other team, sometimes we win because we have a couple of boys who are bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled than their opponents.  Usually we win or lose or tie because we do/don’t take our chances and get lucky/unlucky.

Our boys are not going to play professional unless they have a dramatic increase in their physical development, with the lack of college scholarships available for boys that’s likely going to be decided by the same factors.  Our boys goal is really two fold, play for their high school team and play for fun.  
Most of our boys play other sports, we want a commitment to the team but we encourage other interests.  We are happy working with parents if there son is not doing well in school, if we can use soccer as the carrot we’d rather lose a game than lose a kid.

Speaking of losing, we play to win.  I read so many posts about development but what are boys developing into?  Our boys like winning, so do we.  
I understand if your kid is a starting player in D1 classic that he may have a college future and the top club teams are great for that type of player.  Likewise if you want the very top level of competition for your boy and can afford the high fees associated with a top club it is clearly worth it.
If however your son is getting burnt out with the pressure of trying to perform at the top with bigger, faster stronger kids or if you’re from a family that can’t afford these type of fees why not look at a smaller club where boys learn the fundamentals, play for fun, win most of their games and pay much less than the top clubs.

Our team charges less than $750 a year for fees, uniforms, coaching and tournaments.  We play in the Plano league because we are not good enough to play classic.  We enjoy playing against classic teams in the tournaments but they are a little better than us.  
How can we afford it?  We have two coaches who have experience playing or coaching at every level but for whom coaching is secondary and we don’t pay our coaches.  Does this mean we don’t put as much time into it as top club coaches, I hope so.   It also means we don’t need to carry boys on the team who won’t play just to make up costs but we still carry a full roster due to our boys missing games, practices etc. for band, football etc.  we don’t like that but it’s who we are.

It is almost signing time and we have only one or two spots available, if you fall into any of the situations I mentioned above, let us know if you are interested.  We will have tryouts next Saturday. Otherwise, have a great season and please make sure your boys enjoy yourselves.

stjohnstone52
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Select Soccer for less than $750 a year! Empty Re: Select Soccer for less than $750 a year!

Post by skip12 6/30/2014, 4:35 pm

You didn't leave any contact info. Where you are located etc.. Thanx

skip12
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Select Soccer for less than $750 a year! Empty Re: Select Soccer for less than $750 a year!

Post by stjohnstone52 6/30/2014, 9:20 pm

We are NTX Rangers F.C. We are based in Lewisville/Flower Mound

We are having tryouts this Saturday from Noon to 2PM at the following location:

Crossroads Bible Church, 98101 Justin Rd, Double Oak, TX (Directly across from Chin Chapel Soccer Complex)

Please feel free to reach out to our coaches with any questions you might have at any time:

Gregg Danchak (940) 231-9050 Tom Crook (214) 663-6055
rangersfc00@gmail.com

stjohnstone52
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down