Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DC 2015 Accepted - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DC 2015 Accepted

+15
Enjoy life now!
omega striker
Depor
go99
twotone
plantit
letsgo
Speedy Gonzales
geauxred88
caatffm
The German
SnookumsConCarne
seriousfoulplay
CCM
kickingitlong
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DC 2015 Accepted - Page 3 Empty Re: DC 2015 Accepted

Post by Guest 2/20/2015, 8:20 am

In a way you are right, it is the parents fault if they let someone in in their house that they know nothing about such as hosting a person that is a total stranger. Next I find it funny how you excuse every little crappy thing that the system does and your snswer is that it's the parents fault. Maybe you just lie down for every cynical crap that's thrown your way, I and most others don't ..

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 8:33 am

It's not lying down. Life is about choices you make. You choose who coaches your kid. If he then brings in guest and doesn't let a kid who earned his way in play then it's YOUR fault because YOU chose him. Just like you have to choose to be in the DC or not. But the idea that the world has to cave to YOUR every whim isn't realistic and it's just makes you a whiner. Life is about choices not about getting everything your way.

And you are completely wrong about the last thing. You and most others whine and complain annonymously behind coaches backs and on forums but actually DO nothing. I say what I think and stand behind my views with ACTION not words. I would not pay a coach who did that to my kid. It would be clear to the coach. There are things I don't care for in DC but none are overwhelming or my kid would not be playing DC (again not whining, action). So not most parents (and probably you) are affraid of what their club, coach, and others think about them so what they actually do it lay down and take what the world gives them. Clearly you don't agree with the DC and you are affraid to go to moneygram because it's not safe. So if your kid is or has played in DC or is playing CL games then just like everyone else what you will DO is NOTHING
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 2/20/2015, 12:49 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
lol, the cotton bowl is  a crime ridden toilet, and if you think a 15 year old can't be a molester, you are a joke.You remind me of those people on TV, "he was such a nice boy, i can't believe he would do something like that"...

BTW , have teams stay in a hotel and stop putting the burden on strangers...

And yet, no crime incidents at the Dallas Cup either of the last 2 years.  

To speak your 12 year old language, "BTW," I never said a 15 year old can't be a molester.  I know there are plenty of examples but your paranoia about the minuscule chances of one ending up in your house won't let you experience one of the things that is great about the DC.  As Go99 advised you,  if you are that worried about it, don't let them out of your site.  Give them their own space for sleeping. Send the younger kids or even your bb that's their age to Nana and Papa's house for the week.  Or better yet, refuse to host and let your bb miss the DC experience altogether.  This has been the rule for years and if you didn't know it going in, you are the joke, not me.

Last edited by Speedy Gonzales on 2/20/2015, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 2/20/2015, 12:50 pm

geauxred88 wrote:
letsgo wrote:
geauxred88 wrote:
letsgo wrote:If you do not want to host, then that's on you. Do not complain when your BB gets pulled out of the roster for DC or when your team loses their invitation to participate in Dallas Cup. Teams knew these rules. They received an "INVITATION". Your team accepted, so you have to deal with it!

"Teams knew the rules". Maybe, but not all parents did. Until 2 weeks ago.
They EARNED their "INVITATION".
Gothika Cup, are the U.S kids given free room and board?

Quit complaining, it is part of the Dallas Cup experience. If you do not want to be part of it, then tell your coach "NO". It is that easy...Let a guest player take your spot.

Already did, big man.

Did one better.

Stiffed the coach and club out of the final $300. POW!

Son came home after first game ripped his jersey off, took it out in the street , got lighter fluid and lite it on fire then pissed on it . Self respect still in tac. Which is more than I can say for the coach. That from a four year starter 80 min player. Team didn't even advance out of pool play. POW!/ POW!

DC makes coaches / parents/ clubs do a bunch of weird $hit they wouldn't normally do and for what?
It's a friggin soccer tournament no more no less
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 1:01 pm

DC makes nobody do anything. Coach, clubs, parents make their own choices and any coach who does that is $hit and so is any club that encourages it. I wouldn't have paid them either
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 2/20/2015, 1:06 pm

go99 wrote:DC makes nobody do anything. Coach, clubs, parents make their own choices and any coach who does that is $hit and so is any club that encourages it. I wouldn't have paid them either

AHH !! But the aura of DC does. Wink
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/20/2015, 1:10 pm

DC makes nobody do anything

EXCEPT host kids for free, rearrange your life, be forced to work "volunteer" for free, whether your team is even in the DC or not, pressure your coach to WIN at all costs etc etc...and guess what on top of that you get to pay also.....for a soccer tournament

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 2:08 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:DC makes nobody do anything

EXCEPT host kids for free, rearrange your life, be forced to work "volunteer" for free, whether your team is even in the DC or not, pressure your coach to WIN at all costs etc etc...and guess what on top of that you get to pay also.....for a soccer tournament
WRONG.
You choose to host kids for free
You choose to rearrange your life
You choose volunteer hours
Your coach chooses to win at all cost
And you choose to pay

It is all a choice that you can walk away from at anytime. But your morality, ethics, beliefs and conviction are not at as strong as your desire for what you want. Pressure didn't make a coach compromise his ethics because he never had any. Allure doesn't make parents compromise their own beliefs unless they never really had any.

Stand for what you believe. Do not participate in the DC or any volunteer hours. Others who believe as you do should do the same. If nobody joins you then you are just alone in your believe but at least true to yourself. If enough people join you then the dc will change or cease to exist.

So the real question is have you or are you participating in the DC? If so then we all know exactly who you are. A person who's beliefs and opinions are worth no more than a silly youth soccer game. If not then kudos to you for taking a stance
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/20/2015, 2:57 pm

oh brother what a crock. I am not going to punish my son for the failings of DC. I am not going to destroy his relationship with his coach for DC. i will express my displeasure with the coach over DC failings and work with others toward getting those failings fixed. Last time when we correctly said that holding the DC at the sucky cotton bowl was a poor choice your advice was the same, uh just don't go, it was bad advice then and its bad advice now....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 3:04 pm

It's exactly as I thought. Plenty of opinion and no action just like most people. Why would DC change anything when they realize weak willed parents lack the stones to actually do anything. Like a bunch of whiny toddlers you want everything your way. Unfortunately that's not how the world works. Doesn't mean they are forcing you just means you have to do it to get what you want. I want my paychecks but my work doesn't FORCE me to work. I choose to so i can continue to get those checks I want. No club, coach, tournament is worth my integrity. Now we know how much yours is worth. Have fun at the tournament and keep thinking you will effect change without your own sacrifice
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Depor 2/20/2015, 3:08 pm

"stones" = Balls?

Depor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 3:26 pm

Yes and there was no we in the cottonbowl there was just you and it was correct because they can put the games anywhere they want. They can smell the astroglide they know you will bend over and take it. A little coy protesting just makes it exciting
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/20/2015, 3:32 pm

go99 wrote:Yes and there was no we in the cottonbowl there was just you and it was correct because they can put the games anywhere they want. They can smell the astroglide they know you will bend over and take it. A little coy protesting just makes it exciting

lol, you often think of men getting astroglided huh? well to each his own....

btw NO one wants the crappy cottonbowl except for you out of some misguided sense of solidarity with south dallas...

Back to top Go down

Post by kickingitlong 2/20/2015, 3:45 pm

I have just been reminded why I left this forum a couple of years back.  

Same old idiots thinking they know what's best for everyone else, same elitist cry-babies crying about the same old s*** and same old hypocrites saying one thing here and another on the field.

kickingitlong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 4:07 pm

Actually most people just don't care including me. Cotton bowl, Frisco, or at the boneyard like it used to be wouldn't really care. But of i did my actions would follow my words. And plantit if i was on that team i would have been fighting for your son. 16 sets of parents saying to a coach we will not allow you to treat our kids that way fixes that. But understand other parents wouldn't want to ruin their relationship with coach So lets just say I would rather be a dick than a swallower
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 2/20/2015, 9:51 pm

go99 wrote:Actually most people just don't care including me. Cotton bowl, Frisco, or at the boneyard like it used to be wouldn't really care. But of i did my actions would follow my words. And plantit if i was on that team i would have been fighting for your son. 16 sets of parents saying to a coach we will not allow you to treat our kids that way fixes that. But understand other parents wouldn't want to ruin their relationship with coach So lets just say I would rather be a dick than a swallower

Lets just say after 4 years of driving to  Frisco , Playing a thankless position , Playing through pain, not a single person stood up for him and said this is BULLSHIT!   2 games before DC we go down to Liverpool if his ass wasn't in the goal mouth clearing the ball out on 2 occasions . Yellowbellies to scared to take a stand for what was earned and deserved . It took a 14 year old to stand up for himself and make a statement by burning the uniform he represented to the best of his abilities for 5 friggin years. That day he showed me more about himself and the self respect he has for himself, that he basically stood up and said " Ya know what ??  %uck you"  

That My Friends Is What Most Parents Will Not Do, For Fear Of Little Johnny Not Getting To Play The Sainted DALLAS CUP!

The coach got his .the parents got theirs . Lost 3 bills off his dinner plate and still got his ass kicked . Same stupid thing happened with the older bb,  same f-in result Tail between the legs ass kickin .

KARMAS A BITCH! Run fast, kick far wise one .

BTW           For sale,, one slightly charred FCD uniform , kinda has a smokey pissed on smell to it but would work great for cleaning up after your dog takes a $hit.   $ .25  free shipping
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/21/2015, 7:43 am

plantit wrote:
go99 wrote:Actually most people just don't care including me. Cotton bowl, Frisco, or at the boneyard like it used to be wouldn't really care. But of i did my actions would follow my words. And plantit if i was on that team i would have been fighting for your son. 16 sets of parents saying to a coach we will not allow you to treat our kids that way fixes that. But understand other parents wouldn't want to ruin their relationship with coach So lets just say I would rather be a dick than a swallower

Lets just say after 4 years of driving to  Frisco , Playing a thankless position , Playing through pain, not a single person stood up for him and said this is BULLSHIT!   2 games before DC we go down to Liverpool if his ass wasn't in the goal mouth clearing the ball out on 2 occasions . Yellowbellies to scared to take a stand for what was earned and deserved . It took a 14 year old to stand up for himself and make a statement by burning the uniform he represented to the best of his abilities for 5 friggin years. That day he showed me more about himself and the self respect he has for himself, that he basically stood up and said " Ya know what ??  %uck you"  

That My Friends Is What Most Parents Will Not Do, For Fear Of Little Johnny Not Getting To Play The Sainted DALLAS CUP!

The coach got his .the parents got theirs . Lost 3 bills off his dinner plate and still got his ass kicked . Same stupid thing happened with the older bb,  same f-in result Tail between the legs ass kickin .

KARMAS A BITCH!  Run fast, kick far wise one .

BTW           For sale,, one slightly charred FCD uniform , kinda has a smokey pissed on smell to it but would work great for cleaning up after your dog takes a $hit.   $ .25  free shipping
lol! lol! lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 2/22/2015, 9:23 am

Some of us have never had to experience this DC situation.
I don't agree with my son qualifying for this tournament and I not only have to pay for the tournament fee, but also take in a foreign kid.
I did not know this tournament rule about local teams hosting until 2 weeks ago.
I just thought this was a very big tournament and the host club (FCD) had to "volunteer" their time.
BUT. This has been the rule of this tournament for years, and my opinion is that it sucks.
And since neither the coach nor DC's holding a gun to my head. I have to respect it and not have my BB to participate.
There's a ton of more tournaments in his future.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/22/2015, 9:44 am

Exactly that is the proper out view on it. Fyi usually not every family from the team has to host. You usually only need like 11 families the others usually chip in money to help cover the cost
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 2/22/2015, 9:51 am

This thread is a wrap! NEXT Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 2/23/2015, 3:03 pm

Or you could go the other way and experience hosting a foreign player, keep that watchful eye, see how it impacts your child/children AND the foreign player, and then make your decision after the experience is done.

Maybe you would see that your 14-year old foreign soccer player is a normal boy that is well-mannered, happy, hungry teen that likes soccer, video games, soda and candy. Perhaps, he'll be a mirror image or your son that the main difference is speaking a different language. And the greatest thing is your son realizes that he can communicate with other people without being able to speak their language and he picks up some German/Spanish/Swedish or whatever.

Rather than choosing to exclude your son from an experience you could be a parent and let your son have an experience under your supervision. I mean, that's what parents do right?

Hope he doesn't go back to practice the Monday after Easter and everyone on his team is raving about the new friends they've made and chatting via Instagram or Twitter while their parents are raving about how polite & respectful the kids were the entire time and the kids didn't steal a single nickel out of the house and didn't rape the older sister either. Good luck with keeping your child away from life forever. Sounds fun

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 2/23/2015, 3:43 pm

twotone wrote:Or you could go the other way and experience hosting a foreign player, keep that watchful eye, see how it impacts your child/children AND the foreign player, and then make your decision after the experience is done.

Maybe you would see that your 14-year old foreign soccer player is a normal boy that is well-mannered, happy, hungry teen that likes soccer, video games, soda and candy. Perhaps, he'll be a mirror image or your son that the main difference is speaking a different language. And the greatest thing is your son realizes that he can communicate with other people without being able to speak their language and he picks up some German/Spanish/Swedish or whatever.

Rather than choosing to exclude your son from an experience you could be a parent and let your son have an experience under your supervision. I mean, that's what parents do right?

Hope he doesn't go back to practice the Monday after Easter and everyone on his team is raving about the new friends they've made and chatting via Instagram or Twitter while their parents are raving about how polite & respectful the kids were the entire time and the kids didn't steal a single nickel out of the house and didn't rape the older sister either. Good luck with keeping your child away from life forever. Sounds fun

So, I am NOT a responsible parent because I won't host another kid?
That is a very moronic statement.
Where in the HELL do you read anywhere where I stated that these foreign kids are thieves?
Go to hell, idiot.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 2/23/2015, 4:06 pm

The thing that worries me is how it can divide families and teammates. Some are passionate and have different values than others and the fact that if enough differ in opinions or decide not to participate, it creates tremendous animosity between families. Remember if you don't field a certain percentage of players from the qualifying team, you cannot participate.

And that leads to the following question. So, how does that rule apply to those teams such as FCD that didn't qualify? Do they just get to put together a super team and participate?

Sure everyone makes their own choices...but the rules and requirements can create an adversarial environment within its own team. I'm sure the teams that get free housing, food, entertainment, shuttle services think its a great arrangement. I'm also sure those that "voted" to keep this arrangement are those that had no problem to begin with. Those that did, didn't get their chance to "vote" because they probably chose not to participate. That's not a real accurate "vote". Bottom line. There are enough people standing in line to pay money to work/host for free that the true "qualifiers" don't really matter. It's all about the $$ with soccer at this level in America. Sooner people realize this l, the less stress they will incur. Nothing is going to change. If they can figure out a way to have people pay them to mow their fields for them just to participate, they'd do it. It's a business and not about its customers (kids/families). It's about how much they can extract from its customers.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides again 2/23/2015, 4:11 pm

Can we get back to who is in for the tourney and when does the official list come out?

Offsides again
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 2/23/2015, 4:16 pm

Offsides again wrote:Can we get back to who is in for the tourney and when does the official list come out?

Amen!
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM 2/23/2015, 4:19 pm

Loading up the iPads with Google Translate and packing away sick days so that I have the 4 hrs a day to take kids back and forth to Dallas twice a day for 10 days. Getting a second job to pay for breakfasts and Dinners for 10 days, pay for gas and tolls. Wink

Just stirring the pot. Wink

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next